Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Postby Isha » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:32 pm

OKAY!

Finally got some time to sit down and work on BotP. Here's what's coming in the next version:

-- Further alterations to the Underforge scene (I'm altering the Creation-Kit-designated scene itself). Skjor will no longer cut his wrist, and I'm modifying the context of events slightly.

-- Re-designed Dustman's Cairn ambush (I've figured out how to do what I want in a more efficient way).

-- Rough test of the 'unload' script for the Devourment abilities. It's a 'beta' design, so it'll be included as an optional script).

-- Re-build of the weight script (again, a beta revision -- I discovered that the player was getting weighed down, even when an NPC ate someone else; I think I've got that fixed now).

Possible inclusions/future additions:

-- A further modification of Gallow's Rock, focusing around the Vigilants of Stendarr (the Vigilants make more sense in this context, since the Silver Hand is focused entirely on werewolves).

-- A small camp for Mia and company/a modification to unlock Mia's store after doing a few (radiant?) quests for her.

-- An actual 'devourment' perk tree, to replace the Werewolf tree (accessible via 'p' or something, not sure yet).

I'll have the earliest revisions up tomorrow evening, and the more complex stuff will come later).

Also, leave your feedback! What do you like/dislike? How can I improve the mod? Tell me, please!
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby kenny316 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:05 am

Isha wrote:OKAY!

Finally got some time to sit down and work on BotP. Here's what's coming in the next version:

-- Further alterations to the Underforge scene (I'm altering the Creation-Kit-designated scene itself). Skjor will no longer cut his wrist, and I'm modifying the context of events slightly.

-- Re-designed Dustman's Cairn ambush (I've figured out how to do what I want in a more efficient way).

-- Rough test of the 'unload' script for the Devourment abilities. It's a 'beta' design, so it'll be included as an optional script).

-- Re-build of the weight script (again, a beta revision -- I discovered that the player was getting weighed down, even when an NPC ate someone else; I think I've got that fixed now).

Possible inclusions/future additions:

-- A further modification of Gallow's Rock, focusing around the Vigilants of Stendarr (the Vigilants make more sense in this context, since the Silver Hand is focused entirely on werewolves).

-- A small camp for Mia and company/a modification to unlock Mia's store after doing a few (radiant?) quests for her.

-- An actual 'devourment' perk tree, to replace the Werewolf tree (accessible via 'p' or something, not sure yet).

I'll have the earliest revisions up tomorrow evening, and the more complex stuff will come later).

Also, leave your feedback! What do you like/dislike? How can I improve the mod? Tell me, please!

I like the sounds of what you plan to do. can't tell you how to improve anything until it can be played/tested.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:44 pm

New version is up! Tell me what you think.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby 20threeyears » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Isha wrote:New version is up! Tell me what you think.

so what's all new in this version?
20threeyears
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:23 am

20threeyears wrote:
Isha wrote:New version is up! Tell me what you think.

so what's all new in this version?

It's a hotfix, to account for some bugs that I discovered after the first upload. Here's a list of what BoTP involves, as of the latest update:

The player will not learn Devourment skills until Skjor and Aela induct the player into the Companions. At that point, they'll only have Swallow and Swallow (non-lethal); also, until you finish the Companions' quests, you won't be able to swallow corpses. Currently, there's no mechanism in place to give the rest of the abilities; I'll be working on that shortly.

I've corrected a few stray conversations to fit more appropriately with the theme of the mod.

The Devourment abilities will be removed via script when a new game is started, and (until the requisite quests are completed) when a saved game is loaded. I've added messages to indicate when BoTP has properly initialized.

The hotfix corrected an issue with the 'removal' scripts (one of them wasn't firing properly) and deactivates 'swallow corpse' until the player would logically be granted such an ability.

As noted in the opening post, BoTP is not currently designed for use with the new 'belly node scaling' update; I'm actively looking into a solution, but a proper 'update' may not be practical.
Isha
Participator

Postby pendingdel3056hb25 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Hmmm... This looks quite interesting. I never really cared too much for werewolf stuff (devourment made it seem redundant) but I'll have to keep an eye on this...
pendingdel3056hb25
Been posting for a bit

Postby Terrafox » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:30 pm

could you make a video or put up some screen shots of how this mod works?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Terrafox wrote:could you make a video or put up some screen shots of how this mod works?

Well, there isn't really anything new to show -- all I did was make relatively small alterations to the Companion quests. It all plays out the same WRT dialogue, BoTP just makes you a pred rather than a werewolf XD.

That said, I'll work on a video, though it's not going to be particularly interesting *lol*.
Isha
Participator

Postby Raiden13 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Isn't there a way to overwrite the functio or method that gives you this ability at the beginning? For example, orverwrite the "OnInit" to do nothing and give the ability after a specific dialogue.
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Isha » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:21 am

Raiden13 wrote:Isn't there a way to overwrite the functio or method that gives you this ability at the beginning? For example, orverwrite the "OnInit" to do nothing and give the ability after a specific dialogue.

I can't get at the ability-loader itself (it's part of the closed-source Devourment scripts), but the latest build of BoTP works around it by taking the abilities off as soon as they're granted (until the requisite quests are finished).

:Edit: For anyone who has downloaded and tried BoTP: thank you! If you encounter any bugs, let me know and I'll try and squash 'em.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Blood of the Pred Version 99d is up!

The link on the front page has been updated. Just in case you haven't checked there, you can get the latest (BETA) build here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lcn7qv9h3jga ... d.rar?dl=0

Enjoy! And please, please please -- if you test BoTP, let me know of any bugs.
Isha
Participator

Postby LuluBoxFox » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:57 am

Looks really neat i would be glad to play and test x3
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jadex » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:21 pm

huh what happened to this mod anyway just kinda went quiet without reason
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Isha » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Jadex wrote:huh what happened to this mod anyway just kinda went quiet without reason

It's pretty much dead in the water; I don't play Skyrim that much any more. That said, I've still got it on my mind, so it's just 'mostly' dead. :)
Isha
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:05 am

When I begin "The Silver Hand", I pass time to 9pm, and Skjor walks to the underforge, buy Aela just stands still. Is there a console command that I can use to fix her?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Isha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:07 am

I haven't encountered that bug in a while; did you install the mod and then start the quest? The scripts generally don't like mid-quest installs.

You can try using the Savegame Script Cleaner, but I don't think there's a console command that will fix it. You might be able to move back to an earlier saved game, though.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:50 pm

Heads up! I'm baaa-aaack!

Got a new Devourment Refactor-specific version of BoTP up and running!

This one has Beast Form tie-ins, but it's only Alpha 1.0 at the moment.

Link's on the first page. Enjoy!
Isha
Participator

Postby Jadex » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:17 am

Isha wrote:Heads up! I'm baaa-aaack!

Holy moly he lives, a joyous day/night!
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Isha » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:32 am

Jadex wrote:
Isha wrote:Heads up! I'm baaa-aaack!

Holy moly he lives, a joyous day/night!

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. :lol:

Hopefully, I'll stick with this project for a while and actually get it done to my satisfaction. Got a few things to work on, and now I have a list of potential fixes to try.

How does version 1.0 work for you?
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:45 pm

BotP: Refactored Alpha 1.02 is up. Download and patch notes are posted on the first page.

Please download and test! There are some experimental things in this one that I'd like to get some wide-scale feedback on.

Thanks again!

Isha.
Isha
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game