Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V36B

Postby bahamut24 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:48 pm

mac link in front page isnt working
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby Soroxas77 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:40 pm

I just wish there were centauresses
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 pm

LostSoul13 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I noticed something a bit odd happening as I started reaching the late game where adventurers are spawning with significantly more EXP than some of the highest level units on the map (Myself and my allies having around 5300 EXP units and adventurers are spawning with around 7500 EXP).

Yeah, I don't think that shouldn't ever be higher than any existing units, so I guess that might be a bug (unless there's a few really high exp units hiding somewhere)

bahamut24 wrote:mac link in front page isnt working

Do you mean that it doesn't download or doesn't run, because the download link seems to be working fine.

V37 released, a couple new races and some bug fixes.

37:
Added the deer race as a main empire race, created by Micadi.
Added the Schiwardez race as a monster race, they're kind of lizard like, and are by HarryS.
Added an option to desaturate snow/desert tilesets to make them less blinding to the photosensitive. It does require a game restart after changing them, but it's not something people are likely to switch back and forth often.
Fixed a bug that was likely preventing the AI from returning villages to their allies when they re-captured them.
Fixed the sliders in the create tactical screen so that they support the the 'right click to type in the value' option like the other sliders.
Fixed an issue with an event that would make a hostile empire allies with you, but not change the relations so the alliance would usually last 1 turn.
Fixed a bug where if a summoned unit was forcibly switched sides, it would no longer disappear at the end of battle.
The resurrect spell will no longer try to resurrect summoned monsters. (I could have just made them low priority, but then figured it's probably an okay restriction to have, since the times you'd actually want to do that would be almost never.)
Several miscellanous ui text fixes.
Fixed a bug with the checking for new monster races that could sometimes result in an exception.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V37

Postby ObsidianSnake » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Excellent! I just happened to check the Schiwardez and I can't quite explain it, but I think there's an offset problem with the sub-parts of the sprite. Can anybody else give them a test to confirm?

Edit: For the deer, most options on "Extra Clothing 1" remove genitals for the male body type specifically. (Maybe the tassels are so distracting that I'm no longer able to see their junk...?)
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:23 pm

ObsidianSnake wrote:Excellent! I just happened to check the Schiwardez and I can't quite explain it, but I think there's an offset problem with the sub-parts of the sprite. Can anybody else give them a test to confirm?

Edit: For the deer, most options on "Extra Clothing 1" remove genitals for the male body type specifically. (Maybe the tassels are so distracting that I'm no longer able to see their junk...?)

Yeah, I think there is an issue with the Schiwardez so it will be looked into. The deer bug will also be fixed, so there will probably be another patch this weekend.

Also, was going to post this today so might as well post it now.

(I'm posting the same version of this for both games for simplicity, rather than having two slightly different versions)

So I'll just say it straight out first, I'm going to stop updating both games by the end of this year.

Some of you might have expected this would eventually happen. A few years back, in August 2019, I had completely burned out on Vore War. At that point I said I'd basically work to get any sprites that were under way into the game and maybe some other minor things, and eventually stop. No one really seemed interested in taking up the project so I just kept working on it a little, and focused most of my effort on Unbridled Hedonism. Eventually a new spriter started making sprites and I just went along with it.

So meanwhile, progress was going along fairly well with UH, until March of this year. I ran a poll to see what direction people wanted the game to head while I worked on some bug fixes. I started work on the next patch a little bit and then things just seized up. I kept telling myself it was just a temporary blip and I'd get through it, and that's why I really believed the patch would come out in June, then July. Now it's September, and I'm honestly embarrassed to say how little time I've actually spent working on code/content for this patch. I really had a lot of ideas and was excited to bring them to life, but it's just not happening. I'll make time, and when the time comes I always seem to find a reasonable excuse to not work on it then.

Faced with this, I've spent the last couple weeks thinking about this. I've always disliked when developers keep the hope alive when very little is happening, and I've hit that point myself. So for Unbridled Hedonism, I plan to put more effort into completing what will likely be the final patch from my hands, and put up whatever I've got at some point next month. (I did actually make some decent progress after I wrote this a couple days ago, so maybe I'll be able to get more done with the pressure removed.) It would still get bug fixes after that. For Vore War, I'll still do some minimal things, plus add any races the main spriters create for a period of time, because I don't want to waste current efforts with half completed sprites. This time though, I'm setting a solid deadline of the end of the year. I'd still do bug fixes for a short time after that if something major pops up, but no more features or races after that.

In the end, I don't regret my time working on these two vore games, but it's time for me to move on. Part of it is just wanting to work on other projects, part of it is that I've just felt low on horny energy lately (which is kind of an important thing for working on these types of games). Part of it is just being stressed out by life events and current events (which probably also contributes to the low horny energy). It's possible at some point in the future I might come back to one or both of these games, but don't hold your breath for it. Hopefully there might be someone who wants to continue working on one of these games, but either way, my last versions will still be available to download.

I'll still be around in the community, so I'll be able to answer questions about the game or code for various parties, as well.

Also, it looks as though Vore war will still be getting some updates without me as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rikku159 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:32 am

*Salutes*
Rikku159
New to the forum

Postby carlj » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:17 am

Aurilika wrote:Also, was going to post this today so might as well post it now.

(I'm posting the same version of this for both games for simplicity, rather than having two slightly different versions)

So I'll just say it straight out first, I'm going to stop updating both games by the end of this year.

Some of you might have expected this would eventually happen. A few years back, in August 2019, I had completely burned out on Vore War. At that point I said I'd basically work to get any sprites that were under way into the game and maybe some other minor things, and eventually stop. No one really seemed interested in taking up the project so I just kept working on it a little, and focused most of my effort on Unbridled Hedonism. Eventually a new spriter started making sprites and I just went along with it.

So meanwhile, progress was going along fairly well with UH, until March of this year. I ran a poll to see what direction people wanted the game to head while I worked on some bug fixes. I started work on the next patch a little bit and then things just seized up. I kept telling myself it was just a temporary blip and I'd get through it, and that's why I really believed the patch would come out in June, then July. Now it's September, and I'm honestly embarrassed to say how little time I've actually spent working on code/content for this patch. I really had a lot of ideas and was excited to bring them to life, but it's just not happening. I'll make time, and when the time comes I always seem to find a reasonable excuse to not work on it then.

Faced with this, I've spent the last couple weeks thinking about this. I've always disliked when developers keep the hope alive when very little is happening, and I've hit that point myself. So for Unbridled Hedonism, I plan to put more effort into completing what will likely be the final patch from my hands, and put up whatever I've got at some point next month. (I did actually make some decent progress after I wrote this a couple days ago, so maybe I'll be able to get more done with the pressure removed.) It would still get bug fixes after that. For Vore War, I'll still do some minimal things, plus add any races the main spriters create for a period of time, because I don't want to waste current efforts with half completed sprites. This time though, I'm setting a solid deadline of the end of the year. I'd still do bug fixes for a short time after that if something major pops up, but no more features or races after that.

In the end, I don't regret my time working on these two vore games, but it's time for me to move on. Part of it is just wanting to work on other projects, part of it is that I've just felt low on horny energy lately (which is kind of an important thing for working on these types of games). Part of it is just being stressed out by life events and current events (which probably also contributes to the low horny energy). It's possible at some point in the future I might come back to one or both of these games, but don't hold your breath for it. Hopefully there might be someone who wants to continue working on one of these games, but either way, my last versions will still be available to download.

I'll still be around in the community, so I'll be able to answer questions about the game or code for various parties, as well.

Also, it looks as though Vore war will still be getting some updates without me as well.

It's understandable, you have worked your ass off on two fantastic games basically by yourself. Vore War is probably the best and biggest vore game on this site and it's all thanks to you.
Thank you again for your hard work and while the chances of you coming back to those games afterward are slim, i'll keep my hopes up for either your return or someone just as talented as you to take over.
Take care of yourself and big love from Italy ^^
carlj
Participator

Postby CoinToast » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Aurilika wrote:
ObsidianSnake wrote:Excellent! I just happened to check the Schiwardez and I can't quite explain it, but I think there's an offset problem with the sub-parts of the sprite. Can anybody else give them a test to confirm?

Yeah, I think there is an issue with the Schiwardez so it will be looked into. The deer bug will also be fixed, so there will probably be another patch this weekend.

Also, was going to post this today so might as well post it now.

You have done more than most, and we couldn't ask for more. Thank you for dedicating dozens if not hundreds of hours for such a small audience. Thank you for what you have given us for free, and thank you for giving notice that both projects will be finished until further notice.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby gigaredpanther » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Yeah, as someone with motivation issues and with the state of, well, things in general, I understand completely. I may not have commented here much, but know that I played this for far more time than I ever expected.

Maybe someone will come along and make a fork of this project. But even if that doesn't happen, this game has still achieved one of the largest scales of any 'vore game project' out there. For real, thanks for everything!
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:21 pm

Thank you for the kind words, everyone.

Just a heads up, it seems likely that work will continue to some extent after I'm done, even if just new races (which if we're honest, is pretty much mostly what I was doing at this point anyway)

Fixed a couple bugs and recieved an update from Scarabyte, so including that in this patch. It's possible that there may be errors from the merging, so let me know if something doesn't work right. Using the added gender options may cause graphical issues in some places, but if they end up causing many exceptions I may roll back that change.

37A:
Received an update to the existing KuroTenko mod from Scarabyte
Been tinkering with some more suggestions, specifically allowing herms with vaginas and herms with penises to exist in the same game, which sort of took the form of completely new gender options.
Added actions to forcibly take prey or suckle from opposing BV/CV preds
Tidied up the gender and other appearence menus in the content settings
Added every KT command including the new ones to the right click menu
Added a condition so that vore commands are disabled in the right click menu if the selected unit doesn't have room to actually consume the target
Fixed the other KT options to grey out when KT as a whole is disabled
Fixed a typo on one line that just had an extra pronoun on the end for no reason
Adjusted AP cost of Transfer so you should no longer be able to attempt them 4 times a turn under certain conditions
Fixed some minor sprite issues with the deer and the schiwardez.
Fixed a couple minor exceptions.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V37A

Postby Aurilika » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:47 pm

37B released. A new race and fixing some bugs.

37B:
Added the terrorbird monster race, created by Micadi.
Shifted the portrait location in the unit editor panel so that it should avoid going under UI elements as often.
Fixed a bug where the KuroTenko commands on the right click menu would cause an exception if the current unit wasn't a predator.
Fixed a bug where this could sometimes cause an exception even if KuroTenko was disabled.
Fixed some other misc exceptions.
Fixed a bug where disabling the predator flag in the create pure tactical screen wouldn't correctly cause them to spawn as prey (I think this was a more recent bug as the result of another fix)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:04 pm

Think you could finish improving some of the old races sprites with basic animations? Like, let's say humans when breast voring actually have their breasts grow a lot bigger like with bee/panters/fairies races?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Souls6 wrote:Think you could finish improving some of the old races sprites with basic animations? Like, let's say humans when breast voring actually have their breasts grow a lot bigger like with bee/panters/fairies races?

A rework of the old sprites is coming. Development is still being worked on by a few very talented people and that is one thing of many in the works.
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:06 pm

I found a softlock while messing around in a goofy strategic campaign. A tactical battle will not end, despite the lack of defending units. I suspect that kt-mod stuff is responsible. Save file is attached, although disguised as a .txt rather than a .sav.

EDIT: I was able to repeat this by doing something fairly similar linked save. It's not tactical battle, though. I'm not sure why it's only some.
Attachments
broken_kt.txt
A save file for VW featuring a softlock at the end of a tactical battle.
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by ObsidianSnake on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEvilWithin » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:17 am

Good to know about the sprites rework. One last suggestion: why not make/commision a proper title screen background? It's rather underwhelming how it's just a purple screen with text blocks. Maybe even some music.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:03 am

ObsidianSnake wrote:I found a softlock while messing around in a goofy strategic campaign. A tactical battle will not end, despite the lack of defending units. I suspect that kt-mod stuff is responsible. Save file is attached, although disguised as a .txt rather than a .sav.

EDIT: I was able to repeat this by doing something fairly similar linked save. It's not tactical battle, though. I'm not sure why it's only some.

Okay, I'll look into it. In the meantime, if you're stuck you can still end the battle by using the cheat menu to resolve it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V37B

Postby MaleficMustelid » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:49 am

there seems to be an issue with Eternal units never actually coming back after losing a battle. It might have to do with saving/loading between the time that they return but I'm not sure
MaleficMustelid
New to the forum

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:37 pm

A bit late to the party, but i just want to say, This is my favorite game on this entire Site, and will likely remain so for a long time. and if you ever return later down the line, i'll be eagerly looking forward to whatever you make! ^.^

on a different note though, i have no idea what exactly did it, but the Mantis lost the ability to Unbirth in one of the most recent updates. i know they had that ability a few versions ago, and technically had it for a while before that via the prey transfer thing in the KurenTenko mod. worth noting that i don't have Unbirth disabled it the race or content settings either.
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:11 pm

MaleficMustelid wrote:there seems to be an issue with Eternal units never actually coming back after losing a battle. It might have to do with saving/loading between the time that they return but I'm not sure

I did a quick test and couldn't replicate it, the units ended up back at the village as intended, even when saving and loading during the travel time.

Deathdealer5555 wrote:A bit late to the party, but i just want to say, This is my favorite game on this entire Site, and will likely remain so for a long time. and if you ever return later down the line, i'll be eagerly looking forward to whatever you make! ^.^

on a different note though, i have no idea what exactly did it, but the Mantis lost the ability to Unbirth in one of the most recent updates. i know they had that ability a few versions ago, and technically had it for a while before that via the prey transfer thing in the KurenTenko mod. worth noting that i don't have Unbirth disabled it the race or content settings either.

Hmm, I'll have to take another look at that, they are intended to still have it, but it may be a conflict with something else.

37C released, fixing some issues.

37C:
Tightened up some misc bits of the KuroTenko code. The notable fix was preventing messages from displaying if you tried to Suckle or Vore Steal someone more than 1 tile away. I don't feel like diving in and trying to understand how it's supposed to work right now so that I can fix it completely, was just trying to get rid of some of the visibly broken bit.
Fixed some issues with suckle that could cause exceptions.
Fixed an issue that could cause the battle to get stuck in an unending state.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V37C

Postby CrowlingBella » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:43 am

Hello! I've just updated the game to the latest version, and I've encountered an error with selecting actions on other units, which bricks tactical mode.
Attachments
recentexceptions.txt
(545 Bytes) Downloaded 70 times
CrowlingBella
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game