Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.4.1 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:19 pm

daeway wrote:Crouching is nice, but more often than not enemies will detect you anyway and it becomes more of a Zelda one-on-one than a stealth game. The game doesn't seem to have a lot in the ways of stealth going for it; it is basically like GirlsVoreBoys platform game but with one character and different levels.

Some ideas would be hiding spots for Mia to jump out of and snag an enemy. The belly would of course hinder her from being able to gobble up and sneak away without trouble. This could also be a boss fight mechanic where you use these hiding spot so traverse around an arena, get up behind the boss for a takedown and slink back to cover before they retaliate (maybe with a AOE knockback move). Look up the game Assassin's Creed: China for some ideas that might be able to help.

Another idea would be manually tiptoeing. You hold down a key and use it to slowly walk up on an enemy. Another would be a clear line of sight because some NPC's will look straight at me, blink and not move while others see me from under a platform (like the missiles). I'd also recommend a move that let's us safely leap up higher platforms so the enemy doesn't hear us land after a jump.

The game has a ways to go in terms of stealth - first plan is to just improve the sound system a good bit, as well as expanding the viewport which will allow a greater area of the level to be seen at once - more enemies and space can be seen, which means it's easier to design levels with ways to sneak around without level design that could be classified as "bullshit" (i.e. enemies that you can't see just off screen everywhere constantly detecting you). Different light levels (at least for some levels) I'd also like to add so long as I can figure out a good way to do them, sorta along the lines of FUbN's light levels.

Hiding spots could be a fun idea, especially as patrolling enemies become the majority of enemies in later levels. We'll see how animation intensive it is, as I'm already kinda at max load with animation work at the moment. Tiptoeing though I wouldn't count on, since 1) it'd be redundant given how crawling accomplishes the same thing and 2) again, more animation work that I don't think I can take. Perhaps maybe just for when carrying 3+ prey, since crawling will be impossible at this size.

As for line of sight, that'll also likely be adjusted to some extent when the viewport size increases - sentries have the longest LoS in the game currently, but after a certain point they won't see you. I can't make it infinite ofc, as that would cause all sorts of issues with enemies across the map detecting you, and LoS in general still needs work so that enemies can't see through walls (as it currently stands enemies could detect the player even with a wall in the way if they're close enough - I had to design levels so events like that wouldn't happen). Robots however are designed to detect based on proximity alone - no sound or LoS needed.

For ascending quietly to higher platforms, currently landing doesn't technically create any sound - however I do plan to add ledge grabbing in the future to pull yourself up over ledges, which should help!

Finally to give a lot more reason to use stealth, I'll be adding an alarm system at some point - the more enemies that have detected you, the more the alert level will go up, until alarms are set off and extra enemies are brought in from all sides to hunt the player down, as well as all onscreen enemies automatically setting to pursue the player.

bloodle8 wrote:The new additions are really cool, I love them so far! I did find a bit of a bug with Fullscreen mode, though - most of your HUD disappears when you go fullscreen. My HP and the indigestion bar are still there, but my ammo, stamina, and the volume meter all vanish.

This is a known bug since fullscreen wasn't meant to be used in its current state due to it breaking sprites for players without a 1440p monitor or better - this coming update will be fixing that hopefully!

GrayLotus wrote:It seems I've run into almost the same crash I did before, so it seems I just have all the luck with this.
Code: Select all
of  Step Event0
for object obj_stomach:

Variable <unknown_object>.hp(100108, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_stomach_Step_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_stomach_Step_0 (line -1)

I was experimenting with what would happen if I had a non-defeated enemy eaten during a map transition, then regurgitated them in the next map. I'd tried to minimise variables by avoiding most enemies and not eating any except 2 to carry. I found that I was getting the same crash and almost same error as last update so I thought I'd let you know.
The crash seems to be, at least in this case, tied to having an enemy from a different map being brought into a new map, and the game not knowing how to handle it.

Transition with 1 enemy, and save - crash
Transition with 2 enemies and save - crash
Transition with 2 enemies, digest and save - no crash

I hope that helps you figure out what's going on, and what a solution might be.

Did you by chance update to v0.4.1 yet? I tried reproducing the error myself, both using the save files and just on my own, and neither caused a crash.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby GrayLotus » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:25 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:Did you by chance update to v0.4.1 yet? I tried reproducing the error myself, both using the save files and just on my own, and neither caused a crash.

I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll redownload and make sure.

Having done that, I'm still getting the error from the save, and from recreating it. Maybe that I'm getting some weirdness from leftover data somewhere, or maybe my computer is just haunted again. There's good odds it's just my computer being weird, rather than an issue with the game itself at this point.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:15 pm

GrayLotus wrote:I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll redownload and make sure.

Having done that, I'm still getting the error from the save, and from recreating it. Maybe that I'm getting some weirdness from leftover data somewhere, or maybe my computer is just haunted again. There's good odds it's just my computer being weird, rather than an issue with the game itself at this point.

4.1 regenerates health from digested prey as opposed to the instant gain from 4.0 if that helps you confirm your version!

In case this is still happening on 4.1 though, could you give me a step-by-step for recreating it? Was it just swallowing an enemy then transitioning levels and saving the game, or was there more? And does the crash happen right after saving or a few seconds after like the last bug? Oh, and was the prey still struggling at the point of transition?
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby GrayLotus » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:34 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:4.1 regenerates health from digested prey as opposed to the instant gain from 4.0 if that helps you confirm your version!

In case this is still happening on 4.1 though, could you give me a step-by-step for recreating it? Was it just swallowing an enemy then transitioning levels and saving the game, or was there more? And does the crash happen right after saving or a few seconds after like the last bug? Oh, and was the prey still struggling at the point of transition?

I've done a recording of the crash and what leads up to it. I'll send a link the MEGA upload in a PM so you can look at it. The game is definitely on v0.4.1, and I demonstrate the healing-over-time in the video as proof.

I did the recording starting from the Crash1 save I put up earlier, and the only change was ejecting the 2 enemies already eaten to be in front of the transition door.
I've had the crash happen only occasionally with 1 enemy eaten, but it seems to always happen with 2 eaten.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:41 pm

GrayLotus wrote:I've done a recording of the crash and what leads up to it. I'll send a link the MEGA upload in a PM so you can look at it. The game is definitely on v0.4.1, and I demonstrate the healing-over-time in the video as proof.

I did the recording starting from the Crash1 save I put up earlier, and the only change was ejecting the 2 enemies already eaten to be in front of the transition door.
I've had the crash happen only occasionally with 1 enemy eaten, but it seems to always happen with 2 eaten.

WOW OK think I got it! This was such a strange bug for so many reasons -
I was on the verge of giving up since I couldn't recreate the bug for the life of me, and only got it to finally start happening when I used your crash1 save and loaded the game after closing and reopening the game to start. Once it started actually giving me the crash report, the code in question should have been physically impossible to execute due to their being an immediate if statement prior to check if the prey exists, and if not, it would skip the code causing the issue. Still no idea how it managed to execute anyway (and therefor causing the bug since it was calling the prey variable, which again at this point in loading DOESN'T EXIST), and the rest of the code for the event included preventatives already to set the prey variable to noone (which the engine would recognize as undefined and again, skip over it). Finally I worked it out to what I can only chalk up to the load code and stomach code executing at the exact same time, which should be physically impossible for ANY modern day computer that isn't capable of literal quantum computing, since all other computers can only technically evaluate one thing at a time (just seems like they're doing multiple things at once due to the lightning speeds of modern CPUs), not to mention it also just goes completely against the core logic of the engine itself as it's explicitly designed to only be running one line of code at a time to avoid impossible issues like this one.

Long story short, the only explanation I found for the cause of the bug goes against all logic of computing but I added a preventative for that exact scenario and the crash no longer happens!
Some black magic happening here, maybe next time I'll bring a crucifix to fix a bug like this.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:49 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarifications. hopefully such a tutorial and or icons will help make it more clear. it was more intuitive after using it a bit,though sometimes being able to activate more than once before getting down to the last prey is confusing. I'm not sure if it was because more prey was swallowed or a bug or something.

Another point of feedback is that rapidly tapping the same button for a something critical can be somewhat painful if my hands are having a bad day, would an easier/accessibility mode for struggle checks be possible? such as significantly reducing the prey struggle progress, or greatly increasing the progress clawed back with each press, or a simple hold the button down function. If the struggle contests get much harder than what is already in the game i could see it really wearing down on the old bones.

And another little suggestion would be the option to keep the struggle animations playing even for prey that has 0 hp, at least until autodigest is activated. It's nice to see the prey squirm about, but now you can no longer infinitely hold a struggling prey unless you're doing the contest, because now simply holding prey drops their hitpoints. The contest animation is a bit more of an exaggerated and goofy pose as well and for a... well... fetish game, not having to press a button constantly while looking at an animation is handy.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:38 pm

>fixed a bug that could cause the drake to softlock the player upon eating it without it actually becoming full

The drake eating US right? We can't eat the drake yet?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Whisper92 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:35 am

Hi, question. I personally always seem to have problems finishing the second level, as I usually go for the dash ability and get caught by the drake/ dashers in the final hall. Do you possibly have any plans to possibly change the health system at all and maybe make the medkits a collectable to use by the player at a whim like a recovery item in other games?
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby unit72 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Hi, question. I personally always seem to have problems finishing the second level, as I usually go for the dash ability and get caught by the drake/ dashers in the final hall. Do you possibly have any plans to possibly change the health system at all and maybe make the medkits a collectable to use by the player at a whim like a recovery item in other games?

Okay, the drake is blind and is fooled just by sitting there quietly, even if your hitboxes overlap! Also you can safely traverse the platforms above it. Also you can stun it with your gun if you shoot it enough. Also surprisingly you can simply outrun it with sprint, it does not catch you instantly!

Dashers are only problematic when they are aware of your presence. Stun them with two bullets and devour, or quickly jump from above and devour, or crawl behind them to get closer (you can even jump, as long as you hold the down arrow you are not making any noise). The last chamber with rockets is tricky, but you should wait for the enemy to walk all way to the left and turn right, you hold down arrow, you jump down without releasing that key, crawl forward, avoid rockets, you can sometimes jump using the technique i mentioned above. Your goal is to make the door open and the enemy walk through it, when the door closes it begins to block rockets so you can safely eat the dasher. Just don't walk too far escaping the level and leaving the tasty dasher not devoured)))
unit72
Been posting for a bit

Postby Whisper92 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:24 am

unit72 wrote:
Whisper92 wrote:Hi, question. I personally always seem to have problems finishing the second level, as I usually go for the dash ability and get caught by the drake/ dashers in the final hall. Do you possibly have any plans to possibly change the health system at all and maybe make the medkits a collectable to use by the player at a whim like a recovery item in other games?

Okay, the drake is blind and is fooled just by sitting there quietly, even if your hitboxes overlap! Also you can safely traverse the platforms above it. Also you can stun it with your gun if you shoot it enough. Also surprisingly you can simply outrun it with sprint, it does not catch you instantly!

Dashers are only problematic when they are aware of your presence. Stun them with two bullets and devour, or quickly jump from above and devour, or crawl behind them to get closer (you can even jump, as long as you hold the down arrow you are not making any noise). The last chamber with rockets is tricky, but you should wait for the enemy to walk all way to the left and turn right, you hold down arrow, you jump down without releasing that key, crawl forward, avoid rockets, you can sometimes jump using the technique i mentioned above. Your goal is to make the door open and the enemy walk through it, when the door closes it begins to block rockets so you can safely eat the dasher. Just don't walk too far escaping the level and leaving the tasty dasher not devoured)))

I see what you’re saying, but the greater point was to suggest making a medkit a consumable inventory item at some point.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:27 am

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Ah, thanks for the clarifications. hopefully such a tutorial and or icons will help make it more clear. it was more intuitive after using it a bit,though sometimes being able to activate more than once before getting down to the last prey is confusing. I'm not sure if it was because more prey was swallowed or a bug or something.

I'm currently working on adding a half size/post digestion belly to better illustrate that state, so it should be less confusing in the future! As also stated a couple posts ago, I might also just remove the auto digest period entirely to allow digestion to be completed with a single button press once all prey is at 0 health, with quick/manual digest just being used as a tool to incrementally digest prey to keep a certain number in your stomach without digesting all at once to better take advantage of the full buffs while still keeping room for further prey.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Another point of feedback is that rapidly tapping the same button for a something critical can be somewhat painful if my hands are having a bad day, would an easier/accessibility mode for struggle checks be possible? such as significantly reducing the prey struggle progress, or greatly increasing the progress clawed back with each press, or a simple hold the button down function. If the struggle contests get much harder than what is already in the game i could see it really wearing down on the old bones.

I'm not sure there's a lot I can do here without outright upsetting the balance of difficulty of struggle contests for everyone - I am considering a few different options though to make it so that it doesn't just have to be mashing - the first would be that you can hold the space bar and invest stamina into resisting, gaining a chunk of progress upon releasing the space bar based on how much stamina was invested so that succeeding in a contest may be done in a few long presses of the bar rather than many more rapid ones. Alternately I could allow holding the bar down to succeed in contests, but it would be at the cost of being slower than it could be done with rapid pushing (not terribly slower, but not an insignificant amount either).

GramzonTheDragon wrote:And another little suggestion would be the option to keep the struggle animations playing even for prey that has 0 hp, at least until autodigest is activated. It's nice to see the prey squirm about, but now you can no longer infinitely hold a struggling prey unless you're doing the contest, because now simply holding prey drops their hitpoints. The contest animation is a bit more of an exaggerated and goofy pose as well and for a... well... fetish game, not having to press a button constantly while looking at an animation is handy.

I'll see what I can do here, but again I'm not entirely sure if I can do much since telling when auto digest can be activated hinges largely on the animation change. I can say this will be less of an issue further into the game when enemies start having much higher health pools anyway, and I do plan on adding an unlockable gallery feature way in the future at some point. This may also be a moot point anyway though if I do end up removing the typical auto digest period.

Turbotowns wrote:>fixed a bug that could cause the drake to softlock the player upon eating it without it actually becoming full

The drake eating US right? We can't eat the drake yet?

Correct, the drake is not (yet) edible.

Whisper92 wrote:I see what you’re saying, but the greater point was to suggest making a medkit a consumable inventory item at some point.

Consumable items like proper medkits I will be adding at some point! I actually just created the second Patreon poll to determine the content of v0.6.0, and one of the options will be to include stores for such consumables (if there's time to add such after the main features of v0.6 have been developed).
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Manchura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:42 pm

I am curious if this will be a FUBN successor with metroid-inspired character designs, where the fetish content is leaned on heavily and polished a ton, or if this will actually be a vore-inspired metorid successor that has tons of locked off areas until certain vore abilities and actions are met, both of which I would find fascinating since a lot of the vore platformers are getting to be too old to run anymore
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whisper92 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:49 pm

I had an idea for the bones:

So, i was thinking, lets say that the bones are related to indigestion.

When you devour someone and are left with the bones, lets say that they could hypothetically begin to grow on the indigestion meter as a white bar. Using hypothetical numbers, when you devour a prey which would cause the most indegestion, it would be 34% at most. While you have bones in you, the bones will act as a starting flat buffer to whenever you have indigestion. So if you have one bone, you would jump to a max of 36%, being that the bones are a flat rate of 2% and the optimized prey is 34%. As you gain more bones the flat buffer will grow until you reach 25 bones which will be 50 percent which would cause a high chance of a burp without guaranteeing it.

Just a thought, hope it helps.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Whisper92 wrote:I had an idea for the bones:

So, i was thinking, lets say that the bones are related to indigestion.

When you devour someone and are left with the bones, lets say that they could hypothetically begin to grow on the indigestion meter as a white bar. Using hypothetical numbers, when you devour a prey which would cause the most indegestion, it would be 34% at most. While you have bones in you, the bones will act as a starting flat buffer to whenever you have indigestion. So if you have one bone, you would jump to a max of 36%, being that the bones are a flat rate of 2% and the optimized prey is 34%. As you gain more bones the flat buffer will grow until you reach 25 bones which will be 50 percent which would cause a high chance of a burp without guaranteeing it.

Just a thought, hope it helps.

This is actually a super neat idea I think, I may see about adding it!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 pm

What exactly is the best way to deal with the rocket-launching robots? You can eat the missiles, but they've fired off another round by the time the swallow animation is done.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:54 pm

Shugoki wrote:What exactly is the best way to deal with the rocket-launching robots? You can eat the missiles, but they've fired off another round by the time the swallow animation is done.

As of right now either getting the drop on them or just shooting fast enough to get though the missiles - I'll be making them a little more manageable soon (reducing missiles/fire rate) and may be speeding up the animation for swallowing projectiles.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:02 pm

When they’re about to hit, crouch to dodge them and shoot.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:28 pm

Just wanted to say that you're doing a great job with this, Draconic. Your sprite animations are fantastic, and I can't wait to see where you take this.

As far as sound resources go, have you taken a look at this yet?:
Spoiler: show
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/37559286/
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:45 pm

CacameAwemedinade wrote:Just wanted to say that you're doing a great job with this, Draconic. Your sprite animations are fantastic, and I can't wait to see where you take this.

As far as sound resources go, have you taken a look at this yet?:
Spoiler: show
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/37559286/

Thanks so much!! I'm excited to see where this can go.

And no I hadn't seen that resource yet (though I think I'm familiar with the creator) - their stuff is pretty great though, thanks!!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Apruum » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:26 pm

So i installed this game on my phone, but it dont support arrow buttons. How do i reassign them to WASD?
Apruum
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game