Vore War V38J

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

Re: Vore War V38H

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:33 pm

ChaosStar0 wrote:Umm, Hi. I thought this might be fun and downloaded it. Did the tutorial. Went to Create Strategic, went to the Content Settings menu, and now I can't get out of it. I saved the settings and made them the default, but it said an Exception was made and now I can't get out.

Edit: I closed the game, but am still curious why I was stuck.

Edit 2: Here's what the Recentexeptions file says:
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Version :38H
ContentSettings.SetValues () (at <8e84545fe803468c91e6d1cfb96b1a0b>:0)
ContentSettings.ExitAndSave () (at <8e84545fe803468c91e6d1cfb96b1a0b>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edit 3: Okay, I went through the options again enabling a few at a time, and it seems to be in the Gender Options portion. Will continue to search for option that's causing the problem.

Edit 4: Found it. The Herms have Vaginas option is what's causing it.

Ah, something must have broken that, I'll try to put up a patch for it in the next few days.

ChaosStar0 wrote:If I want to change it so that each race pulls from a different list of names I'd do it like the armyNames does it, or is there a different way to do so?

There is a way, you can create a text file that has names for the specific race and gender for example malecats.txt, or femaledriders.txt . Monsters have neutral names so those would just be for example dragon.txt or feralbats.txt
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Panzershark » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:23 pm

I’ve been meaning to ask, is there a way to access the town/village names in order to add to—or I guess change—them? When playing much larger games, especially with abandoned villages on, you can start to come across "Bunnies Town 10" and "Cats Town 12" a lot, so I was wondering if players could add to it on their end, just like for names, custom events, and army names/titles.

I seem to remember being able to see all the town names at one point back when I played on Mac a while ago, but haven’t seen it since. Going back, I think I misremembered that for one time I tried to see all the town names by making a couple massive strategic games, and it never was actually accessible.

If is/was a real function at one point, I would like to ask for directions as to how to find it—it seems to not be in UserData, but maybe it’s somewhere else? If not, I guess I would ask for that to be a feature, if at all possible (it could be potentially way more work than you are willing to put into the game at this point). It would help round out large games, since while you can rename the villages, you have to do that over and over again for each game. Thank you very much!
Panzershark
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:47 pm

Panzershark wrote:I’ve been meaning to ask, is there a way to access the town/village names in order to add to—or I guess change—them? When playing much larger games, especially with abandoned villages on, you can start to come across "Bunnies Town 10" and "Cats Town 12" a lot, so I was wondering if players could add to it on their end, just like for names, custom events, and army names/titles.

I seem to remember being able to see all the town names at one point back when I played on Mac a while ago, but haven’t seen it since. Going back, I think I misremembered that for one time I tried to see all the town names by making a couple massive strategic games, and it never was actually accessible.

If is/was a real function at one point, I would like to ask for directions as to how to find it—it seems to not be in UserData, but maybe it’s somewhere else? If not, I guess I would ask for that to be a feature, if at all possible (it could be potentially way more work than you are willing to put into the game at this point). It would help round out large games, since while you can rename the villages, you have to do that over and over again for each game. Thank you very much!

I don't think there's a way at the moment, short of modifying the source. I'm not sure if I'll take a stab at that, or not, it's possible if the mood strikes me.

38I released, fixing a larger scale exception, and an issue that was brought to my attention.

38I:
Fixed up the system for monster allies. It used to take effect only at the beginning of the game, and changing monster teams mid-game had no effect because monster relations were effectively frozen once they were needed, now you can change it and it takes effect instantly, hopefully with no side effects.
Fixed a major exception where you could not leave the content settings screen when a certain option was enabled.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38I

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:19 am

Graphical error on the inset display regarding raptors and oral vore. Also, apparently there is no belly sprite for compy. Cock vore seems to work correctly for both.

EDIT: Ack. This was 38F. I somehow missed several updates and don’t know if that was fixed in them or not. [email protected]
Attachments
Screenshot at 2022-06-07 04-37-17.png
Screenshot at 2022-06-07 04-37-17.png (20.45 KiB) Viewed 750 times
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:23 pm

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Graphical error on the inset display regarding raptors and oral vore. Also, apparently there is no belly sprite for compy. Cock vore seems to work correctly for both.

EDIT: Ack. This was 38F. I somehow missed several updates and don’t know if that was fixed in them or not. [email protected]

That wasn't fix, and after taking a quick look at it, it's not really an easy fix. The issue is a combination of the ui sprites working slightly differently than the in-game sprites, and the fact that the whole body is offset upwards when it has prey. Most things I could do to fix that risk breaking things for other sprites, so that one I'm just going to leave.

The compy not having belly sprites is intentional, as they are incapable of performing oral vore normally. So I think the only way they could end up with oral prey is through changing the race of a unit with something in it's stomach.

38J released, fixing a major issue I'd accidentally introduced from another fix.

38J:
Fixed a major exception I'd accidentally created when fixing the monster allies bit that prevented you from modifying the content settings window mid-game.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:22 am

Aurilika wrote:…I think the only way they could end up with oral prey is through changing the race of a unit with something in it's stomach.

Having CV disabled will also do the trick.
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Previous

Return to Vore game