Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Postby Jadex » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 pm

[quote="Isha"]BotP: Refactored Alpha 1.02 is up. Download and patch notes are posted on the first page.

Please download and test! There are some experimental things in this one that I'd like to get some wide-scale feedback on.

Thanks again!

Isha.[/quote"]
Ironically I don't actually have time to play Skyrim right now cause much less bug test due to school ^^; but incase you haven't seen there's been a couple of new mods for devourment latly, might wanna go ask people in this discord I'm sure some would be up for it https://discord.gg/NvT35tne
(its the Devourment Modding discord to be specific)
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Isha » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Thanks! I'll pop in there in a bit. :)

If you do get a chance to test things out, please let me know what you discover.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:44 pm

BotP alpha Version 1.05 is now ready for download!

Details are on the front page, as usual.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Blood of the Pred Alpha 1.06 is ready to go!

Download is available now. Please read the patch notes for the current testing focus.
Isha
Participator

Postby aceshot117 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:47 pm

is this compatible with moonlight tales?
aceshot117
Been posting for a bit

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:52 pm

What exactly is this mod? you a have a lot of info on the main post but don't provide a description of what it actually... does? something related to the companions?
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:16 pm

Because they both change the werewolf transformation script, Blood of the Pred is not compatible with Moonlight Tales (and probably incompatible with any mod that changes the werewolf transformation). Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about such problems.

I'll try and highlight the explanation on the front page, but...

Blood of the Pred reworks the Companions questline. Instead of becoming a werewolf, the Beast Form shout now gives you the 'Vore' power from Devourment Refactor, and makes visual changes to the werewolf transformation and several quests, to make the Companions quests Devourment-appropriate.

It's very much an alpha state right now -- I'm repairing bugs as I find them, and working on further changes. My long-term goal is to convert the entire 'werewolf' experience into a vore-themed adventure.

If you decide to try this mod, please check the Known Issues list on the front page; those are the bugs that I'm already fully aware of and working to correct. If you find additional bugs, please let me know here and I'll add them to the list.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:11 pm

First, I apologize for the long break between updates; I've been bug-testing and trying different things and don't want to release a new update until I'm satisfied with what I'm changing.

That said:

I need an opinion about a significant potential change to Blood of the Pred.

I've never really been comfortable removing or short-cutting around existing Skyrim content, so I'm considering moving away from the Companions storyline entirely, and making BotP truly Devourment-focused. I'd do that by setting the mod up so that an active pred first has to swallow you (with the normal chance that they might just digest you anyhow), and transfer the vore powers that way. It would be like a vampire's curse, in that you'd have a little while to get to a temple to remove the curse before it becomes permanent.

Pro: players would no longer be forced to run through a bunch of quests to get the Beast Form power; it would spin it off into its own 'thing', separate from the werewolf quests. I would be able to stop worrying about the werewolf transformation animations and try a bespoke transformation sequence.

Con: it's probably going to take a while to figure out how to set things up this way -- so any new updates would arrive at some uncertain future point. It would also disconnect Blood of the Pred from any story elements that previously gave a semi-lore-based reason for becoming a pred.

I won't put a poll up, because I'm not decided on whether I want to go this way with things, but if you have an opinion one way or another, please speak up!

Thanks,

Isha.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Fri May 21, 2021 3:29 pm

After a lot of experimenting and fiddling, I've managed to correct the largest problem with Blood of the Pred -- that when the player activates Beast Form, the perk tree and quick-menu are both locked out. I can fix it, and potentially add a full and proper Devourment perk tree, without using a workaround, and it should work with both the Vampire Lord power and/or Beast Form.

The downside: the engine's access to the werewolf and vampire perk trees is hard-coded, so I can't make the changes I'm considering without altering the 'default' Vampire Lord or Beast Form for anyone that has BotP active -- whether they're using an alternate-start mod or not.

To clarify: the Dovakiin would no longer be able to become a 'standard' Vampire Lord and/or werewolf. They would be replaced by the bespoke '_BotP_PredRace' that the mod currently uses.

Therefore, I'm putting it to you: is having a proper perk tree worth the hassle and inconvenience of quietly breaking Vampire Lord or Beast Form?
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Tue May 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Blood of the Hunter v. 1.07 is now up and ready for download!

See the front page for details, and Watch This Space!
Isha
Participator

Postby TOTALLYRREAL » Tue May 25, 2021 9:30 pm

Might just be me, but the link to the download just brings me to a dropbox page saying this file has been deleted.
TOTALLYRREAL
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Tue May 25, 2021 10:05 pm

TOTALLYRREAL wrote:Might just be me, but the link to the download just brings me to a dropbox page saying this file has been deleted.

Aw, crap -- hang on, I'll double-check the link.

How's this one?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ola9fx4k9jv4 ... a.rar?dl=0
Isha
Participator

Postby Merphix » Wed May 26, 2021 7:24 am

Isha wrote:The downside: the engine's access to the werewolf and vampire perk trees is hard-coded, so I can't make the changes I'm considering without altering the 'default' Vampire Lord or Beast Form for anyone that has BotP active -- whether they're using an alternate-start mod or not.

So BotH doesn't work with the Live another Life - Alternate start mod? I would have to disable it to test out this mod?
Merphix
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Wed May 26, 2021 8:56 am

Merphix wrote:
Isha wrote:The downside: the engine's access to the werewolf and vampire perk trees is hard-coded, so I can't make the changes I'm considering without altering the 'default' Vampire Lord or Beast Form for anyone that has BotP active -- whether they're using an alternate-start mod or not.

So BotH doesn't work with the Live another Life - Alternate start mod? I would have to disable it to test out this mod?

Alternate start mods will still function -- I just meant that while I initially intended to just 'clone' the vampire lord scripts and quests (and leave everything otherwise intact), that proved unfeasible, given the way the Vampire Lord form is designed in the engine.

If you run an alternate-start mod that makes you a vampire lord from the start of the game, that will be changed if you have BoTH active.

As it sits, it's still possible to become a vampire-- to change that much was relatively simple. Leaving the Vampire Lord intact, while still having BotH do what it does, unfortunately does not seem to be possible.
Isha
Participator

Postby Merphix » Thu May 27, 2021 4:11 am

Playing through on a new save.

Starting off, I had all the vore powers before even contracting vamprism (From the cow in Riverwood lmao).

and after using hunter form and reverting back, I still kept the vore powers.
Merphix
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Thu May 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Merphix wrote:Playing through on a new save.

Starting off, I had all the vore powers before even contracting vamprism (From the cow in Riverwood lmao).

and after using hunter form and reverting back, I still kept the vore powers.

Thanks!

I'll take a look at the removal script. It *should* be working properly.

Other than than, how does it feel? I'm concerned that it might need tweaking, particularly in a dungeon.
Isha
Participator

Postby Merphix » Fri May 28, 2021 4:45 am

Isha wrote:
Other than than, how does it feel? I'm concerned that it might need tweaking, particularly in a dungeon.

So far its been fun to play. Having the vore abilites locked behind a once a day form is definietly a cool spin on the typical devourment play style.

Can't say really on dungeons. I'm new to skyrim in general, and with how often I make a new game for a new update to Refactor, I rarely make it out of the Riverwood/Whiterun area.

My knowledge of modding is limited, but would it be not possible/easier to create your own VorePerk/power distribution file rather than a script that tries to remove powers from the player/npcs?
Merphix
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Fri May 28, 2021 3:51 pm

Merphix wrote:
Isha wrote:

So far its been fun to play. Having the vore abilites locked behind a once a day form is definietly a cool spin on the typical devourment play style.

Can't say really on dungeons. I'm new to skyrim in general, and with how often I make a new game for a new update to Refactor, I rarely make it out of the Riverwood/Whiterun area.

My knowledge of modding is limited, but would it be not possible/easier to create your own VorePerk/power distribution file rather than a script that tries to remove powers from the player/npcs?

I'll look into that; I'm not familiar with how the DISTR files work, though. I use scripts primarily because when I started working on the mod back in Skyrim LE, because of both choice and necessity (the Devourment source scripts were unavailable at the time) I wanted to avoid making potentially-compatibility-breaking changes to the base Devourment setup.

With regard to the once-a-day timer: how convenient is it? I can easily change it back to an on-demand lesser power if the delay is too annoying.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Fri May 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Version 1.07b is up!

Mostly minor cosmetic fixes; no major changes to functionality.
Isha
Participator

Postby Merphix » Sat May 29, 2021 8:19 am

Isha wrote: With regard to the once-a-day timer: how convenient is it? I can easily change it back to an on-demand lesser power if the delay is too annoying.

Personally, I've been using Wait to skip 24 hours when the form runs out.
My votes down for the on demand power.
Or an option somewhere to toggle between on-demand and Cooldown?
Merphix
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game