Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (1/26/16 - v1.1.2)

Postby cives » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 pm

I get this weird error that I don't remember ever getting before when trying to talk to civilians by the water in the first town.

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "remain silent"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at ScriptInterface.AddChoice(ScriptInterface.java:136)
at ProcessedScript$ScriptLine.invoke(ProcessedScript.java:42)
at ProcessedScript.execute(ProcessedScript.java:148)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4458)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4437)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4416)
at FenetreTest.doMove(FenetreTest.java:3462)
at FenetreTest.walkTo(FenetreTest.java:3907)
at FenetreTest.mouseReleased(FenetreTest.java:4126)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
cives
New to the forum

Re: Modded VGame client (1/26/16 - v1.1.2)

Postby Seifens » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 am

Interesting. It seems like there's alternate script for those npcs before you get the revelation badge. One of the dialog options has parentheses embedded in the text, which breaks the script parser.

To be fair, it works in the original game so this is an issue with my mod. I'm a bit surprised this hasn't come up anywhere else though. I'll look at getting a fix up in the next few days, thanks for the report!
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Modded VGame client (8/3/2017 - v1.1.3)

Postby Seifens » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:20 am

I've updated the code with a fix for the issue above. The current version is now 1.1.3, available in the first post. This should also correct a few other problematic scripts I found while doing the work.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anthony050 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 pm

I managed to get the game to run again and played with Hiccup's mod and was inspired to try it for my self but I'm rather confused how to do anything. I was going to try to add some more npcs, add some quests, try to make it compatible with the later chapters and try to make more event's that allows one to get willing meals or at least some without combat. I managed to figure out how to edit and add events but I cant figure out how to add characters, edit their lvl, edit if they're hostile or not and neither how to add new maps. I remember doing some of it a couple of years ago but I sadly lost all of that when I was forced to reset that pc. I'm using Microsoft office is a better way to edit it?

Any info would be appreciated and sorry if it's stated somewhere of how to do it. I do remember reading it somewhere but I'm not sure where I did check the "edit" folder but I didn't really see anything to useful. I'll go through it again later as I might just be to tired.
anthony050
Participator

Postby Seifens » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:01 am

anthony050 wrote:I managed to get the game to run again and played with Hiccup's mod and was inspired to try it for my self but I'm rather confused how to do anything. I was going to try to add some more npcs, add some quests, try to make it compatible with the later chapters and try to make more event's that allows one to get willing meals or at least some without combat. I managed to figure out how to edit and add events but I cant figure out how to add characters, edit their lvl, edit if they're hostile or not and neither how to add new maps. I remember doing some of it a couple of years ago but I sadly lost all of that when I was forced to reset that pc. I'm using Microsoft office is a better way to edit it?

Any info would be appreciated and sorry if it's stated somewhere of how to do it. I do remember reading it somewhere but I'm not sure where I did check the "edit" folder but I didn't really see anything to useful. I'll go through it again later as I might just be to tired.

You're looking at creating a content mod. Unfortunately I don't know much about those, and as an alternative I wrote this client mod. I know it involves using Access to edit VData.mdb. As far as running it you have a few options. Either use the original client or the legacy version of mine (available from the first post). Those both read directly from VData.mdb to run the game. Alternatively you could use the latest version of my client, but after changing VData.mdb you'll need to delete (after backing up, of course) vgame.dat. The game will read in VData.mdb and regenerate it if it's missing. However in any of these case you'll probably need to be running through jportable or some other compatibility mode since the mdb format isn't well supported in Java any more.

Assuming you go with the latest version of my client, once you're done with planned changes and are ready to publicize your mod, you can just distribute the newly created vgame.dat file.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anthony050 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 am

Seifens, ok thanks I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure if I'll get to far as I'm studying at the moment and am just doing it while taking breaks but I'll be more then happy to share it if I manage with something :D
anthony050
Participator

Postby MikhailOberchav » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:30 am

Back at it again with trying to get vgame to operate along w/hiccups mod, i've got up to chapter 5 installed with java 6 update 20, except upon startup i get 4 errors and get a blank screen. the errors are
Erreur : java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT EventID, TailleX, TailleY, BaseX, BaseY, North, South, East, West FROM Map WHERE MapID=1
Erreur Event loader : :java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur 2 : java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur : java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT TiltSet.Position, TiltSet.NomImage, TiltSet.Blocked, TiltSet.EventID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map, TiltSet WHERE Map.MapID=TiltSet.MapID AND Map.MapID=1 ORDER BY TiltSet.Position
Erreur la : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur 2 : java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT Prop.TailleX, Prop.TailleY, Prop.PositionX, Prop.PositionY, Prop.Nom, Prop.MapID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map, Prop WHERE Map.MapID=Prop.MapID AND Map.MapID=1
Erreur prop loader : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException

If anyone can explain, any help is appreciated
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:16 pm

MikhailOberchav wrote:Back at it again with trying to get vgame to operate along w/hiccups mod, i've got up to chapter 5 installed with java 6 update 20, except upon startup i get 4 errors and get a blank screen.

The errors you're reporting indicate that you are most likely not running the 32 bit version of java, which is required in order to run off of mdb files. I recommend a dedicated install of jportable 7 (not 8... java versions past 7 won't work)

However, you're posting here so I assume you're running the legacy version of my mod. In that case you should know that my mod is for the latest version of the game, which is chapter 7. It will probably not work correctly with chapter 5, with or without hiccup's mod.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MikhailOberchav » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:29 pm

can you give me a link to the jportable i need to use? i've tried a jportable before but i don't think it installed correctly or something.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 pm

It took a bit of looking since they stopped linking to the older versions on their website but here's the version I use: https://sourceforge.net/projects/portab ... e/download

I have it installed in vgame/production in a directory called jportable, and I have a batch file called run_jportable.bat with the following content:

Code: Select all
@echo off
echo ---- RUNNING VGAME ----
jportable\bin\java.exe -jar vgame.jar
echo ---- RUN COMPLETE ----

That of course runs my client, which as I mentioned probably won't work with hiccup's mod unless you're actually porting his content to the chapter 7 database. If you just want to run the base game with chapter 5, replace vgame.jar above with test2.jar.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MikhailOberchav » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 pm

hmmm, i installed jportable into the production folder and found the java.exe file but when i click it i get a quick command prompt and then it disappears the same way as when i click the run.bat and vgame.jar. I'm guessing i need to make a batch folder with the java file in it and paste it into the command prompt? Sorry, not the best coder or computer man.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:41 am

Make a new text file in your production directory named run_jportable.bat.

Right click on it, select 'edit', and paste the following into it:

Code: Select all
jportable\bin\java.exe -jar test2.jar

Save and close it, then double click it start the game.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:13 am

Is there any way to change the model your character uses?
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby MikhailOberchav » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:36 am

Dang, I still get the brief pop up window then it disappears, but I copied the text file word for word and the name word for word. I just don't know what i'm doing wrong
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm

posting to track. enjoying it alright so far
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:01 pm

@Jazzumness
No, unfortunately the character is separately rendered in all of her poses/armors, so changing it out would be very difficult. The topic came up before in another thread in which someone had written with a tool to replace graphics used by monsters, but ultimately the player character was a bit too much.

@MikhailOberchav
Well that sucks. I don't really have much other advice than to learn about the command line and how to run programs from it, because that's what you need to do here.

@Slayerhero90
Welcome, but honestly there isn't much to track. The game and mod have been final for several years, I just end up posting occasional updates when people find breaking bugs.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 pm

more tracking in the sense that i might need to have this thread readily available
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TrynaPixie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:24 pm

If anyone ever manages to get a working Vgame.Dat of the hiccups mod, please post here. I really loved that mod for adding so many new dangers, and no matter how much I wrestle with java and bat files and compatibility I can't seem to do it.
TrynaPixie
New to the forum

Postby MikhailOberchav » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 pm

i'm still trying to get hiccups mod to work, i got a new pc running windows 10 and still can't get the command prompt window to stay put. I've got seifens jportable downloaded but i think i have my command line wrong. i made a new text file and put it in the production folder with this text.
E:\Jportable\CommonFiles\Java\bin\java -cp . Testw.jar

yet when i fire up the new run_jportable.bat it gives me the same problems. now all i want is to just have chapters 1-5 with the mod, those were the most fun to play. but if that doesn't work i'll just download all of them and try running it normally. I'm just wondering if the tech i have is too far forward to run this gem of a game.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 am

I have the mod running on ym system, but I just realised that I apparently only have chapter 1 till 5 connected with the mod. From what I read, the mod works with all 7 chapters now, so I maybe should check if I can get the mod working with all 7 chapters.
My version is already pretty old, I only remember that back then only chapter 1 till 5 was supported. But yea, if I get all chapters running I may be able to upload it here.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game