Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:06 pm

I am making VERY slow progress on this but I will keep these bugs in mind and make sure they are fixed.

As for mods, I have always intended to release the source for the text version when I am finished with it. Whether I will do the same with the graphical version is up in the air.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby drclstory » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:53 am

Can we play this game on mac? I mean is there a new version, which can be used on mac, the old version doesn't seem to work?
drclstory
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:29 pm

drclstory wrote:Can we play this game on mac? I mean is there a new version, which can be used on mac, the old version doesn't seem to work?

I no longer have a Mac on which to test the game, so unfortunately the only version available is for Windows. The original roguelike has an open-source version for Mac, though, so you can try your hand if you have any coding experience.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SmeetReaper » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:07 pm

Myconid32 wrote:I am making VERY slow progress on this but I will keep these bugs in mind and make sure they are fixed.

As for mods, I have always intended to release the source for the text version when I am finished with it. Whether I will do the same with the graphical version is up in the air.

wait there is a -graphical version-? whats that mean/, and is that version downloadable to play out of curiosity?
SmeetReaper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:21 pm

SmeetReaper wrote:wait there is a -graphical version-? whats that mean/, and is that version downloadable to play out of curiosity?

It's not playable yet. I made a poll and people voted to prioritize the graphical version, but I need to port the original code to a new system to make it easier to use sprites, so it's taking a while. They also take some time to draw even with the simplistic test style I am using. On the plus side, it's forcing me to understand the code MUCH better.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ekadragon » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:31 am

Myconid32 wrote:
SmeetReaper wrote:wait there is a -graphical version-? whats that mean/, and is that version downloadable to play out of curiosity?

It's not playable yet. I made a poll and people voted to prioritize the graphical version, but I need to port the original code to a new system to make it easier to use sprites, so it's taking a while. They also take some time to draw even with the simplistic test style I am using. On the plus side, it's forcing me to understand the code MUCH better.

Honestly I am eager to see where you take this and I'll stress, don't rush yourself to get something done. It's better to make sure that it's in a way that you yourself can be satisfied with it. I honestly can imagine how interesting it will get when those little symbols we've seen for so long suddenly have appearances and alter based on what's done to us.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby SpotTea » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:07 pm

Myconid32 wrote:It's not playable yet. I made a poll and people voted to prioritize the graphical version, but I need to port the original code to a new system to make it easier to use sprites, so it's taking a while. They also take some time to draw even with the simplistic test style I am using. On the plus side, it's forcing me to understand the code MUCH better.

You continue to amaze me!
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby JessTheNerd » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:54 am

Hey not sure if anyone else has this issue but I downloaded the latest version and everytime I try opening it the tab is massive and I can't shrink it down or even see any of the options. Anyone else had this issue?
JessTheNerd
New to the forum

Postby Trubot527 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:24 pm

JessTheNerd wrote:Hey not sure if anyone else has this issue but I downloaded the latest version and everytime I try opening it the tab is massive and I can't shrink it down or even see any of the options. Anyone else had this issue?

page up and down changes the screen resolution
Trubot527
Participator

Postby origamibot » Fri May 13, 2022 5:39 pm

Is there a reason why the wand of polymorphism seems to be broken in the debug mode?
origamibot
New to the forum

Postby HiddenDarkHM » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:12 am

Myconid32 wrote:

Dude it is SO exciting to know you're still working on it! I can't wait to see what you do next because this absolutely remains one of my favorites vore games of all time. I love your writing and it's genuinely fun to play so I really look forward to the next version, whether it's an update to this version or the new one. I just wanna put that encouragement out there, you deserve so much credit for what you've done so far.
HiddenDarkHM
Been posting for a bit

Postby ZeForgotten » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:22 pm

How do you resize the application? Right now it's way too big for my laptop and i can't find a way to decrease its size.
ZeForgotten
New to the forum

Postby ZeForgotten » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:26 pm

Trubot527 wrote:
JessTheNerd wrote:Hey not sure if anyone else has this issue but I downloaded the latest version and everytime I try opening it the tab is massive and I can't shrink it down or even see any of the options. Anyone else had this issue?

Tried this but it doesn't work, help?
ZeForgotten
New to the forum

Postby Crazyman536 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:49 am

ZeForgotten wrote:
Trubot527 wrote:

It works, but, depending on the model of computer/keyboard you use, it may require you to hold another button before hitting page down. In the case of lenovo, page down is also an arrow key and requires you to hold FN (function) before pressing page down.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby wetcardboardbox » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:12 am

Crazyman536 wrote:
ZeForgotten wrote:
Trubot527 wrote:page up and down changes the screen resolution

It works, but, depending on the model of computer/keyboard you use, it may require you to hold another button before hitting page down. In the case of lenovo, page down is also an arrow key and requires you to hold FN (function) before pressing page down.

If this doesn't work you can also experiment with increasing the resolution of your screen. On my setup, 1920*1080 can comfortably fit the whole window on my display.
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaxonvorist » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:55 am

I've been loving playing Vrogue for a while now, still haven't quite made it to the Amulet yet but I'll get there, and I was wondering how things are going with the push to a graphical version? Thanks for putting out a sweet vore port of a great base game!
Jaxonvorist
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:29 am

Sorry for the lack of response. I keep missing activity on this thread, but I am glad people are still enjoying the game.

Progress is still slow because of porting issues and life stuff. I want to avoid updating before I have something concrete, so it will be a bit of a wait. Thanks for the interest!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jaxonvorist » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:33 pm

No worries, and I know how that is, all the same still enjoying what you have put out and look forward to more!
Jaxonvorist
Been posting for a bit

Postby KindaFishy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:43 pm

I can appreciate only updating when there's something to post, no worries!
Hope you continue working on this game, it's one of my favorites, real nice combination of things that're rare to find in vore in general
KindaFishy
New to the forum

Postby lapraslunch » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:04 pm

Indeed~ It's good enough just to know that this project is still being worked on~ Especially since it was one of the first vore games I truly enjoyed on this site and it still holds a special place in my heart for just how much passion as been put into it~ :)
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game