Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.1.1 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:29 pm

I pray for frogs and slimes!
Turbotowns
???

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I pray for frogs and slimes!
I too anticipate slimes, the things you could do with a semi-transparent creature with no defined shape. Then there is also the products they could make thinking of it they could naturally produce a goop that is fairly cheap however there could a new system where the player could refine it to make a different product with a higher price and or boost if used on a monster like jelly giving more happiness, you could also have it use a second ingredient like slime and beer making mead.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Catvs » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:02 pm

WolfieTheScapeGoat wrote:Catvs, I did take the mermaids into consideration, I also took into consideration something Sulac said he plans to do and that is adding more monsters that share the existing locations, so the mermaids at some point wont be the only creatures in the pond,however I am interested in any designs you can come up with for the game, the program I use is Aseprite which is both an image and animation editor designed with pixel art in mind, its on steam however does cost money, if your looking for a free program most image editors can do pixel art if you zoom in far and turn the brush size way down so any of those you already have should work.

Speaking of the pond I have added a few more decorative items to the pond though I now feel like there may be a few too many lily-pads.
Spoiler: show
pond.png

I'll check it out and start seeing how it works. I used to make minecraft skins back in the day so pixel art shouldn't be that hard for me to grab a hold of. I was also wonder what dimensions you'd want the sprites to be as well as how they should look cause I know you are coming up with a new style for the game so I wanna know how they should look. And if you can what kinds of monsters may inhabit the areas so I may come up with a few examples.
Catvs
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:13 pm

I too have a little experience with pixel art, including minecraft skins! XD There used to be a program, called like "Minecraft Skin 3D", but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Turbotowns
???

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 pm

Spoiler: show
ShowinTell.png
ShowinTell.png (14.52 KiB) Viewed 3589 times

I will not lie Im not the greatest drawer out there but I can make stuff look half descent so Im sure you could get a hang for it.
As for the dimensions there a bit all over, each monster have there own and the humans aswell, ignoring the hair the adult human is 49 pixels tall with there eye line about 41 pixels, and there width facing forward in this example is 21 pixels wide however there is plans for a weight gain system that would effect this but not by much as the max size would still be under 32 pixels. With this in mind I have the tiles as 32x32 pixels but Im willing to stretch past this for structures as seen with the fence shown. And last the menu icons are no larger then 17x17.
As for a style or theme I dont really have one, I guess you could say kinda cute and light but I have shown some of the icons as those can kinda illustrate what Im going for.
And for planned monsters I dont know other then the ones already in game, though I think this rework may take long enough that one or two more monsters could be added by the time I finish.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Soroxas77 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:21 pm

So, I'm kinda wondering how to determine when the farmhand gets eaten since I've had the farmhand eaten even when every monster girl is fed, and the player has eaten too.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:37 am

Soroxas77 wrote:...and the player has eaten too.

I LOVE eating someone before letting a monster eat me. Matryoshka vore is SO GOOD. And imagining them with an even bigger belly is loooovely... (now if only it was samesex applicable...)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Soroxas77 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Soroxas77 wrote:...and the player has eaten too.

I LOVE eating someone before letting a monster eat me. Matryoshka vore is SO GOOD. And imagining them with an even bigger belly is loooovely... (now if only it was samesex applicable...)

My point was that even with everyone full, the I have gotten the farmhand eaten.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Soroxas77, The current build for the game has quite a few bugs related to the farmhand one of them being that monsters still eat them even when it should be impossible for them to do so, I assume the check that is used is similar to when a monster is breeding with a stud or the player but one of the lines is corrupted so it no longer works as intended. I would suggest avoiding the farmhands until the next update.

Turbotowns, While I agree it would be good to allow for samesex parings I feel that is a long off addition if it will ever be added at all as the current plan for the sex animations will have to account for 768 combinations of base partners, if samesex pairs were to be added that would triple this number.
*Edit to give an idea how big a jump this is the current in game animations only account for between 2-6 of these combinations.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:48 pm

WolfieTheScapeGoat wrote:Soroxas77, The current build for the game has quite a few bugs related to the farmhand one of them being that monsters still eat them even when it should be impossible for them to do so, I assume the check that is used is similar to when a monster is breeding with a stud or the player but one of the lines is corrupted so it no longer works as intended. I would suggest avoiding the farmhands until the next update.

Turbotowns, While I agree it would be good to allow for samesex parings I feel that is a long off addition if it will ever be added at all as the current plan for the sex animations will have to account for 768 combinations of base partners, if samesex pairs were to be added that would triple this number.
*Edit to give an idea how big a jump this is the current in game animations only account for between 2-6 of these combinations.

I think you misunderstand me mate, I was talking about samesex VORE, NOT samesex sex(Which is to say, a way for our female farmer to be eaten by female monsters, even if it IS done through the context of aftersex, if it's farmer exclusive, there's no issue, as we don't HAVE any farmerXmonster animations...at least, not yet).
Turbotowns
???

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:41 am

Turbotowns wrote:I think you misunderstand me mate, I was talking about samesex VORE, NOT samesex sex(Which is to say, a way for our female farmer to be eaten by female monsters, even if it IS done through the context of aftersex, if it's farmer exclusive, there's no issue, as we don't HAVE any farmerXmonster animations...at least, not yet).

I didn't misunderstand what you had asked but saw it was semi close to the problem I was trying to square in my head and thought a small rant might help me figure it out or someone else might have a better solution to share then mine. Now the problem I had and still do is how to make the animations look good with so many possible actors and still keep the work load low, and I came to the solution that I cant.

So I am asking now if generally people would be alright with some of the multi actor animations not fitting quite as intended in some cases, the best example for what I mean is the in-game breeding animations for the cows and harpies when both partners have eaten prey that day and how there bellies overlap, if this little thing doesn't bother people then I could get these sets of sprites done relatively fast, however if people would rather it have more polish from the start I could do that as well keeping in mind it could easily triple the work needed on both the art and coding sides.

I also have one last thing to add as in the time from my last post here I have been unable to make any progress as first my work place opening back up requiring a lot of my time to get thing back in order to handle customers again, then having my computer give out on me, luckily nothing was lost however it took a while to be able to get it replaced, now however things are getting back on track so I can start back again though its looking likely that I may not be able to finish before the end of the year.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Catvs » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:52 am

Reading the stuff at the top I can very much agree that I would rather have quality over how fast the progress is made. It is all done by people who just want to make stuff and I gotta say anything like that I admire. As soon as I get some cash I myself might even help out with this if possible and create some helpful sprites if I can.

Honestly if you guys made a Go-Fund-Me or something like that for this game there would be people willing to help support it.

But as a note I really do enjoy this game and hope it's taken care of.
Catvs
Somewhat familiar

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:42 pm

Catvs I can certainly agree that quality is better then speed in almost every way, and if you do scrape some cash together I will be looking forward to working with you and anyone else that wishes to contribute. As for the Go-Fund-Me I don't think that is something we could do at the moment considering how most of the game uses unoriginal assets from other games but once most of them have been replaced it may be something that could be done, it would be up to Sulac in any case to deside.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:02 am

I generally favor quality over speed, but in this case I'd lean more towards the speed side, since it sounds like the exceptions are less common occurrences and the work needed to address them would be so substantial for relatively little return. I'd personally be good with getting content sooner, then ironing out the issues when convenient.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Catvs » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:24 am

WhatTheNani wrote:I generally favor quality over speed, but in this case I'd lean more towards the speed side, since it sounds like the exceptions are less common occurrences and the work needed to address them would be so substantial for relatively little return. I'd personally be good with getting content sooner, then ironing out the issues when convenient.

That is a good point for a game such as this but because they are working on replacing the Stardew Valley sprites and textures (on top of animating them and putting them in code) when a new version of the game is ready it would be best that it is playable with the new assets. I'm not sure how coding works but I'm sure it's just a matter of time until the new textures are fitted with the code and the game itself is able to become a little different.

I myself have seen the sample images for the sprites and I'm a bit iffy on the look but if the game is functional then I'll be more than happy to play it and perhaps even take what is already in the game and improve them.

Small tweaks are great and simple updates to improve are great, but much like with demos it can really hurt a games reputation if the game isn't playable on day 1.
Catvs
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:31 pm

Catvs wrote:but much like with demos it can really hurt a games reputation if the game isn't playable on day 1.

Yyyyeah, doesn't matter if we got an update tomorrow, if it's unplayable, we might as well have not even got an update.
Turbotowns
???

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:53 pm

I cant speak for the coding side except for that I'm attempting to keep it so Sulac doesn't have a load of work to do in terms of reworking it.

As for the art side I am very interested in any opinions on it as I will not lie I'm not that skilled in many ways, if there is something you see as off looking and have any suggestions how to change it or have examples of how you think it should look I'm glad to take the feed back ether here or in a PM if you don't want to clutter the forum.
It all contributes to a better end product which is what I think matters most.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:13 pm

I mean I'd agree for sure that I'd rather wait longer for updates than get one that's unplayable, but would not having sprite work done for a couple niche scenarios do that? Like, genuinely not sure on this angle cause I'm not a programmer. However if it just means that a couple animations look janky as fuck then that's something I'm willing to live with.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Catvs » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:02 am

WhatTheNani wrote:I mean I'd agree for sure that I'd rather wait longer for updates than get one that's unplayable, but would not having sprite work done for a couple niche scenarios do that? Like, genuinely not sure on this angle cause I'm not a programmer. However if it just means that a couple animations look janky as fuck then that's something I'm willing to live with.

Okay now I think I get where you're going.
Yeah, I could live with a few animation errors and such because that wouldn't directly impact the game mechanics wise. Though I am a sucker for good looking games, but yeah, as long as I'm able to feed my monster girls then I'm happy.
Catvs
Somewhat familiar

Postby DragonqueenShyvana » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:21 pm

game have a bug ? i can not play ? also i can do a charakter and walk arround but i can not read a text and on th streat is no wait no a another place
DragonqueenShyvana
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game