Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.1.0 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby WhatTheNani » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:48 pm

Been noticing a fair number of odd bugs and crashes so figured I'd start over and try and see what i could find out about them. Day 1 I wasn't able to hire a farmhand because I couldn't move the cursor off of "no" when talking to him. Set reputation to max and went to bed, then the next day I could hire him just fine. Can also confirm that the farmhand still costs 2000 to hire. Tried seeing what would happen if I hired him but didn't get any monsters, and I got this crash upon trying to sleep:
of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

local variable foodmod(100007, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_advance_Collect
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_advance_Collect (line -1)
gml_Script_advance_Day
gml_Object_obj_bed_Step_0

Went to test an issue previously noted for myself with farmhands being eaten after that. Bought a single cowgirl, guaranteed not voracious personality, and the only girl on the ranch. Got a "-1 Ate the Farmhand" message. Cowgirl did not have a belly, so yeah, there is some lovecraftian creature on our farm with a taste for farmhands it seems.

Already noted this one but trying to enter the farm after hiring a stud for a centaur gave this:
of Draw Event
for object obj_monstergirl:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Script_drawFieldSex
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_drawFieldSex (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_monstergirl_Draw_0

Got this when trying to walk into the barn after a cowgirl ate a stud while pregnant (however did not get the crash when trying to enter the barn while the girl was mating. Also did not get the crash when feeding this girl another cowgirl).:
of Draw Event
for object obj_monstergirl:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Script_drawFieldVore
stack frame is
gml_Script_drawFieldVore (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_monstergirl_Draw_0

Had the same crash as above when trying to enter the cave with the same circumstances as the barn. Had a similar glitch to the one in Jidane's post immediately prior to this post, where the lamia's sprite was a mess when hovering over her while hiring a stud (the only parts of her body that could be seen were purple outlines of her breasts and the top half of her head, which was at the bottom of the box, next to the dotted line.) Same crash above also occured when trying to feed a pregnant cowgirl another cowgirl. Seems to be an issue with pregnancy+vore for sure, but not when in the mating animation.

Ended the run when I got this error any time I tried to sleep:
of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Script_advance_MonsterGirls
stack frame is
gml_Script_advance_MonsterGirls (line -1)
gml_Script_advance_Day

It was day 14, nothing I did or did not do seem to have an effect on the crash. For reference, there were no children or teens on the ranch. All the girls on the ranch were pregnant and the mermaid and harpy had both eaten someone. I don't think anyone was going to give birth.

For non-crash inducing bugs, centaurs top halves have a thin empty space separating them from their bottom halves. I'm going to assume that's where -1, the void monster eating my farmhands, lives. The transparent lamia bellies also happened to me, but I don't think it was after eating anyone? Can't remember the circumstances and not sure what caused it. Also, Creamoi's head and body are slightly misaligned, at least when she's got the normal pregnant belly. Not sure about otherwise since that's the only way I saw her this time.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby mikoc5 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Hey, a wild thought occured to me when I was reading about the planned update. Namely, I was wondering... Would the high-stakes (aka underground, monster eat monster) contests be taking place in the same building as the regular ones, so I was wondering if they were gonna take place in another location, such as less presentable part of town, or ironically a wealthier part of town. I was thinking, if you were to implement that location, what could be placed there? Well, obviously, narcotics dealers would be raking in the cash if you were going to buy uh... "Stat boosters" that increase your girls' strength but at the cost of either health (if the drugs are damaging to their system) or happiness (If the drugs make them depressed). Alternatively, they could offer "Cheap medicine" that dampens the girls' stats but increases their health or happiness.
While you're there, plz include my earlier suggestion to add an academy, and possibly even a hospital that would charge hefty fees for taking care of your girls, but releasing them with great health! I'm just hoping to drop some ideas that people will find useful! (I'm not demanding anything, just to be clear, you make your game how you want it.)
mikoc5
Been posting for a bit

Postby Phillipi » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:23 pm

the char need has more option, the after monster being cool if put savage to make more life and have more risk and bet
Phillipi
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:59 am

Phillipi wrote:the char need has more option, the after monster being cool if put savage to make more life and have more risk and bet

...Huh? Could we get an interpreter?
Turbotowns
???

Postby WhatTheNani » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:54 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Phillipi wrote:the char need has more option, the after monster being cool if put savage to make more life and have more risk and bet

Well I'm not fluent by any stretch, but it sounds like he wants more character customization options and more savage monsters so that it's more lifelike and there is more of a feeling of risk. No idea what "the after monster being cool" means though. Best guess is maybe make maybe make monsters that eat someone get cooler and more savage?
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Catvs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:19 am

WhatTheNani wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

Well I'm not fluent by any stretch, but it sounds like he wants more character customization options and more savage monsters so that it's more lifelike and there is more of a feeling of risk. No idea what "the after monster being cool" means though. Best guess is maybe make maybe make monsters that eat someone get cooler and more savage?

Having Savage monsters was something I suggested a while back, and if I might add we may get something like this when a fighting system is in place tho I cannot confirm such ideas. There is actually already a way in the game to make a monster more "savage" by repeatedly starving it and then feeding it a whole healthy monster. Thought it takes a long process your monster gal will become stronger and more predator making a meal of almost any monster whether it's hungry or not.
If savage was a stat in the game I would also recommend having feral monsters attacks every now and again attempting to make a meal of a monster in your farm, or even you while you're asleep or something. But again I think all of this is being considered though I cannot speak for the creator.
Catvs
Somewhat familiar

Postby sars4 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:59 am

I,m having some trouble with the game. everytime i try to run it , it says this app cant run on your pc :?
sars4
New to the forum

Postby Persona59523 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:51 pm

sars4 wrote:I,m having some trouble with the game. everytime i try to run it , it says this app cant run on your pc :?

That normal. Most times, you will have games that you want to play but are not made by big companies. If you are dealing with the blue box saying that it might be a virus, just click more information. You would then be able to run it.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby TinTan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Is fighting competion in game or in development?
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Persona59523 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:25 pm

TinTan wrote:Is fighting competion in game or in development?

It still in development. Right now, it either in the bugs fixing phase or trying to add a new feature.
Persona59523
Participator

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.1.1 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby Sulac » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Woof, finally got an update out. This should fix all issues with child and teenage monsters not producing items properly. Issues with breeding Centaurs should also be fixed. I moved the full changelog in the first post to a google doc now, because it's getting long. Farmhand fixes are still in progress, but I really wanted to get the biggest fixes out now.

Spoiler: show
v0.5.1.1 - Bugfixes
-Fixed monsters not producing items when advancing age properly
-Fixed infinite milk from Cowgirls born on ranch
-Fixed purchased Lamias not drawing underbellies
-Fixed newborn Harpies and Lamias not having wings/tail color set properly
-Fixed numerous issues when drawing Centaurs having sex
-Fixed teenage monsters being drawn incorrectly in certain menus
-Fixed crash involving Cowgirls voring mate after sex
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:00 pm

I've been playing the new build and only encountered one bug which crashes the game but doesn't generate a crash report. It happens every 5-8 days when using the bed to advance time, it also happens again if I load the last auto save and try to advance time again but doesn't repeat if I manually save beforehand. I can't figure out what causes this crash as it appear to happen regardless of what is happening elsewhere in game (whether or not the farm has monsters, those monsters are pregnant, having eaten another monster, or the player has). The only thing I can think of that it might be is a memory leak or some other run on task that just over loads at a point and crashes the game.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:05 pm

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

unable to convert string " ate the farmhand..." to float
at gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64 (line -1)

Whelp already ran into a problem, started a fresh game, bought a Cowgirl, used the usual cheats to get her happiness and health to full while making her hungry enough to eat live food, hired a stud to breed with her, hired a farmhand to let them collect the item(s) every day and went to bed to go to the next day and this error popped up.

of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

stack frame is
gml_Script_advance_Day
Centaur getting bred is still having problems. And to verify, this is also from a fresh new game so she's not pregnant.

of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

stack frame is
gml_Script_advance_Day
Seems mermaids are having the same problem. Not sure what's causing the error, when I bought the cowgirl, hired a stud to breed with her and hired a farmhand to collect items, the noise of her and the stud going at it went off as usual before I got that first error.

I think I've figured out what's causing the crash and error, the farmhand for whatever reason is causing an error to pop up. Did another new game, bought a Lamia this time, hired a stud to breed with her but didn't hire a farmhand this time and it went through just fine.

I think I'm running into all kinds of stuff while trying to play the game.

https://i.imgur.com/jljdnmI.png

I'll let the picture explain itself.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:03 pm

Got this trying to sleep after using the "Breakwater" cheat:
of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Script_advance_MonsterGirls
stack frame is
gml_Script_advance_MonsterGirls (line -1)
gml_Script_advance_Day

Had one monster of each type pregnant and this was right after a couple births, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Crash didn't happen if i didn't use the cheat.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:37 pm

WhatTheNani
If you where breeding pregnant monsters the day there about to give birth then when the second child is created it will still be assigned to the same slot as the first one leading to massive errors as the game can't handle to monsters in one spot. There are ways to stop the crash thought, first is you can get rid of the pregnant monster, second is to get rid of the first born monster before the second one is born, and last one is to not breed pregnant monsters to begin with.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Well SOME bugs were fixed. XD
Any ETA for kids being able to vore?
Turbotowns
???

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:22 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Well SOME bugs were fixed. XD
Any ETA for kids being able to vore?
Like Sulac said he is currently focused on bug fixes right now, so any new features are being pushed off for a bit, he also said he hadn't gotten to any of the bugs with the farmhands so those still appearing are expected.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:57 pm

I have encountered a bug where neither my player character (female) nor any of my cowgirls can get pregnant. Pregnancy was working and then it just...stopped. I have no males of other species so idk if this is a cow-only bug or nah.

EDIT: It's not cow-only. I can't get any other monsters pregnant.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:03 am

Shugoki wrote:I have encountered a bug where neither my player character (female) nor any of my cowgirls can get pregnant. Pregnancy was working and then it just...stopped. I have no males of other species so idk if this is a cow-only bug or nah.

That is a strange one, I assume you tried multiple times and where not at the cap for any of your monsters (8 for cows, 6 harpies, and 4 for each of the others).
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 am

WolfieTheScapeGoat wrote:
Shugoki wrote:I have encountered a bug where neither my player character (female) nor any of my cowgirls can get pregnant. Pregnancy was working and then it just...stopped. I have no males of other species so idk if this is a cow-only bug or nah.

That is a strange one, I assume you tried multiple times and where not at the cap for any of your monsters (8 for cows, 6 harpies, and 4 for each of the others).

I had 1 lamia and 1 harpy. I got the harpy knocked up, but it didn't work on the lamia; and I think I successfully bred the harpy before delivering my own kid. I also think I only had 7 cows, but I might be wrong. I've lost the save since getting this bug, so unfortunately I can't test any further.

Also of note: When I finally gave birth, the kid came out as a fucking adult, and I could breed him. It had no effect.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game