Predator Simulator: A New Gen Vore RPG [HIATUS]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Do you want to see more of this game?

Yes
98%
Not interested
2%

Total votes : 1602

Re: Predator Simulator: A New generation of vore RPG

Postby schprengwerder » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am

Olivine wrote:Having dug around a bit in the events and code...

While such things would be nice, I have absolutely no experience with anything like scripting, so much so I wouldn't even know where to start learning. I will try to make the time for it and see where it goes.

Slayerhero90 wrote:oh, hey, uh, i think i found the appropriate...

I will look into this and see what I can do. Chances are it will replace the menu event calls.

The event window is a good idea and will probably be used whether the whole thing is implemented or not. I was already looking for something like that but one that was called up from a common event.

Ultimately I want this project to end with a complete game system that anyone can download and insert their own story and characters into with minimal setup. That being said, while the idea may not be implemented in this game, it will almost certainly appear in the game system for others to use.

No-One wrote:I am much in favor of a player prey system...

I will try to introduce some human/humanoid prey soon, at the moment I've started with the animal prey because I am aiming for a progressive buildup to being able to eat real prey. One where the player starts off not being able to eat virtually anything, and growing to the point of eating whole groups of people/enemies.

Anesthetic wrote:My suggestions didn't end with altering the...

1. As above, the hotkey mapping is being looked into.

2. Pardon for my misunderstanding; yes, such a thing will eventually be added but at the moment I am trying to work out the game system and would prefer not to spend the time editing six dozen or so images. That said, if anyone provided them up front I would not hesitate to add them to the game. It must be noted that changing the sprite would be easy enough, but dressing up the player in a scene would require an edit of virtually every belly size to suit the clothing, which would be very difficult without a progressive image generator.

3. I was thinking something similar myself today and I do like the idea. I might try to squeeze one or two in the next release.

Daichi777 wrote:I haven't tried this (screenshot looks...

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully with the addition of new content and, later on, different playable characters you will get to play too.

As I've mentioned above, unless someone spoon feeds me the way of adding something, I have no idea how to do anything like scripting or plugins. Everything I have done so far has been through event calling and using dozens of events and variables. My preference is to keep using this method since I understand it, but I also understand that I will probably tie myself in knots as this progresses.

My copyright disclaimer (which probably isn't sufficient anyway) is supposed to give me a bit more liberty with the resources I can use but I disclaim my own work too because I want everyone to use it. Having the hard part of making a game done for them, I'm hoping that many more people will come up with their own game scenarios, making more games for me to play.

Zbeubyx wrote:I have been testing out the game and I can't...

I've looked at the digestion aids and the nap events and found what I think is causing the problem. It should be fixed by the next iteration. Many thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- schprengwerder
schprengwerder
Been posting for a bit

Postby Archangel64 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:49 am

Is the player only pred or will we get in future also prey scenes?
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:46 am

Archangel64 wrote:Is the player only pred or will we get in future also prey scenes?

Did you read anything in this forum before asking this? XD

It's been mentioned at least five times.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ConnTheElite » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:52 pm

This probably going to sound dumb, but is there a way to increase the window size? I don't see an option for it anywhere in the game or in the folders. The default window size way too small on my monitor.
ConnTheElite
Been posting for a bit

Postby Olivine » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:07 pm

schprengwerder wrote:While such things would be nice, I have absolutely no experience with anything like scripting, so much so I wouldn't even know where to start learning. I will try to make the time for it and see where it goes.

Here is a beginner friendly introduction to Ruby scripting to get you started.
Primarily it covers syntax and the scripts used by the engine itself; the latter is mainly useful for writing your own plugin scripts, the former is what you need to know for event scripting.

Here is a general script call collection for event scripting.
This is handy to have on-hand while scripting. Some script calls are easier to use than others, the ones that look complicated might not work without some extra knowledge.

^^; This is a lot of information, but just grasping the basics is enough; there are a lot of applications for even just basic variable control, in particular for making your common events more modular.
It's good creative fun once you get the hang of it.

Good luck! I'm excited to see what comes out of all this. :-D
Olivine
New to the forum

Postby Ayra42 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Hey sorry to barge in again but I've noticed one more bug and an error concerning the rabbit, and a little complain of mine if I may:

First of, the rapid digestion doesn't seem to work as the menu deasappears but we can't act anymore and the avatar's belly doesn't shrink at all so I assume the skill didn't activate at all.
As for the rabbit it's said it has a size of one will it's actually worth 2 of fulness when eaten.
Lastly when being around 38 of fulness it's absurdly slow to move and farm preys, wish we wouldn't be slowed down as we may just get over a hundred of fulness at one point.

I guess that's that, in any case i really love you're game, so much that I keep playing even thought i can chain foxs just to see our current limit with the arts. :wink:
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Played around for a while and liked what I saw. I do agree that I'd be very interested in a player as prey system though, mostly because I'm a huge sub.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby schprengwerder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:49 am

ConnTheElite wrote:This probably going to sound dumb, but...

Experience says that there are ways of making the game window larger, but I haven't figured that out yet. I know for a fact that in (at least in windows 7) you can right click the top bar on the window and select "properties" which comes up with some options including "launch game in fullscreen". If you don't have that option, reducing your screen resolution should increase the size of your game window relative to the screen. This is all that I can help with until I find something to increase the game window size.

Olivine wrote:Here is a beginner friendly introduction to...

Much appreciated, I will give it a read immediately.

Zbeubyx wrote:Hey sorry to barge in again but I've noticed one more...

I'm fairly certain I haven't integrated the rapid digestion skills yet and they should be dormant for now.

The book will be fixed right away.

If the speed is problematic for too many people it will be removed but for now I'd like to see what more people think. I will keep it in mind though.

EDIT Apologies, I just checked and it looks like I did set them up in the achievements, must've been a last minute decision for me to forget. I checked the digestion rates and they were low, so I've bumped them up to match the digestion aids.

failbird105 wrote:Played around for a while and liked what I saw...

I'm glad you like it. The player prey mechanic probably won't come along for a while, but I hope to keep you entertained until then.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

- schprengwerder
Last edited by schprengwerder on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
schprengwerder
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:31 am

wouldn't you know it, Yanfly Core Engine can help with changing the screen resolution. its effects are limited but it can at least expand the view to include more tiles. this one goes above oal the other yanfly scripts i've sent you. at this rate, though, i'd frankly recommend you take a stroll through what yanfly is offering
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby schprengwerder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:wouldn't you know it, https://yanflychannel...

While I appreciate the help, I am hesitant to bundle too much of other people's work into this. I want something that can be freely distributed after it is finished, without being hindered by copyright of any sort (I don't know what I would have to do to obtain permission to use all of this Yanfly stuff). I may have already started moving into that territory, but I'd much prefer to avoid it where I can. I don't know enough about copyright to decide what I can or can't include and such things detract from my original purpose of creating something for anyone to enjoy. So until I can ascertain what limitations adding such things might impose, I will from now on be much more hesitant to include things that aren't mine or public domain.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

- schprengwerder
schprengwerder
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:07 am

from the bottom of the yanfly vx ace script homepage:

What’s posted here is for public use. Whether or not you use decide to share it with others, post it on other websites, use it in your own games (free or commercial), I’m okay with that as long as credits are due to their respective parties. I don’t demand liberties or anything when the scripts are used for commercial games, but a free copy of the game would be nice~

yanfly also has a terms of use page, which says about the same thing

so, if you want to be polite while also working within the framework that you're not making a game but a starter, you could bundle with your project a readme asking that anyone making a game using your base to credit yanfly in their game's credits, or something to that effect
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby schprengwerder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:from the bottom of the yanfly vx ace script homepage...

I see now. That is very in tune with what I need, thank you. I will be sure to properly credit Yanfly for the scripts in the next iteration and will take care to read linked material more thoroughly.

- schprengwerder
schprengwerder
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:27 am

happy to help! i am invested in seeing this project succeed
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vgove » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:02 pm

can you put a zip version on Mediafire for those that have trouble with mega?
vgove
Participator

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:16 am

Who are the endless sourpant's who are like, "NO, I don't want to see this game get more fleshed out"?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby schprengwerder » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:03 am

vgove wrote:can you put a zip version on Mediafire for those that have trouble with mega?

The header has been updated, let me know if it doesn't work.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

- schprengwerder
schprengwerder
Been posting for a bit

Postby paperairplaneclip » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 am

If anything, I may also be able to help a bit on this project, just PM if you want, I really like the idea.
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:42 am

It's always nice to see new potential competitors in this small corner space on the internet. Good luck with your game. I'll give it a go in a while. Feel free to give our game a look over as well if you want.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Archangel64 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:11 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Archangel64 wrote:Is the player only pred or will we get in future also prey scenes?

Did you read anything in this forum before asking this? XD

It's been mentioned at least five times.

I saw something like that, but my question is about if the PLAYER will be a prey, the questions I saw was about if we get human prey, but this doesnt answers my question.

sorry if get a bit angry
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vgove » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:54 pm

How to expand breast
vgove
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game