Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Postby TheOutsiderCaracal » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:26 am

I've changed some values in the game's files, however, they only apply when I make a new save.

Is there a way to apply the new ones on your current save file ?
TheOutsiderCaracal
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:58 am

TheOutsiderCaracal wrote:I've changed some values in the game's files, however, they only apply when I make a new save.

Depends on the change. Changes to perk or item definitions should carry over instantly because those files are loaded pretty much instantly..though i don't recommend changing perks during play unless you're about to level up.

If the change is to a ZONE however. Zones are procedurally generated from the file when first visited, so any changes to the file made after generation won't matter as the file isn't referred to after the initial visit. In order to try and have your changes show up you'd need to have not visited that zone yet or attempt to destroy the individual file for that planet so it considers your arrival on the planet to be fresh..note if you do this i cannot be sure what unpredictable breakages may occur for things like quests.

but it all depends what your changes are that you're trying to make.
darkevilme
---

Postby TheOutsiderCaracal » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am

darkevilme wrote:
TheOutsiderCaracal wrote:I've changed some values in the game's files, however, they only apply when I make a new save.

Depends on the change. Changes to perk or item definitions should carry over instantly because those files are loaded pretty much instantly..though i don't recommend changing perks during play unless you're about to level up.

If the change is to a ZONE however. Zones are procedurally generated from the file when first visited, so any changes to the file made after generation won't matter as the file isn't referred to after the initial visit. In order to try and have your changes show up you'd need to have not visited that zone yet or attempt to destroy the individual file for that planet so it considers your arrival on the planet to be fresh..note if you do this i cannot be sure what unpredictable breakages may occur for things like quests.

But it all depends what your changes are that you're trying to make.

Alright I see, thank you for your answer !

I was trying to add a spawning rate line to one of the bosses, to see if I could make them come back after beating them, however, if they are linked to the zone as you've mentioned, I guess I would have to delete the file of the world ^^.
TheOutsiderCaracal
Been posting for a bit

Postby AssVFanatic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:24 am

is there a way to increase the strength stat? im level 52 and its still at 5
AssVFanatic
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:32 pm

ThiccPred wrote:is there a way to increase the strength stat? im level 52 and its still at 5

There is one way, i believe a convuluted contributor quest on Forakis.
That said, increasing your core stats is probably yet another way nomad's tenous grasp on gameplay balance could be broken over the player's knee like Bane crushing the batman..so that's why there aren't more ways of raising the core attributes.

Seriously Nomad is a woefully unbalanced mess despite my efforts, opening up the ability to raise your core attributes would make it even more so.
darkevilme
---

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Is the game still being worked on or is it done?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Souls6 wrote:Is the game still being worked on or is it done?

It's in a weird uncertain state. A while back I became increasingly de-motivated for the project. I tried to rekindle the spark by attempting to re-do the game in Unity which has a few advantages.
1. If I do burn out again its built on an engine that people can understand rather than a pile of homebrew insanity written in lwjgl and java.
2. Again, if i burn out again the source code wouldn't be as AWFUL as nomad's source code really is..or at least i hope it isn't.
3. I get to rework some things and change some things that were bad decisions back then but I couldn't fix without a major rework.
4. It might actually get me motivated to work on nomad again

I will admit though, its been a mixed bag as far as actual motivation and work on the game is concerned. I am doing it off and on but I have other projects I'm cycling between at this point. All I will say is that the unity port isn't abandoned...the java version though kind of is. And honestly even if I complete the unity port the game is always going to have an uncertain future if the content is mostly dependent on one nerd to try and build an open world vore game. Which was never actually viable as a model. My original hope was that Nomad would accumulate a meaningful proportion of content contributions from other people as it went on...now there have been some, but i'd still say nomad is 80% written by me.

Sooo, I've rambled, I'm not sure I've answered your question. But that's a bit of state of things and reflections on how things went vs expectations.
darkevilme
---

Postby Manchura » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:40 am

darkevilme wrote:

It's in a weird uncertain state. A while back I became increasingly de-motivated for the project. I tried to rekindle the spark by attempting to re-do the game in Unity which has a few advantages.
1. If I do burn out again its built on an engine that people can understand rather than a pile of homebrew insanity written in lwjgl and java.
2. Again, if i burn out again the source code wouldn't be as AWFUL as nomad's source code really is..or at least i hope it isn't.
3. I get to rework some things and change some things that were bad decisions back then but I couldn't fix without a major rework.

I will admit though, its been a mixed bag as far as actual motivation and work on the game is concerned. I am doing it off and on but I have other projects I'm cycling between at this point. All I will say is that the unity port isn't abandoned...the java version though kind of is. And honestly even if I complete the unity port the game is always going to have an uncertain future if the content is mostly dependent on one nerd to try and build an open world vore game. Which was never actually viable as a model. My original hope was that Nomad would accumulate a meaningful proportion of content contributions from other people as it went on...now there have been some, but i'd still say nomad is 80% written by me.

Sooo, I've rambled, I'm not sure I've answered your question. But that's a bit of state of things and reflections on how things went vs expectations.

I do think that spagettie code in the java addition is probably killing contributor modding but I never thought this game wanted a contribution from the community with the way it was structured, seemed very much like one coherent story which I guess is good for quality of player but a headache for one person
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:37 am

Manchura wrote:
darkevilme wrote:

I do think that spagettie code in the java addition is probably killing contributor modding but I never thought this game wanted a contribution from the community with the way it was structured, seemed very much like one coherent story which I guess is good for quality of player but a headache for one person

Nomad was intended yes to have a single coherent main quest(Find earth, its not quite that simple though), but it was meant to be like skyrim or such where there were a lot of side quests and stories that had scope for other people to contribute there. If all I had to do of nomad was the main quest that'd be a lot more manageable as a content commitment on top of the coding duties.
darkevilme
---

Postby NinjitsuScorp29 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:56 am

Sorry this is probably necroposting or something I'm not familiar with these kind of things, once again I'm seeking the help of the public. This time I want to increase the exp gain of mobs I fight, which files do I need to seek and which property of said file do I need to change? Just in case do I need a different program to access the files or does notepad work?
NinjitsuScorp29
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hansony » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:28 am

NinjitsuScorp29 wrote:Sorry this is probably necroposting or something I'm not familiar with these kind of things, once again I'm seeking the help of the public. This time I want to increase the exp gain of mobs I fight, which files do I need to seek and which property of said file do I need to change? Just in case do I need a different program to access the files or does notepad work?

There is a discord invite in the first post where you could probably ask in the future if this threat ends up dying but currently it's pretty often used.

You need Notepad++ or another program that can read and edit programming languages, other then that you just go to assets/data/npcs and from there the planet you want like /Alpha_Minoris_IIA for the planet you spawn on, then open the file coresponding to the npc type you want to change (you may need to tell your PC to use Notepad++ as a standard for this file-type first time) find the place that says <experiencevalue value="10" /> and put in the value you want instead of the number there.
You can also reduce the NPC's damage, hp, wp and much more there, though some changes does not seem to work so don't rely on that too much, and make sure you have a backup of how it used to be if you ever want to return it to default.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NinjitsuScorp29 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:13 pm

Hansony wrote:
NinjitsuScorp29 wrote:Sorry this is probably necroposting or something I'm not familiar with these kind of things, once again I'm seeking the help of the public. This time I want to increase the exp gain of mobs I fight, which files do I need to seek and which property of said file do I need to change? Just in case do I need a different program to access the files or does notepad work?

There is a discord invite in the first post where you could probably ask in the future if this threat ends up dying but currently it's pretty often used.

You need Notepad++ or another program that can read and edit programming languages, other then that you just go to assets/data/npcs and from there the planet you want like /Alpha_Minoris_IIA for the planet you spawn on, then open the file coresponding to the npc type you want to change (you may need to tell your PC to use Notepad++ as a standard for this file-type first time) find the place that says <experiencevalue value="10" /> and put in the value you want instead of the number there.
You can also reduce the NPC's damage, hp, wp and much more there, though some changes does not seem to work so don't rely on that too much, and make sure you have a backup of how it used to be if you ever want to return it to default.

Alright I see thanks for helping!
NinjitsuScorp29
Been posting for a bit

Postby kyllion » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:50 pm

Hey, been having a blast playing this game but i've gotten stuck with a couple of things. If anyone knows an answer to these questions that would help me very much.

1. How do you recharge a plasma pistol? I have plasma cannisters but i can't seem to figure out how to recharge it.

2. Where might I find a bigger ship? I've got a lot of modules that i can't put on the base ship due to lack of space.

3. Is there any difference in rewards when defeating the elves or the lizards on the big planet. Any reason to go with one or the other?

4. There is a house with a locked door in the elven village that i can't seem to open, is there a key or some quest needed to open it?

Thanks in advance for answerring any of these questions.
kyllion
New to the forum

Postby VVV » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 pm

the house you need to let your self be cumgested after having the reformer the bigger ship contion left from the elf intell you can't go any farther then go up
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby Just4comments » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:09 am

kyllion wrote:Hey, been having a blast playing this game but i've gotten stuck with a couple of things. If anyone knows an answer to these questions that would help me very much.

1. How do you recharge a plasma pistol? I have plasma cannisters but i can't seem to figure out how to recharge it.

2. Where might I find a bigger ship? I've got a lot of modules that i can't put on the base ship due to lack of space.

3. Is there any difference in rewards when defeating the elves or the lizards on the big planet. Any reason to go with one or the other?

4. There is a house with a locked door in the elven village that i can't seem to open, is there a key or some quest needed to open it?

Thanks in advance for answerring any of these questions.

You recharge energy weapons at recharge stations (there’s one on the first planet, but all others must be put on your ship). The next ship is found on the second planet in the top left area (past the lamias). Idk I don’t fight any of the npcs.
Just4comments
Somewhat familiar

Postby Asafen » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:53 am

kyllion wrote:

2. There's a bigger ship in a canyon off the top left most map of the big planet, as well as another through the tunnels of the ice planet that's a lot more dangerous to get to.

3. Most of the NPCs don't actually have any defeat scenarios, just the generic "and then you devoured them in some way". The major difference is who you fight against in the center map's battle, which village you can no longer go to, and that if you align with the elves there's a companion that you can get at the top of their village.

4. Details on how to get into the house:
Spoiler: show
You need to melt in Neri, come back with a reformer, talk to her again and get melted again, then when you talk to her she'll give you the key to her house, which has a reformer that you can repair, letting out a companion, and allowing you to turn the tables on Neri.
Last edited by Asafen on Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asafen
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm

kyllion wrote:Hey, been having a blast playing this game but i've gotten stuck with a couple of things. If anyone knows an answer to these questions that would help me very much.

For clarification for those people wondering, the plasma pistol is not a standard energy weapon like the laser pistol or rifle. Therefore it actually genuinely does not use simple energy recharge as is being suggested but requires plasma ammunition..it should accept plasma canisters from your inventory if you select to reload the weapon.
That being said, the plasma pistol could conceivably have janked out since I introduced it to the game and no one noticed it as no one else had bothered to buy it from the Talharans. There are two people I know used the plasma pistol, and one of them is me.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dongers » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:17 pm

Is there some kind of cheat menu or debug mode for when one wants to access specific content faster?
Dongers
Participator

Postby Asafen » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Dongers wrote:Is there some kind of cheat menu or debug mode for when one wants to access specific content faster?

Sorta not really. You can go into the files and change things like how much xp an enemy gives or how much damage a weapon does fairly easily, giving you a very easy playthrough, but there's no in-game cheats or teleports or anything.
Asafen
Been posting for a bit

Postby perihelionwrites » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:09 pm

On the subject of community contributions, I've made a few modifications to some of the text files, adding my own stuff and filling what I saw as holes in the available content.

I hadn't shared any of that stuff because I wasn't aware of a good way to share it. That and I thought the game was abandoned...

At any rate. Is there a preferred way to submit community content?
perihelionwrites
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game