Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V37C

Postby Rikku159 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:53 pm

I wonder if this game will ever have online multiplayer?

Imagine that: Us hosting our own V-sports. Ngl, I'd probably watch that.
Rikku159
New to the forum

Re: Vore War V37B

Postby Pegadygor » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Aurilika wrote:
MaleficMustelid wrote:there seems to be an issue with Eternal units never actually coming back after losing a battle. It might have to do with saving/loading between the time that they return but I'm not sure

I did a quick test and couldn't replicate it, the units ended up back at the village as intended, even when saving and loading during the travel time.

I had similar in the past, it usually happened when I killed the Eternal unit in battle and during the same turn conquered multiple of that side's towns, thinking it was somehow related to the destination no longer being available.
However, that was multiple versions ago in the late 20s I think
Pegadygor
Absent-minded glitter-dragon
Absent-minded glitter-dragon

Postby Aurilika » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:52 pm

CrowlingBella wrote:Hello! I've just updated the game to the latest version, and I've encountered an error with selecting actions on other units, which bricks tactical mode.

I'm trying to track that one down but the only cause that seems likely at this point seems it would almost never happen. It seems like the only way that would happen is if it ran past the maximum number of right-click menu buttons, but that's set to 25, which seems like it would be nigh-impossible to exceed without extreme circumstances.

If you get into a battle where that exception happens, can you send me a saved game (you'll have to zip it to upload it here), and put it here, or send me a pm with it.

Rikku159 wrote:I wonder if this game will ever have online multiplayer?

Imagine that: Us hosting our own V-sports. Ngl, I'd probably watch that.

Well, it will never have official multiplayer, but you can do basic multiplayer using a screen sharing software. You'd have to use the same content settings since you're playing the same instance, and you should probably trust the person you're doing it with.

Pegadygor wrote:I had similar in the past, it usually happened when I killed the Eternal unit in battle and during the same turn conquered multiple of that side's towns, thinking it was somehow related to the destination no longer being available.
However, that was multiple versions ago in the late 20s I think

There is logic that's supposed to redirect them if they arrive at a village that's no longer owned by the correct empire, but it's possible there may be a flaw if the conditions are right.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CrowlingBella » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:57 pm

I have no idea how i got it to happen again, but here you go.
Attachments
Test.zip
(50.28 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
CrowlingBella
New to the forum

Postby SmeetReaper » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:08 pm

aww im glad the terror birds finally got put in sad tho they only have oral and ...whatever that other vore is was hopeing to see some influence from the text for terror birds cockvore inspire someone to give them a Cock vore spriteing XD
SmeetReaper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:17 pm

CrowlingBella wrote:I have no idea how i got it to happen again, but here you go.

That helped fix it, thank you.

37D released, fixing up a few more bugs.

37D:
Lizards will no longer spawn with hats and armor when they're set to spawn in rags. (They looked a little bit out of place with that stuff)
Fixed an exception related to using suckle.
Fixed a bug where if the first right click of the game was on an empty tile, a right click on a unit would cause an exception (A fix for a previous issue was to blame).
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V37D

Postby Akai24 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Hello again dear developer of Vore War/Unbridled Hedonism

What do you thing about the mod manager for Vore War/Unbridled Hedonism, so other players will be able to keep game alive?
If you think it's not possible I will appreciate and support you.

By the way thank you for everything that you've done for us I really appreciate every moment that you spent for us when developing these games. I wish you the greatest future that you can imagine for yourself
Akai24
New to the forum

Postby peteian » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:01 am

There are mods for Vore War that aren't integrated into it?
peteian
---

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:28 am

God speed Auri! I look forward to whatever you do next, whenever you decide to do it!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ribona » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:44 pm

why cant i use tail vore i mean im using one of the races with it available i don't have it unchecked in the options but for some reason with all the races i know that have it i couldnt get them to do it was there an update or am i missing something cause i could do it in an earlier version (i forget which but i know it was a recent older version)
Ribona
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:47 pm

Akai24 wrote:Hello again dear developer of Vore War/Unbridled Hedonism

What do you thing about the mod manager for Vore War/Unbridled Hedonism, so other players will be able to keep game alive?
If you think it's not possible I will appreciate and support you.

By the way thank you for everything that you've done for us I really appreciate every moment that you spent for us when developing these games. I wish you the greatest future that you can imagine for yourself

I'm not sure what you mean by a mod manager. Most of the mods that existed were rolled in because mods generally require the game to be built from source and were not easily sharable, at least not in a combinable fashion.

Ribona wrote:why cant i use tail vore i mean im using one of the races with it available i don't have it unchecked in the options but for some reason with all the races i know that have it i couldnt get them to do it was there an update or am i missing something cause i could do it in an earlier version (i forget which but i know it was a recent older version)

Looks like I accidentally created a bug where the tail vore wouldn't show up in the right click menu, but that's fixed for this version.

Okay, as previously stated, this is the final content patch from my hands, I know I indicated it was going to be last year, but I've been lazy. There will be bug fixes if any issues are discovered, though. As far as I know the spriters still plan to continue releasing content, though I haven't heard anything about that lately.

38:
Added the Dratopyr Monster race.
Added some additional vore sprites for the compies.
Added a screen to the main menu that allows you to control what traits can be obtained through assimilate and adaptiveBiology. It allows you to turn off negative traits, or cheat traits, or however you want, or to just completely ignore if you don't play with any races that use one of those traits.
Added an external flag to allow leaders to be in other empire's armies via cheats without trying to kill them every turn. I'm not sure it won't cause bugs, so it's stuck in the external flag list. See the external flags file for details.
Fixed some sprite issues.
Fixed a bug that caused tail vore to not appear in the right click menu.
Fixed a bug that caused excessive land bridges to be generated in water heavy maps. Now each disconnected island is only connected once, instead of every village generating its own land bridge. The old functionality was added to an option in the map generation settings.
Fixed a sprite issue with Eastern Dragons and unbirth.
Fixed a typo that caused belly rub messages to be used instead of breast rub messages.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38

Postby ObsidianSnake » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:48 am

Thanks for the absolutely heroic effort on this, Aurilika!

I did a few quick checks, and here's two problems I've found:
1. Are the Dratopyr werebat + vampire? Either way, I like their personality. Unfortunately, there's a sprite problem with the unit view in the upper left. The genital layer is offset very low.
2. The female EasternDragons have a sprite problem. When successfully targeting a unit for unbirth, the EasternDragon unit sprite shows weight added to both the bell and womb portions of the sprite. In other words, they double the prey, cosmetically speaking. This doesn't impact the impacted unit's ability to use vore actions on additional units. It's purely a graphical error, or so I presume. The male EasternDragons still work as normal when using cock vore, as far as I could tell.

If anybody else finds more issues like these, or you know about a bug that's been around for a while, please mention it fast. If Auri is going to humor us a 38B, let's make it really count.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:27 am

ObsidianSnake wrote:Thanks for the absolutely heroic effort on this, Aurilika!

I did a few quick checks, and here's two problems I've found:
1. Are the Dratopyr werebat + vampire? Either way, I like their personality. Unfortunately, there's a sprite problem with the unit view in the upper left. The genital layer is offset very low.
2. The female EasternDragons have a sprite problem. When successfully targeting a unit for unbirth, the EasternDragon unit sprite shows weight added to both the bell and womb portions of the sprite. In other words, they double the prey, cosmetically speaking. This doesn't impact the impacted unit's ability to use vore actions on additional units. It's purely a graphical error, or so I presume. The male EasternDragons still work as normal when using cock vore, as far as I could tell.

If anybody else finds more issues like these, or you know about a bug that's been around for a while, please mention it fast. If Auri is going to humor us a 38B, let's make it really count.

Okay, I'll probably be putting out a bug fixing patch tomorrow, with those and some other fixes. Someone else noticed that I failed to wire up their traits correctly, so they have no traits, or custom stats.

Honestly I'm not sure what they are exactly. As for the Eastern Dragon, I guess I made a mistake on the previous fix and broke something else so will get that fixed as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Asrielbend » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:49 pm

Will there ever be a point where their can be two leaders or possibly a co leader or something or not so much?
Asrielbend
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShadowRayquaza » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm

Do you think it would be possible to edit/change around the belly sprites at all? More specifically, what belly sprite a race uses when they eat someone? I only ask because I really like the more humanoid-shaped bulge Auri gets when she eats a unit, and was wondering if it would be possible to let the other humanoid races use that belly sprite.
ShadowRayquaza
New to the forum

Postby ObsidianSnake » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:56 pm

ObsidianSnake wrote:I did a few quick checks, and here's two problems I've found:

1B: I may have found something else involving the Dratopyr. I realized that they have breast vore enabled by default when looking at the race page in the unit editor, but the females don't have visible breasts. On a lark, I tried it, and it works, but with no change to the sprite. This may have been intended, or they're just share that quirk with the Kangaroos. (Tangent: I think we'd need some sprite work to make BV with the kangaroos look right and retain their marsupial nature, specifically adding a sheet of pouch bulges for BV, but that might need even more work to support a unit with units in both breasts and stomach/womb. I'm not sure. That might be more work than it's worth.)
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 pm

Asrielbend wrote:Will there ever be a point where their can be two leaders or possibly a co leader or something or not so much?

Perhaps, though it won't be me that does it.

ShadowRayquaza wrote:Do you think it would be possible to edit/change around the belly sprites at all? More specifically, what belly sprite a race uses when they eat someone? I only ask because I really like the more humanoid-shaped bulge Auri gets when she eats a unit, and was wondering if it would be possible to let the other humanoid races use that belly sprite.

The main core of races (the ones based on the common stock, like humans, cats, wolves, etc.) all have a sprite like that if they eat a single unit around their size. I'll check into it as maybe it's not working as well as it should.

ObsidianSnake wrote:1B: I may have found something else involving the Dratopyr. I realized that they have breast vore enabled by default when looking at the race page in the unit editor, but the females don't have visible breasts. On a lark, I tried it, and it works, but with no change to the sprite. This may have been intended, or they're just share that quirk with the Kangaroos. (Tangent: I think we'd need some sprite work to make BV with the kangaroos look right and retain their marsupial nature, specifically adding a sheet of pouch bulges for BV, but that might need even more work to support a unit with units in both breasts and stomach/womb. I'm not sure. That might be more work than it's worth.)

Well, they're not supposed to have the ability to BV at all, it's a bug resulting from the disconnected race parameters, but is fixed for this patch. Since you've looked at that missing page and likely saved, you will need to go there and reset the race after this patch drops to have them grab the stats and traits they're supposed to have.

A quick patch fixing up a few careless errors that I'd made.

38A:
Fixed a bug where the Dratopyr had no traits and only the default stats, because I didn't wire them up correctly. If you have used the race editor to modify them or view them and then saved, you may need to manually open up the race and reset it to default.
Fixed an issue where the dratopyr were being scaled down, making the images look blurry, and throwing off the offsets.
Reverted what was intended as a bug fix for the Eastern Dragon. Also fixed it so unbirth won't affect their normal belly swaying. (There's no way to easily have the unbirth belly animated so it's better that it functions separately)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38A

Postby ShadowRayquaza » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:57 pm

The main core of races (the ones based on the common stock, like humans, cats, wolves, etc.) all have a sprite like that if they eat a single unit around their size. I'll check into it as maybe it's not working as well as it should.

I guess I probably should've been more specific ^^; It's not a glitch or anything wrong with the game, I just meant to say that I preferred Auri's more humanoid-shaped belly to the basic round belly that the other races have. Sorry for the confusion!
ShadowRayquaza
New to the forum

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:49 pm

Aurilika wrote:I guess I made a mistake on the previous fix and broke something else so will get that fixed as well.

How's the tune go?

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs! Take one down, Patch it around, 158 little bugs in the code! :P
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Re: Vore War V38A

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:38 pm

Is it possible to turn off the vaginas on the viper race? I can't find any setting for it, and I'm not sure if it's a bug but they seem to be rendered over top of the belly and generally look a little out of place

Edit: Found a bug as well, if you have a level 2 trainer and use say the extreme training on one army but then train another army at a city with a lower trainer level without reselecting your training option, it will take as much gold as the advanced trainer did while still showing it as only costing the normal gold (though as far as I know will still only give the regular amount of experience)
Last edited by DraconicSyntax on Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game