Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM

Postby bonberjean » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 am

bonberjean wrote:I think something broke with my mod... I downloaded the 8.0.3 version (the latest version according to the github page)

when I play the game, the foodhall does not appear in the usual teleport spot (the spov vendor also was not there)

I found it weird that when I started playing the game for the "first time", I went to the misterious cave in the FU mod, then, when I reached the ancient gate, there it was, the food hall, it was the only place the teleport will appear... any help in how to solve that?

Nvm that... found out that I downloaded a very outdated version (don't ask how)
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby bonberjean » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:02 am

also... the 'latest version' (with the removed content) is broken, the foodhall simply doesn't load in my PC

bonberjean
Participator

Postby ViperKitsune » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:42 pm

bonberjean wrote:also... the 'latest version' (with the removed content) is broken, the foodhall simply doesn't load in my PC

It's because they didn't remove the removed NPC's code from the Foodhall.
ViperKitsune
New to the forum

Postby Deleted92h6b26 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:17 pm

Is the development of the main mod on hiatus? The last update was very minor and there doesn't appear to be any news about the mod.
Deleted92h6b26
New to the forum

Postby Drakelion11 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:38 am

How do i cheat in a digestion pill?
Drakelion11
New to the forum

Postby DerekBaumsKitchenGun » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:05 am

Drakelion11 wrote:How do i cheat in a digestion pill?

/admin
/spawnitem spovpilldigest
/admin
DerekBaumsKitchenGun
New to the forum

Postby Drakelion11 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:49 pm

DerekBaumsKitchenGun wrote:

/admin
/admin

how do i give them the digestion pill. ive tired many different things and its not working, maybe there is something that i have missed
Drakelion11
New to the forum

Postby Etherthedrake » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:58 pm

Drakelion11 wrote:
DerekBaumsKitchenGun wrote:

/admin
/admin

how do i give them the digestion pill. ive tired many different things and its not working, maybe there is something that i have missed

To apply ANY pill to VSO:
Place the VSO in the world so it spawns in. Pick it back up.
Then, place the "SPOV Pill Enhancer" object anywhere, which you can buy from the shop. Use it, select the VSO in the list, place the pill in the slot, and click on the button. It should apply the pill to that VSO.
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby seth270 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 am

anyone know how to spawn in the bellybound store using admin commands the foodhalls not working
seth270
Participator

Postby Etherthedrake » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:57 am

seth270 wrote:anyone know how to spawn in the bellybound store using admin commands the foodhalls not working

/spawnitem smallBellyBoundStore
if i'm not mistaken
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby seth270 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:42 am

cheers for that will come in handy should i need to restart things and update.
seth270
Participator

Postby Dongers » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:49 am

Can the vendors in the foodhall eat you? The giant moth for example?
Dongers
Participator

Postby bonberjean » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:41 pm

Dongers wrote:Can the vendors in the foodhall eat you? The giant moth for example?

nope

bonberjean
Participator

Postby seth270 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:32 am

well not unless someone took her sprites and made here a Spov or VSO otherwises what bonber said.
seth270
Participator

Postby Heartlessdragoon » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:03 am

Ok, it's been bothering me that literally no one gets to enjoy the full SSVM experience because of one character. So I've taken the liberty in fixing the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15i1jPu ... sp=sharing

All I did was change the removed character to another of Foodhall's NPCs. Thankfully Tiled isn't the only way to edit JSONs, else this would have never been fixable. (If you're wondering what I mean, tiled will not let you open a json file if the directory doesn't match.) Anyways instructions on how to install are in the Zip.

Edit: Spelt never as necer.
Heartlessdragoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sif » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:37 pm

Heartlessdragoon wrote:Ok, it's been bothering me that literally no one gets to enjoy the full SSVM experience because of one character.

Wait, that was the issue? That would actually make sense, and would explain why I never had issues with it.
Sif
Been posting for a bit

Postby Raksuda » Sun May 28, 2023 6:27 am

I am sorry to necro this, but has anyone successfully used this mod lately?
I'm still stuck trying to install it because i cannot find a .modinfo file in the latest release and when i have 9.5A installed i can find neither the Bellybound Store in the crafting menu nor the access to the Food Hall. The ancient gate just sends me back to the outpost.

Do i need a special version of Starbound for this to work?

EDIT: Trying the "missing NPC" Fix now...

EDIT2: Nothing, i have no clue where to find the Food Hall.
Raksuda
New to the forum

Postby Raksuda » Sun May 28, 2023 10:17 am

Raksuda wrote:I am sorry to necro this, but has anyone successfully used this mod lately?
I'm still stuck trying to install it because i cannot find a .modinfo file in the latest release and when i have 9.5A installed i can find neither the Bellybound Store in the crafting menu nor the access to the Food Hall. The ancient gate just sends me back to the outpost.

Do i need a special version of Starbound for this to work?

EDIT: Trying the "missing NPC" Fix now...

EDIT2: Nothing, i have no clue where to find the Food Hall.

Nevermind, started a new game and there it is.
Raksuda
New to the forum

Postby Iwannaeat » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:42 pm

I am not sure how active this thread is at the moment. I have recently downloaded this mod, and yet I can't seem to find the store in my crafting list. I tried making a new character like the post above, and yet the store still is not there.

I followed the instructions on how to download:
Downloaded 9.5.0A Zip,
Extracted 9.5.0A Zip,
Clicked on the "Mods"
Dragged all 9 mod folders into the Starbound mod folder.

Once the game is open, I click on the bottom right corner just to double check, and I see my mods there.
The "Starbound Simple Vore Mod" has the Author and the game version of 8.6.1 (Since it was in the 9.5.0A zip, I assume that this is normal)
The others state that they're 0.0 or 1.0.

When I make a new character, there is still no shop.
Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: After a bit of digging, I have found out that the Food Hall is in fact accessible through the teleporter in the 2-stop teleshop in the outpost.
However this only brought up a new problem. I cannot teleport there. When I click on the option, my character teleports only to be sent back to the 2-stop teleshop. P.S.: Still no shop in crafting list, not even sure if it's supposed to be there or not.

If anyone knows the item name for the Spawn item command for the shop necessary to buying tagged items to start a vore colony, please inform me.

Edit 2: I have found a comment on the old 7+ year old tutorial. It was 9 months old, and I have managed to fix my game thanks to this commenter. I will post the entire comment here just in case anyone wishes to get their game to work as intended with the most modern update.

Here is the Comment:
Spoiler: show

THE MOST RECENT BUILD IS BROKEN. YOU MUST USE ONE OF THESE WORKAROUNDS.

Consolidating all the information I've had to gather to make this mod work since its dev has not made any display of activity on any website in the past three years to the best of my searching capability (they even have 3 people donating money to a Patreon that hasn't updated in that long like wut). May it save you the frustration I dealt with.

First of all, the guide on the github is not complete. To teleport to the 'Food Mall' you go to 2 Stop Teleshop, not an ancient gate.
The guide also mentions a 'modinfo' file that goes into the root folder, this is no longer required.
The instructional video says you can craft the Vore storefront: this also no longer works, it will not appear in your crafting menu. It can only be accessed in the Food Mall.
Finally, older guides may mention using a 'giraffe' folder, the files do not go there anymore: Put them in the regular mods folder as shown in the guide.

A) Find and download the previous build (the newest one adds nothing and introduces the bug that keeps the mod from functioning).

B) If you can't do that, the most complete fix is to find the foodhall[dot]json file (filepath: StarboundSimpleVoreMod/dungeons/missions/foodhall/foodhall[dot]json)
Use Everything Search to easily track it down if you prefer; it's a life-saver to have for general purpose anyways since Window's search is so trash.

Then open the file in the editor of your choice: Notepad is pre-installed, or Notepad++ if you want a program with better functionality.

Search for "typeName":"mall_nicole" and replace "nicole" with "prey" (it should now say "typeName":"mall_prey")

The teleporter to the Food Mall in 2 Stop Teleshop will now work (the guide says ancient gateway, reminder that this does not work).

C) Spawn in (most of) the shops yourself (you can get the holographic Vore shop, but not the full one. Functionally they're the same at least). First, open your chat box and type in /admin
Once you have admin power, type /spawnitem [item name here] [# of times you want to spawn said item]. This can also be used to spawn in items needed to meet tenant requirements. Store codes are:
/spawnitem lunaramoff
/spawnitem blueprintcounter
/spawnitem adriancounter
/spawnitem treasuretess
/spawnitem patreonFigurineStore
/spawnitem pomerchant
/spawnitem tokenexchanger

Some additional notes: Some of the SPOVs do not work and I'm afraid I don't know how to fix them. It might be another thing an older version of the mod would restore.
The 'Poke' mentioned for spawning Pokemon Tenets is a Pokemon-related item bought from one of the aforementioned stores. Pokeballs definitely work, dolls might (haven't tested myself).
Refer to predchart.png for the list of requirements to spawn each tenet. Some are very general; the github guide does mention ways to change their requirements so you'll be more likely to spawn the ones you want.
This mod can cause crashes and potentially even save corruption. You might want to keep a cloud save and disable making new ones while playing around with this so you'll have a backup (or just copy your save file and plunk it down somewhere else for safekeeping).
Iwannaeat
New to the forum

Postby Darkwalker290 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:40 pm

Has anyone figured out how to change the audio parameters of a particular pred?
This text comes from the npcvore lua file: -- Audio will activate, Guess what, the audio portion of the mod. This will turn off audio for all preds.
-- For individual preds, you can overide this value to suit your needs.
-- This line can either be "true" or "false"
audio = true
Darkwalker290
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game