God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <September update>

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <June update>

Postby bfm98 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:41 am

What should I do after Euvor joined my team?
bfm98
New to the forum

Postby vgove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:24 pm

what are all the places and people i need to talk to to get into the forest temple?
vgove
Participator

Postby Ryuu27 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:35 am

Good update, always long for get, but wait is worth ^^;
I don't understand what I need to do with circle in bones room, if can help me.
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby salamoun » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:52 am

bfm98 wrote:What should I do after Euvor joined my team?

Don't leave her behind.

Ryuu27 wrote:Good update, always long for get, but wait is worth ^^;
I don't understand what I need to do with circle in bones room, if can help me.

You mean you dunno how to advance or just what's the purpose of the circle? For the former, the second line on the tablet is major hint, for the ladder, try some different combinations that aren't hinted at but perhaps those numbers are more commonly known~
God Complex Patreon or SubscribeStar for progress reports and potential support.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ryuu27 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:13 am

Thanks, was juste for circle, i succeed after some try with your clue, but i think need clue in game, because I and probably others would'nt have thought of it
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby salamoun » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:16 pm

Ryuu27 wrote:Thanks, was juste for circle, i succeed after some try with your clue, but i think need clue in game, because I and probably others would'nt have thought of it

Well that's what Easter eggs are for, only the curious and explorative get to find and enjoy those.
God Complex Patreon or SubscribeStar for progress reports and potential support.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vgove » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:06 pm

the pink area is able to be entered from parts of the walls
vgove
Participator

Postby Racnaris57 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:52 am

How do I change the name from "XplayerX"?
Racnaris57
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:27 pm

Racnaris57 wrote:How do I change the name from "XplayerX"?

Press the ESC key several times until the name is deleted, and then use the arrow keys and the enter/space key to type out the new name.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Racnaris57 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:23 pm

GooInABox wrote:
Racnaris57 wrote:How do I change the name from "XplayerX"?

Press the ESC key several times until the name is deleted, and then use the arrow keys and the enter/space key to type out the new name.

Thank you
Racnaris57
New to the forum

Postby Arrogancy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:24 pm

So I'm not finished with my first run of this game, but I thought I'd share some thoughts:

-The enemies really should have HP bars. It's very hard to gauge how much damage I'm actually doing to an opponent, and how to plan out my battle strategy, which can lead to some fights taking longer than they should. It would also help gauge how long a battle is going to take which is a plus.

-The signposting around the Basling Lost Woods in particular is pretty unclear. It's not clear that the way to the inner woods is not opened up until after you've met Elise, and after you've met Elise, it's not clear that the inner woods have opened up. Those events should be much more clearly stated.

-Going through dialogue trees is kind of a pain given that at times you are forced out of the conversation and must reinitiate. This also gets to other issues with the dialogue boxes where at times the dialogue will extend beyond the box and words will just be cut off or entirely left out. Also a lack of input buffering between going through dialogue until a new tree opens up is annoying when you're trying to simply speed through the dialogue to get back to the tree. It's incredibly easy to accidentally click into the first option on the tree as a result.

-Also the controls are pretty odd and unexplained. I've never encountered a game where "x" is one of the primary menu keys. This is especially prominent right at the start because it took me several minutes to realize 1. That the name entry section did not have an icon to delete the default name in the prompt keyboard, and 2. That "x" was the button I needed to hit to delete the default name. I'd recommend making the spacebar the menu key, and providing WASD support for movement controls to make things less awkward. I'd also recommend putting a page of controls overview at the very beginning when you start the game.
Arrogancy
New to the forum

Postby Prodi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:26 am

Arrogancy wrote:
-Also the controls are pretty odd and unexplained...

I'm not really qualified to speak for the developers here, but let me give some general information about those last two complaints of yours.

You do realize this game was made with RPG Maker? Because almost every RPG Maker game out there uses literally the same controls you're complaining about. It's the default and it's a pain to change them.

As for the way input and input buffering is handled, I don't know too much about the older RPG Maker versions, but changing that would be somewhere between insanely hard to outright impossible. RPG Maker is aimed at people without actual programming knowledge. If you do know a thing or two, you can change a lot of things using scripts, but some stuff is simply hard-coded and can't be changed.
Prodi
New to the forum

Postby salamoun » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:42 am

Arrogancy wrote:So I'm not finished with my first run of this game, but I thought I'd share some thoughts:

-The enemies really should have HP bars. It's very hard to gauge how much damage I'm actually doing to an opponent, and how to plan out my battle strategy, which can lead to some fights taking longer than they should. It would also help gauge how long a battle is going to take which is a plus.

I thought about that and so far I think it's better leaving them like this to make the fights look more realistic as you can't tell certainly how much beating can your opponents take. I might change it in future or add option for it if I figure how, but for now is like to keep it like it is.

Arrogancy wrote: -The signposting around the Basling Lost Woods in particular is pretty unclear. It's not clear that the way to the inner woods is not opened up until after you've met Elise, and after you've met Elise, it's not clear that the inner woods have opened up. Those events should be much more clearly stated.

I understand that a lot of people have trouble with that area and it was kinda Elise's "fun" project. I will bring it up to her and see if she wants to adjust it somewhat herself or if she wants to let it be as it is now in its veigueness. My take for that is that it's another side area that you can avoid if you don't want to deal with it and it won't really affect you in a long run.

Arrogancy wrote: -Going through dialogue trees is kind of a pain given that at times you are forced out of the conversation and must reinitiate. This also gets to other issues with the dialogue boxes where at times the dialogue will extend beyond the box and words will just be cut off or entirely left out. Also a lack of input buffering between going through dialogue until a new tree opens up is annoying when you're trying to simply speed through the dialogue to get back to the tree. It's incredibly easy to accidentally click into the first option on the tree as a result.

Trust me, since I have to test all the options myself and then when I find a bug, I have to fix and test it again, going through all the dialogue is pain for me especially. Sadly the existing scripts I found for skipping text didn't work for me at all and I am sadly not skilled enough to write my own yet. If anyone knows or have something that works for it, I'll gladly implement it into the game. For cut off text, RPG maker sadly doesn't have automatic check/text warping so the Devs have to manually check and adjust if the text goes out of the box, Elise is probably most to blame for not checking/fixing those for us ^^; (gonna die for pointing her out like this)

Arrogancy wrote: -Also the controls are pretty odd and unexplained. I've never encountered a game where "x" is one of the primary menu keys. This is especially prominent right at the start because it took me several minutes to realize 1. That the name entry section did not have an icon to delete the default name in the prompt keyboard, and 2. That "x" was the button I needed to hit to delete the default name. I'd recommend making the spacebar the menu key, and providing WASD support for movement controls to make things less awkward. I'd also recommend putting a page of controls overview at the very beginning when you start the game.

Controls are default for RPG maker and are hardcoded that way in the engine so I can't really set up controls for the game unless I use some script I guess. I can advise you and others however that you can change the controls locally for your game if you right-click on top of the game and open settings/options and there should be keybinds tab, where you can change those for yourself. I'll try to look if I could perhaps script some forced keybinds change but can't promise anything right now.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheMastermind » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:10 pm

Ummm....
By pure coincidence I learned you can press control to go through the boulders in the tomb.
I assume that's not intentional?
Hungry Jewellery: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61326
I swear I'm still making it.
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ojikori » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:32 pm

I cannot for the life of me figure out the basling forest puzzle! Been at it awhile and I'm just stumped. As for the rest of the game so far though i have been having a blast!
Ojikori
Been posting for a bit

Postby salamoun » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:44 am

TheMastermind wrote:Ummm....
By pure coincidence I learned you can press control to go through the boulders in the tomb.
I assume that's not intentional?

I presume you're playing it by opening it in RPG maker, not using just the executable? Since what you're describing is dev shortcut that RPG maker has built in to noclip through maps.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby oskar1111 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:02 am

when is save the game and close it, when i turn on the game again, the saves are gone
oskar1111
New to the forum

Postby Ryuu27 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:37 am

Hi, I would like to know if the scene corresponding to this image is available in this version, or if it is for later.

Spoiler: show
euvor belly big.png
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby Azirovka » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 am

Ryuu27 wrote:Hi, I would like to know if the scene corresponding to this image is available in this version, or if it is for later.

Spoiler: show
euvor belly big.png

It's not used in this version. (I think it was mentioned on discord).
Azirovka
Participator

Postby Tranzora » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:11 pm

I'm not demanding anything, but I'd like sa few simple things in the next (or future) update

- Sex scenes with the allies in your mansion
- The Neko Maid and the maid from the castle appear in the mansion
- When the butterfly girl tries to get you to eat her, you have a choice to bring her to the arachne girl at your mansion. Also you can put the arachne in your party.
- be able to have the Centipede girl join you

Edit: Great job on the newest updates btw
Tranzora
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game