Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.3.2b by InternIsla

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What type of empire do you play?

Pred empire
53%
Prey empire
26%
Alt-vore empire
21%

Total votes : 934

Re: Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.3.2b by InternIsla

Postby Cielie » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 pm

Are there any vore portraits pack up-to-date? If not, is there a way to use older one's in the current version?
Cielie
Been posting for a bit

Postby rez » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 pm

As far as I'm aware the portrait pack I made is up-to-date(I just gave it an update as well), I'll link it here as well. Also thanks for reminding me that I need to get some screenshots to put up in the mod's page.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/15 ... -in-space/
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby InternIsla » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:37 pm

Celte wrote:Are there any vore portraits pack up-to-date? If not, is there a way to use older one's in the current version?

Old portrait packs should still work, unless there's been some structural change to mods recently.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cielie » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:13 pm

InternIsla wrote:
Celte wrote:Are there any vore portraits pack up-to-date? If not, is there a way to use older one's in the current version?

Old portrait packs should still work, unless there's been some structural change to mods recently.

Sorry for asking, I couldn't find any of the portraits(I still can't too.)
Cielie
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ouroborus » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Celte wrote:
InternIsla wrote:

Sorry for asking, I couldn't find any of the portraits(I still can't too.)

There's links to various community made portrait packs on the first post in this thread, and more on loverslab.
Creator of the Stellaris Vore mod
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ericknalisco » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:23 pm

what i do when there is no descriptor in the mod? ( rez pred mod don't have the descriptor for som reason )
Ericknalisco
New to the forum

Postby rez » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Ericknalisco wrote:what i do when there is no descriptor in the mod? ( rez pred mod don't have the descriptor for som reason )

*Edit*
So it turns out there is not a descriptor for the mod at all, but it seems like it should still work with out it. All I can say is give it a shot and if it wont work I'll see if I can do anything.
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ericknalisco » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:28 am

it didn't work
Ericknalisco
New to the forum

Postby rez » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:18 pm

Ericknalisco wrote:it didn't work

Let me do some testing, Mostly I think I need to sort out the files where I keep the mod, they are a bit of a mess with the WIP versions and the done version all in the same folder.
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby rez » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Alrighty I just looked over the lover's lab upload and it's working correctly. As far as I can tell it might have something to do with how it got zipped up. After you un-zip the file move over everything inside the first "pred" folder so you have a 'pred' folder, the "credits" txt, and the "pred" MOD file. After that I can't think of a reason it should not work.
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby zim6565 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:13 pm

The portrait mod is still greyed out
zim6565
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cielie » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Celte wrote:
InternIsla wrote:
Celte wrote:Sorry for asking, I couldn't find any of the portraits(I still can't too.)

There's links to various community made portrait packs on the first post in this thread, and more on loverslab.

I didnt mean this, sorry. I meant that I downloaded them and installed them all, but on the launcher they are marked as not up to date and once inside the game, they are nowhere to be found, as if they were prevented to work due to being out of date.
Cielie
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ericknalisco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 pm

rez wrote:
Ericknalisco wrote:it didn't work

Let me do some testing, Mostly I think I need to sort out the files where I keep the mod, they are a bit of a mess with the WIP versions and the done version all in the same folder.

thanks, now it's working
Ericknalisco
New to the forum

Postby InternIsla » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:28 pm

Since updates to the game appear to have broken the portrait packs by Rez and Mudkip01, I've gone ahead and updated their metadata files to make them compatible with the current game version.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/OpgTFQpS#0F7NGsKc-ndn3ei75HEiS5mjmETIO5dlR4p7RXu5yYc

This download includes both portrait packs made for the mod, and basic installation instructions.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby shaw843 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:13 am

Would it be possible to adjust Prey Slavery to be a bit more different from normal Livestock slaves?

Maybe let them still do Worker jobs just with bonus food?
shaw843
New to the forum

Postby InternIsla » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

shaw843 wrote:Would it be possible to adjust Prey Slavery to be a bit more different from normal Livestock slaves?

Maybe let them still do Worker jobs just with bonus food?

Prey Slavery could be modified, but not in the way you're suggesting.

To explain: Prey Slaves - and the food income from them - are a specific job implemented in the mod, with the job weighting configured to take precedence over all over job types for eligible pops (that is, slaves in an empire with the policy active).

Now, I could lower the AI weighting for the Prey Slave job type, but this is going to create the opposite of the current situation, where slaves will only take the Prey Slave job and generate food income when there are no other jobs are available. This would let them perform other Worker-tier job types, but would make the Prey Slavery policy useless for any empire that isn't experiencing large-scale slave unemployment.

TL;DR: Allowing Prey Slaves to perform normal Worker jobs would mean the policy doesn't actually do anything for most players.

Edit: Looking through some of the modifiers I can use, it's possible that I could modify the weight of the prey slave job, and have the policy add food production to worker jobs while active. However, this won't make any distinction between slave and non-slave jobs, and it would have the same side effect I describe earlier, where players will only see prey slave jobs in overpopulated empires.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby InternIsla » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Apex Xenos 0.3.3 is now available, check here for download and changelog: https://gitgud.io/InternIsla/apex-xenos ... ses/v0.3.3
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby Darksteelrob » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:19 am

when will we likely see an update for 3.0 stellaris, if it is required
Darksteelrob
Been posting for a bit

Postby InternIsla » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:48 am

Darksteelrob wrote:when will we likely see an update for 3.0 stellaris, if it is required

I did some brief tests with 3.0.1, and there doesn't seem to be anything that requires an update.

If you want Stellaris to stop complaining that Apex is for an older version, though, you can download this release: https://gitgud.io/InternIsla/apex-xenos ... es/v0.3.3b
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby Darksteelrob » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:54 am

thanks
Darksteelrob
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game