Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Postby foxyumbreon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:33 pm

tgcidolfus wrote:After getting as far as just after getting water lily ability, ill do my critique of the game so far. The game is a solid JRPG style game, meaning that it is hard and some grinding must be done at times as every level Ammy gets is massively important. The actual need to use potions is a rarity in almost any RPG anymore and for me, shows that game is hard, but not too hard in most cases for players with that mindset in mind. The forest dungeon series, a timer displayed would be very helpful for how much time a player has left until dark. (if there is a time out sequence and not just a scare tactic to make a player feel rushed) I will say though, the encounter rate is slightly high all around as taking 1 step after an encounter and getting another one can be frustrating when you are just spam running trying to get somewhere. During the 1st true boss encounter when you are tiny, I feel that the boss should have 300 hp and not 500 because at that point its just a time/potion dump as players should have figured out the mechanics by that point.

I really liked in the 1st town, despite it being a vore game, if a player actually shows trust to some of the npcs they are greatly rewarded meaning a player needs to have some level of faith (or a recent save file) with many of the npcs in towns.

On to the brush techniques I cant applaud you enough for the creativity in them being able to power up further through use (or just afking on the world map to let Ammy take her sunbath) While I haven't finished leveling up all of them, I will say the rewards upgrading them are very much worth a players time, even if multi-powerslash feels like its broken as it hits every enemy on screen 4 times, and not just 4 150% strikes, it was really broken for the orc boss battle. (and redid the fight without it, and it is still very doable, as I didn't even need 1 potion for the entire fight using holy light and poison/sleep and blind combos to destroy the orcs even when my attack was reduced to nothing)

Bugs I've noticed:
In the 1st summoning tower near the 1st save (by the 1st high summoner "boss" encounter) if you go back up a screen the map no longer follows the player and they can go off screen and the screen seemed to stop following me until I restarted the game.
In the forest north of the 1st town if you follow the right sided path until you get the open area where you had to count the plants if you go back (I did this as Ammy) enter the room (to the left of the counting area) you appear on top of the trees, but can still walk to the exit on top of the trees
After defeating the orcs, I went back in to see if I could use the nuisance enemies to farm up some bloom levels since its one encounter per step and they cant really hurt you, after going back south of that room the screen turns completely black and never corrects itself even if you can keep moving and even get into a battle, the screen stayed pure black.
After doing Gem's event in her house, you are unable to leave as it appears something invisible is blocking the door.

Overall this is a top quality and enjoy every second of this

Ill edit this post further with any additional bugs I find, unless you want me to just make new posts for anymore that I find.

Well, to be fair, some of the upgraded Brush Techniques are designed to be a bit overpowering as a reward for the player putting in the effort to learn them. Then again, you're also intended to acquire them as you play, and even by the end of the demo while using the necessary skills rather regularly I still haven't quite yet acquired any of them (although I also knew exactly what level I want to be at where, so I wasn't doing any excess grinding out of uncertainty). In fact, at some point I may even reduce how long it takes to acquire Holy Light, depending on how far along it reached by the end of the game on my end. Needless to say, the enemies thus far aren't exactly equipped to handle those skills, but of course that also makes them all the more rewarding for the early effort. Also, Multi Power Slash isn't supposed to hit all enemies, so I'll have to look into that. I must say I'm actually thankful that you learned it early so that can be brought to my attention sooner rather than later. Lastly, at some point (since it's looking like you may acquire it) I may be changing the unlockable Bloom skill all together if I can come up with a good alternative.

Regarding the forest. It used to have a timer, giving the player a solid 90 minutes to pass before game over. However, in the current demo I decided to take a slightly different approach to make for a more unique experience from other possibly timed segments later on. Making it so it simply gets darker perpetually, and the player basically has the option to give up if they feel it has become too dark. Granted the dimming light still technically runs on the same sort of timer, it's made invisible because it's only a minute long, and keeps resetting to control the darkness level.

As for the encounter rates of the game, some of the early encounter rates are a bit misleading. Most dungeons and areas won't have nearly as high encounter rates as the world map, and the North Forest. Both of those have high encounter rates for a reason, though. The world map has an ultra high encounter rate because everything is so cluttered together that if it weren't that way, you'd never get in any battles between locations. As for the forest, it's designed to use that aggression to build some tension for the (at least original) time limit, while also hastening any grinding the player may require for bosses without running out the clock. Either way, there should be plenty of time to clear the forest, so it's more there to build a greater sense of tension than what actually exists.

Thanks for pointing out those glitches. I don't know about that Gem one, but the others I definitely understand what's happening with them because of oversights to necessary adjustments regarding changes that were later made to the game. They shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Also, regarding Gem:
Spoiler: show
Can you be a little bit more specific regarding when you tried to leave with that glitch happening? Was it after you succeeded her minigame, after you failed (but survived) her minigame, or after you returned to recruit her?

As for further comments, please use new posts. I'll probably miss edits, or at the very least won't know they happened until somebody else posts to bump up the thread.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mermidion » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Update on the whole download link Thing.
I was able to download the game now with no Problems. don't know how it is fixed now or how Long it will last,but at least it worked.
Mermidion
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Mermidion wrote:Update on the whole download link Thing.
I was able to download the game now with no Problems. don't know how it is fixed now or how Long it will last,but at least it worked.

It's because Dropbox sucks for distributing large files, but it's what I have, and I'd rather not run around creating accounts at more websites than necessary. Since I have a free account, it disables downloads from it due to excessive traffic if downloads exceed 20GB a day, or something like that.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tgcidolfus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:41 am

In regards to the gem glitch it was after it was successful and she thanks me and tells me she will reward me later, after she leaves there seemed to be 1 block above the exit I couldn't pass through. After testing the event again I got stuck again, here is a picture of it and its I drew a red line where I cannot go down any further.

tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 am

tgcidolfus wrote:In regards to the gem glitch it was after it was successful and she thanks me and tells me she will reward me later, after she leaves there seemed to be 1 block above the exit I couldn't pass through. After testing the event again I got stuck again, here is a picture of it and its I drew a red line where I cannot go down any further.

That's quite the intriguing occurrence, since I managed to exit the house just fine. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix however, since it's clearly just a matter of me having adjusted something at some point afterwards, and overlooked this resulting issue. Oh well. At least it's just a side quest, so the presence of the glitch isn't game breaking.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mermidion » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:59 pm

Another bug i found:
in the first village ,in the left house with the black Minotaur and the trap.
Very often,(but not always) the game will Crash when i lose to the Minotaur. showing the following error text:

Script 'Battle System View' line 436: NoMethodError occured.
Undefined method 'guard?' for Nil:NilClass.

-this error text doesn't mean much to me,but i hope it helps you,finding and Fixing it.
Keep up the good work.
Mermidion
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Mermidion wrote:Another bug i found:
in the first village ,in the left house with the black Minotaur and the trap.
Very often,(but not always) the game will Crash when i lose to the Minotaur. showing the following error text:

Script 'Battle System View' line 436: NoMethodError occured.
Undefined method 'guard?' for Nil:NilClass.

-this error text doesn't mean much to me,but i hope it helps you,finding and Fixing it.
Keep up the good work.

Weird, but all right. Did you ever happen to notice it happen in any other battle?
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tgcidolfus » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:31 am

Ok, I have finished as far as the current demo.

I understand now why encounter rates are higher with the sneaky cat skill I managed to almost make it to the exit with it running before 1 encounter. However, I could not get the catwalk skill to work, at least on the chest in the miasma island area. (can provide a screen shot if needed as well) I also could never use the lucky cat skill in combat to see if you do get 2x money rewards from combat. But I do understand you get these skills technically as the demo ends, so them not working correctly is understandable.

In regards to the current final boss, I will say she is substantially easier than the 1st one as the poison didn't seem to effect Ammy too much, and seemed to be 100% negated when having the holy light buff running. Either that or I was truly over-leveled for the encounter at level 20.

In regards to your last in-game comment about not leaving the island causing issues, would leaving the island and coming back to that last save that is before the boss prevent "issues" from occurring or best to load a previous save if I wish to keep running around the world map?
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:57 am

i also get the bug like tgcidolfus where i get not out anymore. no matter how much times i try it xD

i need to say the events like this here + restourant one was fun. wish here would be a ton more of them^^

still to much monsters. i did hate to walk 1-5 steps and then a next enemy. in the end i did try flee flee flee so i can faster walk.

xD also the 21 boxes , the first maze was annoing xD i needed almost a hour for this , t hen a crash, then again needed do this^^ was almost going to quit xD

still its not bad. i really hope here come soon more updates and more events <3

you do a good job untill now
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:32 am

tgcidolfus wrote:Ok, I have finished as far as the current demo.

I understand now why encounter rates are higher with the sneaky cat skill I managed to almost make it to the exit with it running before 1 encounter. However, I could not get the catwalk skill to work, at least on the chest in the miasma island area. (can provide a screen shot if needed as well) I also could never use the lucky cat skill in combat to see if you do get 2x money rewards from combat. But I do understand you get these skills technically as the demo ends, so them not working correctly is understandable.

In regards to the current final boss, I will say she is substantially easier than the 1st one as the poison didn't seem to effect Ammy too much, and seemed to be 100% negated when having the holy light buff running. Either that or I was truly over-leveled for the encounter at level 20.

In regards to your last in-game comment about not leaving the island causing issues, would leaving the island and coming back to that last save that is before the boss prevent "issues" from occurring or best to load a previous save if I wish to keep running around the world map?

End of Demo Spoiler:
Spoiler: show
I was also at Level 20 when I completed the demo, but didn't yet have Holy Light, or any other unlockable brush skill. At that level, I do agree that the boss wasn't particularly difficult compared to others, although I did find myself using both Potent Potions acquired directly before. That's actually why I decided to add that bit of dialogue afterwards about the reason she lost being that she went easy on you. In regards to Holy Light, its regeneration rate is higher than the rate of damage dealt by poison, even after Hazelock strengthens it.

Regarding Catwalk, none of the paths for it, nor the treasure chests, have been programmed yet, so in the demo the skill literally does nothing. I did this on purpose to keep people from having any reason at all to leave the island. As for departing being a problem, it should be fine so long as you return to the island's save point, and transfer the save file from there. Otherwise you may wind up bypassing necessary (and not yet present) events that are required to continue the game, and may trigger during the island's departure.

Ger-Fox wrote:i also get the bug like tgcidolfus where i get not out anymore. no matter how much times i try it xD

i need to say the events like this here + restourant one was fun. wish here would be a ton more of them^^

still to much monsters. i did hate to walk 1-5 steps and then a next enemy. in the end i did try flee flee flee so i can faster walk.

xD also the 21 boxes , the first maze was annoing xD i needed almost a hour for this , t hen a crash, then again needed do this^^ was almost going to quit xD

still its not bad. i really hope here come soon more updates and more events <3

you do a good job untill now

Well if that glitch of being unable to leave the house happens to one person, it's going to happen to everybody. It's obviously (to me) the Gem event that gets in the way when it goes invisible, and for some reason doesn't act how it's supposed to with then being replaced with the exit.

Fortunately, not all areas have super high encounter rates, and as has been said, those that do have them are there for a reason. I agree that high encounter rates are a frustrating pain to deal with, but each dungeon's encounter rate is designed with either specific goals in mind, or to work with the dungeon's size, setting, and objective.

Lots of people have found that first maze annoying, but I don't plan on changing it. I'm happy with how it pushes the player to decide whether they should grab all the chests now, or return for some of them later, and the cryptic (yet solvable) nature of the exit's location. It also prepares the player for the teeth-clenching challenges that lie ahead by using super simplistic enemies in a large area.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:23 pm

well in first maze i would just remove the random enemy. that would already help a ton. + a savespot would be fine here too .

by all other mazes is it still to much. the game is annoing when you walk 2-3 meters and a other monster come. i needed all time bark for let the enemy run. like 100 enemy untill then. i dont think anybody kill each enemy. you enter a fight. flee/let enemy flee. then you start walk and instant a other enemy fight open. it can have some reasons but why this hight? ^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:well in first maze i would just remove the random enemy. that would already help a ton. + a savespot would be fine here too .

by all other mazes is it still to much. the game is annoing when you walk 2-3 meters and a other monster come. i needed all time bark for let the enemy run. like 100 enemy untill then. i dont think anybody kill each enemy. you enter a fight. flee/let enemy flee. then you start walk and instant a other enemy fight open. it can have some reasons but why this hight? ^^

It's only especially high on the world map, and in North Forest. The reason it's that high on the world map is because of how cluttered together everything is, and the reason it's that high in the forest is to be considerate of the player's need to gain EXP for the bosses while racing against a timer (that was a bit less forgiving originally). Either way, those battles are extremely helpful for the sake of gaining the levels needed to beat the stronger enemies that lie ahead. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll be fighting them as you go, or spend extra time grinding safely near a save point to make up for retreated battles. Regardless, you'll probably be slaying approximately the same number of enemies in the long run.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tgcidolfus » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Well, I finally finished upgrading bloom, and am curious if the item you get for the upgrade do anything?

Also the skill you get for it, does the skill upgrade with your level or is it a set value, as it could be super powerful early (for those who grind it out) and not nearly as useful later without some creativity on drawing away status causing effects (if it can draw those style of attacks)
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:09 pm

tgcidolfus wrote:Well, I finally finished upgrading bloom, and am curious if the item you get for the upgrade do anything?

Also the skill you get for it, does the skill upgrade with your level or is it a set value, as it could be super powerful early (for those who grind it out) and not nearly as useful later without some creativity on drawing away status causing effects (if it can draw those style of attacks)

It levels up with you, assuming I keep it. For quite a while, I've been thinking about coming up with a different skill, but never had any luck figuring anything out.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:02 am

foxyumbreon wrote:
Ger-Fox wrote:well in first maze i would just remove the random enemy. that would already help a ton. + a savespot would be fine here too .

It's only especially high on the world map, and in North Forest. The reason it's that high on the world map is because of how cluttered together everything is, and the reason it's that high in the forest is to be considerate of the player's need to gain EXP for the bosses while racing against a timer (that was a bit less forgiving originally). Either way, those battles are extremely helpful for the sake of gaining the levels needed to beat the stronger enemies that lie ahead. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll be fighting them as you go, or spend extra time grinding safely near a save point to make up for retreated battles. Regardless, you'll probably be slaying approximately the same number of enemies in the long run.

for lvl up you can still set it lower^^ people who are to weak for the boss easy can walk up and down and up and down untill a enemy fight start. its just annoing for people who want just walk through it for get a chest and need to flee all time for walk a few meters xD just wanted say^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:47 pm

Unfortunately, the recent demo for Ravenous Dimension is much more likely to be the final release than the earlier one. When I released the older demos, I still roughly had everything up through the second Deemer planned by time of the first release. Now that I've completed up to that point however, all I have are a few vague ideas for certain parts here and there (including the ending), but hardly enough to press onward as it currently stands.

Whether or not the game will ever be finished is still up in the air, but this is just my way of saying that the project is back on "Indefinite Hiatus" status.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Fevix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:11 am

Not willing to put in hours of grinding for a fetish game, sorry. I'm here for the vore, not to get my ass handed to me by the same boss 15 times in a row.
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:42 am

Fevix wrote:Not willing to put in hours of grinding for a fetish game, sorry. I'm here for the vore, not to get my ass handed to me by the same boss 15 times in a row.

Grinding can be annoying enough without feeling antsy to just get to the sexy stuff. I feel the same way when I start a game of this nature, and have to sit through 30+ minutes of story setting things up just to start encountering anything I'm playing to see. Especially before it's even become clear whether or not said content will be of my interest.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Fevix » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:
Fevix wrote:Not willing to put in hours of grinding for a fetish game, sorry. I'm here for the vore, not to get my ass handed to me by the same boss 15 times in a row.

Grinding can be annoying enough without feeling antsy to just get to the sexy stuff. I feel the same way when I start a game of this nature, and have to sit through 30+ minutes of story setting things up just to start encountering anything I'm playing to see. Especially before it's even become clear whether or not said content will be of my interest.

My point exactly here. There was zero notice that you were meant to grind before the first boss, it felt more like a time constraint because your health was constantly ticking down and you had no way to restore it. I don't mind story-based games, but GRIND based? No thanks, especially since after I did beat the first boss and get to the city (which had no save point of its own that I could find), you're rewarded with hearing that just about everything is going to try to eat you. Being oral prey isn't really my thing unless it's done VERY well, and this game doesn't seem to be hitting that mark for me, and when you add on the fact that at this point it seems like this is a prey-only game with no way to eat enemies, that just adds more "Nah" to the pile for me.

I wound up just using Cheat Engine to lock my health at max (For those interested, Game Maker stores values as X*2+1, so you double it then add 1 to find out what you're supposed to be searching for. ex: 100 in GM -> 201 in CE. 201 in GM -> 403 in CE, etc) but it was still dull and boring, battles were reduced to waiting for the animations to finish so you could selsct your next attack, and I wound up just spamming "confirm" to try to make things go faster.
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby tgcidolfus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:03 am

To the complaints about the game being hard, the best way to look at this game is, as a summary, it is a JRPG with aspects of vore in it. So a hard RPG 1st with themes of vore as the 2nd. So in order to enjoy the game, you need to be a RPG fan 1st that doesn't mind some grinding other than a pure fetish game with that stuff you enjoy over and over.

Because as I've said previously, the game creator put in a lot of thought and balancing (towards the harder end) for characters and events, and skill development is something rarely seen, even in the best of RPG maker games.
tgcidolfus
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game