Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V34B

Postby nnnddt » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:39 pm

Hello !
Little question : it's a choice to don't make any follow up of events (continue the story), or because you can't ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby XzsoltikaX » Mon May 10, 2021 12:13 pm

I wonder if you gonna add Pokemons (example a Lugia) to the game?
XzsoltikaX
New to the forum

Postby Cruelin660 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:28 pm

XzsoltikaX wrote:I wonder if you gonna add Pokemons (example a Lugia) to the game?

That look like it will either take forever, or very few Pokemons will show up if they decided to Fully work on Adding Pokemons
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby PhantomOfMars » Mon May 10, 2021 8:49 pm

nnnddt wrote:Hello !
Little question : it's a choice to don't make any follow up of events (continue the story), or because you can't ?

Mechanically from what I've seen it doesn't work that way.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 11, 2021 9:58 pm

PhantomOfMars wrote:

Mechanically from what I've seen it doesn't work that way.

There IS no story(aside from race/unit backstories in their BIOs). There's nothing to continue. And the game is so open ended that FOR such a story to come about, someone would have to write one from scratch.
Turbotowns
???

Postby wutaadiwmbaismr » Sun May 16, 2021 1:51 pm

Hello! I was wondering is there was a way to add flavor text to the end of the unbirth absorbtion phase, similar to the other vore types?
wutaadiwmbaismr
New to the forum

Postby peteian » Sun May 16, 2021 3:11 pm

wutaadiwmbaismr wrote:Hello! I was wondering is there was a way to add flavor text to the end of the unbirth absorbtion phase, similar to the other vore types?

There's a way to add flavor text?
peteian
---

Postby wutaadiwmbaismr » Sun May 16, 2021 3:34 pm

peteian wrote:
wutaadiwmbaismr wrote:Hello! I was wondering is there was a way to add flavor text to the end of the unbirth absorbtion phase, similar to the other vore types?

There's a way to add flavor text?

Sorry, I don't know, that's what I'm trying to find out.
wutaadiwmbaismr
New to the forum

Postby Asrielbend » Sun May 16, 2021 7:51 pm

I'm surprised there are no centaurs, though be cool if someone made that or a centipede girl. those are two creatures that could have the dual stomach role likes lamia's
Asrielbend
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 pm

Dihydrogenperoxide wrote:I mean like how you can toggle fatal and non-fatal mode for each body part

That probably won't make its way here. The game kind of breaks if someone decides to not digest an enemy because that was never planned for.

InigoNotMontoya wrote:I was wondering if there were any plans of ever adding more interactions between friendly empires, or even between those at war. I'm thinking of things on the line of being forced to give "tribute" of some sort to increase relations and keep them from attacking, and other similar things?
I absolutely love the game, and I always look forward to each and every update. I'm so glad you've worked on it for so long, it honestly goes into my top favorites!

I don't really have any plans to add more interactions there. The game development has basically slowed down quite a bit to just a bit above maintenance.

Basically a choice, setting up the built in events is time consuming, because a lot of them required making new functions to support them, so I basically 'finished' with them in the first patch, and had several waiting that never made it in.

XzsoltikaX wrote:I wonder if you gonna add Pokemons (example a Lugia) to the game?

I think the spriters have generally avoided copyrighted things.

Currently the only way to add flavour text yourself is to download the source code and modify it, the game doesn't read it at runtime.

Asrielbend wrote:I'm surprised there are no centaurs, though be cool if someone made that or a centipede girl. those are two creatures that could have the dual stomach role likes lamia's

Centaurs may eventually come (Green was working on them off and on), but they're a bit more complicated due to finding a good perspective for them.

Version 35 released. A couple of new races and some other misc fixes and changes. As usual, if there's any notable bugs that turn up, I'll probably fix them in the next few days.

35:
Added two new races, both by Micadi. The feral lizards, and the cockatrices. The cockatrices have a single use ability that temporarily petrifies targets, preventing them from doing anything, but making them easy to hit, hard to damage, and bulky to swallow.
Can now right click on the end turn button in tactical to quickly change between the different end turn modes. That menu also contains an option to display the current mode on the end turn button.
A minor update to the AI, the AI will now consider how much damage an attack will do to their target as part of their calculations, which normally won't have much impact, but will improve their logic against petrified targets, or any other cases where damage is reduced or increased by a target's status effects or traits.
A race has to support unbirth in order to do a transfer to them (Preventing a bug where a race incapable of unbirth could still unbirth a unit from this workaround)
There's some more combat log text added, thanks to xmarkx.
Fixed an issue where the game could fail to place leaders for empires added mid-game (it still might not happen until the 2nd turn after they're added, the checks occur when the turn number changes)
Fixed a bug where taurus would be equipped with their holiday gear when trying to give them rags (which don't exist for them)
The Edit World Settings screen now displays the empire name for empires, instead of the original race of the empire, so it's a lot more useful when there are cheat replaced races.
Fixed a bug where Shun Goku Satsu could be used beyond melee range. (The Right click menu blocked it, but the side action menu didn't)
Fixed an exception related to cheat replaced races and defection.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V35

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 19, 2021 4:13 pm

Wait what? How would you add Empires mid-game?
Turbotowns
???

Postby peteian » Wed May 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Wait what? How would you add Empires mid-game?

Map editing, I think, when you add a new town of an empire not originally in the starting lineup.

Does "combat log text" include the messages when you vore someone?
peteian
---

Postby Pegadygor » Thu May 20, 2021 12:52 am

peteian wrote:

As far as I can tell, they sometimes got a little more specific, referring to the species during the consumption.

The belly rub messages have all turned into a generic "x moans as y rubs and prods the *species* full gut" though if the prey is located in the stomach.
At least I can't get any of the old flirty and teasing messages to pop up anymore.
Pegadygor
Absent-minded glitter-dragon
Absent-minded glitter-dragon

Postby Panzershark » Thu May 20, 2021 11:05 am

Pegadygor wrote:
peteian wrote:

The belly rub messages have all turned into a generic "x moans as y rubs and prods the *species* full gut" though if the prey is located in the stomach.
At least I can't get any of the old flirty and teasing messages to pop up anymore.

I seemed to be able to sometimes get the random flirts and teases (the ones the sometimes occur when a digestion turn has processed) but I only got the generic new belly rub message anytime the action was actually used.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby Asrielbend » Thu May 20, 2021 12:16 pm

Oh I forgot to ask, though centaurs were a possibility you mentioned in the future what about centipede girls? I did mention them, I learned about them existing a while back. You could probably search centipede girl up or something and get a result since their relatively new. still I generally liked the one with the black hair and red antenna's, that might be a good ref. Either what are the chances you'll add a species like that? 0 or not so much?
Asrielbend
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Thu May 20, 2021 9:34 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Wait what? How would you add Empires mid-game?

Map editing, more specifically placing a village for a race not present in the current game.

peteian wrote:Does "combat log text" include the messages when you vore someone?

Yeah, and also some of the the other types of text there.

Pegadygor wrote:The belly rub messages have all turned into a generic "x moans as y rubs and prods the *species* full gut" though if the prey is located in the stomach.

Ah, that's a bug due to a mis-set priority on one of the messages, I've got it fixed, now.

Asrielbend wrote:Oh I forgot to ask, though centaurs were a possibility you mentioned in the future what about centipede girls? I did mention them, I learned about them existing a while back. You could probably search centipede girl up or something and get a result since their relatively new. still I generally liked the one with the black hair and red antenna's, that might be a good ref. Either what are the chances you'll add a species like that? 0 or not so much?

Well the new races aren't really up to me, the two people that create sprites both have free reign to do as they please for the most part.

35A released, fixing up a few bugs.

35A:
Fixed an issue where there was a new belly rub message that took priority over all over belly rub messages.
Fix for a minor goblin sprite error (and hopefully didn't create more in its place)
Fixed a minor cockatrice sprite layer issue.
Took a stab at fixing an exception I don't understand the root cause of. If you get a random exception during a tactical battle, I would appreciate it if you could send me a saved game, ideally during the battle with as few turns before it happens as possible (or anywhere it regularly happens after loading)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V35A

Postby Zalaska » Fri May 21, 2021 3:44 pm

There seems to be a bit of a bug with leaders. During the last couple iterations of version 34, I had noticed that when leaders got resurrected....they didn't really resurrect. You got a new character with the old leader's stats. That is still happening in version 35 so far, with the added bit that leaders seem to be starting out dead at the beginning of a game now instead of them starting out spawned at the capital.
Zalaska
New to the forum

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:42 am

Aurilika wrote:A race has to support unbirth in order to do a transfer to them (Preventing a bug where a race incapable of unbirth could still unbirth a unit from this workaround)

Hey, i thought you said you where gonna leave that in? since it was something the player had to go out of their way to do? no offense or anything, just surprised me a bit. i understand if you fixed it for the unique mercs, but i liked having a reason to have one non-mantis in my mantis army.
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sun May 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Zalaska wrote:There seems to be a bit of a bug with leaders. During the last couple iterations of version 34, I had noticed that when leaders got resurrected....they didn't really resurrect. You got a new character with the old leader's stats. That is still happening in version 35 so far, with the added bit that leaders seem to be starting out dead at the beginning of a game now instead of them starting out spawned at the capital.

The second thing is a bug that is fixed, the first is you have probably checked the leaders randomize appearance after death option checked... which in double checking this I realized the word death is truncated and it has the wrong tooltip, so that will be fixed. (It's the last option in the appearance options of the content settings)

Deathdealer5555 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:A race has to support unbirth in order to do a transfer to them (Preventing a bug where a race incapable of unbirth could still unbirth a unit from this workaround)

Hey, i thought you said you where gonna leave that in? since it was something the player had to go out of their way to do? no offense or anything, just surprised me a bit. i understand if you fixed it for the unique mercs, but i liked having a reason to have one non-mantis in my mantis army.

I didn't remember commenting on it before, but it was brought up again, and it seemed weird to have characters end up in a normally impossible state, when the race may not even have a womb. Also, I guess I didn't write the note 100% accurate because it should have just said you can't transfer to womb for units that can't unbirth, you can still transfer to mouth.

V35B released, fixing up a few more bugs.

35B:
Extended the allowed character limit of the rename army window from 20 to 35, since it was shorter than some of the names it already used, so there's no graphical harm in making it longer.
Bandit/Rebel garrisons should now be capped at the size of the player that has the smallest garrison, to prevent them from being ridiculously difficult to assault in low army size games.
Fixed the previous leader fix as it broke leader placement at the start of games.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V35B

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 24, 2021 5:27 am

It seems if I load a customization of one gender(like herm), over a unit of another gender(like female), The traits are still the og gender(female), until I go into the unit editor, change the gender, then change it to the gender It's supposed to be.

(Also, could we have an option of the enter key making the AI take the turn of any units that hadn't gone yet, so that if, say, you only "Play" as a single unit in an army, and want the others controlled by the AI, but forget to hit the "let AI finish your turn" button, and instead hit enter on reflex... your army doesn't get butt fucked due to dumb accidental mispressing)(SOmething that would go into the options menu, rather than the content settings)

And I don't know how possible I'd be, but it'd be so hot that units with an assimilate trait(or a new one for this purpose), can go from male/female to herm if they eat enough of their opposite sex. A guy growing boobs and a vagina and/or a girl growing a cock after enough meals sounds SO HOT!

(And maybe an option to omit the size traits from assimilate... a unit gets too big and it's suddenly OP)
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game