Proj: GL - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.3.6.1 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platforme

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:06 pm

Enteresting wrote:So I'm curious, and I might've asked this before. Did you use any program to create your sprites or were they all done by hand?

I used a program called Aseprite which is definitely geared towards pixel art animation with it's tools and setup, but they're also still all done by hand and drawing tablet - you can't use any amount of interpolation whatsoever when it comes to pixel animations since it will absolutely destroy how they look. To get an idea of how that looks, see what happens when you take a bit of pixel art and try using a rotate tool on it - there's no good way for a program to know how the pixels should be placed to maintain their shape and form, since getting shape and form conveyed with pixels is a very precise process.
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:16 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
Enteresting wrote:So I'm curious, and I might've asked this before. Did you use any program to create your sprites or were they all done by hand?

I used a program called Aseprite which is definitely geared towards pixel art animation with it's tools and setup, but they're also still all done by hand and drawing tablet - you can't use any amount of interpolation whatsoever when it comes to pixel animations since it will absolutely destroy how they look. To get an idea of how that looks, see what happens when you take a bit of pixel art and try using a rotate tool on it - there's no good way for a program to know how the pixels should be placed to maintain their shape and form, since getting shape and form conveyed with pixels is a very precise process.

I had a feeling it was Aseprite. I've started using it myself and I wish I'd have known about it sooner, it's so good.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby thevideogamer99 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:35 pm

will there be a Mac version?
thevideogamer99
New to the forum

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Enteresting wrote:I had a feeling it was Aseprite. I've started using it myself and I wish I'd have known about it sooner, it's so good.

A quality program honestly, my favorite by far for animation.

thevideogamer99 wrote:will there be a Mac version?

Possibly down the line, but unfortunately it would be WAY down the line - Apple requires jumping through some ridiculous hoops, paying exorbitant fees, and owning a Mac computer before I can even submit an application to publish to their platform - and then if they approve my application I'd be able to have my IDE build for Mac. Though, if anyone knows any workarounds for this I'd welcome any resources.
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:00 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
Enteresting wrote:I had a feeling it was Aseprite. I've started using it myself and I wish I'd have known about it sooner, it's so good.

A quality program honestly, my favorite by far for animation.

Without a doubt it's one of the best, if not the best for such a thing.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby unknownknowndude » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:21 am

Playing the demo I discovered some glitches.
Getting hit by an enemy and regurgitating another enemy followed by attempting to reswallow that enemy while getting hit a second time results in a softlock.
Getting hit by an attack after swallowing and digesting the red/white enemies causes them to be regurgitated, despite being digested prior.
Using full screen mode turns the UI invisible or places it in an off screen position.
unknownknowndude
New to the forum

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:13 am

unknownknowndude wrote:Getting hit by an enemy and regurgitating another enemy followed by attempting to reswallow that enemy while getting hit a second time results in a softlock.

Already reported and fixed for the next update!

unknownknowndude wrote:Getting hit by an attack after swallowing and digesting the red/white enemies causes them to be regurgitated, despite being digested prior.

The full rework of the vore system has also nullified this bug.

unknownknowndude wrote:Using full screen mode turns the UI invisible or places it in an off screen position.

This is also known, fullscreen was never intended for use in it's current state due to the sprite tearing it causes if you don't have at least a 1440p monitor. After the current update is released, the very next one will be focused on changing multiple things with the UI to fix issues like this.

Taking this opportunity to talk about the next update, it should be ready fairly soon! I made the mistake a couple posts back of estimating a release date time frame when I still had animations to do - those animations have since ended up being the longest in the game aside from the quick digest animations, which at least had a majority of the layers on loop, and took ~105 hours in total to create. As of yesterday however they have been completed, so now I have one last system to code that utilizes those animations (struggle contests), sfx, and bug testing to do and it will then be ready for release!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby VirtuosoViking » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:09 pm

Do you have any special treatments you'd love to give the game/see it have sometime down the road? Like any artwork, cutscenes, stuff like that?
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:34 pm

VirtuosoViking wrote:Do you have any special treatments you'd love to give the game/see it have sometime down the road? Like any artwork, cutscenes, stuff like that?

Cutscenes of some sort are definitely a long term plan! Various artwork at some point too if I'm able
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby TheOtaku777 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:32 pm

Still working on animations forcthe coming update or is it just bug testing left?
TheOtaku777
New to the forum

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:56 pm

TheOtaku777 wrote:Still working on animations forcthe coming update or is it just bug testing left?

Just bug testing! Ive finished all the personal bug testing I can and just put up the beta build yesterday to patrons, assuming I don't get a flood of bug reports (nothing so far, fingers crossed!) Then I'll have the public version released within the next day or two!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:19 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:
TheOtaku777 wrote:Still working on animations forcthe coming update or is it just bug testing left?

Just bug testing! Ive finished all the personal bug testing I can and just put up the beta build yesterday to patrons, assuming I don't get a flood of bug reports (nothing so far, fingers crossed!) Then I'll have the public version released within the next day or two!

POG! SO hyped!
Turbotowns
???

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.4.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:47 am

New public version is now live!!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Egads » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:50 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:New public version is now live!!

And I approve of it! Definitely the biggest update so far.
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NiceGuy18 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:33 pm

Holy moly that is a lot of update!
NiceGuy18
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:37 pm

HOLY MOLY! Never seen a game with so much updates since Terraria.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:24 pm

Gave it a test run and its great though there is one thing. I don't know if this was intended or not but when you eat an enemy thats at full health (even though you don't really know how much health they actually have) you can just rapidly hit the auto-digest button to drain their health(s) without them putting up much of a struggle. Also the enemies you eat don't attempt struggle contests all that much even when at full health sometimes, koed enemies I can understand but those that I just stun will sometimes not attempt to struggle. Neither of these things aren't really game-breaking per say but might want to look into it nonetheless.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:54 pm

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

---

That struggle'n's good shit! Can't wait for more prey room, and for more enemy preds!
Turbotowns
???

Postby CartoonVore » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:36 pm

Had a weird bug. I was mashing keys when the dragon ate me, and its stomach didn't even bulge. I never had the chance to fight out.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:24 am

The animation for figghting is nice so far, but just starting off a fresh game i can definitely say the digestion system is now much more confusing, and you don't get much info. Autodigest before simply automatically gurgled away all stomach contents, but now there are (or seem to be) multiple activations of the system to actually delete the prey from the gut. In addition, now it seems to only digest down to a single prey stomach, then has to be manually activated to clear the gut and fully make room, making the whole system a bit perplexing.

Manual digest seems to work as one would expect, just steadily working down the prey items until they're gone in short order.

Maybe make more use of the stomach ui icon to indicate the status if you plan on having multiple autodigest activations? like have a synbol pop up to shiow when the next stage is ready, or show a silhouette for each contained prey, and cover the lowermost one with the acid in the sprite to show its ready to absorb one prey.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game