IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.09 - Source Code Release!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.09 - Source Code Release!

Postby Hippie21 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:34 am

Unidentified17 wrote:Really like the feature you added, it worked for me just fine, was wondering if you where going to add a feature that lets you add items like potions?

Had the intention to do so at one point when time would be on my side.

Currently, the list of things TO-DO is (in order):

- Character details
- Items (now)
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Unidentified17 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Thank you really looking forward to your next update, but dont feel too rushed, take your time and work on it when you can.
Unidentified17
Been posting for a bit

Postby GabrielTMM » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:15 pm

So after using your modification on a character, it appears that everytime i devour something/someone. It has no effect at all. I can do the action, but predator fullness doesn't rise at all and nothing else happens. I don't think I did anything wrong. I can enter the program alright and modify some stuff, but after I load the modified save, it happens.
GabrielTMM
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hippie21 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:34 pm

GabrielTMM wrote:So after using your modification on a character, it appears that everytime i devour something/someone. It has no effect at all. I can do the action, but predator fullness doesn't rise at all and nothing else happens. I don't think I did anything wrong. I can enter the program alright and modify some stuff, but after I load the modified save, it happens.

Can you tell me exactly what you edited? If you tried to edit the vore skills, it might have something to do with that. I'll still look into it a little.

For everyone else that tried my edit program, do you also get this problem?
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

Postby GabrielTMM » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:47 pm

Hippie21 wrote:
GabrielTMM wrote:So after using your modification on a character, it appears that everytime i devour something/someone. It has no effect at all. I can do the action, but predator fullness doesn't rise at all and nothing else happens. I don't think I did anything wrong. I can enter the program alright and modify some stuff, but after I load the modified save, it happens.

Can you tell me exactly what you edited? If you tried to edit the vore skills, it might have something to do with that. I'll still look into it a little.

For everyone else that tried my edit program, do you also get this problem?

I first edited almost everything except the wisdom and intelligence traits, that's when I first encountered the glitch.
I then just edited my money and skill points to see if it will cause it again if I just add points to the Consume trait myself, it happened again.
I then just gave myself money, editing nothing else, and got the consume trait normally and tried again, it still happened.

It seems that the only way I avoided it was to just play the game normally. Thanks for the help, I really love this idea!
GabrielTMM
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hippie21 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:42 am

GabrielTMM wrote:I first edited almost everything except the wisdom and intelligence traits, that's when I first encountered the glitch.
I then just edited my money and skill points to see if it will cause it again if I just add points to the Consume trait myself, it happened again.
I then just gave myself money, editing nothing else, and got the consume trait normally and tried again, it still happened.

When you added point to the vore_consume skill, you did add at least one point to the vore_digestion and vore_capacity, right? The vore skills needs at least one in the 3 category of vore (VCo, VCa and VDi) to work, as of the in-game mechanics.

I tried making a new character quickly, then editing the 3 vore skill to one, then save (don't forget this), and tried it in game. the vore was working fine for my character.

If it does still give you an error, can you look into the black debug screen and tell me if there's an error that prompts when you try to vore.
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

Postby GabrielTMM » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 pm

Hippie21 wrote:
GabrielTMM wrote:I first edited almost everything except the wisdom and intelligence traits, that's when I first encountered the glitch.

When you added point to the vore_consume skill, you did add at least one point to the vore_digestion and vore_capacity, right? The vore skills needs at least one in the 3 category of vore (VCo, VCa and VDi) to work, as of the in-game mechanics.

I tried making a new character quickly, then editing the 3 vore skill to one, then save (don't forget this), and tried it in game. the vore was working fine for my character.

If it does still give you an error, can you look into the black debug screen and tell me if there's an error that prompts when you try to vore.

I modified all three, I also figured out that the coin modification didn't cause it, so it has to be the other modifications. No error happens in the command prompt window.
GabrielTMM
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hippie21 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:05 am

I've tested every single one of the fields, and my character can vore and still interact with the fullness...

I'm using the source code as my testing point, but it should also be the same as the released version, so I really don't know what to say...

I might try and test it on the released version too? (but do confirm which version you are using)

I might have to keep working on the new features and stop trying to debug this if i can't find anything wrong with the release version. (but will still keep an eye out for it)
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

Postby GabrielTMM » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Hippie21 wrote:I've tested every single one of the fields, and my character can vore and still interact with the fullness...

I'm using the source code as my testing point, but it should also be the same as the released version, so I really don't know what to say...

I might try and test it on the released version too? (but do confirm which version you are using)

I might have to keep working on the new features and stop trying to debug this if i can't find anything wrong with the release version. (but will still keep an eye out for it)

Sure thank you! Don't stop working just for me (since I seem to be the only one experiencing this). I appreciate you trying to help me, I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
GabrielTMM
Been posting for a bit

Postby voidrunner » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:06 am

I'm trapped in the masturbation option, no matter how many times I hit enter, it just gives me ==========
"Life is like a rollercoaster, sure it has its ups and downs, but you may just find, it can throw you for a loop!" ~voidrunner
voidrunner
Somewhat familiar

Postby Circle0Trick » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:03 am

Sounds like you may need to make a selection
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby EternalAbyss » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:22 am

Im having troubles downloading the game plz help i really want to play
EternalAbyss
New to the forum

Postby MoonlightShad0w » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:54 pm

EternalAbyss wrote:Im having troubles downloading the game plz help i really want to play

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2du82rqwrbfqo ... t.zip?dl=1
MoonlightShad0w
New to the forum

Postby Hivelord » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:30 am

Sad this game got abandoned. Does anyone know if someone has picked it up to continue it or something? I really liked the mechanics of the game despite it being bare bones.

Felt like this game had a lot of potential.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Circle0Trick » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:37 pm

Hippie21 wrote:Honestly, it's much easier to modify the source code and create a new playable race with the things you want.

I hope you'll forgive me for necroing(?) like this.

If you don't mind my asking, even if I do modify the source code in some way, how would I go about actually putting it back in the form of the executable?
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby justanotherdragon » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:35 pm

Circle0Trick wrote:
Hippie21 wrote:Honestly, it's much easier to modify the source code and create a new playable race with the things you want.

If you don't mind my asking, even if I do modify the source code in some way, how would I go about actually putting it back in the form of the executable?

It looks like the game's in python. If you don't intend on distributing it, you could probably just run it with the python interpreter with PyGame or whatever installed and play like that? I'd have to play around with it to be certain, though...which I might do in the future
justanotherdragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Circle0Trick » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:15 am

That's a good thought. Thank you.

I've spent a little time exploring Python's complaints when running it, and cautiously hope that eventually it should work.
If/when I get the chance, I'll keep at it.

Ideally, I'd like to get it in the same sort of executable it came as, though.
I'd really hate to leave it halfway and inflexible as just py files.
I also sort of just want to learn the mechanics of putting all this together.

If you do happen to play around with it and figure something out, I'd be grateful to know.
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hippie21 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:31 am

Circle0Trick wrote:That's a good thought. Thank you.

I've spent a little time exploring Python's complaints when running it, and cautiously hope that eventually it should work.
If/when I get the chance, I'll keep at it.

Ideally, I'd like to get it in the same sort of executable it came as, though.
I'd really hate to leave it halfway and inflexible as just py files.
I also sort of just want to learn the mechanics of putting all this together.

If you do happen to play around with it and figure something out, I'd be grateful to know.

For me, after I've installed python, I just have to double click the file "Main_Game.py" and it runs. You can try that if you haven't already.

The other thing you can do is every time it gives you an error of "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named "pygame" example, you search on google how to install that specific module. (for pygame, you can use "pip install -U pygame" if you have pip, which i suggest you get if you don't have (this site to confirm if you have it and/or to get pip: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/install-pip-windows))

This is all considering you are using windows. If you are using mac or linux, the process are similar but the command above may not work.
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hippie21 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:36 am

justanotherdragon wrote:
Circle0Trick wrote:

It looks like the game's in python. If you don't intend on distributing it, you could probably just run it with the python interpreter with PyGame or whatever installed and play like that? I'd have to play around with it to be certain, though...which I might do in the future

With the obvious "Do not distribute content that isn't yours" comment, there's multiple guides on google to create an executable from py files. Best search would be something like "compile python script to exe [win/mac/linux]" and then follow the steps. You'll need python obviously.
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hippie21 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:56 am

Also... Here it is...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/viq5wigww1mp ... NngNa?dl=0

This is the latest version I never had the chance to give out. This new version includes character detail changes! As always, look at the list of attribute to look at what you can change (l) and change away.

Not sure I'll continue this... But for those that are courageous enough, the dropbox also contains the source file of the script. If you forgot, to use it, place it in the same folder as the save file (Savegame.VSG) and run it.

Feel free to edit AND DISTRIBUTE the saveEdit files, as I may not do so myself. (Do keep the credits in though...). The only BIG thing I can think of that's missing is the item creation/management.

I have bigger projects to deal with right now, projects that may involve vore at some point. :3
Hippie21
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game