Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Postby Isha » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:47 am

Mooppoop wrote:https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/50833 Here's the link to the mod page. I fixed the issue by deleting a mesh folder within the mod, made a backup just in case, and the mod works fine so far the issue is fixed.

Good to hear! I'll make a note about that on my 'look into this' list.

Hope you enjoy Blood of the Hunter.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby Mooppoop » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:25 am

Why not give the player the normal devourment powers after fully becoming a "vampire" after contracting Sanguinare Rapaxis, and having the apex predator form give the player the superpred perk and other perks while in hunter form? unless that'd be too complex to impliment.
Mooppoop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Isha » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Mooppoop wrote:Why not give the player the normal devourment powers after fully becoming a "vampire" after contracting Sanguinare Rapaxis, and having the apex predator form give the player the superpred perk and other perks while in hunter form? unless that'd be too complex to impliment.

It wouldn't be hard at all -- look for it in the next update!

(I honestly hadn't thought about doing that. But it makes sense. XD)
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:12 am

Just a heads-up:

Blood of the Hunter seems to have stopped working properly. I'm trying to track down the cause. No ETA on a fix yet.

:Edit: It's not Devourment, or any of its requirements; I've turned everything off and gone to a bare-bones DR-only install, and the problem continues.

:More Edits: I've deactivated everything except a test build of Blood of the Hunter, to see if the requirements are blocking anything.

:Final Edit: Okay, I've got things going again. Good news and bad news:

The good news is, Blood of the Hunter is functional once more. Thankfully, the changes I made only touch Skyrim's standard scripts, don't use a lot of SKSE-only functions, and don't have any hard requirements. Even with the Anniversary Edition, I will be able to keep working :) .

The bad news is: it's going to take a little while to get the next update out. I've got backups of my scripts, but some of them accumulated a lot of cruft from other script mods, and I can't rule out an unexpected script or plugin interaction. As a precaution, I've uninstalled my entire load order and started fresh with just a single test mod. Which I'm now backing up to Dropbox XD.

So, while I'm here -- update notes!

I'm currently working on a big change to the mod -- in the next version, when you reach Stage 4 of what would normally be called 'vampirisim', you will become a 'starved apex predator', and you will involuntarily assume Apex Predator form. Later, you'll be able to gain the Apex Predator power permanently and have some form of control over the transformation, but the uncontrollable hunger will always be a risk. I haven't yet finalized how you'll come out of the involuntary transformation, but it will probably be through an interaction with Mia.

The Apex Predator form is also going to receive an upgrade, of sorts: the player will initially have a small selection of Devourment powers (vore/burp/fart/regurgitate), and Apex Predator will come with more of them, and will be more powerful than your mortal form.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:32 pm

Blood of the Hunter v. 1.09d is in pre-release testing!

If all goes well, expect a formal upload in the next day or so.
Isha
Participator

Postby Mooppoop » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:36 pm

Possible bug you're still able to contract sanguinare rapaxis after already contracting it and waiting the timer out to receive the devourment powers.

Edit: Using the pre-release 1.09d version if that assists in anyway
Mooppoop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Isha » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:20 am

Thank you! I will take a look. Probably forgot a function there somewhere. :)
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:20 pm

Mooppoop wrote:Possible bug you're still able to contract sanguinare rapaxis after already contracting it and waiting the timer out to receive the devourment powers.

Okay, so I've looked over Sanguinare Rapaxis on 1.09d , and I can't see anything that might be causing the bug you described. Does contracting Sanguinare Rapaxis that way affect the progress of the disease? Does it reset the timer, or just give you the 25% debuff without doing anything else?
Isha
Participator

Postby Mooppoop » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Isha wrote:
Mooppoop wrote:Possible bug you're still able to contract sanguinare rapaxis after already contracting it and waiting the timer out to receive the devourment powers.

Okay, so I've looked over Sanguinare Rapaxis on 1.09d , and I can't see anything that might be causing the bug you described. Does contracting Sanguinare Rapaxis that way affect the progress of the disease? Does it reset the timer, or just give you the 25% debuff without doing anything else?

After waiting the 3 days and gaining access to the powers you're able to contract it again if that makes any more sense, basically it's like contracting sanguinare vampiris after becoming a vampire already
Mooppoop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Isha » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:55 pm

Mooppoop wrote:
Isha wrote:

After waiting the 3 days and gaining access to the powers you're able to contract it again if that makes any more sense, basically it's like contracting sanguinare vampiris after becoming a vampire already

Hm.

Ohhh. I think I know what's going on. Vampires are normally immune to disease, but I may have inadvertently removed that immunity during my revisions.

Thank you! :)
Isha
Participator

Postby piecheese10 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:28 am

What does the Apex Predator form look like? Any screenshots?
piecheese10
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:15 pm

piecheese10 wrote:What does the Apex Predator form look like? Any screenshots?

No screenshots yet (it's on my lengthy to-do list), but I can accurately describe it as a scaled-up version of your character. Other than height, the only thing that changes appearance-wise is that they get glowing eyes (I invoked the 'Rule of Cool' to make Apex Predator form look impressive and powerful).
Isha
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 pm

So, with Anniversary Edition now out and about, an update to this mod might be needed. Apparently a number of Skyrim mods broke, so you might want to look into if this one did as well.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:20 pm

wariodude128 wrote:So, with Anniversary Edition now out and about, an update to this mod might be needed. Apparently a number of Skyrim mods broke, so you might want to look into if this one did as well.

I'm working, slowly, on an update. I've started a new job that takes a lot of my energy.

That being said, the only things I've actively changed are stock Skyrim scripts and edits within the BoTH .esp itself; the only aspects that could potentially break are in Devourment Refactor and its dependencies. Right now, I'm getting a bare-bones version set up, with just the minimal amount of changes to make sure the mod functions.

If I upload the 'in-progress' version as it is, it won't have any Devourment tie-ins at all, so it won't be very exciting XD.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Aaand here it is!

Blood of the Hunter 1.09c is ready for testing. Download on the front page!

I chose to rebuild the mod from the ground up and take my time with a more comprehensive bug-testing update. For 1.09c, Apex Predator has been removed entirely, and will reappear in a couple of updates.

Just like Devourment Refactor itself (and many other mods), Blood of the Hunter will not work with Anniversary Edition. It's not my decision; some of the DR dependencies haven't been updated yet.

In the next few updates, I'll start re-building Apex Predator form, including revamping the perk tree. For now, please let me know if there are any bugs and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Happy Hunting!
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:32 am

So! Good news and bad news.

The bad news: I have, thus far, been unable to alter the Vampire Lord form in the way that I previously did, which precludes the use of the Vampire Lord quick menu or perk trees. I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work, so for now -- unfortunately -- there is no Apex Predator form available.

The good news is: a new update is on its way! I've been testing various ideas in my spare time over the past few months, and started building some new ideas to (hopefully) compensate for the lack of the Apex Predator ability.

Instead of the Vampire Lord (which I'm still determined to find some use for), a player that has contracted Sanguinare Rapaxis will slowly gain more Devourment powers as their hunger proceeds through three stages. Upon feeding successfully, the player's powers will reset to 'Stage 1', just as a vampire normally does when they feed.

In addition, it's now become unwise to incautiously digest prey -- you might inadvertently digest the important items they're carrying, as well! To avoid the 'annoyance factor' of having quest items permanently disappear, those particular items will not be irretrievably destroyed; instead, they'll be sent to the Dung-Gatherer's chest in Whiterun for easy retrieval.

Not to worry though; I've double-checked and item removal will not affect Devourment's skulls. They'll still appear in the usual manner.

The next update (and possibly the last for a while) will be up sometime in the next day or so.

Thanks for all of your patience!

Isha.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:49 am

Finally, a proper update....and a bittersweet message.

Version 1.09 will be the last major update for Blood of the Hunter, because I'm semi-retiring from Skyrim modding.

A couple of months ago, I started playing Skyrim, and I realized that my tastes had moved on. The game just isn't as much fun as it once was; I've seen and done almost everything in the game, multiple times, and even with my long list of mods, the 'wow' factor has run its course.

So, it's time to move on.

Blood of the Hunter is as complete as it's likely to get, given my declining interest in Skyrim. I may come back to it at some future point, but I don't know 'if' or 'when'.

So, this is it. Thank you, to everyone that has downloaded this mod, or any of my mods. The Skyrim community is the reason I started modding in the first place. Thank you to the many hard-working individuals that made Devourment Refactor possible (you are literally the reason Blood of the Hunter exists, after all!)

Please enjoy Blood of the Hunter -- perhaps the most complex mod I've ever developed, and definitely the most frustrating when it didn't work right! This time, I think I've squashed all the bugs.

Who knows? I might even see some of you in Elder Scrolls 6...

Always grateful,

Isha.

P.S. If someone wishes to continue developing the mod, drop me a line and we'll talk.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 pm

Okay, so I'm not totally finished after all!

1.9.2 is here!

This is a 'polishing' update, with one or two small changes.

The primary change is the introduction of a workaround for a bug caused during the 'golden claw' quest in Bleak Falls Barrow. I introduced an 'escape hatch' so that you can still obtain the golden claw if you eat Arvel without first retrieving it from him.

If that happens, the claw will automatically be made available from Jeb the Dung-Gatherer in Whiterun. It's fairly expensive (over 3,000 gold), but I figure that will serve as an incentive to not eat Arvel the moment you get him down from the web :lol: . The claw gate should operate properly with the 'backup' claw, but I haven't yet tested actually handing it in to Lucan or Camilla.

The other changes are cosmetic: a few changes to the player's feeding messages, and one back-end debug trace to make sure the claw transfer functions properly.

NOTE: I'm not certain that this works with Devourment Gameplay Edits' 'digest food and potions' feature. AFAIK, everything else should function normally. More data is needed! Please test and report.
Isha
Participator

Postby Jadex » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:13 am

Oh sick, well thanks cha for all the work so far!
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarkRain » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:44 am

what does this mod add? vore skils by a vampire?
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game