Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V28A

Postby Aurilika » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:16 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Nother bug, I just found: the tooltip for monster armies says 48, but when viewing the actual army, we only see 32 units.

Okay, fixed it.
Koki wrote:The new healing display works! Unfortunately when units have mending and full health it now displays "miss".

Ah, I didn't think about that part when I tested it. Fixed it so that it doesn't show up at all if you're at full health
Zalaska wrote:Is there any chance of mercenary races having their own town sprites for if and when you have them repopulate a town you take over? I like to wipe out a couple towns to repopulate them with merc races (or use abandoned towns if the map is set up with them) so that it's easier to get the merc types you want rather than hoping they show up in the inns or mercenary camps.

Possibly, now that the race replace makes them more likely to appear as races. Right now there's just main empires, then 'generic monster race' and 'generic non-monster race'

28B released, fixed up some miscellaneous issues.

28B:
Bandit armies should now function as intended (I thought I had them not charge maintenance, but from the sounds of it, I think they were, and would vanish on their own almost immediately)
Fixed an oversight where the panthers outwear and accent clothing colors were not randomized, also fixed a separate issue where their inner color would often but not always be black.
Added a 'Strectchy Insides' trait that doubles their capacity.
The army Exchanger now has a button to exchange items between two armies, on an item by item basis.
Fixed an exception related to the right click menu.
Fixed mending heals displaying 'miss' on a unit already at max health.
Fixed the army unit display only showing at max 32 units when viewing monster armies
Belly rubs can now be performed on targets with prey in a specific breast (relevant to panthers and fairies)
Fixed the panther breast vore sizes not correctly adding in the base size, causing them to occasionally be smaller than normal.
Fixed Hippos having resilient instead of the new trait that was created for them, hard skin, also fixed their clothing discards not appearing.

Also, I have a patreon now, if you're interested in supporting my games. https://www.patreon.com/Aurilika
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V28B

Postby Aurilika » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:35 pm

V28C Released. A couple of bug fixes and some miscellaneous small features.

28C:
Added an undo feature to the map editor. Should allow undoing of anything that's a left click action (but not things like resizing the map)
Race editor now has 3 save presets, that you can switch between at the main menu. So you can maintain a few different race settings without having to modify it back and forth or move files around. (For example one for a special game you've got going, and one for general purpose)
Added a few miscellaneous basic traits to round out some common areas (extra ranged damage, reduced ranged damage, extra ranged attack, extra spell attack)
Added an option to load content settings from a saved game in the create strategic screen, to make it easier for scenario based maps to be distributed.
Some minor graphical tweaks for fairies.
Fixed a typo that would cause the Succubi to end up in shorts (That was not intended, as they didn't really fit right, and shorts were not intended to be present. )
Fixed a bug where the map editor would throw an exception when you tried to save if you had made the map bigger, should also fix instances where the map checker would incorrectly declare there was no path between villages.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V28C

Postby Marpatt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:20 am

So, loving Vore War (as per usual :D ) but I do have one suggestion for a feature. Vore War already has tons of customization and options, and although it'd be a pretty minor change, I'd love it if you could edit the descriptions of races that appears when you hover over them (click on a unit, top left-ish, over the name of the race, little paragraph of information about the race) It wouldn't really do much, but I think the option of actually writing down the headcanon I have for races would be a fun activity! Other than that suggestion, again, I've been loving this game :gulp:
Marpatt
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V28B

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Aurilika wrote:Added an undo feature to the map editor.

FINALLY! How many versions ago did I request this? XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Always great when a new version comes out!
Just a couple of minor bugs, the FastCaster trait has the same tooltip of ThoughSkin (the trait for the Hippos) and the trait AdaptiveTactics is spelled wrong (it says "AdapativeTactics")
carlj
Participator

Postby BigBellyVoreLuver » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:07 am

I am going to try to update the equine sprites soon. Are there any requests ideas or specific improvements that people would like to see ?
BigBellyVoreLuver
Been posting for a bit

Postby Koki » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 am

For sure, glad to see another update.

Honestly their head is what needs an update the most, it could look a bit less animal mascot-y. Possibly a few more clothing options, i like villagers having, well, villager clothing.

Did spot a bug though, stretchystomach functions as it should, but the hovering tooltip does not display the additional capacity.
Koki
New to the forum

Postby peteian » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:06 pm

BigBellyVoreLuver wrote:I am going to try to update the equine sprites soon. Are there any requests ideas or specific improvements that people would like to see ?

Any chance of getting sprites for a pony race? Though, I agree with the whole updating their heads thing.
Last edited by peteian on Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peteian
---

Postby Jidane » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Just downloaded the update and I really like all the new races added.
Any chance some of the ones listed under monster becoming actual player races? I know you can hire them as merchs every now and then, but having them as a proper squad with leader ect would be cool.

Other than that, keep up the great work!
Jidane
Artist

Postby Aurilika » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:23 am

Marpatt wrote:So, loving Vore War (as per usual :D ) but I do have one suggestion for a feature. Vore War already has tons of customization and options, and although it'd be a pretty minor change, I'd love it if you could edit the descriptions of races that appears when you hover over them (click on a unit, top left-ish, over the name of the race, little paragraph of information about the race) It wouldn't really do much, but I think the option of actually writing down the headcanon I have for races would be a fun activity! Other than that suggestion, again, I've been loving this game :gulp:

Well, that would enable people to fill in race text for the races that don't have any, I might stick that in, though it might end up as an out of game thing to edit (like a custom text file)

Turbotowns wrote:FINALLY! How many versions ago did I request this? XD

Honestly I thought it would be kind of a mess to program

carlj wrote:Always great when a new version comes out!
Just a couple of minor bugs, the FastCaster trait has the same tooltip of ThoughSkin (the trait for the Hippos) and the trait AdaptiveTactics is spelled wrong (it says "AdapativeTactics")

Will get both of those fixed.

Koki wrote:Did spot a bug though, stretchystomach functions as it should, but the hovering tooltip does not display the additional capacity.

Will get that corrected as well.

Jidane wrote:Just downloaded the update and I really like all the new races added.
Any chance some of the ones listed under monster becoming actual player races? I know you can hire them as merchs every now and then, but having them as a proper squad with leader ect would be cool.

Other than that, keep up the great work!

Well, you can sort of do that by using the cheat menu to replace one of the standard races with one of those races, though they just have a generic village sprite, and it's worth nothing some of them will be quite a bit more powerful than the average race.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:44 am

It's a little annoying, how we can fullscreen, but we can't change it back to windowed mode without quitting out completely(unless we can and I just don't know how, F11 certainly didn't work at least).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also... Given the existence of the new races in the south, I've opened up the south valleys a bit on my map.
Turbo8.zip
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

That undo came in real handy immediately. XD

Also also... looking back to check how many times the old version of my map has been downloaded, I noticed when you posted the latest version...
Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Also, was my turn order saving suggestion ever considered?

ALSO! Getting the prompt that villages are blocked when dealing with maps... BUT GETTING AN OPTION TO FINISH EDITING ANYWAY!
So that we can block off single villages or entire civs when editing if we wanted to(at least temporarily).

I forget, which one was the turn order saving?

Ah, I'll add that to the list of things to be fixed. AI might behave in unexpected ways, or possibly even throw exceptions if villages are impossible to ever reach.

Both of these were suggestions, but I think you took the second one as a bug report(also#3, for that 1st bit, "I" don't remember, what do you mean "which one", the one about including the turn order in with the save settings for create strategic(it's the only thing that isn't saved yet)), I guess I DID word it a bit weirdly. XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the fuck?! When I loaded the game, not only was it not paused(I paused it before saving and quitting), but the banner scale dropped to 0(I have it at full normally)! THIS is a bug report. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Koki » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Hey again. I have some more thoughts as i've played with this.
Resurrection sometimes bugs out in a minor way, where the reticle around the unit does not display for resurrected units that indicates which side they are on and if they have mp remaining.

Gatemaw (and my guess probably maw too) have a right click menu option which essentially allows you to do adjacent vore at range. Not sure if this is intended or not, since it seems like in most cases, using gatemaw normally (shift clicking on an area) has terrible percent chances even against softened targets, even with 30ish mind, where the right click menu has the standard vore chance.

Features I think would be good to work on:
The end of battle report could use a very important piece of information - who the defenders were. I play with higher speeds and without the camera panning to battle sights, since that takes up time in the large scale total war sized campaign I do. Around mid game when I have a lot of settlements, I have to guess where the battle took place based on the species of the defenders.
To do that, I think it would be nice if we could name our armies. Even if it's a generic "Army 1, Army 2," etc, with the option to rename them. So that way if the defenders were a garrison, it could just be "Garrison - {Village Name}", and if it's an army, it's "Defenders - {empireName} Army 1".

Tied in with that, it'd be nice to have a find feature within the vein of Eu4's province finder. Just ctrl-f, as you type it provides a list of matching villages that begin with the characters entered. Then hitting enter or selecting 'goto' or something pans the camera instantly there. This is probably a bit much to ask for, but I figured i'd see what you thought about it.

Another UI change that I think is not too difficult is for events. When events fire, more often than not they are centered on a specific village, and will change things about them that could cross important thresholds, such as a happiness hit that goes to revolt levels. At present, you have no way of knowing that information or being able to check that, since the event screen takes up the whole screen. It'd be nice if the event screen displays not only gold, but also that information, such as "Empire: empireName, Species: race, Garrison: x, Population: y, Happiness, z". Naturally, it'd only give you happiness/garrison size if it's owned by you or your allies.

Something that I find a bit nettlesome is that during tactical, if you're doing any kind of mode of attack, like melee/ranged/spells, the only way to get out of that menu is to move or hit n. It'd be nice if we could just select another unit of our choosing by clicking on another unit with mp to get out of that mode. Maybe there's a way of doing that already? I'm uncertain.

Hope some of this feedback helps. I may try to play with the UI stuff, but it's much less intuitive to me than playing around with minor edits to the code.
Koki
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:04 am

Turbotowns wrote:It's a little annoying, how we can fullscreen, but we can't change it back to windowed mode without quitting out completely(unless we can and I just don't know how, F11 certainly didn't work at least).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also... Given the existence of the new races in the south, I've opened up the south valleys a bit on my map.
The attachment Turbo8.zip is no longer available

That undo came in real handy immediately. XD

Also also... looking back to check how many times the old version of my map has been downloaded, I noticed when you posted the latest version...

Both of these were suggestions, but I think you took the second one as a bug report(also#3, for that 1st bit, "I" don't remember, what do you mean "which one", the one about including the turn order in with the save settings for create strategic(it's the only thing that isn't saved yet)), I guess I DID word it a bit weirdly. XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the fuck?! When I loaded the game, not only was it not paused(I paused it before saving and quitting), but the banner scale dropped to 0(I have it at full normally)! THIS is a bug report. XD

The usual windows shortcut of alt-enter takes you in and out of fullscreen.

That's the part that confuses me. Turn order is saved along with everything else, and has been for quite some time, I just tested it and it worked fine. I'm not quite sure what's causing issues on your end.

Well, it doesn't save pausing. Banner scale is independent of saved games, and stored on the options level, so it's likely you accidentally hit the change banner size hotkey of F2. (That's one of those things I really don't remember putting in there)

Koki wrote:Hey again. I have some more thoughts as i've played with this.
Resurrection sometimes bugs out in a minor way, where the reticle around the unit does not display for resurrected units that indicates which side they are on and if they have mp remaining.

Gatemaw (and my guess probably maw too) have a right click menu option which essentially allows you to do adjacent vore at range. Not sure if this is intended or not, since it seems like in most cases, using gatemaw normally (shift clicking on an area) has terrible percent chances even against softened targets, even with 30ish mind, where the right click menu has the standard vore chance.

Features I think would be good to work on:
The end of battle report could use a very important piece of information - who the defenders were. I play with higher speeds and without the camera panning to battle sights, since that takes up time in the large scale total war sized campaign I do. Around mid game when I have a lot of settlements, I have to guess where the battle took place based on the species of the defenders.
To do that, I think it would be nice if we could name our armies. Even if it's a generic "Army 1, Army 2," etc, with the option to rename them. So that way if the defenders were a garrison, it could just be "Garrison - {Village Name}", and if it's an army, it's "Defenders - {empireName} Army 1".

Tied in with that, it'd be nice to have a find feature within the vein of Eu4's province finder. Just ctrl-f, as you type it provides a list of matching villages that begin with the characters entered. Then hitting enter or selecting 'goto' or something pans the camera instantly there. This is probably a bit much to ask for, but I figured i'd see what you thought about it.

Another UI change that I think is not too difficult is for events. When events fire, more often than not they are centered on a specific village, and will change things about them that could cross important thresholds, such as a happiness hit that goes to revolt levels. At present, you have no way of knowing that information or being able to check that, since the event screen takes up the whole screen. It'd be nice if the event screen displays not only gold, but also that information, such as "Empire: empireName, Species: race, Garrison: x, Population: y, Happiness, z". Naturally, it'd only give you happiness/garrison size if it's owned by you or your allies.

Something that I find a bit nettlesome is that during tactical, if you're doing any kind of mode of attack, like melee/ranged/spells, the only way to get out of that menu is to move or hit n. It'd be nice if we could just select another unit of our choosing by clicking on another unit with mp to get out of that mode. Maybe there's a way of doing that already? I'm uncertain.

Hope some of this feedback helps. I may try to play with the UI stuff, but it's much less intuitive to me than playing around with minor edits to the code.

Will check into that resurrection bug.

Note sure what you mean with that gatemaw part. Giving a unit the gatemaw spell doesn't seem to enable vore attacks they couldn't normally do.
gate maw.jpg
gate maw.jpg (22.9 KiB) Viewed 1863 times

Okay, I've improved the battle report info, and added army names.

Added a quick village finder. it just centers the camera on the village.

Added information about villages to events where it's relevant (though I may have missed some)

As for tactical mode, there's the cancel hotkey, which defaults to the space bar, to cancel actions.

So, that's all ready for the next patch, which will be another smaller patch that I may end up releasing tomorrow.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheFetishBeast » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:05 am

Hey, question out of pure curiosity. All those traits that cause a unit to become bigger (Large, Huge, Colossal and Titanic). Are you aware that the effects of those traits stack? Yeah, if you give a unit all of these traits then the unit can become bigger than the field and its stats will absolutely skyrocket. Just checking if you're aware of this. Also, I haven't tried it but I'd assume it's the same for the traits that cause a unit to shrink.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Koki » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Oh okay, I assumed that the right click option was not intended for a spell like gatemaw, since it's an AoE spell, not single target. Also glad to know that's how you cancel, i'm sure it's in the tutorial, i must have missed that.
Thanks for addressing the other concerns though! That all will be quite helpful.
Koki
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Usual windows shortcut... I knew of F11, not alt-enter... that's... interesting.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:28 am

TheFetishBeast wrote:Hey, question out of pure curiosity. All those traits that cause a unit to become bigger (Large, Huge, Colossal and Titanic). Are you aware that the effects of those traits stack? Yeah, if you give a unit all of these traits then the unit can become bigger than the field and its stats will absolutely skyrocket. Just checking if you're aware of this. Also, I haven't tried it but I'd assume it's the same for the traits that cause a unit to shrink.

Yeah, that's somewhat intentional that they stack. It allows you to make various combinations, and multiple of them somewhat breaks things visually, but some people like that.

Koki wrote:Oh okay, I assumed that the right click option was not intended for a spell like gatemaw, since it's an AoE spell, not single target. Also glad to know that's how you cancel, i'm sure it's in the tutorial, i must have missed that.
Thanks for addressing the other concerns though! That all will be quite helpful.

Well, if you use an aoe on a target that way, it just casts the spell centered on the target.

Turbotowns wrote:Usual windows shortcut... I knew of F11, not alt-enter... that's... interesting.

I looked it up later on, and I think games have tended to use alt-enter as a full screen shortcut as something you wouldn't accidentally press, but I guess f11 is windows' default key.

28D released.

28D:
Added the salamanders as a monster race.
Armies now have names, and generate a random name when created, using the armynames.txt. There are unique names that can be picked randomly, or a base army name 'type' for races, that gets variations based on randomness and the village it was created in. Races that don't have even the base army name specified will get an even more generic version, that's simply numbered with the race.
There are now 20 custom banner slots instead of just one. You can put them in UserData/Banners, and name them 1 to 20. It accepts either .png files or .jpg files. .png supports transparency but .jpg doesn't. It will scale it so that it fits inside of one tile, and uses the exact colors of the supplied image.
Events should now give you a little bit of information about relevant villages, if they apply. (If it doesn't have any effect, or only generates a unit for it, it won't show the village info, but if it affects it, it should show)
Can now use ctrl-f to search for a specific village by name. It will tell you how many villages match the query before you click (so that you know if you're being specific enough to catch only the village you intend), and will center the screen on the first match.
Added army names, which show up in tooltips, the army view, and the stats screen. Can be changed manually by clicking on it in the army screen, but otherwise will generate unique (though basic) names.
Fixed units that were brought back to life during battle missing some of their graphical UI elements. (level text / the alliance square)
Fixed a bug where hireable units without a weapon that were assigned a weapon would be duplicated when participating in a defense battle.
Fixed an issue where a hirable unit could possibly be deleted when hiring from a village at low population.
Waist types, and all other clothing types are now properly copied by the copy clothing type optioon, instead of only main clothing.
Corrected the tooltip for fast caster.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V28D

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:40 am

Yeah, no. For some reason the turn order refuses to save. I don't know what I could give you so that you can figure it out...

Also, it DOES usually save whether it's paused or not, when updating unit sizes, I frequently pause, edit, save, load, unpause(every unit is an empty square until I unpause, the same happens if I try to pause while a match is loading, once it loads, the game is paused and all the units are empty squares until I resume).

And finally... so did you catch my map editor request?

Oh! Right! Why isn't fireball a possible extra innate spell?
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V28D

Postby Aurilika » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Yeah, no. For some reason the turn order refuses to save. I don't know what I could give you so that you can figure it out...

Also, it DOES usually save whether it's paused or not, when updating unit sizes, I frequently pause, edit, save, load, unpause(every unit is an empty square until I unpause, the same happens if I try to pause while a match is loading, once it loads, the game is paused and all the units are empty squares until I resume).

And finally... so did you catch my map editor request?

Oh! Right! Why isn't fireball a possible extra innate spell?

So when you load a setting, are all of the turn order values set to 0? That's what would happen if the data wasn't saved.

I did catch your map editor request, sorry for scanning over it. I'm not sure what I want to do with that. It should be pretty easy to just make some temporary land if you're not finished making a map, but allowing it to actually save would mean that I'd need to check a map to make sure it's valid when you load it, so if you chose a map in create strategic it would say "this isn't a valid map." I feel like that's introducing other issues to make it easier to save.

The fireball (and the none) actually went off the top of the screen, so I adjusted the dropdown so that it properly fits on the screen.

28E released, fixed a bug where tactical games were not able to be created due to the army naming system throwing an exception for pure tactical games

28E:
Changed the innate spell list in the race editor so that the dropdown properly fits on the screen.
Fixed tactical games being unable to be created (an error related to the army names)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V28E

Postby BepisBepis » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:15 am

Been having a lot of fun with the game so far. InfiniteAssimilate is actually a super fun trait to mess with in longer games, along with smaller army sizes. Gets some characters seeming special with 'unusual' traits gained from enemies. Speaking of, I don't know if it's planned or talked about or not but I want to suggest a 'random' trait to add to races and let units each end up different. I can't exactly claim to know if the engine would allow this, but if I were to do that I'd probably say have a 'random' trait in the race editor to add to races and have it function so when a new unit is generated have that trait replace itself from the rest of the pool of traits. It would probably fit well with how many traits seem to be unused and how a few of those just raise stats.
BepisBepis
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game