Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:28 pm

!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!
This game's main hosting has been moved to the website Itch.io, a site explicitly for sharing indie games!
Link to the new official game page

Itch provides a number of better tools for me to use which will make updates a lot easier, and make it easy to provide options to download older versions of the game as well. This forum page will likely go dormant/archived as well to cut down on the number of things I have to manage for the game. In the meantime, join the Discord for the most up-to-date information (join link now also on the itch page)!

About:
Spoiler: show

An illegal space research station, the Genetic Labs of Unique Trials and Testing seek to modify organisms in all kinds of creative ways. Mia is just one such experiment, testing the limits of human appetite...
Fight/devour your way out of guards, scientists, and aliens alike in this stealth-based metroidvania!

Features:

Current features:
f/f same size/micro oral vore (player pred)
?/f feral/alien vore (player prey)
Object vore
Digestion/Burping/Indigestion/struggling
Full sound effects
Up to 3 prey
Line-of-sight and sound detection stealth system

Long term goals:
Full cinematic story experience
New characters and dialogue
Items and weapon upgrades
Edible/voracious companion
Many additional enemies (human/alien/mecha alike as both preds and prey)
Bosses
4 prey + special states for eating boss type enemies
Micro vore (player pred)
Lots of abilities for skill trees
Full animation libraries for a dynamic and immersieve player look (2,000+ animation frames already exist for the player)
Stealth system overhaul
lots more levels and enemies
Literally over 40 pages of typed development notes/plans

Long(er) term goals:
Weight gain
Alternate male forms for enemies
Alternate player character skins
Macro vore (player prey)

FAQ

Q: Where can I download the latest version?
A: The main hosting for the game has been moved to Itch.io - link at the top of this post. The most up to date public versions will be posted there, with slightly newer beta builds available on the Patreon (linked on the itch page).

Q: When is the next update??
A: Generally depends on the amount of content I have coming each update - based on how things have gone so far though, I'd estimate an average of 4 months between major updates for now. Check the top of the post for dev status!

Q: What kind of preds will be in the game?
A: Currently, there is just the one feral alien pred capable of eating the player, but there are plans to add plenty more preds, both human and alien alike.

Q: What enemies can actually be eaten?
A: Eventually, ALL standard enemies will be edible, however as this game is rather early in development the blind drake and robot enemies are not currently edible.

Q: How do you kill enemies?
A: Currently enemies can only be stunned with your stun gun OR KO'd with melee. Digestion is the best way to permanently dispatch them.

Q: I can't sprint while moving left, why isn't this working?
A: Due to the sprint key currently being bound to Alt, some keyboards don't allow for pressing multiple keys at once in conjunction with the Alt key. In the meantime, "C" also works to activate sprint if you have this issue.

Q: Will this game run on Mac?
A: Unfortunately no - Apple requires extremely exhaustive and expensive measures to be taken to obtain a license to publish to MacOS, including owning a Mac myself (which I do not).

Q: How does x mechanic work?
A: READ THE README!! All of the game's mechanics and functionality are detailed there, it was made specifically so that you won't have to await a reply from me on how a certain aspect of the game works, especially since there isn't an official tutorial level yet and won't be for a while!

Q: Can you add weight gain to the game?
A: Weight gain is an eventual plan but is a long ways off due to it being the single most demanding feature in terms of sprites and will take a long time to complete.

Q: How do you rebind controls?
A: Rebinding controls is planned but not a current feature - the process of creating such a feature can be a little complex and I want to make sure I've already figured out all the main controls and abilities first.

Enemy names for reference
Sentry (First encountered enemy)
Dasher (Red armor, blue blades)
Missile Mech/Mini mech
Mini mech pilots (the tinies that appear from destroyed mini mechs)
Alien drake/Blind drake

If I've forgotten to credit anyone for their work, please let me know ASAP! I'm in the process of compiling a more complete and detailed list of contributors in the Discord server right now, all of whom will also be put in the game's credits once I actually create in game credits. Additionally, if anyone would prefer to go by a different screenname in the credits/be annonamous or would like any social media/art pages linked, also let me know!

One last note, the below screenshots are out of date! Again, check the itch page as that is the official new hosting for the game and all future updates.

Copyright 2020 DraconicSyntax
Attachments
Cover Art redesign.png
Cover art
Cover Art redesign.png (9.15 KiB) Viewed 273604 times
1.png
Easy snack.
3.png
4.png
6.png
Not all prey is so agreeable.
9.png
Some, even LESS so.
10.png
Dominance asserted successfully.
11.png
Open wide!
12.png
And you, for that matter.
13.png
metalgearalert.wav
Last edited by DraconicSyntax on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:50 pm, edited 144 times in total.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Re: Searching for sprite artists for 2d vore platformer game

Postby CreeperBoy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:14 am

So the thing about asking for free labor is that you'll need to provide some sort of compensation, or at the very least let people know what it is they'll be working on, and if it's something they're willing to donate time and effort to. "Free WIP tests" sadly just isn't enough to convince someone to offer their services, most times. It's kinda like "paying in exposure", which essentially means nothing to the artist :?

That said, I am happy to provide help with a few sprites, and maybe help you learn how to make sprites on your own. Though it seems like you have a decent understanding, already
CreeperBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:11 am

CreeperBoy wrote:So the thing about asking for free labor is that you'll need to provide some sort of compensation, or at the very least let people know what it is they'll be working on, and if it's something they're willing to donate time and effort to. "Free WIP tests" sadly just isn't enough to convince someone to offer their services, most times. It's kinda like "paying in exposure", which essentially means nothing to the artist :?

That said, I am happy to provide help with a few sprites, and maybe help you learn how to make sprites on your own. Though it seems like you have a decent understanding, already

Right, I definitely recognize the WIP tests aren't much by way of compensation - I was prepared in advance that there wouldn't likely be many takers as a result, which is completely fair. I imagined that the reason other artists might still be interested in helping is due to them also wanting a new vore game, and/or perhaps wanting to see their own art/creations in said game; more for the passion of it, probably. I completely understand artists turning away at lack of monetary compensation here though - I know art isn't easy and can be very time consuming!

That also said, thank you for your interest in the project! Any sprites/help you're willing to spare I'd appreciate very much :)
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello there. I am not able to bring help in any way possible but i am heavely interrested in your project and I wish you the best of luck
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:32 pm

Zbeubyx wrote:Hello there. I am not able to bring help in any way possible but i am heavely interrested in your project and I wish you the best of luck

Thank you!! As of now all the most basic mechanics are in so it's going well :)
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Cimche » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:16 pm

I'm interested and can help with the sprite work. I'm a beginner (kinda) but I gots the aseprite ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ if you need any examples of my sprite work there's two in my gallery.
(I did not make my icon, that was made by ghouls)
Cimche
Been posting for a bit

Re: 2D Vore Platformer (Looking for sprite artists!)

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:23 pm

Big progress update!
Last edited by DraconicSyntax on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Re: 2D Vore Platformer UPDATE (Looking for sprite artists!)

Postby VLover552 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:14 pm

This looks awesome cant wait to see where you go with this, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one
VLover552
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:09 pm

Looks interesting, very interested to see where this goes.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ayra42 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Well now that looks good, I’m definitely excited to test it out :D
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby dragon666 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:50 am

when will the game be release cause i want to try it out and see how it works 8) 8)
dragon666
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:56 am

dragon666 wrote:when will the game be release cause i want to try it out and see how it works 8) 8)

I'm close to having an alpha release ready! I need to finish building the full first level and get the first two enemies fully functional (one of which I'm very grateful to have help from GoldenKuji for), plus add sound, then it should be ready.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:55 pm

sorry for bringing up false hope but I feel like I should ask still. Is everything alright? This topic suddenly got silent
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:29 pm

Zbeubyx wrote:sorry for bringing up false hope but I feel like I should ask still. Is everything alright? This topic suddenly got silent

Everything's good, just been incredibly busy largely. Progress is still happening, just slowly XD

I have the remainder of the first level drafted though and more than half built, with only a couple more things that need fresh sprites and code. After that it's adding the rest of the sound and a bit of polish and it should be out - I'd hazard a guess of within the month for the alpha release if things work out.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:40 am

Alright, happy to know everything’s fine, I’ll personally patiently bide my time, and may the force be with you
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Hello! Nice! Always great to have more vore platformers, ESPECIALLY when we player pred!
Turbotowns
???

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:16 pm

New stuff!
Last edited by DraconicSyntax on Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ziedine » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:59 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:Another couple progress images!

I can't wait anymooooooreee i'm hunngrrryyyyy!!!!!
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

Postby rbrdiesel » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:44 pm

looking good. can't wait to see it finished.
rbrdiesel
New to the forum

Postby Ayra42 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:21 am

firebolt2526 wrote:Another couple progress images!

This is looking great ^^. Can’t wait to go at it :gulp:
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game