God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <September update>

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <October update poll!>

Postby PAVAGA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:16 pm

character: *gets into arena*
me: *duke nukem instensifies*
PAVAGA
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:08 pm

So I'll have to say: Despite the fact that I'm just not into yuri or F/f content at all really. I have been enjoying this little title, the vore scenes are great (Though I'm largely skipping the sex scenes on account of the afore mentioned dislike of yuri/f/f content). The game as it is now is very well balanced and I have had a rather difficult time with most of the fights (There are a couple of fights that really need a second look). Plot is about what I would expect from a small crew working a an RPG maker fetish game, cheesy as cheese could ever hope to be.

But with the good comes the bad and there are a couple of glaring flaws in the game: The first being a complete lack of random encounters, on the over world specifically. Wouldn't be hard to add in some bandits or goblins or some shit to fight while we travel from place to place. I do like that none of the locations have random encounters, but the over world should have some,

Secondly is lack of gold and exp gain which would easily be fixed by random encounters in the overworld. (Its clear that grinding is largely not required if you min-max your character and save all of your gold until you get to Grandhol)

Third is affore mentioned lack of fast travel.

Personal gripes that have no bearing on how good the game is and based solely on my personal taste: 99% F/f and yuri content, "The Chosen One" cliche

All in all for what this title is and the fact that its in devlopment still: I'd give what exist for this so far 8/10
Its a great vore RPG maker title with excellent vore scenes, in fact its probably the only good one that is still a living project, with Mysta's work seeming to be done or largely dead. If your into F/f and yuri content, then this is a must download (In fact this is pretty much the only content I enjoy aside from Echidna wars of this kind)

The dev crew here is doing good work, keep it up :)
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby PAVAGA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:24 pm

heya, so in a previous post you said there would be bandits i could feed myself to, and dont get me wrong, i really enjoy the vores you added, but i was looking forward to a dark elf with me inside. and i didn't see any bandit vore. the slaves and the trader are the closest that comes to it. the only bandits i found are those that sold me to the arena.
so question: are just not in the game yet or did i just completely and obliviously run past them?
PAVAGA
Somewhat familiar

Postby EliseSB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:28 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:So I'll have to say: Despite the fact that I'm just not into yuri or F/f content at all really. I have been enjoying this little title, the vore scenes are great (Though I'm largely skipping the sex scenes on account of the afore mentioned dislike of yuri/f/f content). The game as it is now is very well balanced and I have had a rather difficult time with most of the fights (There are a couple of fights that really need a second look). Plot is about what I would expect from a small crew working a an RPG maker fetish game, cheesy as cheese could ever hope to be.

But with the good comes the bad and there are a couple of glaring flaws in the game: The first being a complete lack of random encounters, on the over world specifically. Wouldn't be hard to add in some bandits or goblins or some shit to fight while we travel from place to place. I do like that none of the locations have random encounters, but the over world should have some,

Secondly is lack of gold and exp gain which would easily be fixed by random encounters in the overworld. (Its clear that grinding is largely not required if you min-max your character and save all of your gold until you get to Grandhol)

Third is affore mentioned lack of fast travel.

Personal gripes that have no bearing on how good the game is and based solely on my personal taste: 99% F/f and yuri content, "The Chosen One" cliche

All in all for what this title is and the fact that its in devlopment still: I'd give what exist for this so far 8/10
Its a great vore RPG maker title with excellent vore scenes, in fact its probably the only good one that is still a living project, with Mysta's work seeming to be done or largely dead. If your into F/f and yuri content, then this is a must download (In fact this is pretty much the only content I enjoy aside from Echidna wars of this kind)

The dev crew here is doing good work, keep it up :)

Wow, this was a really in depth review! I'm honored you enjoyed it despite being out of your preference zone, and I'm always happy to read and respond to feed back.

1. High prevelance of F/F and Yuri.
I know you mentioned that it was a personal preference complaint, and well... we only have one bisexual on the dev team who doesn't really know how to code for the game and can only write. Until we have a dedicated developer to code F/M scenes, there likely won't be anything beyond F/F (Male predators are a turn off for most of the dev team and won't be included, but there are a handful of male prey scenes and will hopefully be a few more going forward.) I know, you weren't complaining about it, but I just wanted to point out that it's difficult for us to include this.

2. Depth of the Plot
We did start with the classic hero's journey as a jumping off point, with a prophecy and everything, and three McGuffin's needed to reach the Black Knight, that's pretty obvious. However, I will like to say that of your personal preference issues, this one is going to be alleviated! We plan to include twists and turns to shake up the formula and provide unique world related lore, some of which can already be found in foreshadowing. World Building is absolutely going to be a focal point going forward and we sincerely hope that the Desert Update is a step in the right direction.

3. Random Encounters, Gold and XP gain.
We really didn't want to bog people's time down with grinding, and Random Encounters for a lot of people quickly reach the point of annoyance. It's difficult to make a vore scene within a random encounter since it wouldn't have a dedicated room for scripts. Beyond that, the balancing in this game is based off plot progression. The Player levels up after specific plot achievements, which puts ease of balancing in the game.

We are, however, working on ways to earn gold reliably. So far, the two arena's can be grinded for gold, and we expect the Gold Pick Ups from chests to suffice for most purchases.

4. Fast Travel
It's coming, mooooom! :P Okay, I'm just teasing. But it'll hopefully be sooner than later.

Overall, I hope my responses can provide a little more hope for you going forward. I really hope you continue to enjoy our game, and if you have any advice or recommendations, I'd be happy to listen.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby EliseSB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:31 pm

PAVAGA wrote:heya, so in a previous post you said there would be bandits i could feed myself to, and dont get me wrong, i really enjoy the vores you added, but i was looking forward to a dark elf with me inside. and i didn't see any bandit vore. the slaves and the trader are the closest that comes to it. the only bandits i found are those that sold me to the arena.
so question: are just not in the game yet or did i just completely and obliviously run past them?

Okay, so, the Arena itself was supposed to have a very bandit-y feel to it, as a black market esque fighting ring ^^; I also didn't really realize that the bandits outside Chione's temple couldn't eat you.

So instead I'll just say that more Bandits will be added to the desert in coming updates, including a bandit vore scene tomorrow.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:47 pm

EliseSB wrote:
Wow, this was a really in depth review! I'm honored you enjoyed it despite being out of your preference zone, and I'm always happy to read and respond to feed back.

I know you mentioned that it was a personal preference complaint, and well... we only have one bisexual on the dev team who doesn't really know how to code for the game and can only write. Until we have a dedicated developer to code F/M scenes, there likely won't be anything beyond F/F (Male predators are a turn off for most of the dev team and won't be included, but there are a handful of male prey scenes and will hopefully be a few more going forward.) I know, you weren't complaining about it, but I just wanted to point out that it's difficult for us to include this.

2. Depth of the Plot
We did start with the classic hero's journey as a jumping off point, with a prophecy and everything, and three McGuffin's needed to reach the Black Knight, that's pretty obvious. However, I will like to say that of your personal preference issues, this one is going to be alleviated! We plan to include twists and turns to shake up the formula and provide unique world related lore, some of which can already be found in foreshadowing. World Building is absolutely going to be a focal point going forward and we sincerely hope that the Desert Update is a step in the right direction.

We really didn't want to bog people's time down with grinding, and Random Encounters for a lot of people quickly reach the point of annoyance. It's difficult to make a vore scene within a random encounter since it wouldn't have a dedicated room for scripts. Beyond that, the balancing in this game is based off plot progression. The Player levels up after specific plot achievements, which puts ease of balancing in the game.

We are, however, working on ways to earn gold reliably. So far, the two arena's can be grinded for gold, and we expect the Gold Pick Ups from chests to suffice for most purchases.

4. Fast Travel
It's coming, mooooom! :P Okay, I'm just teasing. But it'll hopefully be sooner than later.

Overall, I hope my responses can provide a little more hope for you going forward. I really hope you continue to enjoy our game, and if you have any advice or recommendations, I'd be happy to listen.

I think that largely answered things

One thing to note about random encounters: They don't have to be fights...Well maybe a couple. But maybe some traveling merchants that sell some rare items, or a guard patrol who maybe give you a side quest. (Naturally probably best to save that for later)

But with the coming of fast travel the main flaw is adressed. One thing that I think keeps me drawn in is the general removal of the "Game Over screen" Holy shit thank you so much for doing that :)
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby EliseSB » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:13 am

AMCJavelin wrote:
EliseSB wrote:

2. Depth of the Plot

4. Fast Travel

I think that largely answered things

One thing to note about random encounters: They don't have to be fights...Well maybe a couple. But maybe some traveling merchants that sell some rare items, or a guard patrol who maybe give you a side quest. (Naturally probably best to save that for later)

But with the coming of fast travel the main flaw is adressed. One thing that I think keeps me drawn in is the general removal of the "Game Over screen" Holy shit thank you so much for doing that :)

Ah, thing is... RPGMaker only has a random encounter system for actual battles. Aka, it's really just... not a thing that can happen. Especially given how the formula is always either too much or not at all. Travelling Merchants that spawn randomly don't work when the only randomness program causes the screen to cut out and plop you in the middle of a fight.

As such, all quest givers, fights, and encounters will be predetermined. I know randomness can make playthroughs unique but a lack of frustration feels more important to us (cough getting rid of the Game Over Screen cough)
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:39 am

EliseSB wrote:
Ah, thing is... RPGMaker only has a random encounter system for actual battles. Aka, it's really just... not a thing that can happen. Especially given how the formula is always either too much or not at all. Travelling Merchants that spawn randomly don't work when the only randomness program causes the screen to cut out and plop you in the middle of a fight.

As such, all quest givers, fights, and encounters will be predetermined. I know randomness can make playthroughs unique but a lack of frustration feels more important to us (cough getting rid of the Game Over Screen cough)

Oh so its a RPG maker thing, now that makes sense. I may need to mess with RPG maker to see what it can and can't actually do.

In the meantime imma make fun of Grandhol for having incompetent government and military :P
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby EliseSB » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:03 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:
EliseSB wrote:

Oh so its a RPG maker thing, now that makes sense. I may need to mess with RPG maker to see what it can and can't actually do.

In the meantime imma make fun of Grandhol for having incompetent government and military :P

>be Grandhol
>be strictly anti predator
>have death penalty for predators
>somehow still has more vore scenes than any other area in the game so far
>literally allows Elise the all consuming devourer of entire races to visit pubs
>brothel full of predators two blocks away from castle
>only security stopping princesses from being eaten is a maid walking in by accident
>all three princesses are predators anyway
>you can eat an entire pub and just casually walk away
>good job Grandhol
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:47 pm

lets not forget losing 12 knights to one Minotaur
not giving a shit that a very full Harpy just flew up to the castle
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby PlanktonV2 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:31 pm

If the mansion update will take approx half a year to complete with the entire three person dev team then that means that with only one and a half of the three person dev team workin on it, it will take approx(probs longer) a year and a half with the current amount of content that they will have to rework and re-code and with a small update somewhere between every 1-3 months adding even more to that list of content the mansion update wont ever be finished because eventually the amount of content to rework and re-code will reach critical mass and the update will be abandoned for a far simpler stripped down inferior version of the mansion instead. If we the fans and also the dev team want to see this game evolve again even further into the realm of being one of the best vore games out there then we the fans need to be patient and wait the half a year or so for the dev team to implement this ambitious and epic update and get it done right. The quality of said update will only get even better with all three of them working on it instead of one person full time and another popping in to help part time.
PlanktonV2
Been posting for a bit

Postby EliseSB » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:28 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:lets not forget losing 12 knights to one Minotaur

I like to imagine when they see a harpy flying up to the castle all the guards just gulped and pretended they didn't see that. It's not worth getting digested today :P

Though to be honest, that's actually part of the point of Grandhol. Note that the guards are basically universally male. Predators have a lot more strength, but the guards are exclusively men to avoid a predator in their ranks (men can't be preds). Grandhol's incompetence is actually a direct result OF their fear of predators, and challenging that is a thing that will be doable through the Mage Missions.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:38 pm

EliseSB wrote:

I like to imagine when they see a harpy flying up to the castle all the guards just gulped and pretended they didn't see that. It's not worth getting digested today :P

Though to be honest, that's actually part of the point of Grandhol. Note that the guards are basically universally male. Predators have a lot more strength, but the guards are exclusively men to avoid a predator in their ranks (men can't be preds). Grandhol's incompetence is actually a direct result OF their fear of predators, and challenging that is a thing that will be doable through the Mage Missions.

That makes sense. It also is why if I lived in this world I'd advocate for a nation run by predators (And by extention a matitrarchy) so long as said ruling preds are smart enough to actually run a nation and not eat the entire populace
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Ranacha » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:09 pm

PlanktonV2 wrote:If the mansion update will take approx half a year to complete with the entire three person dev team then that means that with only one and a half of the three person dev team workin on it, it will take approx(probs longer) a year and a half with the current amount of content that they will have to rework and re-code and with a small update somewhere between every 1-3 months adding even more to that list of content the mansion update wont ever be finished because eventually the amount of content to rework and re-code will reach critical mass and the update will be abandoned for a far simpler stripped down inferior version of the mansion instead. If we the fans and also the dev team want to see this game evolve again even further into the realm of being one of the best vore games out there then we the fans need to be patient and wait the half a year or so for the dev team to implement this ambitious and epic update and get it done right. The quality of said update will only get even better with all three of them working on it instead of one person full time and another popping in to help part time.

Looks like it'll be finishing off chapter 1 then the mansion, based on the poll. That seems like a good order to me as ticking off the first chunk of the game off as finished is a huge milestone, and a good one to leave the game at if updates are going to go on a 6 month hiatus.
I do agree that having it finished early makes sense considering that it sounds like it's to be to this game what the Normandy is to Mass Effect.
Ranacha
Been posting for a bit

Postby EliseSB » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:27 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:
EliseSB wrote:

That makes sense. It also is why if I lived in this world I'd advocate for a nation run by predators (And by extention a matitrarchy) so long as said ruling preds are smart enough to actually run a nation and not eat the entire populace

Balance is important :P Grandhol isn't the only civilization, we do intend to show how how a nation run exclusively by hungry, greedy predators wouldn't be very effective either. A lot more thought is going into world building from now on. In particular, Elise, Chione and Sasson have a lot of lore to share and we have very extensive plans on how to make the desert feel unique. I expect by the end of Chapter 2, God Complex's individual arcs will feel more unique and exciting, and by the end of Chapter 3, the overall main plot will follow.

Ranacha wrote:
PlanktonV2 wrote:If the mansion update will take approx half a year to complete with the entire three person dev team then that means that with only one and a half of the three person dev team workin on it, it will take approx(probs longer) a year and a half with the current amount of content that they will have to rework and re-code and with a small update somewhere between every 1-3 months adding even more to that list of content the mansion update wont ever be finished because eventually the amount of content to rework and re-code will reach critical mass and the update will be abandoned for a far simpler stripped down inferior version of the mansion instead. If we the fans and also the dev team want to see this game evolve again even further into the realm of being one of the best vore games out there then we the fans need to be patient and wait the half a year or so for the dev team to implement this ambitious and epic update and get it done right. The quality of said update will only get even better with all three of them working on it instead of one person full time and another popping in to help part time.

Looks like it'll be finishing off chapter 1 then the mansion, based on the poll. That seems like a good order to me as ticking off the first chunk of the game off as finished is a huge milestone, and a good one to leave the game at if updates are going to go on a 6 month hiatus.
I do agree that having it finished early makes sense considering that it sounds like it's to be to this game what the Normandy is to Mass Effect.

Hehe, thanks so much for all the kind words. I'd like to throw in a few points though.

1. Unfortunately, RPGMaker isn't such that more developers on a segment makes the segment go by that much faster. Only one developer can work on one map at a time, and the mansions maps would be rather thoroughly linked via extensive switches, variables and events. My personal preference would be to split the team. Two developers work on the Chapter 1 Finale, two developers get started on the mansion. We finish the Chapter 1 Finale in 3 monthes, the teams switch, we finish say, the Mila update in 6 months from now, and then the Mansion update comes out another month later. 8 months versus 6, but there'll be two other updates in between to help you wait.

2. On a more light hearted note, the mansion is what the Normandy is to Mass Effect... if the Normandy was contained the entire Fire Emblem 3 Houses Monastary, Huniepop, and Sims. :P
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby EddyS » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Uhhhh... if I'm not interrupting, I'd like to ask a question:
Is there any way to trick the bandits outside of the Chione's (great character btw) ruined temple to turn their backs on the player? Just curious.

Also... I've never figured out how to get Saya and those other stumpets to the Brothel. How do you do that?
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Uhhhh... if I'm not interrupting, I'd like to ask a question:
Is there any way to trick the bandits outside of the Chione's (great character btw) ruined temple to turn their backs on the player? Just curious.

Also... I've never figured out how to get Saya and those other stumpets to the Brothel. How do you do that?

Answer "eat them" for all three questions
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby EliseSB » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:54 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Uhhhh... if I'm not interrupting, I'd like to ask a question:

So far, the only option is to eat a strumpet, refuse to pay, and offer to replace the strumpet instead.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zeroglitch » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 pm

In Ruvkus the character called the unbirth girl .

When you visit her for the second time and replay the scene again there is a bug that occurs. 

After the scene is over. You have an option of saying thanks or eating her if you say thanks your character will then spawn out side of her house and then turn around and look at the door and then you can not move the character Anymore.

Hope that helps. I'm enjoying the updates that are out. keep up the good work. :-)
Zeroglitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby salamoun » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 am

Zeroglitch wrote:In Ruvkus the character called the unbirth girl .

When you visit her for the second time and replay the scene again there is a bug that occurs. 

After the scene is over. You have an option of saying thanks or eating her if you say thanks your character will then spawn out side of her house and then turn around and look at the door and then you can not move the character Anymore.

Hope that helps. I'm enjoying the updates that are out. keep up the good work. :-)

Got that one, will be fixed once 0.5.2 is out, just need Elise to send over her part since she's been really busy with school this week, sadly.
God Complex Patreon or SubscribeStar for progress reports and potential support.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game