Proj: GL - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.3.6.1 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platforme

Postby Luxio512 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:39 am

Wonderful! The sprite-work is truly top notch, alongside the expressivity of the few pixels creating the protagonist's face; those indulged expressions are neither too exaggerated nor too basic, the perfect in-between.
I do wonder however, will this project ever consider having a plot of some sort? A short background and interactions here and there always fit for metroidvanias.
Luxio512
Been posting for a bit

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Wed May 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Luxio512 wrote:Wonderful! The sprite-work is truly top notch, alongside the expressivity of the few pixels creating the protagonist's face; those indulged expressions are neither too exaggerated nor too basic, the perfect in-between.
I do wonder however, will this project ever consider having a plot of some sort? A short background and interactions here and there always fit for metroidvanias.

Thank you!! That's about the mark I was aiming for with animations, so I'm glad I hit it!

There will be a plot yes, I've already got the rough outline for it drafted but it may be a good minute before much of it is added to the game since there are so many other things to be done for the game first.
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 19, 2021 5:44 pm

A little disappointed that our belly size doesn't influence the belly size of anything that eats us.
Last edited by Turbotowns on Wed May 19, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Wed May 19, 2021 5:55 pm

Turbotowns wrote:A little disappointed that our belly size doesn't influence the belly size of anything that eats us.

It will eventually, it's another sprite demand issue.
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Makes sense.

And I hope we get some humanoid enemy preds at some point!
Turbotowns
???

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Thu May 20, 2021 12:31 am

Turbotowns wrote:Makes sense.

Later higher tier versions of the regular station crew will be able, but first up for new humanoid preds will be a serpent enemy (think along the lines of XCOM Vipers)!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat May 22, 2021 10:08 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Makes sense.

Later higher tier versions of the regular station crew will be able, but first up for new humanoid preds will be a serpent enemy (think along the lines of XCOM Vipers)!

Oh boy, THOSE are gonna be popular!(Just like the vipers, both in universe and out. XD )

I forget, there's a way to save right?

Oh yeah, and if we get the ability to stomach loads of prey, will we eventually be able to eat bigger prey as well?
Turbotowns
???

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sun May 23, 2021 10:32 am

Turbotowns wrote:I forget, there's a way to save right?

Oh yeah, and if we get the ability to stomach loads of prey, will we eventually be able to eat bigger prey as well?

F8 (should be listed in the controls), and yes!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun May 23, 2021 6:18 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:I forget, there's a way to save right?

F8 (should be listed in the controls), and yes!

Oh god! My heart(and johnson), is getting excited! Updates can't come fast enough!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Whisper92 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:29 pm

First off: i am waiting for the next content update to get the newest variant (currently running momentum) but HOLY FUCKING SHIT i just saw the demo footage for melee from imgur and damn it looks smooth. Hot damn!

Secondly: i know this is far off, but in addition to the medic enemy that gives extra health and can revive people, maybe you could also add in a medic drone enemy? In the event that a medic can’t get to KO’d enemies or a mass of bodies are being kept KO’d in one corner of the map (i know we only have 2 maps but just beinghypothetical here) maybe a drone could spawn in to fly around and revive people? It could have less health when devoured, but at the same time is a robot and required edible robots ? Just an idea.

Third (The serious one): i ran into another glitch. Granted I wasn’t running the most recent build (momentum) but i got a glitch. Sorry, my boomer ass doesn’t know how to snag the code, but here is what I can describe.
Map 1, on the long fall after the missile drone that takes you to the bottom of the map (the one with the half laser walls over ledges). I jumped from one ledge to another and the top of my head hit the bottom of the laser. I was stuck with a blender sound and Mia was stuck in the invincibility frames. I couldnt move, and every few seconds my health would tick down by 8. Long story short, instead of bouncing off the laser I got stuck and trapped.

Hopefully that helps if you havent patched it out yet. Lastly, i just want to add, I kind of realized that the generic guards in this game look like the troopers from Spaceballs, and thats hilarious.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun May 23, 2021 7:55 pm

Whisper92 wrote:First off: i am waiting for the next content update to get the newest variant (currently running momentum) but HOLY FUCKING SHIT i just saw the demo footage for melee from imgur and damn it looks smooth. Hot damn!

Secondly: i know this is far off, but in addition to the medic enemy that gives extra health and can revive people, maybe you could also add in a medic drone enemy? In the event that a medic can’t get to KO’d enemies or a mass of bodies are being kept KO’d in one corner of the map (i know we only have 2 maps but just beinghypothetical here) maybe a drone could spawn in to fly around and revive people? It could have less health when devoured, but at the same time is a robot and required edible robots ? Just an idea.

Third (The serious one): i ran into another glitch. Granted I wasn’t running the most recent build (momentum) but i got a glitch. Sorry, my boomer ass doesn’t know how to snag the code, but here is what I can describe.
Map 1, on the long fall after the missile drone that takes you to the bottom of the map (the one with the half laser walls over ledges). I jumped from one ledge to another and the top of my head hit the bottom of the laser. I was stuck with a blender sound and Mia was stuck in the invincibility frames. I couldnt move, and every few seconds my health would tick down by 8. Long story short, instead of bouncing off the laser I got stuck and trapped.

Hopefully that helps if you havent patched it out yet. Lastly, i just want to add, I kind of realized that the generic guards in this game look like the troopers from Spaceballs, and thats hilarious.

imgur?
Turbotowns
???

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Mon May 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Whisper92 wrote:First off: i am waiting for the next content update to get the newest variant (currently running momentum) but HOLY FUCKING SHIT i just saw the demo footage for melee from imgur and damn it looks smooth. Hot damn!

Yep, melee has come together rather well and is ready for release as soon as the updated vore system is finished (just have one major feature/set of animations left)!

Health drones could be featured in some capacity, perhaps that heal less than medic enemies.

As for the glitch, nothing new there - I believe I've patched that (I fixed several bugs reguarding laser wall collision recently) though I believe the main issue is actually how that entire section is formed anyway - the lasers in that area are removed for the next update, and that small section will be removed entirely when I get around to reworking the levels.

Turbotowns wrote:imgur?

I posted a small video to imgur for sharing on Reddit about the progress of the next update - couldn't find a way to embed it here since it was a video file and not a gif, and all of the online converters I tried absolutely butchered the quality (imgur still did to the video quality a bit but not nearly as bad). Here is the link for anyone interested in seeing it still!

On a less related note, if anyone has/knows a good resources for voreish sound effects, I'd love to hear about it! I've got folder with several sounds I've amassed, but many simply sound way too out of place to be used without heavy editing, which my skill is limited in. Any specific struggle and slosh sfx would be especially appreciated!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby daeway » Mon May 24, 2021 10:45 pm

A lot of folks seem to want more prey interactions; which is fine cuz prey interactions attract a bigger audience (most people like prey scenes). I'm just glad we are going to be able eat monsters like the Drake. Vore heroes like Mia that have an incredible appetite that basically allows them to consume everything from dragons to gods sounds so awesome that I've waited years for a game to become available on this website. I've always been more into the predator side of the vore rp, with the power over life and death coming in the form of slurping up giant sized monsters that wish they could eat the character I'm playing as.

That Drake is dinner, and I can't wait for Mia to gobble her up!
daeway
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 25, 2021 12:22 am

daeway wrote:A lot of folks seem to want more prey interactions; which is fine cuz prey interactions attract a bigger audience (most people like prey scenes). I'm just glad we are going to be able eat monsters like the Drake. Vore heroes like Mia that have an incredible appetite that basically allows them to consume everything from dragons to gods sounds so awesome that I've waited years for a game to become available on this website. I've always been more into the predator side of the vore rp, with the power over life and death coming in the form of slurping up giant sized monsters that wish they could eat the character I'm playing as.

That Drake is dinner, and I can't wait for Mia to gobble her up!

PREACH!

DraconicSyntax wrote:Here is the link for anyone interested in seeing it still!

HOH! Nice!
Turbotowns
???

Postby MelonBoobies » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:34 am

Out of curiosity, do you plan on adding alternate types of vore such as anal vore or unbirth when you drop onto an enemy ?
It would be an interesting design but still, the game is awesome already !!!
:D
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:Out of curiosity, do you plan on adding alternate types of vore such as anal vore or unbirth when you drop onto an enemy ?
It would be an interesting design but still, the game is awesome already !!!
:D

It's a distant plan but yes alternate vore forms are planned in the form of alternate animations for certain actions (like dropping on enemies)!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby NinjitsuScorp29 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:53 am

HOLY COW This is great!! The gameplay is fun and the sprite work is amazing. I look forward to future updates(especially the addition of different methods of vore Mia will perform). I anticipate what features will be added and remember to rest as despite me not knowing anything about coding or sprite work I know its tiring. So don't push yourself!
NinjitsuScorp29
Been posting for a bit

Postby Atines » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:10 pm

The game is fun and I love it but can ask out of curiosity would there be a level or game mode where the player is prey and the stun gun is a way to stop the preds for a limited time for the player to get away?
Atines
Been posting for a bit

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:56 pm

NinjitsuScorp29 wrote:HOLY COW This is great!! The gameplay is fun and the sprite work is amazing. I look forward to future updates(especially the addition of different methods of vore Mia will perform). I anticipate what features will be added and remember to rest as despite me not knowing anything about coding or sprite work I know its tiring. So don't push yourself!

Thank you!! Doing my best to try and pace myself but there's always so much I want to do since there's so much I want to add - good news is I don't think burnout will be any sort of issue, I just have to remember to eat and sleep mostly XD

Atines wrote:The game is fun and I love it but can ask out of curiosity would there be a level or game mode where the player is prey and the stun gun is a way to stop the preds for a limited time for the player to get away?

Especially once I'm able to get to developing more new enemies and levels, most enemies will be able to eat the player so there will be options for more prey oriented players!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:16 pm

So I'm curious, and I might've asked this before. Did you use any program to create your sprites or were they all done by hand?
Enteresting
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game