Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V08D

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:28 pm

TeamFortress2 wrote:... Not as customisable as I explained above, but it is good enough for me.

I'll also be adding more options to it as well. Seeing you say that also reminded me that someone wanted a % melee/ranged slider for each side which I'd forgotten to write down.

Turbotowns wrote:I think I remember reading somewhere on the first post that some races you had in mind were demihumans(Typical monster girls, like lamias, harpies, ect.)?
Well, if it's alright, I'm in the middle of editing the first 3 sprites to create a slimegirl race, their bodies will be all goopy, and their legs will be a single
goo mound, and they won't have any ears or tail, or a "skin color", if possible, maybe the accessory color(what would normally be for ears and tail), would determine their body color, while their hair and eyes will remain determined by hair color. They will be opaque like everyone else, as not all slimes are transparent.

Sounds good, the only factors I'd be concerned with is weapons (can they have weapons? if so it'd be easiest on me if their hands are in the same position), and what they'd look like when they have consumed enemies, as it wouldn't really make sense to use the normal belly sprites for them. We could probably get away with a smaller number of sprites and scaling with goo though. (Don't know if you've seen it, but stomachs still scale somewhat after the maximum stomach sprite by simply scaling it bigger up until they've eaten 8 creatures)

failbird105 wrote:I'd also be willing to try and pitch in with some new race sprites. I want to make some lizard girls, the question is if you'd be okay with anthros, because while I would be perfectly capable of making lizard demis, I would much rather make full blown lizard people.

On terms of the anthro lizards, I kind of intend for to design them to not have any hair, so I suppose you it would need to be possible for a race to just not have hair if it isn't already, or possibly use different hairs.

Yeah, anthros are fine, the only reason they are all mostly human right now is because that's how the cat and dog were in the original, and I felt more confident with my lackluster art skills for just adding those 3 additional races under the same scheme than trying to draw an entirely new race.

nnnddt wrote:Hello guys,
Don't know if we can do it actually, but iwould like to see a possibility for mix some of my batalions ( like i've 6 soldiers in one, and 10 in another, i would like to be able to fuse these batalions, or divide them).

I've sort of been stalling on this until the addition of some sort of special units, but I just had an idea for a good way to set it up, so I'll probably go ahead and implement the army unit exchange.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:58 pm

Ooh, special units are definitely something I'd like to see if you mean it the way I'm thinking of. When you say that are you referring to different unit types, or just hero units as mentioned in your first post? Because if it's the former then I definitely have ideas that I could probably contribute towards at least in terms of design.

Also I suppose with that confirmation of welcome assistance I may as well get a move on with designing the lizards.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nnnddt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Aurilika, So basically, if we draw sprites for you, you will be open for ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Well to keep with the aesthetic, the edits would have been minimal, of course the hands would be in the same place, and there are TONS of art where slime girls get a belly like any other pred(and I'd actually kinda prefer that actually), my only concern was coloring.

(Also, I've come up with names for the first 6 slime villages)
Turbotowns
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Alright, they're pretty simple and I might be able to do better, but here you have it, the body template sprites for an anthro lizard race, and three "hair" options which consist of a pair horns, the eyes(since they're lumped in with hair on the original sprite sheet) and foot claws(which are the same in each), along with couple different variations on the horns where one horn is broken for just a bit more variety. More detail was certainly possible, and the legs could use more shading(mainly on the back of the knees since their legs face outwards instead of inwards like they do on normal races), but overall, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.

Note: The hair used for other races won't really work with this one since I've reshaped the head, I also removed the nips and, more importantly, the belly button, so you'll need to edit the belly sprites for them. Since the tail should be the same color as the rest of the body I've added it on to the whole instead of as a separate thing like it is with the other races.

Edit: there, the legs have thicker lines now, and there's shading on the back of the knees. I also decided to make the tail a shade darker than the rest of the body since it's behind it.
Last edited by DollyFailFail on Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:48 pm

failbird105 wrote:Ooh, special units are definitely something I'd like to see if you mean it the way I'm thinking of. When you say that are you referring to different unit types, or just hero units as mentioned in your first post? Because if it's the former then I definitely have ideas that I could probably contribute towards at least in terms of design.

Also I suppose with that confirmation of welcome assistance I may as well get a move on with designing the lizards.

I mean heroes was my original idea, but I'm open to other ideas, like the "leader of tribe" system that was suggested. Something that's main role is to make the combat deeper and more interesting without having it be overwhelming to players by having entire armies with each unit having unique powers and properties that they have to keep track of (A micromanagement hell).

nnnddt wrote:Aurilika, So basically, if we draw sprites for you, you will be open for ?

Anything? Yeah, I mean within reason. If you gave me a batch of 16 new races to add, I'd probably think that was too much for this point in the game. I think I'd probably try to hold an absolute cap of somewhere around 10-12 races, at least for quite a while until a lot more of the other systems get fleshed out. With failbird105 working on the lizards and turbotowns doing the slimes, there's still a few spaces. It could be some of the other mainstays that I see a lot on here like harpies, lamias, or some of the less commonly used ones. Or even less humanoid versions of some of the current races. I'd say just ask me first. I also want to avoid stolen art as well.

Turbotowns wrote:Well to keep with the aesthetic, the edits would have been minimal, of course the hands would be in the same place, and there are TONS of art where slime girls get a belly like any other pred(and I'd actually kinda prefer that actually), my only concern was coloring.

(Also, I've come up with names for the first 6 slime villages)

Good, which reminds me if anyone wants to suggest names for fox/wolf/bunny towns, or cats and dogs past 5, I'll gladly add them to the game. The 5 cat/dog town names were from the original, and I'm terrible at giving names (which is why there's the generic placeholder town names like Fox town 1)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:56 pm

failbird105 wrote:Alright, they're pretty simple and I might be able to do better, but here you have it, the body template sprites for an anthro lizard race, and three "hair" options which consist of a pair horns, the eyes(since they're lumped in with hair on the original sprite sheet) and foot claws(which are the same in each), along with couple different variations on the horns where one horn is broken for just a bit more variety. More detail was certainly possible, and the legs could use more shading(mainly on the back of the knees since their legs face outwards instead of inwards like they do on normal races), but overall, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.

Note: The hair used for other races won't really work with this one since I've reshaped the head, I also removed the nips and, more importantly, the belly button, so you'll need to edit the belly sprites for them. Since the tail should be the same color as the rest of the body I've added it on to the whole instead of as a separate thing like it is with the other races.

mmh... actually, giving it another look over, I think I might want to go back in and make the lines for the legs a bit thicker.

Looks pretty good. I should also be able to work that in without a whole ton of effort. I'll wait for your edit though. Since you created them, what scale colors would you like for it? A wide variety like green, purple and orange? Or just similar colors around a single color?
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:57 pm

I do know how to merge units in my own way, since the game doesn't let you merge units. (Version 08D)

Take Cat Town for an example. My Level 3 - 6 troops laying in the Cat town defending, and i have another level 6 - 12 troops outside of that said Cat town. I do have enough space, so i move my Level 3 - 6 troops outside with one space. Have my level 6 - 12 troops in the town and dismiss all to make them disappear in the map. And then move my only troop into the town again so i can "Hire Specific" to make a full 16 Beefy leveled troops that wiped all of the map at an instant. ... Well, not instant, but you know what i mean.

Now, i guess it's off topic time. ^^;
God Full powered AI was tough as well, but at least i managed to beat them with my new strat. These AI were cheating as well once they won the match, they gain like 2 - 3 levels that can kick all of your garrison's asses (On unmodified Base EXP and EXP increase/Level). And not the fact that they have like 10 - 12 troops that's waiting to kick your ass. If they won many times with the same troops without backing down a fight, you're doomed.

I like playing as the bunnies. Except that i have to watch the computer goes first without rearranging what order they come first. They captured my town with one go! xD

Anyways, i do have a small suggestion. What if you have like all 16 soldiers via hiring them, and all of them need to level up? I was saving that suggestion until now, because it's really time consuming to level each individual troops that wanna level up. But what about an option that actually "Automatically levels up" troops like you see what the AI did? Or Level up one specific group of troops instead?
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Aurilika wrote:I mean heroes was my original idea, but I'm open to other ideas, like the "leader of tribe" system that was suggested. Something that's main role is to make the combat deeper and more interesting without having it be overwhelming to players by having entire armies with each unit having unique powers and properties that they have to keep track of (A micromanagement hell).

I was thinking each different faction could have one unique type of unit that either emphasizes their strength, or just fits thematically. For instance the lizards could have a "dragonkin", which has wings, comes in warm colors(reds, oranges, yellows) and possibly some sort of fire based special attack, the wolves having Direwolves(either in the form of bigger, stronger wolf girls, or just straight up giant wolves), or the bunnies having some sort of like, defensive weapon emplacement.

Aurilika wrote:Looks pretty good. I should also be able to work that in without a whole ton of effort. I'll wait for your edit though. Since you created them, what scale colors would you like for it? A wide variety like green, purple and orange? Or just similar colors around a single color?

Edit is made. As for scale color, I'm thinking a wide range of cooler colors, so purples, greens, and blues.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:12 pm

failbird105 wrote:Alright, they're pretty simple and I might be able to do better, but here you have it, the body template sprites for an anthro lizard race, and three "hair" options which consist of a pair horns, the eyes(since they're lumped in with hair on the original sprite sheet) and foot claws(which are the same in each), along with couple different variations on the horns where one horn is broken for just a bit more variety. More detail was certainly possible, and the legs could use more shading(mainly on the back of the knees since their legs face outwards instead of inwards like they do on normal races), but overall, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.

Edit: there, the legs have thicker lines now, and there's shading on the back of the knees. I also decided to make the tail a shade darker than the rest of the body since it's behind it.

regarding the picture. If that line on their face is their jaw, then why does the mouth overlay for vore attempts not line up with it? it looks like they have two mouths.
darkevilme
---

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:15 pm

darkevilme wrote:regarding the picture. If that line on their face is their jaw, then why does the mouth overlay for vore attempts not line up with it? it looks like they have two mouths.

It's supposed to be a snout, hence the two nostrils beneath it. If you where to add the eyes to the face, then they would line up so as to only be a pixel above it(less actually on the image with the mouth, as the snout raises slightly).
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:...Now, i guess it's off topic time. ^^;
God Full powered AI was tough as well, but at least i managed to beat them with my new strat. These AI were cheating as well once they won the match, they gain like 2 - 3 levels that can kick all of your garrison's asses (On unmodified Base EXP and EXP increase/Level). And not the fact that they have like 10 - 12 troops that's waiting to kick your ass. If they won many times with the same troops without backing down a fight, you're doomed.

I like playing as the bunnies. Except that i have to watch the computer goes first without rearranging what order they come first. They captured my town with one go! xD

Anyways, i do have a small suggestion. What if you have like all 16 soldiers via hiring them, and all of them need to level up? I was saving that suggestion until now, because it's really time consuming to level each individual troops that wanna level up. But what about an option that actually "Automatically levels up" troops like you see what the AI did? Or Level up one specific group of troops instead?

The full strength AI doesn't cheat (or at least it's not supposed to!), except for information (It knows approximately how strong every army on the map is, and the actual counts for garrisons). As for instant town capture, that will happen on smaller maps. I could potentially make armies start with 0 MP for their first turn as well if people want. It would prevent a surprise attack coming out of a town with no warning.

I certainly could have an auto-level up command for the player to save time. The issue would be the best way to implement it so the player feels like they know what it's trying to do. The AI right now trying to do a level-up for a ranged unit picks dex if that's an option, if its not, then it picks health, then voracity, then speed, etc. A player could be trying to make a melee unit into a highly defensive tank unit, or a very fast attack unit, or a very strong voracity unit. I mean you could have a dropdown to pick from those 3 options for a melee if you have auto-level on, but I'm not sure if that's the best solution or not.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:07 pm

So, i did a little "Something" while i was drawing and playing the game itself. Yes, i am addicted, and i love these type of games ❤
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:15 pm

Statue of (insert species name here) A temporary building which is destroyed whenever the town is conquered, it alows the recruiting of non allied species in a town.

(insert species name here) Embassy - Same thing as the statue only permanent, it isn't buildable but allows you to always recruit from the town, as long as you have a unit on the tile or control the town. If recruiting soldiers from an ally it costs double that it normally would, with half of the money going to your ally. (adjustable). Towns will start with embassies of their allies in them which is why they are not buildable.

Also on another note the ai should take into account it's funds. In one playthrough the wolves ai had 2 units in a group that were very powerful, they were pretty much undefeatable by any other enemy, but they added weaker units to the team and ran out of funds causing them to get wiped out completely.

the ability to split and merge armies. Sometimes you need to split your units up but the only way is by dismissing and rehiring which costs money.

Garrison units that survive a battle become a uniquely hireable unit You of course still need to give them new weapons as their current ones aren't very good. The garrison units won't have their weapons though.

Armory - A building which allows you to purchase equipment for garrisoned units. weapons purchased via the armory can be individually equipped to stored units. The armory works with the previous idea and also allows you to level up garrisoned units.

Extra housing - Increases the max population in a town and can be bought multiple times, at increasing costs, the increase is linear. The number beside the building determines how many times you've purchased it, each house increases the max population by 12.

Gold mine - Gold output of population is 1:1 ratio, each time you ry to build this there is a 10% chance to find a gold mine, but if the town gets conquered the gold mine is lost.

Ai should try to build their towns. I noticed that the ai doesn't really build up their towns at all.

If anybody has any other suggestions for temporary buildings that are lost upon conquest i'd love to hear it.

Training hall - Increases the exp gained from training and works similarly to houses as a stackable upgrade.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:15 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:So, i did a little "Something" while i was drawing and playing the game itself. Yes, i am addicted, and i love these type of games ❤

Thank you, I'm blushing since it's the first time I've ever received fan art. :oops: :D

Orosaki wrote:Statue of (insert species name here) A temporary building which is destroyed whenever the town is conquered, it alows the recruiting of non allied species in a town.

(insert species name here) Embassy - Same thing as the statue only permanent, it isn't buildable but allows you to always recruit from the town, as long as you have a unit on the tile or control the town. If recruiting soldiers from an ally it costs double that it normally would, with half of the money going to your ally. (adjustable). Towns will start with embassies of their allies in them which is why they are not buildable.

Also on another note the ai should take into account it's funds. In one playthrough the wolves ai had 2 units in a group that were very powerful, they were pretty much undefeatable by any other enemy, but they added weaker units to the team and ran out of funds causing them to get wiped out completely.

the ability to split and merge armies. Sometimes you need to split your units up but the only way is by dismissing and rehiring which costs money.

Garrison units that survive a battle become a uniquely hireable unit You of course still need to give them new weapons as their current ones aren't very good. The garrison units won't have their weapons though.

Armory - A building which allows you to purchase equipment for garrisoned units. weapons purchased via the armory can be individually equipped to stored units. The armory works with the previous idea and also allows you to level up garrisoned units.

Extra housing - Increases the max population in a town and can be bought multiple times, at increasing costs, the increase is linear. The number beside the building determines how many times you've purchased it, each house increases the max population by 12.

Gold mine - Gold output of population is 1:1 ratio, each time you ry to build this there is a 10% chance to find a gold mine, but if the town gets conquered the gold mine is lost.

Ai should try to build their towns. I noticed that the ai doesn't really build up their towns at all.

If anybody has any other suggestions for temporary buildings that are lost upon conquest i'd love to hear it.

Training hall - Increases the exp gained from training and works similarly to houses as a stackable upgrade.

There's some interesting ideas in there that I might end up implementing, and I'll keep all of them in mind, but there's a couple of points I wanted to comment on. Proper splitting armies / exchanging units will be in the next version. I just spent the last few hours setting it up. The AI does build mills and manors (On Casual / Full), but only when it has a surplus of gold, since they take a little while to pay for themselves. They are supposed to try and keep their army size under control, but maybe I need to refine that somewhat.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby nnnddt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:09 am

SilhouettiShine, I love your art ^^
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:18 am

Even though there's just one guy working on this, I love how we're all pitching in with ideas, or with making our own races, so Aurilika doesn't have to worry about that. ^^
SilhouettiShine wrote:So, i did a little "Something" while i was drawing and playing the game itself. Yes, i am addicted, and i love these type of games ❤

THERE's the cuteness I was waiting for! X3
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:29 am

Phew, okay! The sprites are done! Ignore the animal ears and tails, slimes don't have those, they DO have "hair" though, and while most match the color of their bodies, I've seen slimes with hair a different color from their body... I hope I did well enough, I'm by no means a skilled artist. I didn't add any goo waves to the bellies as stretched slime wouldn't have any excess slime that would be able to ooze down. I also changed the inside of the mouth the grey as the inside of a slimes mouth would naturally match the outside, and speaking of colors, the ones you currently have available for hair and parts would work, though it WOULD be nice to have a couple more shades of green and ANY shades of blue.

Slimy Sprites.png
Slimy Sprites.png (25.71 KiB) Viewed 4338 times

Phew, so... what do you think? Do I need to change anything?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:33 am

Oh right! The town names!
In order, so far I have.

#1:The Nucleus
#2:Gootopia
#3:Slimesville
#4:Ectopolis
#5:Blobsburg
#6:Petri Town
#7:Splaton
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:46 am

Turbotowns wrote:Even though there's just one guy working on this, I love how we're all pitching in with ideas, or with making our own races, so Aurilika doesn't have to worry about that. ^^

I'm loving it too. I'm glad this is as well received as it is, and that the community is helping shape the direction it is going.

Turbotowns wrote:Phew, okay! The sprites are done! Ignore the animal ears and tails, slimes don't have those, they DO have "hair" though, and while most match the color of their bodies, I've seen slimes with hair a different color from their body... I hope I did well enough, I'm by no means a skilled artist. I didn't add any goo waves to the bellies as stretched slime wouldn't have any excess slime that would be able to ooze down. I also changed the inside of the mouth the grey as the inside of a slimes mouth would naturally match the outside, and speaking of colors, the ones you currently have available for hair and parts would work, though it WOULD be nice to have a couple more shades of green and ANY shades of blue.

Phew, so... what do you think? Do I need to change anything?

The sprites look great!

I'm planning to do a play through of my current build tonight to look for any issues, and upload it, so that the current bugs are fixed. Then I'll start work on adding both of the new races, and do some preparations (like having a system for recruiting other races, which means I need to do some work to reconfigure to allow multiple races in the same army). I should get a release of that out later this week, that release might finally be one that the saves aren't compatible, but we'll see.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game