Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:11 am

I actually enjoy grinding, but it's a tad boring here.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Fevix wrote:
foxyumbreon wrote:
Fevix wrote:Not willing to put in hours of grinding for a fetish game, sorry. I'm here for the vore, not to get my ass handed to me by the same boss 15 times in a row.

Grinding can be annoying enough without feeling antsy to just get to the sexy stuff. I feel the same way when I start a game of this nature, and have to sit through 30+ minutes of story setting things up just to start encountering anything I'm playing to see. Especially before it's even become clear whether or not said content will be of my interest.

My point exactly here. There was zero notice that you were meant to grind before the first boss, it felt more like a time constraint because your health was constantly ticking down and you had no way to restore it. I don't mind story-based games, but GRIND based? No thanks, especially since after I did beat the first boss and get to the city (which had no save point of its own that I could find), you're rewarded with hearing that just about everything is going to try to eat you. Being oral prey isn't really my thing unless it's done VERY well, and this game doesn't seem to be hitting that mark for me, and when you add on the fact that at this point it seems like this is a prey-only game with no way to eat enemies, that just adds more "Nah" to the pile for me.

I wound up just using Cheat Engine to lock my health at max (For those interested, Game Maker stores values as X*2+1, so you double it then add 1 to find out what you're supposed to be searching for. ex: 100 in GM -> 201 in CE. 201 in GM -> 403 in CE, etc) but it was still dull and boring, battles were reduced to waiting for the animations to finish so you could selsct your next attack, and I wound up just spamming "confirm" to try to make things go faster.

I do agree that the first boss is a total a sucker punch, but it's like that deliberately to get the point across right away. I wanted grinding to be a necessity in this game to accentuate the fact that Ammy is fighting an uphill battle on a quest that nobody, human nor god, has ever before survived. I also wanted to make that point perfectly clear, and do so sooner rather than later in case that prospect is something a player may not be interested in. Therefore, I stuck a beginner's trap within the first 10 minutes of the game to relay that information without simply relying on some random pop-up box explaining it.

And yes, it's definitely a prey-only game. Much as I enjoy Ammy as prey (for particular reasons mostly related to her power), I've never seen her as much of a predator. I think because eating somebody is a bit of a barbaric way to kill/purify/etc. them, and Amaterasu is such a pure being, it just feels weird to me that she would resort to such a thing. Even in a world filled with demons trying to eat her, I could imagine her not wanting to stoop to the same level as such vile monsters. However, at one point I did consider letting the player use the Lucky Mallet (once acquired) to shrink and consume enemies that are low on HP for various bonuses, but decided against it because I didn't want to add even more for the player to worry about when they're already so busy trying to level-up their brush skills.

empatheticapathy wrote:I actually enjoy grinding, but it's a tad boring here.

Granted I can't speak for everybody, and my perspective on things is probably much different than most people for obvious reasons, but I think the only time the grinding ever really bothered me personally was in the forest, since at that point the annoyingly high encounter rate in that dungeon had me sick of battles by time I needed to pause at the save point to gain some levels.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sithman91 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:37 pm

I there going to be a new demo for this game? I enjoy ammy being prey!
sithman91
New to the forum

Postby Firon » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:11 am

sithman91 wrote:I there going to be a new demo for this game? I enjoy ammy being prey!

you do not necro several year old topics!
Firon
---

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:21 pm

sithman91 wrote:I there going to be a new demo for this game? I enjoy ammy being prey!

Much as I also love Ammy as prey, as of right now the game's official status is 'cancelled,' but maybe someday that could change. Just don't get your hopes up, because the primary reason for ceasing the project boiled down to me no longer having the time to mess around with RPG Maker like I once did, pretty much bringing my days of game creation to an end.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game