Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.4.0.5 - Mega Rework)

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Sulac wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Name still isn't fixed... -.-

Are you sure? The dev version I play has the player's name saved and referred to correctly.

Yes, my name doesn't seem to save, though we'll see if it's fixed now.

Sulac wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Eh? "I" have a stat cap? How is THAT supposed to be increased?

One of the random bits of NPC dialogue has a hint for that.

Oh, that bit about eating monsters... Hmm...
Turbotowns
???

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 pm

Out of curiosity, do you have any intention of putting in some kind of cheat or code for various things? I've restarted the game a couple of times because of crashes (and yes, it was my own fault a few times for playing on the unstable version, but still), and now I have to do it again to fix my name, so having to start over from the beginning again is kind of painful. On top of that, there are some times where it'd just be nice to not have to worry about grinding up the money and just buying whatever monster you want to have fun with.

The game is really fun to play, but like the game its sprites come from, the start-up/early game is very slow and can be annoying, especially if one of your favorite monster types is mer (which mine is), since that's the very last one you can get, so I'm just wondering if you ever plan to make that a feature (whether for people trying to repair a lost file or just to skip the grinding to jump to the vore fun).
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby dirito » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:09 am

The eighty-eighth day will never come :(
of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64 (line -1)
dirito
Been posting for a bit

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am

Since players can nom random NPCs in town now, do you think you can make it where female townspeople can appear? I mean you don't have to sprite anything as you can just use the female player character sprite or one of the desk clerks from the ranch, grocery store or contest hall. I ask this mostly cause (and I'm not trying to speak for everyone) not everyone is into M/M or F/M. I mean if you don't want to then thats fine as this is your game but I figured I'd ask anyway.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Mario2982 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am

I want to congratulate the creator(s)? of this game. I really enjoy it and look forward to future updates. I am also pleased at the speed these updates are coming out, considering I went to the bed and there is now two more updates.lol
Mario2982
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pm

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Since players can nom random NPCs in town now, do you think you can make it where female townspeople can appear? I mean you don't have to sprite anything as you can just use the female player character sprite or one of the desk clerks from the ranch, grocery store or contest hall. I ask this mostly cause (and I'm not trying to speak for everyone) not everyone is into M/M or F/M. I mean if you don't want to then thats fine as this is your game but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Actually, I was thinking of asking for female npcs too, but I couldn't think of justification.
Turbotowns
???

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Since players can nom random NPCs in town now, do you think you can make it where female townspeople can appear? I mean you don't have to sprite anything as you can just use the female player character sprite or one of the desk clerks from the ranch, grocery store or contest hall. I ask this mostly cause (and I'm not trying to speak for everyone) not everyone is into M/M or F/M. I mean if you don't want to then thats fine as this is your game but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Actually, I was thinking of asking for female npcs too, but I couldn't think of justification.

Lol, guess I beat ya to it and gave a fair reason. XD
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:44 pm

Huh, I didn't even realize they were all male NPCs. Stardew sprites all look the same to me clothed, so I just assumed that was the case here.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Well if the sprites didn't suggest males NPCs then their names definitely should have. I mean a couple of them have somewhat femine or unisex names but most are male names.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby knonme21 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:33 pm

So, for whatever reason my game crashes when I talk to any mates in the hungry harpy.

of Step Event0
for object menu_controller:

local variable pred(100003, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_stud_CalcPrice
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_stud_CalcPrice (line -1)
gml_Object_menu_controller_Step_0
knonme21
New to the forum

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.4.0.6 - Mega Rework)

Postby Sulac » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Another day, another attempted fix.

Spoiler: show
v0.4.0.6 - Bigfixes
-Implemented cheat codes
-Made another attempt at fixing childbirth related crashes
-Fixed crash when trying to hire stud with no monster girls

I should be able to pull that off. Not immediately though, there are somewhat more pressing issues to deal with first.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:Out of curiosity, do you have any intention of putting in some kind of cheat or code for various things? I've restarted the game a couple of times because of crashes (and yes, it was my own fault a few times for playing on the unstable version, but still), and now I have to do it again to fix my name, so having to start over from the beginning again is kind of painful. On top of that, there are some times where it'd just be nice to not have to worry about grinding up the money and just buying whatever monster you want to have fun with.

The game is really fun to play, but like the game its sprites come from, the start-up/early game is very slow and can be annoying, especially if one of your favorite monster types is mer (which mine is), since that's the very last one you can get, so I'm just wondering if you ever plan to make that a feature (whether for people trying to repair a lost file or just to skip the grinding to jump to the vore fun).

Yeah, I get that. And truth be told, I often manually edit my save files directly in order to speed up the testing process. So I went and actually added a straight cheat menu. It was... a lot easier than I expected. I'm gonna spoiler how you access the cheat menu, along with the codes and their effects.

Spoiler: show
To access the cheat menu, open the manual (interact with the bookcase in the player's house). From there, keep pressing right until you reach the very last page. Once you're there, press up and you'll be at the cheat menu. Pressing Z or X won't open or close anything (as they're needed for typing here), so to leave the menu you have to press down to go back to the last page, and then press X to close the menu entirely.

Codes (these are all case-sensitive):

fivebomb - give 5,000G
tenstack - give 10,000G
bigtwenty - give 20,000G
nice - give 69,420G
shoppingtrip - give 50 of each grocer item
happyhour - give 50 of each alcoholic item
GODFORGIVEME - set reputation to 0
talkoftown - set reputation to 100
breakwater - all pregnant monster girls give birth tonight (includes player)
endlessfun - all resting monster boys exit rest state (includes player)
goldstar - all monsters cap their stats
LOVEME - all monsters max happiness
siegemode - all monsters hunger reduced by 83%
killall - deletes all monsters
fullhouse - fills all empty slots with randomly generated monsters
collectathon - collects all available monster products today (will eventually be removed because I want to make this an actual feature)
getbig - player caps all stats
gethuge - player stat caps increase by 10
transition - swaps player's gender
makeover - randomizes player's apperance (does not change gender)
identify - allows player to rename self
Last edited by Sulac on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Thats fine if you're not gonna do it right away, I had just been curious more than anything on if you'd eventually do that. Hopefully all these bugs will be squashed soon so you can do what you actually want to do and add more content like the other contests.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:19 pm

GOD FORGIVE ME! XD

...Siegemode?
Turbotowns
???

Postby VLover552 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:57 pm

awww yis cheat mode, that's gunna make trying to find bugs easier and squash them gud
VLover552
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:46 pm

have the capacities for each area been altered any?
Or is it still 8 Cows, 6 Harpies, 4 Lamia and Mermaids?
Turbotowns
???

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:53 am

Sulac wrote:Yeah, I get that. And truth be told, I often manually edit my save files directly in order to speed up the testing process. So I went and actually added a straight cheat menu. It was... a lot easier than I expected. I'm gonna spoiler how you access the cheat menu, along with the codes and their effects.

Aw! That's so cool of you, thank you! :)

Actually, I have another curiosity question. Would it ever be viable to separate gender and breeding? I know a lot of people like cross-gendered characters (like herms, or men who can get pregnant (is there a nonvulgar term for that?)), but I also don't know a single solitary thing about coding like this, so I have no idea if separating "can you impregnate or be impregnated?" and the gender options is at all possible.

Oh yeah! You mentioned we could help you out; how, exactly? You say in the first post that writing flavor text and spriting are some options (and while I can't sprite from scratch, I'd love to help write some flavor text for you), but are there other things we can do?
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.4.0.7 - Mega Rework)

Postby Sulac » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 pm

One more update. I finally nailed down exactly what was going on with the player's name, and added in a cheat code to rename yourself. The code's in the post above with all the others.

The game seems to be very stable now, so maybe I can finally move ahead to the next proper update.

Turbotowns wrote:...Siegemode?

Reference to Colony Survival, a block-based management game. You have to protect your colony from zombies, but if you wall yourself up completely, the game enters "siege mode" and your colonists go through your food supply six times faster. The code reduces all your monsters' hunger to one-sixth of what they're currently at.

It's a stupid reference to an obscure indie game.

Turbotowns wrote:have the capacities for each area been altered any?
Or is it still 8 Cows, 6 Harpies, 4 Lamia and Mermaids?

Still the same. That may or may not be changing in the near future.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:Actually, I have another curiosity question. Would it ever be viable to separate gender and breeding? I know a lot of people like cross-gendered characters (like herms, or men who can get pregnant (is there a nonvulgar term for that?)), but I also don't know a single solitary thing about coding like this, so I have no idea if separating "can you impregnate or be impregnated?" and the gender options is at all possible.

I'm personally not a fan herms, futa, or mpreg, so those won't be a thing. I probably could figure out a way to make it doable, but again, personal tastes are preventing that. Sorry.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:Oh yeah! You mentioned we could help you out; how, exactly? You say in the first post that writing flavor text and spriting are some options (and while I can't sprite from scratch, I'd love to help write some flavor text for you), but are there other things we can do?

Unfortunately that's about all I need help with. Though I guess if you could find some free music to use, you could PM me.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Heh... what about willing prey(I.E. Feeding ourselves to our monsters)? Cause of course there's gonna be people that want to(And it would negate the need to be opposite genders, so someone playing as a girl could be eaten by one of their monster girls, ect.).
Turbotowns
???

Postby BardicLasher » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Is there a guide or advice post anywhere in here? I'm finding my initial money gain to be very slow and I'm trying to figure out what I should be doing.
BardicLasher
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:12 pm

of Step Event0
for object menu_controller:

unable to convert string " has nothing to collect!" to float
at gml_Script_mg_collect
stack frame is
gml_Script_mg_collect (line -1)
gml_Script_cheat_code
gml_Object_menu_controller_Step_0
Whoops, collect all cheat is not working right now, unless I goofed and had nothing to collect.

Correction, I DID have something to collect (from two of my harpies). It just ended up crashing.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game