Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V28E

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:47 am

I mean editing a map WHILE INGAME, and adding water or mountain or whatever, which ends up isolating a village/army from everyone else. When I try to get back into the game, is says the whole message about stuff being inaccessible, and it won't let me resume until I had fixed it. I was trying to kill several cake armies stuck up in the mountains, using ocean tile(which doesn't seem to kill armies like water does, because...) but it was giving that message because some of the armies would have been "isolated"(when I was trying to make them DEAD)... when I tried water tiles, it worked fine, all the armies died and I could resume it...

The request is that: we get that warning message box "some villages cannot reach each other yadda yadda...", but we have to option to IGNORE THE WARNING, and resume while villages/armies isolated and unable to reach all the rest(maybe we could set up a map that has separate isolated races fighting each other but not any in the other regions). At least... for editing during a game. map editor from the main menu doesn't have to change.

------------------------------------

Meanwhile... turn order... I'VE been saving! Here, some screenshots to supplement my point...
start strategic...
bull1.png

load map...
bull2.png

load settings from 1...
bull3.png

See my issue? The turn order still says 1 for everything. it NEVER SAVES. But everything else does!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:53 am

BepisBepis wrote:Been having a lot of fun with the game so far. InfiniteAssimilate is actually a super fun trait to mess with in longer games, along with smaller army sizes. Gets some characters seeming special with 'unusual' traits gained from enemies. Speaking of, I don't know if it's planned or talked about or not but I want to suggest a 'random' trait to add to races and let units each end up different. I can't exactly claim to know if the engine would allow this, but if I were to do that I'd probably say have a 'random' trait in the race editor to add to races and have it function so when a new unit is generated have that trait replace itself from the rest of the pool of traits. It would probably fit well with how many traits seem to be unused and how a few of those just raise stats.

Randomized traits was a suggested thing LONG AGO, back in the OLDEN DAYS~

...But nothing really came of it...
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:28 pm

So this one is on me because i forgot to include it in my previous post, but the trait Adaptive Biology is also spelled wrong (same typo, it says AdapativeBiology).
I just double checked if any other traits are spelled wrong but it doesn't look like to me. Good work as always!
carlj
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:27 pm

I've been getting the SAME event the last several turns, it's been nothing but this one.
event.PNG
event.PNG (33.08 KiB) Viewed 2553 times

the other race involved was different each time, as was the result when I chose the 3rd option each time(sometimes the other race praised me, sometimes they were mad).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:23 am

WAIT!
I just got a 3 little pigs parody of an event, which reminded me that I actually had gotten a refuges event in one of the earlier turns... but most of them were the envoy... and another one of the three pigs parody...

...How many events were there? I wouldn't be as upset if it was the hungry mother event(the one where one of the options resulted in mother around the kingdom looking at their kids hungrily) was the one constantly repeating...

Is it possible to set up a kinda checkmark system(each registered event gets a "check" when it happens, and it doesn't show up again until every other event has the same number of "checks"), or like a shuffled playlist set to repeat(it doesn't repeat until it's gone through each of the songs/videos once)?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:14 am

BepisBepis wrote:Been having a lot of fun with the game so far. InfiniteAssimilate is actually a super fun trait to mess with in longer games, along with smaller army sizes. Gets some characters seeming special with 'unusual' traits gained from enemies. Speaking of, I don't know if it's planned or talked about or not but I want to suggest a 'random' trait to add to races and let units each end up different. I can't exactly claim to know if the engine would allow this, but if I were to do that I'd probably say have a 'random' trait in the race editor to add to races and have it function so when a new unit is generated have that trait replace itself from the rest of the pool of traits. It would probably fit well with how many traits seem to be unused and how a few of those just raise stats.

It might be slightly tricky to do that well. It's gotten a little more complicated with the race editor in play. I might give it a shot, though.

Turbotowns wrote:I mean editing a map WHILE INGAME, and adding water or mountain or whatever, which ends up isolating a village/army from everyone else. When I try to get back into the game, is says the whole message about stuff being inaccessible, and it won't let me resume until I had fixed it. I was trying to kill several cake armies stuck up in the mountains, using ocean tile(which doesn't seem to kill armies like water does, because...) but it was giving that message because some of the armies would have been "isolated"(when I was trying to make them DEAD)... when I tried water tiles, it worked fine, all the armies died and I could resume it...

The request is that: we get that warning message box "some villages cannot reach each other yadda yadda...", but we have to option to IGNORE THE WARNING, and resume while villages/armies isolated and unable to reach all the rest(maybe we could set up a map that has separate isolated races fighting each other but not any in the other regions). At least... for editing during a game. map editor from the main menu doesn't have to change.

------------------------------------

See my issue? The turn order still says 1 for everything. it NEVER SAVES. But everything else does!

Ah, that's the piece I was missing. I've got that fixed for the next version (loading a map set all of the turn orders to 1 for some reason, but I've got that corrected now (Loading the saved settings also forced it to reload the map information))

I'll give it a shot and make sure the game doesn't completely break if that's allowed, and will probably stick it in. Also, fixed it so that any type of impassible terrain will destroy an army, now.

carlj wrote:So this one is on me because i forgot to include it in my previous post, but the trait Adaptive Biology is also spelled wrong (same typo, it says AdapativeBiology).
I just double checked if any other traits are spelled wrong but it doesn't look like to me. Good work as always!

Ah you're right, I corrected this one as well. (I wonder how I made the same typo twice)

Turbotowns wrote:I've been getting the SAME event the last several turns, it's been nothing but this one.
event.PNG

the other race involved was different each time, as was the result when I chose the 3rd option each time(sometimes the other race praised me, sometimes they were mad).

...How many events were there? I wouldn't be as upset if it was the hungry mother event(the one where one of the options resulted in mother around the kingdom looking at their kids hungrily) was the one constantly repeating...

Is it possible to set up a kinda checkmark system(each registered event gets a "check" when it happens, and it doesn't show up again until every other event has the same number of "checks"), or like a shuffled playlist set to repeat(it doesn't repeat until it's gone through each of the songs/videos once)?

There are 27 built in events, though some of them have conditionals about when they can appear. Like you won't get events about conquered races if you don't have any conquered villages. I'll take a look at it and see if I can add a little bit of logic in there to make it less susceptible to streaks.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:08 pm

phew, finally...
Turbotowns
???

Postby DisguisedQQ » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:10 am

Option to not track strategic movements/attacks ruined.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:08 pm

I do't know if it's an issue with unity of my PC's end on the game's, but after a message about unity, it keeps crashing, if it shows up again, I'll post it.
Turbotowns
???

Postby gigaredpanther » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:16 pm

Continuing to love the game. Had a few ideas for potential traits pop into my head and figured I'd pitch them. Use them, ignore them, whatever.

"Manafeed": Creatures with this trait restore less HP from digesting others, but restore mana from doing so. Basically a take on the classic "squishy caster" archetype; Sacrificing healing for more casting potential.
Alternatively: "Manafood", a prey version of the trait. Worth less HP when digested, but restores mana. Perhaps a good fit for an ethereal/otherworldly creature?

"Nutritious": Creatures with this gain no benefit, but are worth more XP if digested rather than killed normally. The idea being to put this on large "boss" monsters that are tough to eat, or on rare spawns (A Metal Slime kind of deal). A player could also choose to slap this onto leaders, as they can also be pretty boss-like!

"Cursed Mark": Possibly super hard to implement but it sounds fun. Creatures with this gain a bonus to stats or somesuch, but are easier to eat and keep down. Predators that eat a cursed creature gain the Cursed Mark themselves. Do you accept the curse to reap the benefits, at the risk of being eaten yourself? Or do you strike down the cursed where they stand to bring an end to it?
(Maybe introduce the curse into a game through an event or rare monster? Or just have players slap the trait onto whatever and watch as any semblance of balance spirals off into the abyss. Whichever.)
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:11 am

DisguisedQQ wrote:Option to not track strategic movements/attacks ruined.

Do you mean that's forcing you the screen to follow even with that option off?

gigaredpanther wrote:Continuing to love the game. Had a few ideas for potential traits pop into my head and figured I'd pitch them. Use them, ignore them, whatever.

"Manafeed": Creatures with this trait restore less HP from digesting others, but restore mana from doing so. Basically a take on the classic "squishy caster" archetype; Sacrificing healing for more casting potential.
Alternatively: "Manafood", a prey version of the trait. Worth less HP when digested, but restores mana. Perhaps a good fit for an ethereal/otherworldly creature?

"Nutritious": Creatures with this gain no benefit, but are worth more XP if digested rather than killed normally. The idea being to put this on large "boss" monsters that are tough to eat, or on rare spawns (A Metal Slime kind of deal). A player could also choose to slap this onto leaders, as they can also be pretty boss-like!

"Cursed Mark": Possibly super hard to implement but it sounds fun. Creatures with this gain a bonus to stats or somesuch, but are easier to eat and keep down. Predators that eat a cursed creature gain the Cursed Mark themselves. Do you accept the curse to reap the benefits, at the risk of being eaten yourself? Or do you strike down the cursed where they stand to bring an end to it?
(Maybe introduce the curse into a game through an event or rare monster? Or just have players slap the trait onto whatever and watch as any semblance of balance spirals off into the abyss. Whichever.)

Those mana ones would probably work well. Nutritious might be confused with the tasty trait, but it could work.

Cursed mark could be interesting. If it was entirely negative I probably would have rejected it, but having it have both positives and negatives makes it more interesting. I was thinking of it like a plague at first, but then realized it would just go from person to person without increasing.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby gigaredpanther » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Aurilika wrote:Cursed mark could be interesting. If it was entirely negative I probably would have rejected it, but having it have both positives and negatives makes it more interesting. I was thinking of it like a plague at first, but then realized it would just go from person to person without increasing.

Yeah, while I mostly had an "inherited curse" type of thing in mind, the possibility of an "epidemic" variant wasn't lost on me. There could be several ways to go about it.

Perhaps there could be a weaker variant that has additional spreading conditions, such as randomly at the start of a battle? Or maybe have a chance to spread among units in the same squad at the start of each strategic (Overworld) turn? I dunno. I feel like calling this infectious version "Ambrositus" or something. Don't know how it would play out in practice, but it's an idea.

As for the "curse" version, I sort of envisioned ending up with a "High-risk, High-reward" unit that puts your risk assessment to the test. Using it against trash monster patrols would be safe, but a waste of potential. Pitting it against a high-level leader or something can turn the tide in your favor, but failure would be disastrous! "Well, the level XX dragon got curse-buffed, so we either double up our defences, or start adding some seasoning to them..."

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby DisguisedQQ » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:45 am

Yes, it forces camera focus on attacks with option off, which kinda ruin my fun. :3
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:44 pm

gigaredpanther wrote:
Aurilika wrote:Cursed mark could be interesting. If it was entirely negative I probably would have rejected it, but having it have both positives and negatives makes it more interesting. I was thinking of it like a plague at first, but then realized it would just go from person to person without increasing.

Yeah, while I mostly had an "inherited curse" type of thing in mind, the possibility of an "epidemic" variant wasn't lost on me. There could be several ways to go about it.

Perhaps there could be a weaker variant that has additional spreading conditions, such as randomly at the start of a battle? Or maybe have a chance to spread among units in the same squad at the start of each strategic (Overworld) turn? I dunno. I feel like calling this infectious version "Ambrositus" or something. Don't know how it would play out in practice, but it's an idea.

As for the "curse" version, I sort of envisioned ending up with a "High-risk, High-reward" unit that puts your risk assessment to the test. Using it against trash monster patrols would be safe, but a waste of potential. Pitting it against a high-level leader or something can turn the tide in your favor, but failure would be disastrous! "Well, the level XX dragon got curse-buffed, so we either double up our defences, or start adding some seasoning to them..."

Yeah, that definitely sounds interesting. I'll probably get one, or both of those variants into the next patch.

DisguisedQQ wrote:Yes, it forces camera focus on attacks with option off, which kinda ruin my fun. :3

Sounds like the scroll to battle location thing might have been checked by accident? It's the option right above the two tracking options. I'm not sure what else it would be because everything works normally with nothing moving the camera around for me.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby gigaredpanther » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:14 pm

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it!

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby DisguisedQQ » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:30 pm

It's so annoying, it keep randomly resetting my options... o.o
I know you're done with VW but i'm going to share my idea anyway. :3
An autofight option that you could turn on in town, so it will fight off enemy automaticly, but give you an
option to re-fight if it calced any casualties. Also possibility to choose to skip monster attacks only or all
types of attacks, along with check if there's stationed army or not.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:01 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote:It's so annoying, it keep randomly resetting my options... o.o
I know you're done with VW but i'm going to share my idea anyway. :3
An autofight option that you could turn on in town, so it will fight off enemy automaticly, but give you an
option to re-fight if it calced any casualties. Also possibility to choose to skip monster attacks only or all
types of attacks, along with check if there's stationed army or not.

Individual options, or the entire screen? I could make an alternate way to save the stuff there if it's a consistent issue.

Hmm, it would be a decent set up to do that autofight but revert thing... actually, it would be easier than I think, it could just do it the same way a player would, loads the battle, auto-calcs it, then gives you an option to reload the beginning autosave.

So you were thinking those options would be turned on on a village by village basis, and not across the empire as a whole? There is currently an option to ask about skipping before each battle, though that would make it ask you about ai vs ai battles, too.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DisguisedQQ » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:45 am

Not a real issue, just sometimes one or two options revert when changing to next version, just ignore it. :P
I believe that it would do better if individual options to each town as some of them too well guarded to even care, while others might not be even decently protected.
PS. Still hope that you could make an combat switcher to forbid units to use vore attacks during ai turn without having to give them prey trait. :3
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:52 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote:Not a real issue, just sometimes one or two options revert when changing to next version, just ignore it. :P
I believe that it would do better if individual options to each town as some of them too well guarded to even care, while others might not be even decently protected.
PS. Still hope that you could make an combat switcher to forbid units to use vore attacks during ai turn without having to give them prey trait. :3

Okay, I might try to tackle those for the next patch.

Putting out a patch, Micadi has finished another race, and I had a few fixes waiting, so I did some more fixing of issues and some of the waiting minor features.

28F:
Fixed a bug I accidentally introduced in 28B where armies did not charge maintenance at all. This may result in empires temporarily running dry on money if they have too many armies. :oops:
Added the merfolk race, they are a main race, and have magic resistance, in addition to a couple of new traits, healing blood, which makes them heal during battle (and completely after battle), but makes them worth significantly more healing to their predator. Also, slippery, which makes them harder to vore, but very difficult for them to escape.
Added a few misc traits.
Focused development, that allows picking any stat without the random bonuses to stats (was requested)
Mana Rich - Unit has a higher mana cap, units digesting this gain some mana during digestion
Mana Drain - This unit gains some mana while digesting others, but reduced health gain.
Cursed Mark - This unit gets various combat boosts (increased damage, accuracy and damage resistance), but is slower and significantly easier to eat and keep down, and whoever digests this unit inherits this trait (applied at time of death -- so it can't be gotten from eating corpses) Currently the only way to have this on a unit is to manually add it.
Fixed a bug with combat resolution that could lead to weirdness in rare circumstances.
Fixed ranged vore not being usable from the right click menu.
Fixed weapons that are both ranged and melee (like the succubus or fairy weapons) not being usable at point blank with the right click menu.
Fixed an issue where units could end up wearing clothing that didn't fit their gender if they didn't have any clothing that fit. (Not sure if this was an issue for any existing races, but it was fixed in response to a new race)
Fixed a bug where resurrected units wouldn't get their alliance square or level text back until the next battle.
Fixed a bug where fled units with endo could result in the battle not ending. Also fixed fled units not digesting properly when loading a tactical save.
Placing any impassible tile under an army in the map editor now destroys it when you close the map editor, instead of only water.
Selecting a map to load no longer overrides the turn order for existing races, and also, loading settings with a map picked no longer overrides all turn orders to 0.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V28F

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:35 pm

Finally, the turn order saves!
Also mermaids! But I'm running low on map room... Hmmm, and with how crowded the valleys can get...
I think I have to scale up my map, doing that automatically... would not be a feasible feature, so I'm gonna have to rebuild my map beside it just MUCH bigger. for race space, the empires won't grow with the map(except for the turbo alliance, kinda, sorta, technically. As they cover an entire area left to right).

Given the massive(in more ways than one) undertaking, it won't be done for QUITE some time, but when it IS done, it'll be Turbo9(an entirely new version, separate from the prior "versions" that I just overwrite and replace).
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game