Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.4.1 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby Boss » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:49 am

I wanna ask for, say, having maybe a toggle that lets the normal enemies eat you? I'm all for the player pred system, but just my suggestion to add more than just a dragon as a pred for the player.
Boss
New to the forum

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:53 pm

There will be enemy preds in later levels. DS said so already.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Boss wrote:I wanna ask for, say, having maybe a toggle that lets the normal enemies eat you? I'm all for the player pred system, but just my suggestion to add more than just a dragon as a pred for the player.

Yes, as DivineSomaCruz said later levels will have more preds (also listed in the FAQ). These preds will be both human station crew akin to the sentries and dashers as well as a variety of aliens. A naga/lamia like alien is the next planned predator addition.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:22 am

v0.4.5 is undergoing stress testing and will be ready in the semi-near future! Won't include the menus/UI updates and everything under "waiting to start" in the dev status section (that all will make up v0.5.0) but the current changelog is still already second in size only to v0.4.0 :-D

Stamina has been rebalanced and the kinks in the new vore system have been ironed out to allow for a much smoother game flow and lend themselves well to allowing for both stealth and full offensive gameplay styles (if you know how to take advantage of each style's benefits!), and I can't wait to flesh both out with the skill trees and 3+ prey once we finally get around to v0.6.0. The full tile rework and sprite updates of most other things also has the game looking SO much better than it used to and has helped me redesign certain areas of levels to be much better (huge thanks to Anko Bear and JumpingBananaBoat for their fantastic work with the majority of the sprite reworks this update!! Will definitely be updating the game screenshots), as has finally getting platforms you can jump and drop through working (nightmarish though it was to code XD). And of course, a new post-digestion belly size ;p
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:45 pm

Hi, was playing the game (4.0) and had an idea. You’ve probably thought of this already, but what if you decided to change the colors of buttons to coordinate with laser walls and whatnot? I think that, at the moment, its only one color for buttons, but i thought it may be helpful for future progress. (Ie, at the start of a level you see a red laser door with a store kiosk behind it, later you find the red switch and go back for it to visit a store.)
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:11 am

Whisper92 wrote:Hi, was playing the game (4.0) and had an idea. You’ve probably thought of this already, but what if you decided to change the colors of buttons to coordinate with laser walls and whatnot? I think that, at the moment, its only one color for buttons, but i thought it may be helpful for future progress. (Ie, at the start of a level you see a red laser door with a store kiosk behind it, later you find the red switch and go back for it to visit a store.)

The buttons have been color coordinated since the launch of the game XD

The new tiles make their difference in color much more obvious though!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Lol had me fooled.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby psvorefan1520 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:27 pm

Eh, following. May download later.
Games (click pix):
ImageImageImage
None are done.
psvorefan1520
---

Postby d00mhead » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:52 am

Just wanted to say this is a really cool, solid game. Been playing with concept art for a while now preparing to make my own 2d sidescroller in a similar style to this, and I really appreciate how good this one feels.
d00mhead
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:34 pm

d00mhead wrote:Just wanted to say this is a really cool, solid game. Been playing with concept art for a while now preparing to make my own 2d sidescroller in a similar style to this, and I really appreciate how good this one feels.

Thank you!! Its got a ways to go still but it's getting there :) Good luck with your game! If you ever need advice I'm happy to lend some.

In the meantime I just uploaded the newest update which should further correct and polish a lot of the existing gameplay and mechanics - let me know what you all think!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.4.5 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby QueueSD11 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:33 pm

Just wanted to say the game's great. I look forward to seeing how you improve on it in the future :-D
Check out my addons for Devourment Refactor: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61658
QueueSD11
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whisper92 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 pm

I haven't been able to try it out much, but it looks much better. I like the half digested gut size in particular. If I read that correctly, it had no benefit or consequence besides holding bones, right?

Also, could you elaborate on what this is?

Edible/voracious companion
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:59 pm

Whisper92 wrote:I haven't been able to try it out much, but it looks much better. I like the half digested gut size in particular. If I read that correctly, it had no benefit or consequence besides holding bones, right?

Correct, the post digestion gut currently does nothing but hold bones (and eventually items enemies carried to be regurgitated once those are added).

Whisper92 wrote:Also, could you elaborate on what this is?

Edible/voracious companion

An idea I had : D

I figured sooner or later it might get bothersome to chase down those tiny mech pilots, right? Might be nice if you had a companion who could fly and gulp some of them down for you.
Might be nicer if said companion could serve as a resurrectable snack on the go if you wanted...
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Havent given it a full playthru, but here are some quick thoughts.

New environments look really nice. More stuff everywhere makes it more interesting. If i may, like in RE7,2,3 remakes, maybe ledges you can climb on should all have a certain paint on them like yellow. I tried jumping on boxes and it didn't work but cranes did.

This’ll probably be made redundant once medkits are added, but maybe the half gut could be used as a quick health option if youre on the run. Digest the slurry, burp bones, and fight if you have to.

Interesting idea for a companion. Maybe make it a pheonix. You eat it, burp out the ash or smoke, and then 5 minutes later it returns by flying in. Hell, make it the Phrog Pheonix, the idea of a pheonix but a fat dumpy frog.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby unit72 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:53 am

I have found a new bug, it's really strange. I had to press Esc on a second level. When I started the game again and chose "continue game" (probably without actual save, i did not save) my character became invisible and all white basic enemies disappeared. The game in this state was actually playable until I tried to eat a dasher:

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_stomach:

DoAdd :2: undefined value
at gml_Object_obj_stomach_Alarm_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_stomach_Alarm_0 (line -1)

I think it's because there was a save from the old version, which somehow didn't crash the game immediately, but anyway you probably want to fix this kind of situation.

I like this update, the game is now more challenging and faster paced, and new graphics look good.
unit72
Been posting for a bit

Postby Manchura » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:06 am

I've noticed this for a while now, but what surfaces you can and cant jump on while sprinting are completely random and it really makes it hard to judge what I can and cant do with a full stomach lol
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:49 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Havent given it a full playthru, but here are some quick thoughts.

New environments look really nice. More stuff everywhere makes it more interesting. If i may, like in RE7,2,3 remakes, maybe ledges you can climb on should all have a certain paint on them like yellow. I tried jumping on boxes and it didn't work but cranes did.

This’ll probably be made redundant once medkits are added, but maybe the half gut could be used as a quick health option if youre on the run. Digest the slurry, burp bones, and fight if you have to.

Interesting idea for a companion. Maybe make it a pheonix. You eat it, burp out the ash or smoke, and then 5 minutes later it returns by flying in. Hell, make it the Phrog Pheonix, the idea of a pheonix but a fat dumpy frog.

Boxes are also going to be something you can jump on in the future, currently though the issue is the code is too complex - I'd have to use the same type of object as I've used for the jumpthru platforms so that boxes could be walked in front of still and not treated like a solid object, but due to how the engine considers collision it's really difficult to make it so that you can be touching a jumpthru platform (i.e. a box or crate) while on solid ground as well without falling into the ground and getting stuck. I've got a theory on how I can get around this by using data structures for collisions, but I have yet to test it and find out if that'll work.

And actually, forgot that the half gut actually also essentially works like that - you gain a small amount of instant health when enemies are digested, but the regeneration does not start until you completely finish digestion (including from the half gut), so you can use it as a heal on the go or before turning around and fighting.

Funnily enough a phoenix of a sort was one of the initial considerations for what the companion could be - however at this point I've decided it'll be a shape shifter so people can choose what they want it to be out of a few options, since it will only need a few animations and it's maximum size will be 64x64 (only a quarter of the player's bounding box for reference).

unit72 wrote:I have found a new bug, it's really strange. I had to press Esc on a second level. When I started the game again and chose "continue game" (probably without actual save, i did not save) my character became invisible and all white basic enemies disappeared. The game in this state was actually playable until I tried to eat a dasher:

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_stomach:

DoAdd :2: undefined value
at gml_Object_obj_stomach_Alarm_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_stomach_Alarm_0 (line -1)

I think it's because there was a save from the old version, which somehow didn't crash the game immediately, but anyway you probably want to fix this kind of situation.

I like this update, the game is now more challenging and faster paced, and new graphics look good.

Ahh yeah I just heard about that from another player who tried to load an old save - unfortunately there isn't really anything I can do about old save bugs though short of just not allowing old saves to be loaded - usually old save files will work with new versions, but not every time especially if I've had to change how/what the save/load script does.

Thank you though!! My friend Anko Bear did most of the new tiles so thank them for that, but I'm glad the game pacing is smoother/faster now - that was my goal with the further changes to the vore system!

Manchura wrote:I've noticed this for a while now, but what surfaces you can and cant jump on while sprinting are completely random and it really makes it hard to judge what I can and cant do with a full stomach lol

You should be able to both sprint and jump while on any surface you can stand on - would you by chance be using Alt for your sprint button? Some older keyboards will mute certain key inputs or combinations of key inputs - I found out when I got a new keyboard that for some reason I could not jump while sprinting to the left (right worked just fine though), which is part of why I initially added an alternate key for sprinting.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby unit72 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:24 am

Okay I completed the new version, what I can say about gameplay:
- rockets now pass through platforms so they're harder to dodge, especially on level 2
- there are areas where you don't want to rush in because there are too much enemies, so you should carefully clear them
- the trick with holding down arrow in mid-air for extra stealth no longer works, and I think this is right
- the huge missiles flying roughly at character's head level no longer can hit her, so we can now just ignore them, and this makes the final corridor much easier
- the third attack in your combo can hit through 1-block thick wall
- if a struggle contest happens while you are eating someone they both are released. Probably a bug
- vertical lasers stun enemies but it seems they deal no damage, horizontal lasers kill them and they disappear instantly
- with some practice, you can use your inertia to eat an enemy through a vertical laser!
- the viable strategies I found are either fighting with 2 prey belly or quickly eating an enemy and retreating. By fighting, you avoid struggle contests and deal damage quickly. If you press Enter, you digest both prey immediately, but you can maintain 2 prey size by using Shift and then eating a knocked out enemy. It however does not work with dashers. If you swallow a healthy enemy, a struggle contest can happen at any time. You really don't want a struggle contest to happen where you can take damage so if there are other enemies ahead you should digest the one you ate in safety and using Shift to speed up the process. Probably you can deliberately wait for a struggle contest and attack after it, I didn't try.

This game looks promising
unit72
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:45 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:Funnily enough a phoenix of a sort was one of the initial considerations for what the companion could be - however at this point I've decided it'll be a shape shifter so people can choose what they want it to be out of a few options, since it will only need a few animations and it's maximum size will be 64x64 (only a quarter of the player's bounding box for reference).

Oh, I hope fairy will be an option!

unit72 wrote:Okay I completed the new version, what I can say about gameplay:
- rockets now pass through platforms so they're harder to dodge, especially on level 2
- there are areas where you don't want to rush in because there are too much enemies, so you should carefully clear them
- the trick with holding down arrow in mid-air for extra stealth no longer works, and I think this is right
- the huge missiles flying roughly at character's head level no longer can hit her, so we can now just ignore them, and this makes the final corridor much easier
- the third attack in your combo can hit through 1-block thick wall
- if a struggle contest happens while you are eating someone they both are released. Probably a bug
- vertical lasers stun enemies but it seems they deal no damage, horizontal lasers kill them and they disappear instantly
- with some practice, you can use your inertia to eat an enemy through a vertical laser!
- the viable strategies I found are either fighting with 2 prey belly or quickly eating an enemy and retreating. By fighting, you avoid struggle contests and deal damage quickly. If you press Enter, you digest both prey immediately, but you can maintain 2 prey size by using Shift and then eating a knocked out enemy. It however does not work with dashers. If you swallow a healthy enemy, a struggle contest can happen at any time. You really don't want a struggle contest to happen where you can take damage so if there are other enemies ahead you should digest the one you ate in safety and using Shift to speed up the process. Probably you can deliberately wait for a struggle contest and attack after it, I didn't try.

This game looks promising

I've always taken it slow, eat one or two enemies, get to safety(If I wasn't already safe), enjoy their struggles and digest them down to the half belly(once we can handle even more prey, I'd probably do just one at a time, eat, enjoy, unalive(but I won't digest until my capacities full, so that I can enjoy that big belly, and the different struggles from progressively more and more prey(even though it's only the one latest that's doing the struggling))). XD :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby Whisper92 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 pm

Hey, just had another random idea.

So, before I mentioned adding other consumable food-like items, (at the time I said superfruit), well, after replaying Paper Mario TTYD, I had another idea. Kind of like how in paper Mario, you can wack trees with the hammer and you may get an item, I think it would be a fun idea to have a similar feature on the space station.

In the short term, it could be that there are planted trees that you can kick and possibly have a fruit fall out or an enemy if you’re unlucky. (It could be stage specific, but the idea is just simple, like they brought plants in to freshen the place up).

A more long term goal would be to add animal enclosures. At the time, I was just thinking fish tanks, but other animals could be used as well. At first I was thinking just doing fish and making it that useless fish from Pokemon who just flops on the ground (don’t know the name) but as I was thinking, they could be used as a temporary perk system. Say you buy a perk to absorb exotic animal abilities, and when you smash a display case and swallow the animal, you get a temporary perk.

Just off the top of my head, i can think of:

Useless fish just being extra health
A flame lizard having a flame ability/ resistance.
Scorpion monster giving extra melee attack damage for faster ko’s.
Spider mutant webs up your stomach so that enemies will not struggle.
Jackrabbit monster being a speed boost
My favorite, a pufferfish which makes enemies who swallow you immediately spit you out.

Just an idea, i thought it would be a bit more fun than just grabbing health vials. My request is not making the animals too cute.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game