Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 pm

Awww, I am disappoint.

Anyway, I had a few more ideas and suggestions that I wanted to share after trying the new build, but i suppose i should just say it now before i forget. Now, remember, these are just suggestions, you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to and you are free to use them as you please.

Snakes: you mentions before you were going to use the viper snake ladies from XCOM 2 as an enemy, (can’t recall the name) . I know they aren’t in the game and probably arent even on paper yet, but if you need an hand in making them feel different from other enemies (I imagine they are similar to the dasher) I would suggest that a special attribute is that they cannot be sneak vored, like you could do to, say, a dasher. Meaning they must be stunned or use a super ability to devour them. It could make mixing them into an encounter more difficult, and if stealth is recommended for an engagement, it could make a meta game of picking off fodder and vulnerable enemies before tackling the snek.

Super food: earlier i mentioned using super food from a vending machine to restore health. Well, i think it could be useful to also use superfood to regain larger amounts of super energy than by eating enemies. It could be that the super food has super energy in it or some shit like that.

Super tongue:

I had an idea kind of like the super suck one. In the same vein, maybe instead of a suck, an ability like Yoshi’s tongue could work as an option as well. It has a long range, can lasso enemies in to be swallowed, but also, it can grab multiple if you have the space for them as well as knock away/ damage any enemies that you cannot. It could help to get some breathing room in a pinch. So, imagine you have a capacity of two, and with three guards after you. So you can use the tongue to eat two and knock the third away and then escape.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby EddyS » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:13 am

This is a weird question & completely out of the blue, but would you be against making a Discord server for this game? It's gotten pretty big as it is and I think a Discord server would do this game's community some good.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:45 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Super tongue:

I had an idea kind of like the super suck one. In the same vein, maybe instead of a suck, an ability like Yoshi’s tongue could work as an option as well. It has a long range, can lasso enemies in to be swallowed, but also, it can grab multiple if you have the space for them as well as knock away/ damage any enemies that you cannot. It could help to get some breathing room in a pinch. So, imagine you have a capacity of two, and with three guards after you. So you can use the tongue to eat two and knock the third away and then escape.

The tongue idea may push things a bit, as well as being a bit redundant when I'm already planning the burp AOE and possibly some form of the super suck as well. The idea that certain enemies can't be stealth eaten is interesting though, I'll see about testing it out a bit. By contrast, I'm also thinking of having an alternate/faster swallow animation for if you manage to eat an enemy without breaking stealth.

EngilbertSig3 wrote:This is a weird question & completely out of the blue, but would you be against making a Discord server for this game? It's gotten pretty big as it is and I think a Discord server would do this game's community some good.

Actually I've been planning it for a while - have yet to get around to setting it up, but figure I can once I finish the coming update.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:23 pm

A different animation would be cool. (Do you think it would be from the crouch position?) and i think its odd how the normal goons run straight for you like a couple of morons, but I suppose its just a sacrifice to be made to build the hierarchy of enemies. I just liked that the dasher was a bit of a challenge because you can’t just sit there holding control to deal with them in combat, so i thought that the snakes could behave the same as well as have the stealth immunity.

I’m confident that you would not just abandon the thread, but i feel like it needs to be said that I don’t use Discord. I know I’m just one guy, but there may be more people who may not follow you there if you decide to move the project elsewhere.

I was just wondering, do you have any future plans to implement an enemy type that can follow you or that lives in the vents?

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the next update.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 pm

Whisper92 wrote:I’m confident that you would not just abandon the thread, but i feel like it needs to be said that I don’t use Discord. I know I’m just one guy, but there may be more people who may not follow you there if you decide to move the project elsewhere.

I was just wondering, do you have any future plans to implement an enemy type that can follow you or that lives in the vents?

Oh opening a discord server won't mean that I'm moving the project, just adding another way for people to chat about the game and be involved. This page will remain the main host for the game, update announcements, and etc.

Most enemies I'm just jotting down notes for concepts currently, as right now I'm focusing on developing the game's mechanics.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:06 am

I GOT BLISTAS ON ME FINGES
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.89 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:15 am

Does this mean the update will be out soon?

I mean, I just got done sharpening my pitchfork...
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:23 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Does this mean the update will be out soon?

I mean, I just got done sharpening my pitchfork...

The heavy lifting is done so yep, not too much longer. The new title screen is already more than halfway done since I stated it long ago, and besides that I'll just need to import all the new sprites and adjust the timing of the vore sounds to match, then I'll pretty much be done. This weekend for me is super busy though and next probably will be too, so my time to work is mostly only going to be through the week between classes, but otherwise if all goes smoothly I'd say it'll be out by next weekend, else for sure by the following.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby daeway » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:10 pm

In this update, are we going to play as the place holder character (Samus) or the new one (it was Mia, right)?
daeway
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:43 am

daeway wrote:In this update, are we going to play as the place holder character (Samus) or the new one (it was Mia, right)?
[ https://aryion.com/forum/download/file.php?id=288235 ]

Mia, the new character (as pictured)! She's much more animated too.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Acen » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:28 am

Love this game so far, can't wait to see the next update. Quick question, will there be any more plans to add player prey, and if so what would you be thinking for it?
Acen
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:25 am

Update 0.3.0 is out!! Along with it there's now a discord server, check the main post for a link.

Acen wrote:Love this game so far, can't wait to see the next update. Quick question, will there be any more plans to add player prey, and if so what would you be thinking for it?

Check the FAQ! But yes, there are more plans for player prey, with a multitude of enemy types. Can't say how soon they will be added, however.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:Update 0.3.0 is out!! Along with it there's now a discord server, check the main post for a link.

Acen wrote:Love this game so far, can't wait to see the next update. Quick question, will there be any more plans to add player prey, and if so what would you be thinking for it?

Check the FAQ! But yes, there are more plans for player prey, with a multitude of enemy types. Can't say how soon they will be added, however.

Can’t wait to try it out. Looking forward to it.

Also, this was something I was meaning to ask last time I played the game: what key is it in particular that is used for struggles with the red drake monster? Is it shoot, jump, mashing the movement keys, or a mix of all?
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. - 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.3.0

Postby Justaslime » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:22 am

Missile robot is too powerful...
rocket can stay in air nearly forever untill it hit player, It have a big ablity to avoid change direction to avoid crash on the wall.and it fire it's rocket to fast,player can't beat it before it fire,Once the rocket is launched, it can resist the player's bullets (even limited, precious bullets)then player spend a lot of hp and bullets to destory it, and if player run out of bullets,will dont have any way to beat any enemy...
Justaslime
New to the forum

Postby Egads » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:28 am

This update was one of the best things I've seen. Really looking forward to what's coming next! :D
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 am

The sprite rework is outstanding! Such smooth animations ^^
I'm not the greatest sprite animator ever, but i'm considering helping out with some sprite work, mostly out of respect for the commitment you put into reworking what appears roughly a hundred+ of frames of animation.
carlj
Participator

Postby ShadowRayquaza » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:19 pm

This. Is. AMAZING. I've been waiting for this update ever since you announced it, and oh boy was it worth the wait! The new animations have so much more charm and personality than the old ones (and more frames, too)!

Also, it's not exactly game-breaking, but I did notice something odd with one of the animations; specifically the two-prey indigestion animation where Mia belches, then covers her mouth: with all three of the other indigestion animations, it plays a sound effect of stomach growling when Mia's stomach ripples, but with this specific animation, no such sound plays. On a related note, it might just be my luck, but the aforementioned animation seems to trigger less often than the other two-prey indigestion animation (where her stomach ripples, then she simply clutches it).

Nevertheless, that's the only oddity I've managed to spot. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see where you'll take this game next! :-D
[HELLO, MY NAME IS: NEWBIE]
ShadowRayquaza
New to the forum

Postby vorelectric » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:11 pm

Well this is a lot more fleshed out than before and that's certainly a welcome thing!

A few things though,

The control scheme is a bit weird. It feels strange trying to position my fingers on the correct keys. Also my "Filter Keys" keeps activating when I'm trying to manually digest. Could you re-bind that key to something else? Or just give us the ability to rebind the controls ourselves?

Also, this game should probably have a proper tutorial level before the game properly starts. I was 100% lost when I first started and had no idea what to do until I exited out to look for the controls and then lost all of my progress. The tutorial should also explain the game's UI cause that was also confusing. I had no idea what the bar on the right of the screen was for for a while too. I initially thought it stood for "Stomach capacity", or how long it would take to digest someone in your belly, but I think it's actually a sound bar! Or an "Awareness meter"? Honestly I still have no idea.

Other than that, it's still a solid game so far. Thinking on making this into a proper metroidvania?
vorelectric
Participator

Postby thespyfurry69 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:27 pm

this game is good
thespyfurry69
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:05 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Also, this was something I was meaning to ask last time I played the game: what key is it in particular that is used for struggles with the red drake monster? Is it shoot, jump, mashing the movement keys, or a mix of all?

Any of the movement keys will do, though holding down too many at once will cause a soft lock - a bug I'm unfortunately not sure how to fix atm. Only one struggle input can be taken at a time anyway, so mashing multiple keys doesn't do much good!

Justaslime wrote:Missile robot is too powerful...
rocket can stay in air nearly forever untill it hit player, It have a big ablity to avoid change direction to avoid crash on the wall.and it fire it's rocket to fast,player can't beat it before it fire,Once the rocket is launched, it can resist the player's bullets (even limited, precious bullets)then player spend a lot of hp and bullets to destory it, and if player run out of bullets,will dont have any way to beat any enemy...

The missile bot is a bit powerful yes, I have plans to probably tone it down later on. However, don't forget that you can swallow the incoming missiles - makes them much easier to deal with AND replenishes ammo, that way you're never without a way to destroy them.

Egads wrote:This update was one of the best things I've seen. Really looking forward to what's coming next! :D

carlj wrote:The sprite rework is outstanding! Such smooth animations ^^
I'm not the greatest sprite animator ever, but i'm considering helping out with some sprite work, mostly out of respect for the commitment you put into reworking what appears roughly a hundred+ of frames of animation.

Thank you both!! About 650 (unique) frames actually - never be an animator folks, there are easier ways to sell your soul.

ShadowRayquaza wrote:This. Is. AMAZING. I've been waiting for this update ever since you announced it, and oh boy was it worth the wait! The new animations have so much more charm and personality than the old ones (and more frames, too)!

Also, it's not exactly game-breaking, but I did notice something odd with one of the animations; specifically the two-prey indigestion animation where Mia belches, then covers her mouth: with all three of the other indigestion animations, it plays a sound effect of stomach growling when Mia's stomach ripples, but with this specific animation, no such sound plays. On a related note, it might just be my luck, but the aforementioned animation seems to trigger less often than the other two-prey indigestion animation (where her stomach ripples, then she simply clutches it).

Nevertheless, that's the only oddity I've managed to spot. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see where you'll take this game next! :-D

Thank you! Had a few animation classes in between these and the old ones I made, really helped brush up on my principles.

Yep though, that's a bug caused by nothing but my own stupidity :silly: Fixed now though, new version is live!

vorelectric wrote:Well this is a lot more fleshed out than before and that's certainly a welcome thing!

A few things though,

The control scheme is a bit weird. It feels strange trying to position my fingers on the correct keys. Also my "Filter Keys" keeps activating when I'm trying to manually digest. Could you re-bind that key to something else? Or just give us the ability to rebind the controls ourselves?

Also, this game should probably have a proper tutorial level before the game properly starts. I was 100% lost when I first started and had no idea what to do until I exited out to look for the controls and then lost all of my progress. The tutorial should also explain the game's UI cause that was also confusing. I had no idea what the bar on the right of the screen was for for a while too. I initially thought it stood for "Stomach capacity", or how long it would take to digest someone in your belly, but I think it's actually a sound bar! Or an "Awareness meter"? Honestly I still have no idea.

Other than that, it's still a solid game so far. Thinking on making this into a proper metroidvania?

Yep, I've gotten a few comments about the weirdness of the control scheme, apparently I'm still stuck in the ways of the 2006 Adobe Flash gamer. I don't have a good way to allow for user rebinding right now, but rather soon I do plan to rework the controls anyway so they're a little more normal and not using command keys! In the meantime though, there are ways to disable Filter keys shortcuts and the like, which I recommend doing anyway since I don't imagine pretty much anyone uses those. I realized I forgot to include the readme in the 0.3.0 download (it's in the 0.3.1 now), but don't forget the controls are accessible from the main menu too ;p

As far as levels and tutorials, there will be a much more functional tutorial area later in development - I'm taking a step away from level design for now in favor of developing the mechanics better, and also since the levels will probably change dramatically by the time a more full release comes around. I'm already planning on expanding the default viewport, which will reveal much more of the surrounding area than before and will already call for massive changes in the level design as a result.

Oh, and that bar on the right is a sound meter! I'll be updating it soon so that it's more obvious and helpful, it's fairly rudimentary at the moment (As is most of the UI).

A proper metroidvania is the end goal! We'll see how long it takes to get there.
Last edited by DraconicSyntax on Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game