Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V25J

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:24 am

Any units acquired though events are gender locked(Which I like), but the actual listed gender in the customization/editor menu listed a different gender, and the gender traits they received were a yet different gender. XD
(I got a female fox, that was listed as herm, and was given the male traits.) :lol:

Ah and they get a bonus trait as well! Noice!
Oh~ The potential of these events are DELICIOUS!~

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's been mentioned, but as they are the goblin caravans are pretty, well, outnumbered(at least in my games), like what I noticed someone suggest for the bandits/rebels. Maybe the caravans can match the average max army capacity(which would just be 32 for my games). XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby FinalWolfZX » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:19 am

Gotta say, the events really add a lot of great twists and turns to the game! I do have a few things to mention about the customizable events in the UserData file. For starters, these events tend to repeat themselves even if the 'allow events to repeat' option isn't activated... this seems like a bug to me, but I could be wrong. Also, is there a way to make certain ones of these events appear more often? Like giving them more priority than the others? Lastly, I changed a couple of the event texts to make said event a bit more to my liking, but after doing so I didn't see the event occur until at least 15 or so turns went by... I even tested this by changing one of the events that I saw pretty often, however it didn't cause it to appear just as often as the original event. Is there something I'm missing here?

Anyways, I really am loving the event system over all, I just had those questions. Maybe those questions might bring some bugs into view.... or perhaps some similar questions have already been asked, and if so sorry for repeating them. ^^;
FinalWolfZX
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:17 am

It seems we can't give villages back to the original owner in the map editor like how we can give them to any other race. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby DisguisedQQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:17 pm

I might be just blind, but i'm no longer being able to find option that would prevent armies from moving on first turn...
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby GrayLotus » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:00 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote:I might be just blind, but i'm no longer being able to find option that would prevent armies from moving on first turn...

In the create scenario menu, go to the Game Settings tab. It's the option marked "Armies Frozen for 1 turn" on the left.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Any units acquired though events are gender locked(Which I like), but the actual listed gender in the customization/editor menu listed a different gender, and the gender traits they received were a yet different gender. XD
(I got a female fox, that was listed as herm, and was given the male traits.) :lol:

Ah and they get a bonus trait as well! Noice!
Oh~ The potential of these events are DELICIOUS!~

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's been mentioned, but as they are the goblin caravans are pretty, well, outnumbered(at least in my games), like what I noticed someone suggest for the bandits/rebels. Maybe the caravans can match the average max army capacity(which would just be 32 for my games). XD

Ah, that's because those make the unit and then immediately change the gender, but don't update the traits, so I'll get that fixed.

Okay, I'll update that for goblins to get to a point where it adapts to that, but hopefully stays reasonable.

FinalWolfZX wrote:Gotta say, the events really add a lot of great twists and turns to the game! I do have a few things to mention about the customizable events in the UserData file. For starters, these events tend to repeat themselves even if the 'allow events to repeat' option isn't activated... this seems like a bug to me, but I could be wrong. Also, is there a way to make certain ones of these events appear more often? Like giving them more priority than the others? Lastly, I changed a couple of the event texts to make said event a bit more to my liking, but after doing so I didn't see the event occur until at least 15 or so turns went by... I even tested this by changing one of the events that I saw pretty often, however it didn't cause it to appear just as often as the original event. Is there something I'm missing here?

Anyways, I really am loving the event system over all, I just had those questions. Maybe those questions might bring some bugs into view.... or perhaps some similar questions have already been asked, and if so sorry for repeating them. ^^;

The events in there are allowed to repeat themselves, I figure since there are a lot more of them, and they tend to be less impactful, and they can theoretically change mid-game (if you change the file), it was okay to have them repeat. There's no way to outright specify an event as a higher priority, but you can copy and paste the event and it would appear twice as often (or more if you want). I think there's something like 70 events in there by default, so it's expected it might be a long time until you see a specific event in there. All of the custom events are equally likely to happen (actually that's true for all types of events).

Turbotowns wrote:It seems we can't give villages back to the original owner in the map editor like how we can give them to any other race. XD

Ah, I that's because I have it set to refill the population if you use your own race on it, but I apparently neglected to consider the case where the village wasn't under your own ownership, that's fixed for the next patch.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Younger99 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:46 pm

I noticed that whenever I enter the menus for hiring mercenaries and such I end up with goblins being there even though I don't have them ticked on in the settings nor there to be goblin caravans both options to have them spawn are off yet I still have goblins spawning as mercenaries.
I presume that I have found a bug?
Younger99
Participator

Postby Marpatt » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:58 am

Also, it seems like male traits are applying to female leaders. Which isn't too much of a problem when you're the one playing that race, but could be for ai vs ai battles. ^^;
Marpatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Marpatt wrote:Also, it seems like male traits are applying to female leaders. Which isn't too much of a problem when you're the one playing that race, but could be for ai vs ai battles. ^^;

I tried to tie up loose ends on that front, so hopefully they should always be using the correct set of traits now.

Younger99 wrote:I noticed that whenever I enter the menus for hiring mercenaries and such I end up with goblins being there even though I don't have them ticked on in the settings nor there to be goblin caravans both options to have them spawn are off yet I still have goblins spawning as mercenaries.
I presume that I have found a bug?

I think so, mercenaries would be disabled if they are turned off, but adventurers could still spawn if you were allied with the goblins (which is probably unlikely). I went ahead and just excluded goblins from the adventurer check.

25K:
Feral trait should now work mostly as originally intended. Units with it will attack with a 6 damage base melee weapon, and can not use any weapons or ranged weapons. Rather than reworking a lot of code, AI and mercenaries will still buy weapons, but the weapons are completely ignored. They should function as garrison without buying any weapons. (Note that it only works for garrisons without weapons if the race itself has it, and not a gender within the race)
Manually changing the gender of a unit should update gender specfic traits correctly now. Anywhere else where gender is changed should update traits now correctly as well.
Adding prey to a race or gender in the race editor should now properly make units of that race unable to vore. However, due to the way it's stored, removing it doesn't affect the predator status of already created units. Also, adding prey doesn't have an immediate effect mid-tactical battle. (i.e. you can convert preds to preys in race editor, but not vice versa) (you can only convert a prey to pred by manually removing the pred trait with the unit editor)
Units given a specified gender during creation in events now properly take the traits for that gender (if any)
Goblin army size is now determined by the average of the empire army sizes (instead of being a fixed 12-16)
Fixed an issue where using the map editor to convert the current owner of a village couldn't convert it back to the race of the village.

Also, for those of you curious, I hope to have something to show of UH (the next project) within 3 weeks or so, but we'll see how it goes.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V25K

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:54 pm

UH, eh? We really never did come up with a better name for this game did we? XD
(I mean, there's nothing WRONG with Vore War, has a nice rhyming ring to it, but it's a bit... on the nose? Generic? XD)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:16 pm

I think the name fits for the moment as it perfectly describes what the game's about in its current state. Maybe if we ever get a story or something to work towards besides total conquest we could come up with something different. I vote for calling it: "Best game ever!" Anyone?
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:I vote for calling it: "Best game ever!" Anyone?

While accurate, maybe something a bit more... specifically descriptive? XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Turbotowns wrote:UH, eh? We really never did come up with a better name for this game did we? XD
(I mean, there's nothing WRONG with Vore War, has a nice rhyming ring to it, but it's a bit... on the nose? Generic? XD)

Well, it does have a proper name, but I'm just referring to it by the acronym for now, until it's actually playable. That also gives me the ability to change it if need be, though I think it will stick.

Well, there were a few suggested from time to time, my favorite among them was Consumed Kingdoms. The reason I never changed it is, it felt like there was never really a good enough reason to go through with that. Advantages are having a more distinct name, easier to find and such (my google search had this post as the 13th item, but most of those were youtube videos of this so a more distinct name wouldn't really change that much). Disadvantages of potentially confusing people or causing them to think the game no longer exists.

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:I vote for calling it: "Best game ever!"

I'm flattered (and honestly surprised) to get that high of praise.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Winny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Could have it as a second title. "Vore war" and then under it. "The consumed kingdoms." You still keep the "Vore war." it's just getting a little detailed second title as well.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Oh~ "Consumed Kingdoms"! I really like that one!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Manchura » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:17 pm

I swear at this rate it is gonna be a saga
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marpatt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:18 pm

So, before I make my suggestion, I just wanna say, awesome game you have here Aurilika. I wouldn't say its the best vore game out there (since I do like more taunting and conversation between pred and prey) but its a really fun *game* overall :D

Anyway, onto why I'm making this comment. I feel like, with race editor, and being able to make races basically however you want, you should be able to change the favored stat of each one. Since trying to a certain race a certain way, or fit a certain playstyle (Like foxes are dodgy archers, or Slimes are tanks who can heal each other with their bellies) is a little hard to do when the favored stat is set in stone. I know there's probably a way to change it by rooting around in the files, but having it in game (probably in the race editor somewhere) would be nice :gulp:
Marpatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Don't forget about the giant faires only doing oral vore(even when the discourage option is enabled).
Turbotowns
???

Postby jeveasy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:03 pm

I think vore war is the best, you don't need to always add extra fluff to a title
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby DisguisedQQ » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Totally agree, the name is good as it is.
So... Could you add an option to squad management screen, so you can forbid specific units to use vore actions on ai control? I'd like to have control who has rights to do so... :P
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game