Predator Simulator: A New Gen Vore RPG [HIATUS]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Do you want to see more of this game?

Yes
98%
Not interested
2%

Total votes : 1603

Re: Predator Simulator: A New Gen Vore RPG [HIATUS]

Postby Susuko » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:20 pm

I would say that slime queen hasn't been implemented in the game yet.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:02 pm

Susuko wrote:I would say that slime queen hasn't been implemented in the game yet.

No, it's been part of the game for a while, but the coding for the Slime Queen event in 0.0.3 is buggy, and the event doesn't take place. The tents are buggy, too. Even with RPG Maker, I still can't fix the bug.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby Susuko » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:29 pm

Could it be at how one approach's the quest since I actually ate the elf that was hunting for the slime queen.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Panzershark » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:34 pm

Susuko wrote:Could it be at how one approach's the quest since I actually ate the elf that was hunting for the slime queen.

That might mess with it further, but I remember it not mattering back in 0.0.2 (though I could be wrong). It has just been a major issue in the latest (at this point probably last) build, it seems to not really matter what route you take.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:06 pm

The Slime Queen's map sprite is missing, so the Event isn't triggering. Until this is fixed, and apparently that'll be awhile, no one can actually fight her.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby Susuko » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:14 pm

Do you think that this is another dead vore game?
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:41 pm

No, not quite. It's not dead unless the creator says so. If the creator gives up, it's dead. AFAIK, the creator still wants to finish the framework for the game. Don't give up hope just yet.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Susuko » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:48 pm

Good because this game has some promise.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:01 pm

As the developer schprengwerder has given the community their blessing to poke through the files, I went ahead and picked up VX Ace while it was on sale and did some poking through myself. Here are the changes that I made to try and fix the slime queen issue:
-The slime princesses now show up as moving NPC events instead of random battle events.
-The slime queen *should* now show up at the far end of the cave once you beat or eat the princesses.
-There's now a magic lamp at the entrance of the slime cave that will allow for a few debug actions in case things go horribly wrong.
-Slime encounters in the cave have been reduced from about every 10 steps to about every 35, because for the Zenith's sake, that was a bit frequent.
-There is apparently a post-slime queen version of the cave with different properties. I've only added the magic lamp there, so you can reset the queen,
exit the cave, and return to the original cave as you wish. Everything else about the post-cave has been left the same.

I'm tentatively calling this version .32, and I'll link it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/re23pgl3 ... 2.zip/file
If the developer wishes, I'll take the link down and remove the file.

I doubt I'll do more edits, as the inner workings of the game appear to be extremely complex and it would take me more time than I have right now to go through and fully understand how everything works together to make any big changes, plus I already have my commitments to Amalgamation.

Cheers.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:46 pm

In Plains East Day, (the desert map) at coordinates (020,204), there is supposed to be a QT orb. In the Night map, it's there. I had to copy the event into the correct place in the Day map to fix it. Don't worry, we'll get this game done: one bugfix at a time. 8)
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:18 am

GooInABox wrote:As the developer schprengwerder has given the community their blessing to poke through the files, I went ahead and picked up VX Ace while it was on sale and did some poking through myself. Here are the changes that I made to try and fix the slime queen issue:
-The slime princesses now show up as moving NPC events instead of random battle events.
-The slime queen *should* now show up at the far end of the cave once you beat or eat the princesses.
-There's now a magic lamp at the entrance of the slime cave that will allow for a few debug actions in case things go horribly wrong.
-Slime encounters in the cave have been reduced from about every 10 steps to about every 35, because for the Zenith's sake, that was a bit frequent.
-There is apparently a post-slime queen version of the cave with different properties. I've only added the magic lamp there, so you can reset the queen,
exit the cave, and return to the original cave as you wish. Everything else about the post-cave has been left the same.

I'm tentatively calling this version .32, and I'll link it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/re23pgl3 ... 2.zip/file
If the developer wishes, I'll take the link down and remove the file.

I doubt I'll do more edits, as the inner workings of the game appear to be extremely complex and it would take me more time than I have right now to go through and fully understand how everything works together to make any big changes, plus I already have my commitments to Amalgamation.

Cheers.

If you all want i can see if i can port to mv (no gurentees due to it lol)
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby PrismaticAria » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:02 am

If this game in RPG Maker MV is what people want, then I'll say that I've already re-written the game's fundamental components, and re-sprited the heroine to fit in 48×48. I did it as a passion project to test the waters with what I was capable of creating using RPGMaker. But that was so long ago, I've mostly forgotten how the game is scripted. I could re-teach myself to finish a beta build, but there was so much I wanted to add, I kind of forgot where I left off in my development.

I guess you could say this is another case of a newbie getting overzealous with what they could create. I'll say one thing though: I have a full-time job - one that pays my bills, and guarantees a humble living. I won't take time off just to work on this project; not at the expense of my income. But I can work on it piece by piece, and make some progress with whatever time I can spare...

That is... If the interest is there. I won't spend time on something that no one cares about. Anyone care to share their opinion?
PrismaticAria
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dotsu » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 am

PrismaticAria wrote:If this game in RPG Maker MV is what people want, then I'll say that I've already re-written the game's fundamental components, and re-sprited the heroine to fit in 48×48. I did it as a passion project to test the waters with what I was capable of creating using RPGMaker. But that was so long ago, I've mostly forgotten how the game is scripted. I could re-teach myself to finish a beta build, but there was so much I wanted to add, I kind of forgot where I left off in my development.

I guess you could say this is another case of a newbie getting overzealous with what they could create. I'll say one thing though: I have a full-time job - one that pays my bills, and guarantees a humble living. I won't take time off just to work on this project; not at the expense of my income. But I can work on it piece by piece, and make some progress with whatever time I can spare...

That is... If the interest is there. I won't spend time on something that no one cares about. Anyone care to share their opinion?

I have experiance in game development, an i am currently unemployed so i would not be bored. But if i tried to import it one i would most likely not use a lot of the tile sets (due to the difference between the 32 an 48 dimensions for the two engines.) Also MV uses lots of Javascript for plugins an can be written in a less complicated way then VX ace or VX
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby PrismaticAria » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:05 am

Dotsu wrote:I have experiance in game development, an i am currently unemployed so i would not be bored. But if i tried to import it one i would most likely not use a lot of the tile sets (due to the difference between the 32 an 48 dimensions for the two engines.) Also MV uses lots of Javascript for plugins an can be written in a less complicated way then VX ace or VX

Where to begin...?
I would conisder my knowledge of the english language to be the highlight of my skills as a developer; not that I don't know what I'm doing as far as game development is concerned - I simply know how to use words better than any other tool in my toolkit, so forgive me if what I say may come off as obvious or foolish. You are correct in the assumption that importing the game's graphics to MV would be illogical, given the natural difference between the two engines. But what lies underneath that facade is actually quite a bit more complex.

You see, VX Ace is written using Ruby - a simplistic coding language that benefits from being easy to learn, but one that is rather outdated, given how limited it can be for complex multi-script calls such as what is demonstrated in Predator Simulator. Counter to this, MV is written in, as you stated, Javascript - a well known coding language that can be as simple as you want, or as complicated as you need. When you break the two of these languages down to their strengths and restrictions, it's a no-brainer as to which one is more suited to a game like Predator Simulator.

But even so, I think there's a crucial piece of informotion you glossed over when reading my comment. I said I re-wrote the game; as in, I learned how the game worked behind the scenes, and simply made it in a newer engine. I didn't import any textures - I used community availiable resources, along with the RTP, to re-create the game from the ground up. All the tilesets I used were made for MV, and I learned the basics of sprite art to make several different sized belly-edits to a sprite made with the in-game character creator.

Though, techincally, I haven't re-made the game in it's entirety. One thing I had yet to do was add all the enemies and maps - all I had managed to get working was the actual devouring of enemies (placeholders, at least.) That, to me, was enough to tell me I could make it work. I don't know why I stopped, all I know is that I can keep adding more and more, until the game is more than just a passion project.
PrismaticAria
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dotsu » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:50 am

PrismaticAria wrote:
Dotsu wrote:I have experiance in game development, an i am currently unemployed so i would not be bored. But if i tried to import it one i would most likely not use a lot of the tile sets (due to the difference between the 32 an 48 dimensions for the two engines.) Also MV uses lots of Javascript for plugins an can be written in a less complicated way then VX ace or VX

Where to begin...?
I would conisder my knowledge of the english language to be the highlight of my skills as a developer; not that I don't know what I'm doing as far as game development is concerned - I simply know how to use words better than any other tool in my toolkit, so forgive me if what I say may come off as obvious or foolish. You are correct in the assumption that importing the game's graphics to MV would be illogical, given the natural difference between the two engines. But what lies underneath that facade is actually quite a bit more complex.

You see, VX Ace is written using Ruby - a simplistic coding language that benefits from being easy to learn, but one that is rather outdated, given how limited it can be for complex multi-script calls such as what is demonstrated in Predator Simulator. Counter to this, MV is written in, as you stated, Javascript - a well known coding language that can be as simple as you want, or as complicated as you need. When you break the two of these languages down to their strengths and restrictions, it's a no-brainer as to which one is more suited to a game like Predator Simulator.

But even so, I think there's a crucial piece of informotion you glossed over when reading my comment. I said I re-wrote the game; as in, I learned how the game worked behind the scenes, and simply made it in a newer engine. I didn't import any textures - I used community availiable resources, along with the RTP, to re-create the game from the ground up. All the tilesets I used were made for MV, and I learned the basics of sprite art to make several different sized belly-edits to a sprite made with the in-game character creator.

Though, techincally, I haven't re-made the game in it's entirety. One thing I had yet to do was add all the enemies and maps - all I had managed to get working was the actual devouring of enemies (placeholders, at least.) That, to me, was enough to tell me I could make it work. I don't know why I stopped, all I know is that I can keep adding more and more, until the game is more than just a passion project.

Alright, Firstly english isnt my what is it? mother tongue. Your right by saying importing an rewriting the game is diffrent but i believe i said import. I cant take on rewritting the game as you said before you already did that an i am aware VX Ace uses ruby (I have no experience with the programing language) Where i do know javascript and could by the way that javascript works make such abilities an changes to the game in MV. But i dont have the time myself for that as i am not a game developer by trade but a audio engineer. I dont want an argument, rather just dont look down on me or calll me stupid an naive i know what it takes to make a game. An my experience with game development on the audio side of it its a very taxing process.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Susuko » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:16 am

Ether way I would be interested to see this kind of a game being developed.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:39 am

If the two of you had the chance, could you work as a team? Both of you bring something vital to the table.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Susuko » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 am

DivineSomaCruz wrote:If the two of you had the chance, could you work as a team? Both of you bring something vital to the table.

I agree with you,one has a good idea but doesn't have much time and the other has time so they could work together on the game.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby schprengwerder » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:34 am

GooInABox wrote:As the developer schprengwerder has given the community their blessing to poke through the files, I went ahead and picked up VX Ace while it was on sale and did some poking through myself...

Happy to see people still playing around with this, makes it all worthwhile.

PrismaticAria wrote:I guess you could say this is another case of a newbie getting overzealous with what they could create. I'll say one thing though: I have a full-time job - one that pays my bills, and guarantees a humble living. I won't take time off just to work on this project; not at the expense of my income. But I can work on it piece by piece, and make some progress with whatever time I can spare...

VX Ace is what I used because it's what I had on hand and could figure out how to use at the time, so changing over to MV and using proper scripting techniques would go a long way to making this a full game. I'm still working 60+ hours a week but if I could focus my downtime I could probably restart working on the game. I've been considering trying to remake it outside of RPGmaker, but simply don't have the time or energy to learn something new like Unity. That said, I could probably figure out MV and fix the problems I was having with the old system and maybe even get the new stuff I wanted to work on done, which is what caused me to stall last time.

I didn't think people were still this interested, so I might look at my options for continuing the project.
schprengwerder
Been posting for a bit

Postby PrismaticAria » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 am

Dotsu wrote:Alright, Firstly english isnt my what is it? mother tongue. Your right by saying importing an rewriting the game is diffrent but i believe i said import. I cant take on rewritting the game as you said before you already did that an i am aware VX Ace uses ruby (I have no experience with the programing language) Where i do know javascript and could by the way that javascript works make such abilities an changes to the game in MV. But i dont have the time myself for that as i am not a game developer by trade but a audio engineer. I dont want an argument, rather just dont look down on me or calll me stupid an naive i know what it takes to make a game. An my experience with game development on the audio side of it its a very taxing process.

For not being your native language, I must give you credit for being able to communicate so effectively. As I'm sure you know, english isn't the easiest language to learn, so I respect your dedication to learning such a vital language. Not that I'm saying you don't make mistakes - Everyone does, even me.

Damn it, even when I'm trying to humble myself, I end up sounding conceited and condesending, huh? My sincerest apologies on that front; I've spent my entire life being the most talented person in the room, always being placed on a higher pedastal based purely off my natural intellect. At first, I reveled in the attention and glory; but nothing Good exists without something Bad, right? All that time spent in the limelight, never having to actually try to do something to achive results, caught up with me. My last year of high school opened my eyes to the sheer difficulty of pursuing a career - just how skilled you have to be to stand out. And that's skilled, not talented. All the talent in the world won't help you if you don't have the drive to hone a skill to its utmost finest edge. So that's what I did; I chose a skill I had a particular bond with, and made it my own. Not that it's perfect - it will never be perfect, because I'll always find ways to improve it.

I won't say I'm a saint, and I won't say I'm better than you; we're both simply trying to use the skills we cultivated through endless hours of practice and meticulous honing to the best of our abilities. In that matter, you have my respect. I wouldn't have explained all that without a reason, but I, myself, am still trying to figure out what that reason is. I would like to work on this little project with you, but I do ask for some time to mull over all the details myself.
PrismaticAria
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game