Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: 2D Vore Platformer UPDATE (Looking for sprite artists!)

Postby Ziedine » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:39 pm

The project is dead ? :?:
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ayra42 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:45 am

Ziedine wrote:The project is dead ? :?:

they most likely are slowed in their work because of the lockdown
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby killermeow » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:50 am

Not even a month since the last update images. Kindly go away and learn some patience, rather than declaring something is dead when barely any time has passed.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Manchura » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 pm

:roll: people need to learn to read the last edited date
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby TNT00007 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Is there anything going on in this game? ^^;
TNT00007
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ziedine » Tue May 05, 2020 10:44 pm

Manchura wrote:

:roll: people need to learn to read the last edited date

because there are lots of games saying the same things and then they give up
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ziedine » Sun May 31, 2020 10:45 am

we must wake up this topic :D
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ayra42 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:27 pm

Ziedine wrote:we must wake up this topic :D

Agreed buddy
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Progress still being made, albeit slowly! I've been trying to get a completed and at least semi polished first level finished for the alpha release - problem is I keep thinking of more things to try and squeeze in before the initial release, but I've finally drawn a line to cut myself off at so I can actually get this game out this decade. Detail work is mostly all that remains, the only other big hurdle being true line-of-sight detection rather than proximity based detection for the AI, but I may leave that to a later update. That being said, I think I can say with a bit more confidence that the alpha will be out before the end of this month!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Finally, some good frickin news
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby 665544o » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:35 pm

That's awesome! can't wait to try it out. Gonna be great gurgling and getting gurgled by some guys and gals.
665544o
New to the forum

Postby SynthesizedJewel » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:54 pm

For sprite work, can I leave a recommendation? You should give people a basic idea of how many sprites they would be doing. And if you have any ideas for monsters, I think that'd be a huge help!

As an example, using Kirby, Kirby has a walk animation, a sucking animation, and a fat animation, at the simplest, and usually an idle animation or two. Each of these typically takes up at least three frames, so with just four animations, that's twelve sprites. Dunno if that helps at all, but it's something to consider!

Other than that, this seems like a neat project, and I'm looking forward to seeing it progress!
SynthesizedJewel
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am

SynthesizedJewel wrote:For sprite work, can I leave a recommendation? You should give people a basic idea of how many sprites they would be doing. And if you have any ideas for monsters, I think that'd be a huge help!

As an example, using Kirby, Kirby has a walk animation, a sucking animation, and a fat animation, at the simplest, and usually an idle animation or two. Each of these typically takes up at least three frames, so with just four animations, that's twelve sprites. Dunno if that helps at all, but it's something to consider!

Other than that, this seems like a neat project, and I'm looking forward to seeing it progress!

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll edit the main post with something like that once the first version of the game is out.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

*lurks hoping for news*
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Zbeubyx wrote:*lurks hoping for news*

I'm adding the last set of animations needed to the main enemy, then just need a better bg wall tile - if I have time I want to throw in some extra decor sprites and such, but I might hold off on that till later. If I do decide to include those now though it'll be because it won't delay the release longer than an extra day.

Really the big hurdle right now is getting enough time where I'm not at work to put in the last touches!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby 665544o » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:08 am

Just curious on a status update? Really excited to try this out.
665544o
New to the forum

Postby TheMystique » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:23 am

665544o wrote:Just curious on a status update? Really excited to try this out.

It's only been a week lol, they said they've got a job on their plate which can't be easy during a global pandemic.
TheMystique
Been posting for a bit

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 am

ALPHA HAS BEEN RELEASED!!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:33 am

Now that's some good gameplay, Samus' sprites are really good and despite being randomely stopped by indigestion i can't help but stay with two prey as much as possible, about bugs there is one:

See that area all to the bottom right with several platforms used to get back to the upper part of the stage? well i had a prey my belly when i got hit under first platform by another synth, it caused the one i ate to be stuck in the platform it could still receive gun shots but i couldn't eat it anymore, also i can still activate manual digestion while in auto digestion. Other than that i didn't spot anything strange.

This is a blast really, thanks for making this :D

EDIT: about enemys getting stuck it happens with any ceiling low enough, i'd say it does this since the regurgated enemys appear in the air before falling.

may I make suggestion?
I found it too bad that we couldn't eat the missile launchers, i get that we need to have to use our ammo, so how about making them edible after stunning them in some way? like shooting them 2 time in a row or making them fall and stay fallen a few seconds before exploding? that way we eat it before it does, Would honestly be cool for those of us who want to eat everything in our path.
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:23 am

Zbeubyx wrote:Now that's some good gameplay, Samus' sprites are really good and despite being randomely stopped by indigestion i can't help but stay with two prey as much as possible, about bugs there is one:

See that area all to the bottom right with several platforms used to get back to the upper part of the stage? well i had a prey my belly when i got hit under first platform by another synth, it caused the one i ate to be stuck in the platform it could still receive gun shots but i couldn't eat it anymore, also i can still activate manual digestion while in auto digestion. Other than that i didn't spot anything strange.

This is a blast really, thanks for making this :D

EDIT: about enemys getting stuck it happens with any ceiling low enough, i'd say it does this since the regurgated enemys appear in the air before falling.

may I make suggestion?
I found it too bad that we couldn't eat the missile launchers, i get that we need to have to use our ammo, so how about making them edible after stunning them in some way? like shooting them 2 time in a row or making them fall and stay fallen a few seconds before exploding? that way we eat it before it does, Would honestly be cool for those of us who want to eat everything in our path.

Thanks for the report! I definitely thought I'd added a check to keep manual from being usable during auto digestion, but this was mostly for the purposes of keeping sequences from breaking more than anything. I just tested it myself, and I think I must have gone back at some point to allow it since as far as I can tell it won't cause any issues, so I may leave that in for player convenience! ("not a bug, a feature" ;pp)

Yeah, unfortunately regurgitating too near to some surfaces will cause enemies to get stuck - that's just due to how the regurgitation system works currently, I've been trying to piece together some code that will force enemies out of walls they get stuck in as a result (which SHOULD be as simple as "if(enemy colliding inside wall) then add one to y coordinate", repeated every frame of the game. For some reason this just doesn't work and I have no clue why :/

...as of writing that I decided to try the same code using a while loop instead of an if (while loops I normally avoid since if not used correctly it's super easy for them to lock your game) and suddenly it works perfectly -_-
Thanks for pointing it out! At least now I'll have it patched by next update :D

For the missile launchers, I did consider that - it'll take some reworking of the vore code to account for a second possible enemy type as prey, but that was inevitable as soon as I started adding more enemies beyond those two anyway. I may make it so you have to acquire a powerup before eating the robotic enemies though!

Last thing, do let me know if you think indigestion happens too often! I did my best to find a sweet spot of not being outright frustrating while still not making you too powerful just by remaining full for the added defense and such, but part of it IS still reliant on rng, and of course carrying 2 struggling prey will make it happen more often than just the one ;p

Glad you enjoy it otherwise!!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game