Working on macro vore mod for Starbound.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Make your choices below! (Please read my post before you vote.)

Front-facing view.
13%
Side View.
11%
Detailed organs.
19%
Nebulous "viscera" organs.
5%
Organ Blocks
4%
Organ Objects
10%
Separate them!
14%
Lump them!
3%
Block-based guts, for building.
6%
Ship Frames, for immersion.
15%

Total votes : 863

Working on macro vore mod for Starbound.

Postby Rewired » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:38 am

Topic.
I've got a clear idea already - the player visits a hidden off shop on the Outpost/Food Hall and purchases hacked tech keys unlocking special techs.
Using these techs in the presence of an NPC has the player shrink to a given shape, followed by the NPC picking the player up and doing vore things.
With this the player's whisked off to a "bodyworld" - a temporary, semi-static world with procedural elements (mostly food, other prey, entire buildings for some, etc) at a location corresponding to the player's entry method.
After this, the player's free to mess about in the bodyworld, cutting into the NPC's body, building in there, or just letting the fluids take their toll, and always free to leave through any accessible orifice.
And, with different techs, the player can pick and choose how to get vored, and by whom - meatball-capsule for floran OV, pressurized gas can for novakid AV, wooden dildo for glitch UB, etc.
And, once I get the base mod ready, I'm thinking of adding hireable vorish crew members who let the player toy around in them on command.
Thus far I've planned out OV, AV, UB, CV and BV (specifically nipple vore), and am open to suggestions - no guarantee I can make it arousing unless it's something I'm into, though.

What I need right now, though, is some opinions.

Should I do front-facing viewpoint or a side view point for the bodyworlds?
With front, we get a better view of the stomach and guts, but breast internals and cock internals might look a bit flat.
With side, we get a better view of cock and breast internals, but stomachs and intestines can end up looking underwhelming.

Should I detail the organs of each race, or just give them a color and some nebulous "viscera" texture?
On one hand it's good for making detailed bodies, but on the other hand it's probably going to cut into editing freedom.

Should I lump each vore type into one bodyworld, or make multiple bodyworlds depending on how the player enters the body?
Like, a breast-based bodyworld separate from the stomach bodyworld, and so on. This could make it easier to pack all the vore types without perspective issues...

Would you rather the bodyworlds made of mineable and placeable internals blocks, or be a ship-like frame in which the player gets to build as they please?
Blocks does mean you could grab some to learn the recipe and then build your own macro vore <Race> in non-shrunken space, but might mess with immersion, while a ship frame would be immersive but more restrictive...

Pick out your answers on the poll above.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions.
Last edited by Rewired on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Re: Working on macro vore mod for Starbound.

Postby Firon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:51 am

With front, we get a better view of the stomach and guts, but breast internals and cock internals might look a bit flat.
With side, we get a better view of cock and breast internals, but stomachs and intestines can end up looking underwhelming.

why not do both?....you will likily be making multiple maps for body part locations anyway right?
Firon
---

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:54 am

Firon wrote:

why not do both?....you will likily be making multiple maps for body part locations anyway right?

Yeah, you could just have different parts use different perspectives.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rewired » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:47 am

failbird105 wrote:
Firon wrote:

Yeah, you could just have different parts use different perspectives.

Fair. I just figured to give an option in case someone wanted one bodyworld per NPC for space reasons or such...
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby Delta32123 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Hmm... Is there a way to like... Subscribe to or follow a thread? I'm very interested in seeing where this goes.
Delta32123
New to the forum

Postby Wollffett » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:11 pm

I look forward to seeing how this progresses as there has not been much progression in the star bound vore mod community.
Wollffett
Participator

Postby Jeice » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:03 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for that I wasn't getting from the Starbound Vore mod. An emphatic good luck from me.
Jeice
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SomeDingus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 am

I'd love to see this. Also doing both side and front-facing view would be fine.
SomeDingus
New to the forum

Postby Spiritfox17 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:01 pm

All of this sounds really awesome! ^u^

In regards to what you were asking, just do what you feel would be the least annoying/stressful for yourself.

Also some comments/ideas;

* If developing the tech stuff for shrinking gets to be a little too tedious, you might be able to just make teleporters that look like NPC's instead. Like going up and interacting with them gives you the option to port to that character's vore world.

* The NPC box dialogue you see in dungeons, after completing certain objectives, and when your ship's AI contacts you (this one: http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/upl ... /clue3.png) could possibly be useful with your mod. Like maybe when you go to certain areas of their body, you get those boxes pop up and them saying something about how you feel in there.
Spiritfox17
New to the forum

Postby Rewired » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Spiritfox17 wrote:* The NPC box dialogue you see in dungeons, after completing certain objectives, and when your ship's AI contacts you (this one: http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/upl ... /clue3.png) could possibly be useful with your mod. Like maybe when you go to certain areas of their body, you get those boxes pop up and them saying something about how you feel in there.

I'm planning on something like that. Time will tell whether it's that or integrating with the dialog tree mod my roomie's working on...if he ever gets it done. College stuff, you get.

I can probably bind it to trigger with valves and other parts in the body.
As for what's comfy, I'm thinking of adding in both shipframe-style bodyworlds and blocks that replicate the shipframe's design seamlessly so it's possible to manually modify a given body part even if you can't really cut into the walls anymore...
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby PocketJabari » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:34 am

And, with different techs, the player can pick and choose how to get vored, and by whom - meatball-capsule for floran OV, pressurized gas can for novakid AV, wooden dildo for glitch UB, etc.

would you be able to choose any entry method for any race or is OV locked to floran AV to novakid UB for glitch, ect, because I know I for one would love the option to be able to be UB'd by all the races especially avian
PocketJabari
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rewired » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:13 pm

PocketJabari wrote:

would you be able to choose any entry method for any race or is OV locked to floran AV to novakid UB for glitch, ect, because I know I for one would love the option to be able to be UB'd by all the races especially avian

I'm thinking of setting up four types of tech - an all-entry, all-races shrink tech, a race specific all-entry tech, a separate all-races tech for each entry method and a race-and-entry specific tech for each race-entry combination. Probably stack some of the effects into one tech, otherwise I'll bloat the tech console menu.
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby seth270 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:23 am

this actually sounds intriguing
seth270
Participator

Postby ooglethorpe5 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:56 am

following with interest
ooglethorpe5
Been posting for a bit

Postby justanotherdragon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:21 pm

You planning to include any love for Avali in this?~
justanotherdragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rewired » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:01 pm

justanotherdragon wrote:You planning to include any love for Avali in this?~

I might. But only after I've got the vanilla races accounted for...
Also, added a new option to the polls - but ended up resetting the results on accident. I apologize for the inconvenience, but could everyone please revote...
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby ooglethorpe5 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 pm

Man I hope this becomes a thing, i'll donate on patreon if one gets set up.
ooglethorpe5
Been posting for a bit

Postby NotTadpole » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:56 am

You got my hype! I always wanted to explore a body world, especially that of an actually existing NPC, but there's basically nothing out there that simulates this (save for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, lol). Out of curiosity, do you have any progress so far? I'm curious to see how this is going to hum along.
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rewired » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:49 pm

NotTadpole wrote:You got my hype! I always wanted to explore a body world, especially that of an actually existing NPC, but there's basically nothing out there that simulates this (save for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, lol). Out of curiosity, do you have any progress so far? I'm curious to see how this is going to hum along.

Not a whole lot yet, I've made some low-end sketches for the less terrestial species' organs, and trying to work out how a shipframe works - going well, if slowly due to working through college between weekends. I have a three-day weekend starting tomorrow, tho, so I'll try to get something more concrete going by this sunday...
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby NotTadpole » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 pm

Rewired wrote:Not a whole lot yet, I've made some low-end sketches for the less terrestial species' organs, and trying to work out how a shipframe works - going well, if slowly due to working through college between weekends. I have a three-day weekend starting tomorrow, tho, so I'll try to get something more concrete going by this sunday...

Ack, I know that feel. College is really good at sucking away our free time and motivation to do stuff. :/

I hope you can get the mod rolling, though; I'm rooting for you! Good luck!
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game