Unbridled Hedonism V9F

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V7G

Postby Aurilika » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Turbotowns wrote:*whistles* SO many updates! You're spoiling us Auri! XD

:-D
Although there wouldn't be as many if there weren't as many bugs. >.>

maraudingmarauder wrote:
Aurilika wrote:It does technically inflate the odds a little bit because they are more likely to eat someone they don't like, but that may get a specific response at some point, too.

It could be a fun trait to have preds with the opposite response - they don't want to eat people they don't like but friends are absolutely food (with pred loyalty determining whether they're more likely to ask than just take in that case? Or endo versus digestion?)

Yeah, that could be interesting.

gigaredpanther wrote:Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but one thing that crossed my mind was the potential to ask preds to eat someone specific. Granted, it's an idea easier said than done. Logically there would be all kinds of things being checked, like pred loyalty, multiple relationship values, etc.

But I'm just envisioning scenarios where, say, X is being spooked by the predatory Y, and would stand no chance in a direct confrontation. But, X knows Z, who is a thoroughly capable predator they're on good terms with. They ask Z to eat Y, and depending on a number of variable factors, the situation can go several different ways.

Like what if Y and Z are friends? A highly loyal Z may just go "How dare you, I should just eat you right now!" while a low loyalty Z may more likely go "You know what, I've been craving Y for a while now, sure!"

Not to say that these would be absolute results. A loyal Z could still side with X over Y, and a disloyal Z could just as well go "Why go through the trouble when I have a tasty meal right here?"

But there's yet more possibilities. Y could take issue with X if they overhear the conversation. Z could be in over their head and get eaten by Y, filling X with panic/guilt.

An arduous task to be sure. But maybe something to consider for much later builds.

Yeah, that kind of thing would be fun. A task for later builds though as you say. It's also more likely that it would appear first as some sort of debug thing, too, where you could just give a person specific orders.

Redicicle wrote:Is there a way to make it so flexible stats decay even with no accessible tile for them? I wanted to make a game where vore was the only food source and everyone was super aggressive but also rescuing was commonplace, but nobody ever loses weight unless I add in a cafeteria. Enclosing said cafeteria in dorm rooms sort of half works, but if someone lives in those dorm rooms it no longer works. Surrounding it in walls also doesn't work.

Also is there currently a way to make unclamped values for things like height or weight gain rate, in case we want preds to grow into minigiant(esse)s?

Additionally, it would be real cool if you added a way to lock entry to an area without putting a bed in frot of the front door. Perhaps give people keys? Maybe if you eat some you take their keys so you can now sneak into their room/doors.

I made a map with a neighborhood that had 3 Cul de sacs with room for 48 characters in houses with 2-4 characters each, but everyone would just enter other people's houses for silly reasons. Like going to use their books or taking a shower

There isn't right now, but that's also weird because the cafeteria doesn't control that.
Weight loss should happen when hunger is above .9, and the character is above a healthy weight (that system could use some improvement on the minimum weight, but was designed so that you wouldn't have people running around weighing 10 pounds because there's no starvation death mechanic.)

Yeah, I could expand the range, though I'd probably want it to have some actual gameplay impact first.

More control over how rooms work will probably come in the next major version.

Redicicle wrote:Also if I'm dating someone maybe the option to do something other than put them in a different part of my body if I eat a neutral party would be nice. Having your lover constantly attempting to free your prey is annoying. I'm not saying they should be indifferent but maybe a "try to convince them that it's ok for me to digest my prey" option. Actually maybe that should be the case for everyone just work better on friends and lovers.

Oh, and also I'd like to report a bug and some odd behavior. If I'm in the middle of doing something with someone else, and my prey asks to be let out, it interrupts that thing. Also if someone attempts to eat me while I'm eating someone else, it interrupts my attempt if I say no.

Yeah, that part could use a bit of better fleshing out. Will get those bugs corrected.

Redicicle wrote:Hmm. Interestingly, interaction text conditionals with side effects don't cause any warnings but also don't seem to modify the actor at all. I tried to make eating in the cafeteria cause someone to grow a dick, have a chance of instantly gaining 1.0f of hunger, and some other stuff. Must be that a temporary parameter variable is created instead of pointer passing or something. Or perhaps somehow interaction text expressions are guaranteed to be side effect free? That seems unlikely. I'll try some more messing around with interaction text side effects on globals. I.E. an interaction text messing with things like vore knowledge or whether disposal is enabled. I also might try seeing if I can make an interaction text jump around in memory using pointers or arrays or whatnot and probably break something but maybe gain access to other variables. Most importantly character information.

I was hoping it was implemented through pointer passing or something so I could make an interaction text with side effects that modifies the actor or target as a conditional in some way.

Would be really cool to be able to just have certain interaction texts that would do wierd stuff like automatically turn someone gay.

Side effects are something I didn't consider, and it's probably good that it prevents that, to stop unintentional weird things from happening. I would have figured it would have spit warnings at you at the very least, though.

I suppose it's possible that feature could be implemented, though having specific interaction texts do things might get kind of unwieldy.

Released an updated minor version, usually I avoid doing this too far after the last one, but I wanted to just go ahead and fix a few issues.

7H:
Adding a saved character in the start game menu now resets their vore interests if they were all uninitialized. You still can't edit those values in the main menu without generating a character, but I'll probably end up reworking that screen a bit for the next major patch.
The main menu now has a 'return to active game' button in case you inadventantly click the return to main menu button.
Having the gutslut quirk no longer overrides the players choice about whether they're willing or not.
Caught the game back up with the latest interaction spreadsheet (fixed some typos and bad conditionals, and adds a bit more variety)
Increased the odds of the stomach growl action happening. (It should still be fairly rare, but occurs about twice as often as it did before.)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V7H

Postby PhantomOfMars » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:55 pm

By the way, you make both of my favorite games, and this one is the best of the two.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V7G

Postby MasterInventor » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Aurilika wrote:bugs

So, funny story, I found a couple. These aren't so much glitches as... broken logic, I guess?

1. Person A vores Person B with the intent to digest, into an area that Person C is already in. A doesn't necessarily intend to digest C, and has been in endo mode until now, but because B is going in there A turns digestion on and is now digesting C. A does this without asking C, ignoring the willingness mechanic, DoesNotForce, and being friends or even romantic partners with high Pred Loyalty.

mfw you're enjoying quality time with your gf, but she has the munchies and isn't coded to remember that you're in there

2. Person D vores Person E and F. E and F are both willing to be digested and so D starts doing so. E then eats F with the intent to digest, and F agrees to this too. E is then digested around F, so that F is back in D, being digested - but F is no longer willing to be digested by D. Even though she was willing before when D vored her, and again when E did. Even though you've set the Fully Willing Threshold in the game options to 0, so everyone should always be fully willing.

Are you not just tracking "willing to be digested" as a straight bool that doesn't change in between giving permission (or being forced into vore but being willing anyway) and being fully out of any stomach/womb?

>.>
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby MadEnough » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:24 am

One that has been around a while I think: Two-word first names aren't working quite right. In-game, the character can always be selected while alone in a tile. However, sometimes when in a tile with multiple characters, their name appears but cannot be clicked to select them, but it it inconsistent. However, it always happens if they have vored someone. If a two-word first name (I.El Android 21 or Android Twentyone) has vored someone they can't be directly selected. The only way to select them is to select their prey and use the AI act button until the prey menu shows that character and presents the swap option.

Still happy as always with the project though.

Trait idea: Supportive partner. Never gets angry at who they are dating for vore (self or others). May not be willing, or might still try to free, but doesn't lose relationship
MadEnough
Been posting for a bit

Postby benrowe91 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:22 am

With changing the trait weights off of 10. Does this effect much? And does the trait happen more often with higher or lower values?
benrowe91
New to the forum

Postby ehur » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:45 am

In scripts/people/needs.cs, line 86;
Code: Select all
86        if (horninessChange > 0 && Horniness > .85f)
87            Horniness += horninessChange;

I think you have the wrong comparison here for Horniness > .85f. From what I can tell, this is causing the Horniness variable to never rise unless the person is already above the threshold.
ehur
Somewhat familiar

Postby NSW » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:05 pm

benrowe91 wrote:With changing the trait weights off of 10. Does this effect much? And does the trait happen more often with higher or lower values?

The number should be how many times its on the list to be picked. So higher values means its more likely to be chosen because it will have a higher amount of representation on the weighted list.

You can think of it like this. If you had colors of 5 red, 1 green and 2 blue, then the weighted list would look like this: red, red, red, red, red, green, blue, blue. Red would have a higher chance of being picked. If you set a trait to 0, you would effectively remove it from the list and from being chosen.
NSW
Been posting for a bit

Postby DerekBaumsKitchenGun » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:34 am

One thing that's a little annoying is that when my character (the first one on the roster) gets digested, the "Modify Game" menu puts their name at the bottom of the list. Maybe a way this could be fixed is to make it so that the active character is auto-selected on the game modification screen?
DerekBaumsKitchenGun
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 am

PhantomOfMars wrote:By the way, you make both of my favorite games, and this one is the best of the two.

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

MasterInventor wrote:
Aurilika wrote:bugs

So, funny story, I found a couple. These aren't so much glitches as... broken logic, I guess?

1. Person A vores Person B with the intent to digest, into an area that Person C is already in. A doesn't necessarily intend to digest C, and has been in endo mode until now, but because B is going in there A turns digestion on and is now digesting C. A does this without asking C, ignoring the willingness mechanic, DoesNotForce, and being friends or even romantic partners with high Pred Loyalty.

mfw you're enjoying quality time with your gf, but she has the munchies and isn't coded to remember that you're in there

2. Person D vores Person E and F. E and F are both willing to be digested and so D starts doing so. E then eats F with the intent to digest, and F agrees to this too. E is then digested around F, so that F is back in D, being digested - but F is no longer willing to be digested by D. Even though she was willing before when D vored her, and again when E did. Even though you've set the Fully Willing Threshold in the game options to 0, so everyone should always be fully willing.

Are you not just tracking "willing to be digested" as a straight bool that doesn't change in between giving permission (or being forced into vore but being willing anyway) and being fully out of any stomach/womb?

>.>

1 is a bug and I will fix it, they are supposed to not flip digestion if there's already someone in there, but there seems to be a bug where that still happens in certain situations.

Well, it's actually stored a bool in the current 'pred-prey instance', so it's sort of lost after the situation changes. It's supposed to try and keep their current state in some cases, so I'll have to check into it and see where it's going wrong.

MadEnough wrote:One that has been around a while I think: Two-word first names aren't working quite right. In-game, the character can always be selected while alone in a tile. However, sometimes when in a tile with multiple characters, their name appears but cannot be clicked to select them, but it it inconsistent. However, it always happens if they have vored someone. If a two-word first name (I.El Android 21 or Android Twentyone) has vored someone they can't be directly selected. The only way to select them is to select their prey and use the AI act button until the prey menu shows that character and presents the swap option.

Still happy as always with the project though.

Trait idea: Supportive partner. Never gets angry at who they are dating for vore (self or others). May not be willing, or might still try to free, but doesn't lose relationship

Ah, I'll see if I can get that fixed, the behavior is slightly wonky because it uses words to generate those links, but I can probably improve the handling in that case.

That's a good idea for a trait.

ehur wrote:In scripts/people/needs.cs, line 86;
Code: Select all
86        if (horninessChange > 0 && Horniness > .85f)
87            Horniness += horninessChange;

I think you have the wrong comparison here for Horniness > .85f. From what I can tell, this is causing the Horniness variable to never rise unless the person is already above the threshold.

Ah you're right, I messed up when setting that up, it should be < and not >. I've got that fixed for the next version.

NSW wrote:
benrowe91 wrote:With changing the trait weights off of 10. Does this effect much? And does the trait happen more often with higher or lower values?

The number should be how many times its on the list to be picked. So higher values means its more likely to be chosen because it will have a higher amount of representation on the weighted list.

You can think of it like this. If you had colors of 5 red, 1 green and 2 blue, then the weighted list would look like this: red, red, red, red, red, green, blue, blue. Red would have a higher chance of being picked. If you set a trait to 0, you would effectively remove it from the list and from being chosen.

Yeah, that's basically how it works. Traits that have already been picked or conflict with an existing trait have their weights temporarily set to 0. So if there's a trait you always want to be there, you can set the weight really high, but otherwise it just allows you to control how common traits are relative to each other.

DerekBaumsKitchenGun wrote:One thing that's a little annoying is that when my character (the first one on the roster) gets digested, the "Modify Game" menu puts their name at the bottom of the list. Maybe a way this could be fixed is to make it so that the active character is auto-selected on the game modification screen?

Ah, that's part of the logic for allowing the character to be reformed, I'll improve that so that it keeps the same slot, though having it also automatically highlight the current character is also a good change.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LegitUsername » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm

This might just be my favorite vore game out there! Very customizable, and very fun!
Be gay, do vore
LegitUsername
Been posting for a bit

Postby Windrin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:57 pm

This game is fantastic, thanks for all the work you've done on it!

I also really appreciate the linux builds ^_^
Windrin
New to the forum

Postby Redicicle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:23 am

It would be nice to be able to see how old the world or a character is in turns ingame.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Redicicle wrote:It would be nice to be able to see how old the world or a character is in turns ingame.

Unless if you mean how many turns the individual character have been alive (And the counter resets if they've been digested + respawn in Nurse bay, or the turn counter stops and recorded it in the Digestion log).

Seeing how old the world can be seen in the Save/load screen.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:06 am

Redicicle wrote:It would be nice to be able to see how old the world or a character is in turns ingame.

Wasn't there a turn count in one of the screen corners? Or was that vore war only?
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:40 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Wasn't there a turn count in one of the screen corners? Or was that vore war only?

You were referring to Vore War, yes.
Though, you can't see the turn counter in UH during normal gameplay, you can only see the current turn counter when you're saving/loading a file.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:44 am

LegitUsername wrote:This might just be my favorite vore game out there! Very customizable, and very fun!

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. (Also, cute profile picture!)

Windrin wrote:This game is fantastic, thanks for all the work you've done on it!

I also really appreciate the linux builds ^_^

You're welcome! I'm happy you're enjoying it.

You can see the world's length on the load screen, but it doesn't currently track how long individual characters have been in the game (which would apply to anyone who joined after the start). I might stick that in just for informational purposes.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LegitUsername » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Aurilika wrote:
LegitUsername wrote:This might just be my favorite vore game out there! Very customizable, and very fun!

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. (Also, cute profile picture!)

Thanks! 'Tis my OC, Erin, whom I primarily use in the game. The art was done by a personal friend of mine, though she doesn't know what the ref is for.
Be gay, do vore
LegitUsername
Been posting for a bit

Postby RhinoSalt » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:22 am

Related to the idea of world length as a trackable stat, it could be interesting to have a "weight gained" stat, or have an ability to compare a pawn's (unsure of how the "characters" should be referred to as) current weight to their starting weight.
RhinoSalt
Been posting for a bit

Postby DerekBaumsKitchenGun » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:15 pm

I may have found a bug, idk though:
When 2 people are on the same team, although the description says it prevents them from digesting one another, they are completely unable to vore the other. Same goes with digestion immunity, having that makes the person unvorable to everyone else.
DerekBaumsKitchenGun
New to the forum

Postby Tetrahedra » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Been playing this again lately, I think it'd be fun if the breakup option was available even from inside of a stomach. That's kind of a classic trope, right?

Oh, also, bug report: the stomach gurgle action can happen even if said character is dead and currently being absorbed.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game