Larapha: A Witch's Tale Vr. 34 --New Poll--

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Would you be interested/able to help crowd fund this game?

I would be interested, and am able to do so!
24%
I would be interested, but I don't have the funds to...
69%
I would not be interested
6%

Total votes : 765

Larapha: A Witch's Tale Vr. 34 --New Poll--

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 pm

***Project Update***
As for right now, I'm not going to be able to work on Larapha for the time being. Mainly because at the moment, I am making my living off of doing vore art. And while it's nice to be earning my keep from doing something that I love, it's also taking up most of my time to keep on top of my too do list. I've also had two vore games that I've been commissioned to do in the mean time, which has eaten up the remaining time that I would have to devote to working on projects like Larapha or The Bard's Song.

Now, my question is, would people be interested in crowd funding Larapha? While it would be hard for me to take off the time to make a Larapha update, if I was able to at least get enough money to cover my bills for a month, I could take time off from art to work on the game. I'll leave a poll to test the waters for this idea. To make things clear though, even if I don't get crowdfunding, that doesn't mean I won't ever do an update for this game, but... it will be very difficult to find the time to do one in the next year or two at least with what my current work schedule is.

Introducing Larapha: A Witch's Tale. You play as Agni, a Witch in a magical city who devours things to transform into them. It's a predator style game, and there will eventually be several kinds of vore as Agni gains more witch spells. She uses her transformations to solve puzzles, infiltrate places, and to trigger different scenes. The game is now in the Alpha phase, with the whole first area pretty much done and the first two quests are completable. More will come as I complete it~

The game is currently in v.34.

You may access the DL through this finely-crafted link:
https://mega.nz/#!DtQCgDZb!Q-sNgKspFOjB ... R4Fn1u79K0
Last edited by The Saint of Ravens on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 am, edited 17 times in total.
No worries, I don't bite~
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Larapha: A Witch's Tale -DEMO-

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Are there any possibilities of you being prey in the game?
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Monopolus » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm

This should be interesting. I can't wait to try it. :)
Monopolus
???

Postby LordHiro » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 am

I am excited for this. It sounds fun!
Why would you want to eat me? What makes you so sure I taste good?
LordHiro
New to the forum

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:39 am

Larapha: A Witch's Tale v0.01 is ready!
http://www.mediafire.com/?44c2l9221c202kb
Okay, so this is a very rough demo, but I wanted to get something released tonight and start getting some feed back. Any help picking out glitches, errors, mistakes, or what have you will be helpful and much appreciated. I know there are a few things that might be choppy in the first few minutes, because I used a developed style of event writing part way through the project and I don't know how well some of it mixed with what I started before. One thing I know for certain is that the Cetina Bathroom scene is bugged if you have Scat Scenes On. You have to check the toilet twice to get the cat transformation power.

Umm... other than that, you transform by activating the sparkling grates in outside locations. You have to cycle through the forms that you have whenever you transform, because I haven't figured out a better way to do it yet. As I put more time and effort into the game, the various forms that you can take will have very large impacts on the world and on the NPC's in it.

As a checklist, there are FIVE forms in the Demo:
---Human
---Elf
---Cat
---Child
---Faerie

Any comments and criticism are gladly accepted. I hope you guys enjoy what I have so far.
P.S. There is a lot of PLOT and BACKGROUND info. Sorry if I went overboard!
P.S.s You will need the RPG MAKER VX ACE RTP to run this game. Please get it and download it first!
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:02 am

Well, certainly sounds fun. I`ll have to try it later.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Scorpi » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:14 am

A nice little demo there. I like the setting about you beeing a witch in that city. The other forms you can take is nice too. Makes setting up diffirent scens if you wanna add that the caracter can get eaten too if she has the "wrong" form when speaking to someone (like that scen with the demoness)

Looking forward too see more and how the game goes
Scorpi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rein1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 am

I have a glitch to report ~! when ever you have the cat power and talk to X when he talks about how you can climb vines it gets stuck in the conversation option and just repeats itself.

Plus when you talk to rose in the pawn shop is it suppose to leave the conversation when you ask about "something special?"

+ when you eat the fairy the fairy forms sprite ( possibly whole form ) overwrites the elf form
Rein1
Somewhat familiar

Postby justaname333 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 am

This project shows promise! Above par writing, interesting setting, detailed maps, with decent presentation on top of it. But as expected of an incomplete project, it has its little quirks here and there, as I'll list from memory to help, let's get nitpicky!

The biggest issue would be the talking cat's looping dialogue, forcing a restart. Fortunately he's not required so far to progress.
A lesser "issue" is that during dialogue events, I feel that actors should be removed as they go, such as some swallowing scenes where they remain until it's all over.
There's also the "looking for something special" option with Rose, which does nothing. It should at least have a note that it's incomplete, if it isn't just broken altogether.
Also pertaining to Rose is that during her 'scene', if survival is chosen, and you go back and do it again to choose the other one, it acts as if you chose survive again.
As nice as the maps look, there's quite a lot of bits where you can walk into spots where you probably shouldn't, such as into walls.
There doesn't seem to be any way to leave the manor when sneaking in with the child form. With cat, it's a bit hard to realize that dark spot in the hallway is where to leave, unless you remember that's where you appeared in the first place.

Now, for a couple suggestions, if you don't mind.

For dealing with the awkward transformation choices, perhaps work it so that interacting with the vents transports you to a different map (For instance, a mindscape-like environment) where images of the characters eaten so far show up, and simply interacting with one transforms you into their form.
I liked the interaction with the fairy, especially if you choose to keep her instead of eating. I'd love to see the ability to further interact with her at your room, or other private places.
justaname333
Participator

Postby Froggylove » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 am

Its good, but I want to eat the magical talking cat, not my pet cat :I Pleeeease add that in <3
ImageImage

Please don't call me a he ;w; I am a she, if you couldn't tell <3
Froggylove
Been posting for a bit

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am

Larapha v.02 Glitch Fix
http://www.mediafire.com/?kbry5iy3bvrjvem

Fixed cat glitches, as many wall-walking glitches as I could find, a few spelling mistakes, and you can now sneak out of the mansion as a child.

Also, I took justaname333's suggestion and changed how the transformations are done. You go into Agni's Mind's Eye, where you can chose what to transform into. I also like that system for later parts of the game, where you pick up mental 'hitchhikers'.
Enjoy!
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Just some notes while I played through.

Analysis:

1. Interesting choice of music for intro.
2. I like the choice of book and dragons as an intro screen.

3. You can choose your own name. That is pretty neat.

4. Nice introduction to the setting.

5. I think you misspelled bureacracy.

6. I like the look of Agnis room. Looks pretty well decorated.

7. When checking the bed, I am asked: "0G for one night, would you like to stay?" Which seems a bit strange.

8. When checking the dresser: It is spelled underwear, not underware.

9. When checking your cat, I like the description, though it is spelled "apartment."

10. When checking the letter: It is spelled: aquintance.

11. When eating the cat: It is spelled "shedding." and "resilient."
Good description of the scene though.

12. Heh, law Posting.

13, I like how she has something to think about each tenant in the building.

14. "I wonder of Nicca is home?" Should there be an "if" there?

15. When checking Oswalds door, you say "suspecious" should be "suspicious." Though it might also be a different way of spelling. Not sure if writing error.

16. I like the music in the hallway.

17. Franklin Devons room, I like how Agni reacts to the child, but nothing seems to happen when I talk to him.

18. When going down the stairs into the "appartment lobby" I notice notes that I can't read.

19. The graphic of the stairs seems a bit weird as well due to how they are placed.

20. The apartment lobby seems like it should have more stuff in it. It seems rather empty at the moment.

21. I can read the notes on the outside. of the building. Good job on the setting I see.

22. When checking the door above the redhead flirter: "Styalized blue flame." Should be stylized?

23. Right above the guard, there is a greenspot below a note that allows me to walk on the wall. Something about the tileset I think.

24. When talking to the hairy guy right by the greenhaired flower lady, there seems to be some of the words that go off-box with Agni. Name: Delver.

25. Can not read the law-note above the well.

26. The orc speaks like a stereotyped black guy?

27. I like the dialogue between Agni and Cicero. Also, he got a nice looking shop.

28. I am not able to read the note or read the sign outside of Ciceros shop.

29. Not able to talk to the woman outside his shop either.

30. When in Roses shop, she sells two antidotes.

31. Not able to read the sign outside of her shop.

32. When eating the little girl by the flowers, some text go outside the box when you are halfway.
It is quite the nice eating scene though.

33. A bit interesting that Ashren has a human face graphic.

34. Heh, fire priests. Fun part.

35. Helena Family Thug: A part where he talks he says: "inthe Lower Reach".

36. Not able to talk to the thugs in front of the stairs.

37. Being a cat doesn't really change any of the talk options in the street.

38. When at the pub, I am unable to read the far left note.

39. When speaking to Anthem, Agni says: "When did you come OT the Lower Reach."

40. I like the look of the bar though.

41. When eating the fairie: "You toss her into your ans"

42. When talking to Ashren while a cat, it doesn't remove the event. It is still in place, thus leaving a cat graphic behind.

43. When a cat, the fire priests still think of you as a woman.

44. I can climb the vines to the Helena mansion, but I can't enter the door. I assume that is the end of the game.

45. When sparing the fairie. It is spelled "mammaries."

46. Also, when in the bar. I can walk on the crack in the wall right by the toilet stairs.

47. Huh, when sparing the fairie, but eating the elf, the child with the flowers has disappeared.

48. In the Helena Mansion, there is a staircase you can't walk down. There is no transfer event. It is by a bookcase in some hallway.

49. If there is anything written on the grave in the back garden, I can't read it.

50. The "boss" in the Helena mansion reacts to you talking to him, but he has nothing to say.

51. When talking to the boss in child form, Agni introduces herself as Angi.

Summary:
I really enjoy playing this game. Agni has a nice personality, the setting is pretty cool and the way people talk reflect how bad things are. I also like how the transformation is presented.
I also like how the plot progress so far.
It is by all means, pretty well done.

WEll, dunno what to do now, so I guess I`ll just wait for another update.
Last edited by Bright on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Andrew_PT » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Bright wrote:
50. The "boss" in the Helena mansion reacts to you talking to him, but he has nothing to say.

Go into girl form and talk to the fist thug outside on the mansion and then to the ones at the gate. Then go talk to the "boss".
Andrew_PT
Been posting for a bit

Postby Onewingedangel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Wow! This is the most exciting vore game I've played in a long time! Thanks for making it! I hope to follow all of your progress!

The only suggestion I really have is to make sure that people treat you differently when you're in different forms. Misspellings and minor map glitches, at least in my experience, are totally forgivable in the long run, but in a transformation game the thing that is going to make or break the atmosphere is how people treat you when you're in different forms.

Seriously though, this game has inspired me to try making a game again. Thanks! :-D
Onewingedangel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Ah, thanks Andrew_PT. That didn't occur to me.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Farfanuggen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Is there no way to cancel an option or open your inventory? I've hit just about every button on the keyboard and nothing works.

Edit - Nevermind. I see Esc works as it all. I've had bad experiences with Esc and these games so I didn't want to press it.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Lawrence Craft » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:07 pm

The Saint of Ravens wrote:You play as Agni, a Witch in a magical city who devours things to transform into them.
Hmm, that reminds me of a picture-storie-series which brainstorm (http://aryion.com/g4/view/222821) commissioned by Vale-city (http://vale-city.deviantart.com/), called "The one wish".
I will give it try and add a game-related comment later. ;-)

Farfanuggen wrote:Edit - Nevermind. I see Esc works as it all. I've had bad experiences with Esc and these games so I didn't want to press it.
If i remember right, you can use the "0" button on the num-block of your keyboard as well, this should work like the esc-button in RPG Maker games.
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Oh man. This was a fantastic game. About time we get one where you can be the predator for once.

Oh, I do have a couple questions though: will there be vore scenes just because she's hungry? That don't result in a transformation, like that neighbor of hers that she's drooling over? That would allow you to have more vore scenes without having to whip up a new transformation.

Also, could some of the next vore scenes let you walk around with a full stomach for a bit so you can listen to your stomach gurgle, like with the cat in the beginning?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Genowing » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 pm

I need more! this is so AWESOME!
Genowing
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreSkeeter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Theres a bug with the transforming. I always end up as a fairy. But besides that this is a pretty good game.
''Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.''

Dylan Thomas
VoreSkeeter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game