Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V08B

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Aurilika wrote:V08C was released a few hours ago. I guess I should actually post that as a message instead of only editing the main post.

Turbotowns wrote:Maybe make the message toggle-able as well, I know that constantly having to click out of a window at the start of every turn would drive me up a wall. XD

Maybe the better solution is to just have them cancel if there's an enemy within 3 tiles?

That'll work! Another thing from sid meiers... I believe... (Do your units stop moving if they see an enemy that your at war with/a barbarian? I usually play peacefully, and with barbarians off. XD )
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V08C

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Aurilika wrote:
SilhouettiShine wrote:Thank goodness i tried the new build. Thing is that when i checked the town while playing as a bunny, it never said anything about how many bunny citizens they have.
And whenever i hover my mouse over the unit, some units automatically paused the game instead of having to show the stats. Which is frustrating, because i have to rely on the N key to select my units instead of manually clicking it.

On the side note, i can't beat an AI with ""Full Power' settings. They have like a fat stack of 10 - 16 units that wiped me out of the map. xD

First issue is the length of the word bunnies being too long and getting cut off, I've got that fixed for the next version.

As for the pausing issue, that's really weird, the only way to pause the game should be pressing the pause button, which defaults to p. The only thing I can think of is that the pause button got rebound on your computer somehow, try checking the input tab in the unity launcher the next time you start the game. If you keep having problems I can just add a 'game is pauseable' menu option to keep it from being accidentally triggered.

lol Never heard of a pause function being optional before! XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:04 am

Visual bug: when you load an AI game, the information at the top of the screen is missing, and I can't see the village info in full like when I'm the active player(looking at my own), and instead just shows the village name, owner race, origin race, and army size(In none,small,medium,large,huge), like when I'm the active player(looking at other villages).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Version 08D released:

There is a current known issue where the long distance pathfinder in the strategic mode doesn't always choose the most optimal path, this should be fixed in the next version.

08D:
If you use movement mode to move to a far away destination, it will now move there over multiple turns. If you hover over an army and it shows a path, it has a queued path. You can select the army and press the movement mode key to cancel its path, it will also cancel if there's an army within 3 tiles at the start of the turn.
Added a unit advanced command display. The only thing in it right now is Surrrendering, which gives all enemy units a 100% chance to be able to eat it, also drains its MP, makes it turn slightly reddish. There may be situations in which this is to your advantage.
Enter is now the next turn hotkey, if you find yourself pressing it on accident, you can rebind it.
Damage numbers for attacks, misses, and digestion healing (note that the healing numbers only show up if you're not at full health) - Note that there is still the option to go back to simply flashing red on damage.
Non predators don't have voracity/stomach stats now, as they are irrelevant
Minor UI fixes for incorrectly displayed text
Fixed bug where the status bar would not display properly when loading an All AI game.
Fixed bug in strategic pathfinder that could lead to extra movement under certain circumstances
Fixed issue with legacy AI where it didn't spend accumulated levelups
Fixed a bug where if you saved during a battle (this includes autosave), and then saved later on not during a battle in the same session, when you loaded, the game would think you're supposed to still be in a battle and bring up the last turn of that battle.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V08D

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Is it just me. Or has the mouse over and click setup become really unreliable? I seem to have trouble getting mouse over information on some of my people at random, also i cant click to select them and have to Next through the team to make them take their turn.
darkevilme
---

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Minor thing, I noticed it a while ago, but forgot to mention it, during tactical mode, you can't move units onto the border tiles, the ones that the blackness touches, but the AI can move onto them(including the run AI button), and if you try to control them if their on one, you can't select them, to control them... OR attack them. But running AI while out of range will force them back into the playing field.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Okay, new bug I've found, I was running a pure tactical game, completely without AI, pvp, though I hit run AI on the first turn, I changed my mind, so I hit escape and went to the main menu to start a new game, but once I started it the AI immediately started moving my girls and the square highlighting the girl I selected before hitting run ai, was still on the field.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:38 pm

darkevilme wrote:Is it just me. Or has the mouse over and click setup become really unreliable? I seem to have trouble getting mouse over information on some of my people at random, also i cant click to select them and have to Next through the team to make them take their turn.

I haven't experienced this, but I'll do some testing and look through the code for any potential issues.

Turbotowns wrote:Minor thing, I noticed it a while ago, but forgot to mention it, during tactical mode, you can't move units onto the border tiles, the ones that the blackness touches, but the AI can move onto them(including the run AI button), and if you try to control them if their on one, you can't select them, to control them... OR attack them. But running AI while out of range will force them back into the playing field.

Turbotowns wrote:Okay, new bug I've found, I was running a pure tactical game, completely without AI, pvp, though I hit run AI on the first turn, I changed my mind, so I hit escape and went to the main menu to start a new game, but once I started it the AI immediately started moving my girls and the square highlighting the girl I selected before hitting run ai, was still on the field.

I'll fix these issues for the next version.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:07 pm

I've been experiencing some problems with my armies too, though the details are a bit vague this time... meanwhile, an idea: when a unit is in surrendering mode, the enemy units start agro-ing onto it, basically as if it used "taunt", and, maybe, ALLIES are able to eat them as well, like cause with the agro all the enemy melee units will pursue the surrendering one with no regard for the surrounding units, allowing you to more easily surround them and eating your surrendering ally yourself denies the enemy any possible regeneration(maybe they'll regurgitate after a few turns, or at the end of battle, or... heh heh heh... never... team cannibalism's pretty hot, which brings me to another suggestion... finally add the ability to turn off auto-regurgitation when an ally escapes an enemy belly while that enemy is in an ally's belly).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I've been experiencing some problems with my armies too, though the details are a bit vague this time... meanwhile, an idea: when a unit is in surrendering mode, the enemy units start agro-ing onto it, basically as if it used "taunt", and, maybe, ALLIES are able to eat them as well, like cause with the agro all the enemy melee units will pursue the surrendering one with no regard for the surrounding units, allowing you to more easily surround them and eating your surrendering ally yourself denies the enemy any possible regeneration(maybe they'll regurgitate after a few turns, or at the end of battle, or... heh heh heh... never... team cannibalism's pretty hot, which brings me to another suggestion... finally add the ability to turn off auto-regurgitation when an ally escapes an enemy belly while that enemy is in an ally's belly).

As it is now, any enemy unit in range will automatically move to and eat the unit on its first turn. In Legacy it's any unit within 8 units of actual distance (less on diagonals), regardless of any units in the way or movement points. That's actually extremely powerful in legacy now that I think about it (but legacy is supposed to be easier, so it's fine). I'm not sure how to work in allies trying, other than just random chance, since the entire enemy team gets to move before any of your team would, unless they just act instantly after you hit the button. Turning off the regurgitation will be pretty easy, because it's always been an option in the code since I added it (back before it was public), so all I have to do is make a checkbox somewhere for it. I'll probably make it stored on a game by game basis, rather than an across all saves option.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:50 pm

I meant maybe giving it an enemy tag so that you can MANUALLY eat them(cause of course it'll be player, since the AI ain't gonna use the surrender option.)(Maybe so that I could feed most of an army to one or a few of it's own members?), Also maybe visually disable the equipment, so that the surrendering unit LOOKS like they don't have a weapon(which would make sense).
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:43 pm

While i'm playing the new build, it looks pretty solid so far. Haven't encountered any bugs lately (Not yet tho)

But there's a little problem. How can we tell which turn is which?. Like an example of Player Vs Player Battle: "Dogs Vs Wolves" and it highlights whenever their turn is up.
Like, Dogs are Attackers and Wolves are Defenders. If they're not their turn, the defenders or Attackers have a darker color of it. If it is their turn, then it would have a lighter color.
Otherwise, if either of the sides are AI, then it would have an "AI" title on the top of the name.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:24 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I meant maybe giving it an enemy tag so that you can MANUALLY eat them(cause of course it'll be player, since the AI ain't gonna use the surrender option.)(Maybe so that I could feed most of an army to one or a few of it's own members?), Also maybe visually disable the equipment, so that the surrendering unit LOOKS like they don't have a weapon(which would make sense).

Ah, I misread your post. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, I mean when your species is fighting for their very survival, sometimes the ends justify the means. Yeah, hiding their equipment is probably a good idea as well (I have to reprocess them anyway to do that 20% red tint I use to identify them). Right now they can still fight their way out of a stomach normally as well, but it probably makes more sense to disable that as well.

SilhouettiShine wrote:While i'm playing the new build, it looks pretty solid so far. Haven't encountered any bugs lately (Not yet tho)

But there's a little problem. How can we tell which turn is which?. Like an example of Player Vs Player Battle: "Dogs Vs Wolves" and it highlights whenever their turn is up.
Like, Dogs are Attackers and Wolves are Defenders. If they're not their turn, the defenders or Attackers have a darker color of it. If it is their turn, then it would have a lighter color.
Otherwise, if either of the sides are AI, then it would have an "AI" title on the top of the name.

I can definitely put a thing on there to make it more clear who is fighting and whose turn it is. I'm also considering using the colored squares I put on there to make it easier to tell whose units belong to who show you who can still move (have them be bright if they haven't moved yet, and the current dim setting if they have moved, or it's not their turn.)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:04 am

Aurilika wrote:I can definitely put a thing on there to make it more clear who is fighting and whose turn it is. I'm also considering using the colored squares I put on there to make it easier to tell whose units belong to who show you who can still move (have them be bright if they haven't moved yet, and the current dim setting if they have moved, or it's not their turn.)

That seems to be a good idea! Now it definitely tells which is which ❤
Well, i think the same bug i have in my edited comment still there in the current build. This bug was reported in the previous build where the "Can vore" option was implemented.
If you have "Can vore" disabled in Legacy Tactical AI, the AI won't move at all, softlocks the game.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:18 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:...Well, i think the same bug i have in my edited comment still there in the current build. This bug was reported in the previous build where the "Can vore" option was implemented.
If you have "Can vore" disabled in Legacy Tactical AI, the AI won't move at all, softlocks the game.

My apologies, I missed seeing the edit in that post. I've got this fixed for the next version now.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TeamFortress2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:20 am

I don't know if it is already somewhere in the post since I haven't checked every reply, but something I really wanted in the original game was some sort of "Battle creator". Where you could customize the enemy soldiers and your own. (You are able to choose the stats of every single soldier both friendly and enemy, you would be able to choose every soldiers weapon and you would be able to choose how many soldiers both teams have)

Is what I originaly said, however, when I started up the game, I saw that a very simular feature was actually already in the game. Not as customisable as I explained above, but it is good enough for me.
Last edited by TeamFortress2 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:42 am

TeamFortress2 wrote:I don't know if it is already somewhere in the post since I haven't checked every reply, but something I really wanted in the original game was some sort of "Battle creator". Where you could customize the enemy soldiers and your own. (You are able to choose the stats of every single soldier both friendly and enemy, you would be able to choose every soldiers weapon and you would be able to choose how many soldiers both teams have)

In that said game (Vore War), you can customize the soldiers via colors and hairstyle, but i'm not sure about clothing or any type of advance customization. Either that, or wait until the author of the post to reply back to you, and see what they think about it.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:42 am

I think I remember reading somewhere on the first post that some races you had in mind were demihumans(Typical monster girls, like lamias, harpies, ect.)?
Well, if it's alright, I'm in the middle of editing the first 3 sprites to create a slimegirl race, their bodies will be all goopy, and their legs will be a single
goo mound, and they won't have any ears or tail, or a "skin color", if possible, maybe the accessory color(what would normally be for ears and tail), would determine their body color, while their hair and eyes will remain determined by hair color. They will be opaque like everyone else, as not all slimes are transparent.
Turbotowns
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:30 am

I'd also be willing to try and pitch in with some new race sprites. I want to make some lizard girls, the question is if you'd be okay with anthros, because while I would be perfectly capable of making lizard demis, I would much rather make full blown lizard people.

On terms of the anthro lizards, I kind of intend for to design them to not have any hair, so I suppose you it would need to be possible for a race to just not have hair if it isn't already, or possibly use different hairs.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nnnddt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:38 am

Hello guys,
Don't know if we can do it actually, but iwould like to see a possibility for mix some of my batalions ( like i've 6 soldiers in one, and 10 in another, i would like to be able to fuse these batalions, or divide them).
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game