Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Postby milo4x » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:18 am

Just4comments wrote:Is there a way to create crafting recipes for items that don’t have them?

Yep.

The folders you need are assets/data/recipes, which is where you'll want to put the new recipe,
and assets/data/items, which is where you'll want to start looking for the specific item you want to make the recipe for, and any of the ingredients you want it to have. Then you'll want to open up those xml files in a text editor (these ones we're just viewing).

For instance, if you wanted to create a recipe for ark meat, you'll go into assets/data/items/consumable and open arkmeat.xml

Once you've done that, go into the recipes folder and open up any of the recipes there. Create a new xml file in the recipe folder, and copy the code over.
There's a few things you'll want to change in that copied code, obviously. The second line in the file should be something like this:

<recipe name="faraday suit" requiredskill="1" startunlocked="false">

The name here refers to the name of the recipe - it doesn't matter what you call it, but obviously change that to something relevant, like "ark meat". Requiredskill refers to the level of a skill (i forget the one as it's been a while) that you need to craft the recipe. Change it to whatever you feel is right, I think the range is 0-4. Startunlocked i'm pretty sure you'll always want to be "true", as otherwise there will be no way to unlock it (since I have no clue how one would go about inserting unlocking a recipe into the game).

Then there's the <description></description> section. Change the text between those to whatever you want the description to be.

After that there will be one or multiple ingredients, that look similar to this:

<ingredient item="scrap metal" quantity="4" />

Add, change and delete these lines until you have the ones you want. Here is where the files we opened earlier are used: copy the name of the item from the item's file, on a line that'll look something like:

<ItemResource name="battery" weight="1" value="100">

to the ingredient line. Quantity is self explanatory. So in this case it may be something like:

<ingredient item="battery" quantity="2" />
<ingredient item="fabric" quantity="1" />

Below those there may be something along the lines of:

<tokenRequirement item="roboticist" quantity="1" />

This adds extra skill requirements (quantity is skill level). Probably remove these, or add them if you like. Skill files are in assets/data/perks
Finally, the last line you'll want to change looks like this:

<result item="capture device" />

Copy the name of the item you want to create in, and you can even add a quantity produced like so:

<result item="arkmeat" count="20" />

Then save the file, and you're done. The reason I say copy the names from the file is that the naming is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes there are spaces in between words, sometimes not.
milo4x
Been posting for a bit

Postby Just4comments » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:51 am

milo4x wrote:
Just4comments wrote:Is there a way to create crafting recipes for items that don’t have them?

Yep.

The folders you need are assets/data/recipes, which is where you'll want to put the new recipe,
and assets/data/items, which is where you'll want to start looking for the specific item you want to make the recipe for, and any of the ingredients you want it to have. Then you'll want to open up those xml files in a text editor (these ones we're just viewing).

For instance, if you wanted to create a recipe for ark meat, you'll go into assets/data/items/consumable and open arkmeat.xml

Once you've done that, go into the recipes folder and open up any of the recipes there. Create a new xml file in the recipe folder, and copy the code over.
There's a few things you'll want to change in that copied code, obviously. The second line in the file should be something like this:

<recipe name="faraday suit" requiredskill="1" startunlocked="false">

The name here refers to the name of the recipe - it doesn't matter what you call it, but obviously change that to something relevant, like "ark meat". Requiredskill refers to the level of a skill (i forget the one as it's been a while) that you need to craft the recipe. Change it to whatever you feel is right, I think the range is 0-4. Startunlocked i'm pretty sure you'll always want to be "true", as otherwise there will be no way to unlock it (since I have no clue how one would go about inserting unlocking a recipe into the game).

Then there's the <description></description> section. Change the text between those to whatever you want the description to be.

After that there will be one or multiple ingredients, that look similar to this:

<ingredient item="scrap metal" quantity="4" />

Add, change and delete these lines until you have the ones you want. Here is where the files we opened earlier are used: copy the name of the item from the item's file, on a line that'll look something like:

<ItemResource name="battery" weight="1" value="100">

to the ingredient line. Quantity is self explanatory. So in this case it may be something like:

<ingredient item="battery" quantity="2" />
<ingredient item="fabric" quantity="1" />

Below those there may be something along the lines of:

<tokenRequirement item="roboticist" quantity="1" />

This adds extra skill requirements (quantity is skill level). Probably remove these, or add them if you like. Skill files are in assets/data/perks
Finally, the last line you'll want to change looks like this:

<result item="capture device" />

Copy the name of the item you want to create in, and you can even add a quantity produced like so:

<result item="arkmeat" count="20" />

Then save the file, and you're done. The reason I say copy the names from the file is that the naming is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes there are spaces in between words, sometimes not.

So, this is the recipe I'm trying to make:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<recipe name="bounce" requiredskill="0" startunlocked="true">
<description>
A body-sculpting drug to promote the growth of one's posterior, for
those who want some more badonk.
</description>
<ingredient item="mutagen" quantity="1" />
<result item="bounce" />
</recipe>

The item appears in crafting, but attempting to craft it results in the game crashing due to a null exception. Am i missing something in the recipe?
Just4comments
Somewhat familiar

Postby AThrowaway27 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:30 pm

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<description>
</description>
<result item="bounce" />
</recipe>

The item appears in crafting, but attempting to craft it results in the game crashing due to a null exception. Am i missing something in the recipe?

Looks like the item you're trying to craft is called "Bounce" (note the capitalization). Try changing that, see if it helps.
AThrowaway27
New to the forum

Postby Just4comments » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:47 pm

AThrowaway27 wrote:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<description>
</description>
<result item="bounce" />
</recipe>

Looks like the item you're trying to craft is called "Bounce" (note the capitalization). Try changing that, see if it helps.

Yup, that was it.
Just4comments
Somewhat familiar

Postby milo4x » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:53 pm

AThrowaway27 wrote:

Yup, as I mentioned, best to copy paste to prevent difficult to notice errors like this.

A fair amount of the things in the game can be changed relatively simply, from creating new recipes to changing item and perk stats, adding new dialogue, even changing the internals of ships and available slots.
One thing to note with editing ships, though - the game WILL crash if you try to fire a weapon from a ship without a weapon emitter (you'll get what I mean by that if you look at the ship files), so make sure if you're editing the starting shuttle to have weapons that you add a weapon emitter! Also, it's best to take it easy on the ship stats, or you might find that in combat you'll find yourself shooting way past your enemies when you advance!

You can possibly even add new perks and items, although I've never tried it. With items you'd have to edit loot tables or specific npcs to drop it (which isn't actually hard), though, or add a recipe for it, or you won't be able to get it, I'd guess.

This game is surprisingly moddable.
milo4x
Been posting for a bit

Postby AzurePheonix » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:53 am

I've heard you can become a predator in this game, but so far no option to eat things has come up. Is there a way to become a pred? And if so, how?
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VVV » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:42 pm

AzurePheonix wrote:I've heard you can become a predator in this game, but so far no option to eat things has come up. Is there a way to become a pred? And if so, how?

perks and items
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby Foxysan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:05 pm

how i can run this game?
Foxysan
New to the forum

Postby jimothybarnes » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:33 pm

click run.bat or run if you have extensions disabled
jimothybarnes
New to the forum

Postby NinjitsuScorp29 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:44 am

What do I need to do to obtain the perks or items to allow my character to become pred?

Is there a way to cheat and add it myself?

I hope the dev will add debug/cheat mode as it can really reduce the time spent running around doing things just to either feed themselves to a pred or become a eating machine and maybe reduce the grind for crafting things or just outright give items to the player maybe it can also spawn mobs without having to find and run after them to eat or become eaten
NinjitsuScorp29
Been posting for a bit

Postby KHLover » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:32 am

NinjitsuScorp29 wrote:What do I need to do to obtain the perks or items to allow my character to become pred?

I hope the dev will add debug/cheat mode as it can really reduce the time spent running around doing things just to either feed themselves to a pred or become a eating machine and maybe reduce the grind for crafting things or just outright give items to the player maybe it can also spawn mobs without having to find and run after them to eat or become eaten

It's really easy to edit the files and make it so that like... the first fawn you see gives you everything you need and ridiculous amounts of exp.
"who needs logic when there's sex and orgasms to be had?" -A.I. Dungeon, 2020
KHLover
Somewhat familiar

Postby PrimeLvl37 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:52 am

I kanda wish there was a way to easily add companion NPCs to the game or a way to get random NPCs like the Harpy to be a companion.
PrimeLvl37
Been posting for a bit

Postby PossibleSpaceFox » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:23 am

Hi! So I managed to find a ship on the second planet in the upper left corner of the map, and the game is saying I have to clear away the debris with an explosion for me to be able to use the ship but I'm uncertain what exactly I need to do with the explosion for it to work. I tried rocket launchers and grenades, but have gotten nothing, any advice?
PossibleSpaceFox
New to the forum

Postby Just4comments » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:03 pm

PossibleSpaceFox wrote:Hi! So I managed to find a ship on the second planet in the upper left corner of the map, and the game is saying I have to clear away the debris with an explosion for me to be able to use the ship but I'm uncertain what exactly I need to do with the explosion for it to work. I tried rocket launchers and grenades, but have gotten nothing, any advice?

You have to do some quests for either the elf-looking people or the saurians, and then you can ask them to clear the ship.
Just4comments
Somewhat familiar

Postby TF2ScoutGod » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:21 pm

Which ship do I mess with in the files is the shuttle or something else because I want to get thing ready as soon as I play.
TF2ScoutGod
New to the forum

Postby Trubot527 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:41 pm

TF2ScoutGod wrote:Which ship do I mess with in the files is the shuttle or something else because I want to get thing ready as soon as I play.

Go to Nomad\assets\data\worlds, edit the Alpha Minoris IIA.xml with notepad or anything, and change "shuttle" to "avenger", then you'll have the dev's ship
Trubot527
Participator

Postby NinjitsuScorp29 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:47 am

KHLover wrote:
NinjitsuScorp29 wrote:What do I need to do to obtain the perks or items to allow my character to become pred?

It's really easy to edit the files and make it so that like... the first fawn you see gives you everything you need and ridiculous amounts of exp.

Yeah sorry chief gonna need a bit of help on that part. Not sure which files to access in order to give myself the perks and what to type in them
NinjitsuScorp29
Been posting for a bit

Postby supremeovergourd » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:26 pm

NinjitsuScorp29 wrote:
KHLover wrote:

Yeah sorry chief gonna need a bit of help on that part. Not sure which files to access in order to give myself the perks and what to type in them

You need to level up/craft injections via mutagens to get vore perks(I'd suggest not using perk points for vore perks).

As for cheating the perks in, you can go to the Assets/Data/ships folder and open "shuttle" in notepad (Make a backup copy in case things go awry), then go to the line <placeWidget x="3" y="1" name="slot" />. Select the entire line and paste this in it's place.

<placeWidget x="3" y="1" name="slot">
<contains name="modules/cargocontainer_ship">
<lootTable>
<loot item="mutagen" chance="1.0" />
</lootTable>
</contains>
</placeWidget>

It will create a cargo container in the shuttle that you find in the SouthEast part of the first world that contains the four mutagen needed to craft all 4 vore injections.
supremeovergourd
New to the forum

Postby PrimeLvl37 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:40 am

Just a general question for everyone: has anyone made their own characters (what I mean by this is have you made a enemy, NPC or companion) for this game? The only reason I am asking is because I have heard that you can edit the game files so I was wondering if someone had moded in characters into the game?
PrimeLvl37
Been posting for a bit

Postby Susuko » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:46 am

PrimeLvl37 wrote:Just a general question for everyone: has anyone made their own characters (what I mean by this is have you made a enemy, NPC or companion) for this game? The only reason I am asking is because I have heard that you can edit the game files so I was wondering if someone had moded in characters into the game?

I honestly don't know how to start the game to begin with.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game