Saint Miluina's Vore Academy v1.1.1 (Looking for writers!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who is your favorite major character?

Emma
20%
Sam
7%
Leah
9%
Alice
11%
Kayla
1%
Mallory
1%
Mina
25%
Sarah/Alesha
1%
Cherry
4%
Beli
1%
Nadia
3%
Leila
1%
Sunny
14%
Charlotte
2%

Total votes : 2953

Re: [Text Adventure]Saint Miluina's Vore Academy v0.1.0

Postby Caesar » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Really liking this so far and I can’t wait to see it progress more! I particularly like how the text changes based on the belly you currently have.

Spoiler: show
Is it possible to eat both Anita and Mandy in a playthough?
Caesar
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:33 pm

OsmiumOrchid wrote:However, I did toy with the idea of adding a "Panic" option under struggle in prey scenes that has minimal, if any, change to the text but makes it so that you automatically fail your escape check and can just let the scene play out if you want. Would that work for you?

That was pretty much what I meant with that second bit actually.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby LoroB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Amazing story!!!! Love the pred options ( :gulp: ) and posibility to get eaten :D

Code: Select all
Many web games use browser cookies to save the player's place in the game. Twine allows you to save the game, including all of the variables that were (set:) or (put:), and the passages the player visited, to the player's browser storage.

(save-game:) is a single operation that can be used as often or as little as you want to. You can include it on every page; You can put it at the start of each "chapter"; You can put it inside a (link:) hook, such as
{(link:"Save game")[
  (if:(save-game: $playerName))[
    Game saved!
  ](else: )[
    Sorry, I couldn't save your game.
  ]
]}

Similar for loading :
Code: Select all
Just as (save-game:) exists to store the current game session, (load-game:) exists to retrieve a past game session, whenever you want. This command, when given the string name of a slot, will attempt to load the save, completely and instantly replacing the variables and move history with that of the save, and going to the passage where that save was made. "Assuming SaveFile already exists"
Example:
{(if: $Saves contains $playerName)[
  (link: "Load game")[(load-game:$playerName)]
]}

Hope this wasn't confusing used twine info (save includes every variable state declared) You can either have save-load on every page or on specifiq events checkpoints like end of day or week something? you'll decide again great work !!!
ps: sorry for huge reply >_> :lol: :roll: :gulp:
LoroB
Been posting for a bit

Postby OsmiumOrchid » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 pm

theprinceh wrote:Where is Hannah, I cant find her got everyone else. Or am I just an idiot.

Not an idiot! Hannah's scene is definitely one of the most hidden ones. It happens late in the tour and requires you to do something specific with Sam earlier in the day.

DroolingPred wrote:Regarding stats and numbers - it isn't so much that I want to see numbers, but I want to know when the stats are having an effect. It could be as minimal as a certain text color indicating a partially random outcome.

Oh, I get what you're saying. At the moment the vore scenes are the only time your stats come into play and those do have messages about whether you passed or failed the check for the most part. Would adding a message along the lines of, say, "Your strength fails you" after failing a strength check be what you're looking for?

Bookie wrote:The amount of content for an early build and the relationship system are both quite fantastic ! A guide to getting each scene would be welcome, seeing as there is no save function yet.

Knowing exactly what you need to do to get a scene ruins some of the fun though! I'm happy to give hints though if there's a specific scene(s) you're having trouble with

Slayerhero90 wrote:It just goes to a black screen and doesn't load the name textbox. Wonder if it has to do with Adblock.

That could be it, it sounds like it's probably blocking the name entry popup but the game is still waiting for an answer before loading anything else. Maybe try disabling it temporarily?

Caesar wrote:
Is it possible to eat both Anita and Mandy in a playthough?

Nope, not in a single run! The scenes are close enough together that it's impossible to finish digesting Anita before encountering Mandy. Fun fact: I actually hadn't realized that initially so there's some impossible alt dialogue related to this hidden in one of the cookout scenes.

empatheticapathy wrote:That was pretty much what I meant with that second bit actually.

Oh, well good! That shouldn't take much to implement so I'll make sure it's included in the next update

LoroB wrote:~stuff~

Thanks! I have actually already used save/load to take you back to the start of the current day when you die(which really just skips you needing to enter your name again right now since it's the first day), but for the future I'm going to try and implement a sidebar that gives you the option to save/load a few different save slots manually. My only concern there is that if you can save whenever you want it'll make it very easy to cheat your way through vore scenes.
OsmiumOrchid
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:49 pm

OsmiumOrchid wrote:Oh, well good! That shouldn't take much to implement so I'll make sure it's included in the next update

Thank you. I'm looking forward to it.
Let me know if you ever need an editor or proofreader. I'm good at that sort of thing.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Morwen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:57 am

OsmiumOrchid wrote:
LoroB wrote:~stuff~

Thanks! I have actually already used save/load to take you back to the start of the current day when you die(which really just skips you needing to enter your name again right now since it's the first day), but for the future I'm going to try and implement a sidebar that gives you the option to save/load a few different save slots manually. My only concern there is that if you can save whenever you want it'll make it very easy to cheat your way through vore scenes.

It would seem like a good place would be daily, at the beginning or end.
As for "cheating" your way through a scene, people are going to play through multiple times to find (and read) all of the scenes, so it would more be a choice of when and how they do so.
And with this school, the only person they'll cheat is their-self.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing how far I can make it through.
Morwen
New to the forum

Postby DroolingPred » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:00 am

Yeah, that's basically it. Across a few runs I went after Mandy in the classroom alone, found that sometimes I caught her and others she got away. If I played through just once, I wouldn't have known that RNG was influencing the outcome since all the text in the scene was white.

For the record, I really liked the clarity of the writing. I felt that the prey and pred scenes were well foreshadowed, and that's very important. Getting eaten out of nowhere could really screw up a concept like this.

In terms of save scumming, I would feel satisfied if I could save just once at the end of the day. I could see how saving more often may diminish the experience.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby zenox81 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:13 am

I haven't played much, but I've enjoyed it a bit so far. One of my biggest problem with vore games is that it's rarely clear which outcome will lead to a prey of pred scene, but that's not a problem, and I really enjoying that.
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:21 am

I love it so far. I can't wait for the next version! Keep up the good work.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RumiBelly » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:41 am

Nice the social paths are far more varied than I expected in a game like this I've been trying to find them all. Don't worry your secret is safe ;)
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby MaryDragon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:45 am

so out of curiosity is it possible for you to digest anita in time to eat mandy? nvm read the post
edit 2: say could we perchance get a transcript of what would have happened?
Last edited by MaryDragon on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MaryDragon
New to the forum

Postby suprano » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:01 am

Nice game with much content for a first release. I like the characters and that they aren't "just names with a vore scene".
Hope you can keep track of all the possible outcomes while writing the next days. Although I like the variety you maybe shouldn't overdo it with too many different paths.

How long did it take you to write this one day?
suprano
New to the forum

Postby Bright » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Absolutely love this story game.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Kartomic » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:51 pm

I quite like this! Thank you for sharing it with us. :D
Kartomic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:58 pm

I am curious on how to find the scene with Hannah. Might need a bigger hint.
Edit:
Found it.
Last edited by Bright on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby EmmaV2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:11 pm

I agree with Bright, I'm at a loss for finding Hannah.
EmmaV2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Appo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:55 pm

I really enjoyed this game. The minimalistic presentation of vore content is great. Instead there's a perpetual immersion of the characters into vore. Every action of the characters, every word, is in the context of predators that are willing and capable of eating each other. I don't know if it will continue but the focus on events outside of eating people is very welcome. I don't have much interest to read about the mundane lives of college students and that's not what I'm perceiving.

The best feature for me is the degree of alternating text. There are enough alternate and intertwined paths that it eventually gets to the point where I don't even care to find all the paths. I'm happy not knowing everything in the game because I'm satisfied by what I find through casual investigation. Further the modular style makes the story very interactive and introduces the idea that significant and familiar characters could be eaten and so have a lasting impact on the playing out of the story. Any of the characters, your friend, your enemy, your crush, could just not show up for class one day only to eventually be found on some student's rack. That's the kind of ominous possibility that I like.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby OsmiumOrchid » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:08 am

empatheticapathy wrote:Thank you. I'm looking forward to it.
Let me know if you ever need an editor or proofreader. I'm good at that sort of thing.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the offer!

radiogenicvore wrote:Nice the social paths are far more varied than I expected in a game like this I've been trying to find them all. Don't worry your secret is safe ;)

Good, just like we discussed >.>

suprano wrote:Nice game with much content for a first release. I like the characters and that they aren't "just names with a vore scene".
Hope you can keep track of all the possible outcomes while writing the next days. Although I like the variety you maybe shouldn't overdo it with too many different paths.

How long did it take you to write this one day?

Don't worry, I've planned ahead for the fact that this will inevitably branch out of control and have a lot of documentation behind the scenes! There's also variables tracking things down to the level of what you know about certain characters from talking to them. Feel free to yell at me if you ever feel like I've forgotten to take some event or character development into consideration though!

This first day took several months to write, I started on the game back in July I think? That wasn't nonstop though, I'd say it took about 4-5 months of regularly working on it. That's taking into consideration that I had to learn Twine, design the framework of the game, and plan out the characters on top of the actual writing, so future days will hopefully take less time. My non-vore work keeps me pretty busy sometimes so I can't 100% promise that.

EmmaV2 wrote:I agree with Bright, I'm at a loss for finding Hannah.

Hint the second:
Triggering the scene with Hannah requires you to have completed one of the player pred scenes.

Appo wrote:I really enjoyed this game. The minimalistic presentation of vore content is great. Instead there's a perpetual immersion of the characters into vore. Every action of the characters, every word, is in the context of predators that are willing and capable of eating each other. I don't know if it will continue but the focus on events outside of eating people is very welcome. I don't have much interest to read about the mundane lives of college students and that's not what I'm perceiving.

The best feature for me is the degree of alternating text. There are enough alternate and intertwined paths that it eventually gets to the point where I don't even care to find all the paths. I'm happy not knowing everything in the game because I'm satisfied by what I find through casual investigation. Further the modular style makes the story very interactive and introduces the idea that significant and familiar characters could be eaten and so have a lasting impact on the playing out of the story. Any of the characters, your friend, your enemy, your crush, could just not show up for class one day only to eventually be found on some student's rack. That's the kind of ominous possibility that I like.

Thanks for the detailed response! I was slightly worried that there would be too little vore content(that it's possible to see in a single run), so it's great to hear that the other character interactions are appreciated.
OsmiumOrchid
Participator

Postby VikingKiwi » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:41 am

This is really showing some strong potential and I love the writing! I adore everything to do with Sam, but the one I'm truly waiting to see more of has to be Leah. I'm so sad that I missed her out on my first run just because I decided against wandering off during the tour. After going through every route interaction that I care to explore, I've listed down what I consider to be my "canon" route for day one and it's basically what I did on my first run with the exception of wandering off just so that I can meet the best girl early on. I'm also excited for the Tabletop Club, it sounds like there might be some fun times to be had there~
VikingKiwi
New to the forum

Postby SalVados » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Somehow I want to both protect Mandy and eat her. But weirdly enough mostly protect her. She doesn't even have much of a role yet, but my personal "canon" is already to let her go and also protect her from preds.

All in all, as others here have said: Well written, surprisingly expansive for a very early release and nicely paced. The only suggestion I could make would be willing prey scenes, but as you already said you're looking into those I'll instead sit back and only mention that I dug out my account after not really using it ever just to say how much I like this one and can't wait to see where it goes from here!
SalVados
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game