Vore War V25K

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Vore War V25E

Postby carlj » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Aurilika wrote:
carlj wrote:Hey Aurilika, since this is pretty much your last update from you for now, would you consider giving some headlines in how to add stuff into the game (i didn't check the whole thread to see if you already did)?
For example i'm interested in writing some more vore flavor text and new events, im also considering trying my hand at sprites and see if i can make some more belly sprites (im thinking about WAY bigger bellies than the ones currently available, because it's my thing).

well, for simple events, you can add them to the events.txt in userdata. For more complicated events or combat log text, you'd have to download the source, and modify eventlist.cs for events, or tacticalmessagelog.cs or storedlogtexts.cs depending on what actions you were adding them for. As for sprites, also that's done in the source, but is a bit trickier, and harder to explain. (though 1:1 replaces are fairly easy, just replace the sprite sheet), but adding more sprites requires a number of steps.


I see, i'll probably try on my own to see if i can even make some good looking sprites first. What about flavor text during vore? Does it require the source too?
Also for anyone who's already familiar with making sprites what programs you recommend?
carlj
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Anesthetic wrote:So can we only reduce the max Sizes? Cause saving now at a higher max size just resets to default.

Oh and here is an Idea. Is there a way to make it so when you hover over a Trait in the drop down trait list, it tells you what it does. I'm having to go through and add every trait to a race, just to learn what they do.


Yes, it just controls the range it can start at for that race. The range shows the sprites that exist for that race. So if you wanted every cat to start with tiny breasts, you could make their boob range 1 to 1, and if you wanted every dog to start with breasts at least size 4,you can do that as well.

I think I should be able to do that, so I'll try to set it up.

Anesthetic wrote:You can Override the Minimum Setting, to beyond the maximum setting and save that. That will increase the Maximum Setting to be the same as the newly increased minumum setting After you save it, but it won't actually change anything in the gameplay.

Scratch that, it causes all newly spawned memebers of the Race, to pop in with maximum stats in that field.

I thought the Override was going to break the sprites but allow for them to scale beyond the current ammounts. At least that's what I had hoped.

If you surrender everyone to the bats, nothing happens, the bats just sit there perpetually doing nothing.

Fairy Clothes are on the top layer above thier breasts.

That first one is a bug, it should be constrained to the range, but I'll fix that, as well as the other bugs you mention.

Anesthetic wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Oh! Are you talking about the Body size? the one right above base size?

Yes.
Also Cruel seems to have some kind of issue. It seems to lock up the players turn, if they fail to consume the enemy you were attempting to, you can try to do anything but end your turn.

Oh, you were talking about minimum and maximum, I thought you were referring to the weight/boob/dick controls.

I can't seem to replicate that, cruel seems to work just fine on misses for me. My only guess would be that maybe there wasn't enough room to try to eat the target, so you needed to hit space to cancel your action.

Turbotowns wrote:Also the add unit cheat keeps showing up in villages despite being OFF. >.>

Okay, I'll correct that (it seems it wasn't updated when you viewed a village that wasn't yours)

carlj wrote:I see, i'll probably try on my own to see if i can even make some good looking sprites first. What about flavor text during vore? Does it require the source too?
Also for anyone who's already familiar with making sprites what programs you recommend?

I guess there was a miscommunication there, the flavor text is the tacticalmessagelog.cs or storedlogtexts.cs I was referring to, and yes that requires the source.
As for sprites, I've tended to use Piskel because it's got decent features and is free, but I haven't really created anything from scratch. I think GreenSlime and HS use Aseprite.
User avatar
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Aurilika wrote:Oh, you were talking about minimum and maximum, I thought you were referring to the weight/boob/dick controls.

I can't seem to replicate that, cruel seems to work just fine on misses for me. My only guess would be that maybe there wasn't enough room to try to eat the target, so you needed to hit space to cancel your action.



It might be a combination of Traits. I'd bet it likely has something to do with the combination of Cruel and the trait that lets you make 2 Vore attempts.
User avatar
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 am

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby carlj » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Aurilika wrote:
carlj wrote:I see, i'll probably try on my own to see if i can even make some good looking sprites first. What about flavor text during vore? Does it require the source too?
Also for anyone who's already familiar with making sprites what programs you recommend?

I guess there was a miscommunication there, the flavor text is the tacticalmessagelog.cs or storedlogtexts.cs I was referring to, and yes that requires the source.
As for sprites, I've tended to use Piskel because it's got decent features and is free, but I haven't really created anything from scratch. I think GreenSlime and HS use Aseprite.


Yea i misunderstood, i took quick look at the source but i'm not super familiar with unity so it'll take a while, i guess i can try both those programs and see how it goes, thanks again!
carlj
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby shaw843 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Would it be possible to add an option to give traits to all Leaders without using the unit editor one leader at a time?

For example, giving every nations leader the Large trait to further distinguish them.
shaw843
New to the forum
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 pm

shaw843 wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to give traits to all Leaders without using the unit editor one leader at a time?

For example, giving every nations leader the Large trait to further distinguish them.


Oh!~ Seconded!


Ah... can you add an option to HEAVILY nerf the duration of diminishment. I'd like my prey to regrow before they die, and with enough magic stats, lasting 150 turns is far too long. XD

(maybe an option in the unit editor to add/remove effects?)
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

I use "Gulps" like stars. I.E. :gulp: :gulp: equals 2-stars. ^^
User avatar
Turbotowns
---
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Ohio, America
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby VLover552 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Don't know if the break from development is still going on or if this has been said or not before but I just wanted to get this out here in case I forgot it since I think it's a pretty cool idea, the idea is that you can build new cities with a special army that can't attack or something like that and it could cost a lot of gold to do and that could be just as like a beta version of city building but you could eventually use slave labor to make things cheaper then do stuff like go out and build lumber mills and stone mines and such so that in order to build a city you needed actual supplies/resources and such, idk just an idea(s) that I'd figure I'd put here in case someone could improve upon it or if some aspects of it make it into the game because it could make building actual empires actually possible and stuff which would be cool as hell
User avatar
VLover552
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 am

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Anesthetic wrote:It might be a combination of Traits. I'd bet it likely has something to do with the combination of Cruel and the trait that lets you make 2 Vore attempts.

I tried that and it seems to function normally as well.

shaw843 wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to give traits to all Leaders without using the unit editor one leader at a time?

Yeah, that could probably be done, I'll stick that in my list.

Turbotowns wrote:Ah... can you add an option to HEAVILY nerf the duration of diminishment. I'd like my prey to regrow before they die, and with enough magic stats, lasting 150 turns is far too long. XD

(maybe an option in the unit editor to add/remove effects?)

Yeah, I'll probably go the simplest route and just have a "clear all status effects" button in there.

VLover552 wrote:Don't know if the break from development is still going on or if this has been said or not before but I just wanted to get this out here in case I forgot it since I think it's a pretty cool idea, the idea is that you can build new cities with a special army that can't attack or something like that and it could cost a lot of gold to do and that could be just as like a beta version of city building but you could eventually use slave labor to make things cheaper then do stuff like go out and build lumber mills and stone mines and such so that in order to build a city you needed actual supplies/resources and such, idk just an idea(s) that I'd figure I'd put here in case someone could improve upon it or if some aspects of it make it into the game because it could make building actual empires actually possible and stuff which would be cool as hell


I mean the break from my perspective is a permanent thing. I'm still doing some minor features / bug fixes and adding races I knew were being worked on so people's efforts don't go to waste, but that will gradually taper off with time. There has been some noise about someone taking over development, but the details are still in the works.

25G released.

25G:
Race editor and unit editor trait downdowns now display the tooltips for whatever trait you're hovering over.
Hopefully fixed fairy clothing layer issues.
Improved the AI so if all enemy units are surrendered, and the AI units are predators but can't fit the targets, they will attack instead of idling until turn 250.
Fixed a bug where some relation changes were flipped (instead of A's opinion of B, B's opinion of A)
Fixed a bug where the AI could assign books to units with fixed inventories (like monsters)
Fixed some miscellaneous sprite issues.
Sergals will now use the furry genitals option if enabled, as opposed to always normal.
User avatar
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby Marpatt » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:23 pm

With the race editor fully implemented, is there any possibility of adding a way to distribute Traits on a gender basis? (Like Female, Male, Herm) Or maybe even on a gender basis within the race? (so instead of universally adding huge to herms or something, you could add huge to all herms within the wolves)

Thanks for any feedback! :-D
User avatar
Marpatt
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby radiogenicvore » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

Can you make it so that rebels and bandits use the max army and max garrison settings for the race they split from? It becomes a bit impossible to deal with when max armies is set between 2-4 and a 16 unit army spawns to a random AI event. Also thank you for allowing max army sliders to go down to 1 for individual races but for quality of life can you allow the max army slider slider for all races to do the same? In a similar vain can you allow MaxArmies and max army mp to go down to 1 (and higher than 8 for max army mp, some maps can get quite large)? Also is a bug report Fairy BV Type does not stay saved and needs to be reselected every game. Sorry if I'm asking a lot and thank you for the work you've already done.
User avatar
radiogenicvore
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby NSW » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 pm

Aurilika wrote:I mean the break from my perspective is a permanent thing. I'm still doing some minor features / bug fixes and adding races I knew were being worked on so people's efforts don't go to waste, but that will gradually taper off with time. There has been some noise about someone taking over development, but the details are still in the works.

I just wanted to say thanks for all your time and work on this project. It has been fun to follow the development and a joy to play and tinker with. Thanks!
NSW
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:37 am

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby radiogenicvore » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 am

Is the Abandoned Village in the map editor supposed to be owned by Vagrants? is there a way to change this to other monster races or empty?
User avatar
radiogenicvore
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:28 am

It'd be nice if we could wipe out monster spawners.
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

I use "Gulps" like stars. I.E. :gulp: :gulp: equals 2-stars. ^^
User avatar
Turbotowns
---
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Ohio, America
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby lapraslunch » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 am

Just wanted to say first of all that what you've accomplished with this game is utterly amazing! :D Seriously, this is probably one of the best and most feature complete games on the forums here, and I salute you for all your hard work on it~ :) So, even though I will admit that I am saddened to hear that you are winding down production in preparation for moving on to other projects, I'm infinitely grateful for all the work you've done on this one.

Now, of course, with that out of the way, I figured it would be good if I reported a bug I noticed in the most recent version of the game. Apparently, having harm teammates enabled seems to break vore as failing a vore attempt with the setting enabled freezes the controls, preventing any of your units from taking any action other than ending the turn or passing control over to the A.I.
lapraslunch
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:33 am

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:04 am

I noticed the titaning exploit was fixed. XD
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

I use "Gulps" like stars. I.E. :gulp: :gulp: equals 2-stars. ^^
User avatar
Turbotowns
---
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Ohio, America
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby RichardDix » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Noticed something minor in the "Mercenaries / Wild Monster Spawning" tab. The E in Eat from "Eat all villagers takes this many turns" is cut off, and the wild monster scrollbar is on top of the last S in spells from "Monsters drop spells". Not really important since you know what is written anyways, but figured I should mention it.
User avatar
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:54 pm

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:42 pm

And now the fairy scaling seems too low(XD), any giants(huge+large) require a LOT of prey to get even a decent bulge(and the size of the prey doesn't seem to matter).
Might actually be a bug with giants(though giant slimes are fine).

(And despite being monsters, fairies can't be summoned with the summon spell... OH! How about, like with how we can choose what races show up as mercenaries, how about we can choose what can be summoned? maybe even set it to a per race/civ basis? Ex. Lamia can only summon serpents, while Scylla can only summon sharks and/or darkswallowers)
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

I use "Gulps" like stars. I.E. :gulp: :gulp: equals 2-stars. ^^
User avatar
Turbotowns
---
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Ohio, America
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby carlj » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:33 pm

So while i was scouting the source code i noticed a set of different belly sprites for Zoey in which she has her belly sideways, any reasons of why it's not used? I also noticed a series of combat logs that triggers if the pred eats its first prey but i don't remember having seen it working in game. Anyway i decided that i'm gonna make more lamias snake belly because it bothers me how no matter how full they are the snake belly doesn't reflect their human belly.
carlj
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Marpatt wrote:With the race editor fully implemented, is there any possibility of adding a way to distribute Traits on a gender basis? (Like Female, Male, Herm) Or maybe even on a gender basis within the race? (so instead of universally adding huge to herms or something, you could add huge to all herms within the wolves)

Thanks for any feedback! :-D


Yes, though it would take a little bit more set up. I'll add it to my list but may not get to it right away.

radiogenicvore wrote:Can you make it so that rebels and bandits use the max army and max garrison settings for the race they split from? It becomes a bit impossible to deal with when max armies is set between 2-4 and a 16 unit army spawns to a random AI event. Also thank you for allowing max army sliders to go down to 1 for individual races but for quality of life can you allow the max army slider slider for all races to do the same? In a similar vain can you allow MaxArmies and max army mp to go down to 1 (and higher than 8 for max army mp, some maps can get quite large)? Also is a bug report Fairy BV Type does not stay saved and needs to be reselected every game. Sorry if I'm asking a lot and thank you for the work you've already done.


Rebels are supposed to use the max army size of the race of the village's owner. Bandits currently do not, but I'll add that in for consistency. I'll update the all slider. Max Armies I can certainly adjust as well. I'll also add higher army mp, but the reason army MP can't decrease to one is that forests, etc. take 2 mp to enter. Technically I could modify the way it works so that you can always enter even if max mp is set to 1, but that's extra special case rules, and makes for the oddity that at 1 mp, forests and hills would be the same as grass. Will fix fairy BV type.

NSW wrote:I just wanted to say thanks for all your time and work on this project. It has been fun to follow the development and a joy to play and tinker with. Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

radiogenicvore wrote:Is the Abandoned Village in the map editor supposed to be owned by Vagrants? is there a way to change this to other monster races or empty?

I did that because it was the easiest way to set it up, but the actual race is irrelevant, because as soon as it gets any population, the race would change. They should always spawn with 0 population, so they are the same as a deserted village of any other race.

Turbotowns wrote:It'd be nice if we could wipe out monster spawners.

I mean they are just an artificial creation, so you'd have to roleplay it in and disable them manually.

lapraslunch wrote:Just wanted to say first of all that what you've accomplished with this game is utterly amazing! :D Seriously, this is probably one of the best and most feature complete games on the forums here, and I salute you for all your hard work on it~ :) So, even though I will admit that I am saddened to hear that you are winding down production in preparation for moving on to other projects, I'm infinitely grateful for all the work you've done on this one.

Now, of course, with that out of the way, I figured it would be good if I reported a bug I noticed in the most recent version of the game. Apparently, having harm teammates enabled seems to break vore as failing a vore attempt with the setting enabled freezes the controls, preventing any of your units from taking any action other than ending the turn or passing control over to the A.I.


Thank you! Well, my next project is also a vore game so this won't be the last you see of me, though it is quite a bit different (A text heavy sim with AI controlled characters, though I'm avoiding going into much detail until it starts getting into good shape). Suffice to say, my tenets of gameplay driven and lots of customization will continue.

That may be the issue with a different bug that was reported that I couldn't reproduce, so I'll check into it and get it fixed.

Turbotowns wrote:I noticed the titaning exploit was fixed. XD

That's odd, because I don't think I changed anything that would have caused that. I was intending to just leave it as it was.

RichardDix wrote:Noticed something minor in the "Mercenaries / Wild Monster Spawning" tab. The E in Eat from "Eat all villagers takes this many turns" is cut off, and the wild monster scrollbar is on top of the last S in spells from "Monsters drop spells". Not really important since you know what is written anyways, but figured I should mention it.

Okay, I'll fix them.

Turbotowns wrote:And now the fairy scaling seems too low(XD), any giants(huge+large) require a LOT of prey to get even a decent bulge(and the size of the prey doesn't seem to matter).
Might actually be a bug with giants(though giant slimes are fine).

(And despite being monsters, fairies can't be summoned with the summon spell... OH! How about, like with how we can choose what races show up as mercenaries, how about we can choose what can be summoned? maybe even set it to a per race/civ basis? Ex. Lamia can only summon serpents, while Scylla can only summon sharks and/or darkswallowers)


Well, I was attempting to get them to a somewhat believable level, as I'd received comments that they shouldn't use the normal rate, but they may need more tweaking.

As for the summons, that's mostly because it just uses a consecutive set of monsters for easy set up. I would continue that system, but then dragons would be in the mix, and that would be a little too random. I might have it pick randomly from all monsters enabled as hireable, though I'd still have it avoid dragons, and that way it would avoid monsters that people don't want to see. Individual summoning lists for each race would probably be kind of a mess, so I'm not going to do that.

carlj wrote:So while i was scouting the source code i noticed a set of different belly sprites for Zoey in which she has her belly sideways, any reasons of why it's not used? I also noticed a series of combat logs that triggers if the pred eats its first prey but i don't remember having seen it working in game. Anyway i decided that i'm gonna make more lamias snake belly because it bothers me how no matter how full they are the snake belly doesn't reflect their human belly.

Her sideways sprites are used when she does her tail attack special. They are further divided into small belly sideways, and big belly sideways, with different body poses.
The first time messages have a few qualifiers to prevent them from being spammed out. They only apply to predators less than level 10, first digestion, and not mercenaries, or in pure tactical mode (i.e. from the create tactical screen (otherwise pure tactical matches would be all first time messages)).
User avatar
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Vore War V25G

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 pm

Hmmm, I'll try it again. No, it still works, nice! XD

And... er... the monsters... might be capped at lvl 101... I'll have to do some more checking... but I've noticed this consistency(despite my alliance of 5 races, being WELL over the 20% that doesn't effect monsters, being well over lvl 300)...

Wait, YEAH! Despite having the exp, it seems they don't go above lvl 101... AH! I noticed, when autoleveling at my current absurd levels, that it can only level up 100 levels at a time, to auto level from lvl 1 to 300, you have to auto level THREE TIMES! I guess monsters can only do it once per turn, and they attack immediately, resulting in them being under leveled, if they survived a turn, they'd probably get to lvl 201, but, well... emphasis on "IF". Oh! I noticed a couple times when my captured cities were attacked, the garrison was also at lvl 101, so I guess the garrisons can only lvl once a turn as well. XD

Another possible bug is that my fled/dismissed units went ALL the way to slime town 11, when there were FAR closer villages to reach.

Also, JEEZ does my merely huge slime(lvl340) digest and absorb these weak ass harpies(lvl35 average), like in TWO TURNS, even WITH the slow vore traits, could you maybe add it so that those traits(slow digestion and slow absorption), gives at least 5 turns(MINIMUM) for each phase? If that's at all possible? (Also, despite the chance to vore these little snacks is 99%! I'm failing surprising frequent, I can't be this unlucky, can I?)
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

I use "Gulps" like stars. I.E. :gulp: :gulp: equals 2-stars. ^^
User avatar
Turbotowns
---
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Ohio, America
Blog: View Blog (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CheeseTheCluelessUke, Dracon_Kitsune, jacobgr05, KDzee, kitsune12, lati65, neobunnycrisp, pineapple02, praven, ramdom1235, something1337, Stormvolt, the lone Drow, xzw and 62 guests