*MUGEN General/Master thread* (1-03-2017)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: *MUGEN General/Master thread* (1-03-2017)

Postby SilverJ » Tue May 23, 2023 9:13 am

Konkage wrote:In fact, it's possible to have double vore without any helper (I did it when I tryed to edit some chars), I even edited a char to have double vore and each vored character can struggle independently and can be releasen in any order.

But to keep things simple, you need to :
- Add a "ID" parameter in the first HitDef for the vore move. It will be the identifier for the first swallowed victim.

- During the vore move, set the HitDef to grab the second victim to have a different "ID" param, and, the most important, have the "Attr" NOT as "ST" (as it flags the hit as a throw, and mugen have a security that releases previously grabbed char when starting a new throw). Personnaly I set "Attr = S, HA"

- When you want to to domething to a vored target, you need to check if its ID it the one you want. Here is a quick pseudo code sample, where XXX is the number you choose as an ID :

[State YourState, Change target state]
Type = TargetState
TriggerAll = NumTarget(XXX) > 0
~put your other trigger here~
ID = XXX
Value = YourNextTargetState

Maybe I forgot some things here and there, so feel free to ask ^^

I did not know that setting the attribute to a throw would remove a target ID even if given one via that hitdef. Will have to test this out more later. I did just learn that it also works with something like "target(XXX),command". Anything that redirects to the target's data in that way I assume. Didn't know that you could attach an ID there too. There's no documentation on that at all as far as I know.
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby ladre » Wed May 24, 2023 11:20 am

loving the lugia

also i wonder , any new on the user that is working on a luxray?
ladre
Participator

Postby SilverJ » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:22 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csbD4CxegVTBHY1NJV_V_I9ikbldiR5A/view?usp=sharing

I think I can call this lugia edit done now. I could add more to it, but I think I'd much rather make a version of my own from scratch first which would take waaay longer than this did.

What's done:
    Can digest opponent now.
    Spit up animation.
    AI will attempt to eat player if they're close enough.
    If you dash/run at Lugia AI, it is way more likely to try and eat you.
    Prooobably a bad idea on my part here. But it is your fault for sprinting right at a hungry Loog.

A few different sounds.
    I will update them if anyone has better sounds they want me to use because I don't know much about sound mixing.

Added button mash prompt and made it harder to escape. Only face buttons work.
    Couldn't get the directional buttons working right so I omitted them.
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby George777 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:15 am

SilverJ wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csbD4CxegVTBHY1NJV_V_I9ikbldiR5A/view?usp=sharing

I think I can call this lugia edit done now. I could add more to it, but I think I'd much rather make a version of my own from scratch first which would take waaay longer than this did.

What's done:
    Can digest opponent now.
    Spit up animation.
    AI will attempt to eat player if they're close enough.
    If you dash/run at Lugia AI, it is way more likely to try and eat you.
    Prooobably a bad idea on my part here. But it is your fault for sprinting right at a hungry Loog.

A few different sounds.
    I will update them if anyone has better sounds they want me to use because I don't know much about sound mixing.

Added button mash prompt and made it harder to escape. Only face buttons work.
    Couldn't get the directional buttons working right so I omitted them.

You did a great job with the new animations, regardless!

And, as someone with experience doing these vore edits in the past, I certainly can appreciate the pain that goes into spriting new frames for any fighter. Probably the reason why most of us go into edits rather than making a fresh character from scratch. But if that's your plan, then best of luck to you!
George777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orbstuffed » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:45 am

imagine being one of those guys who makes a vore character from scratch hahahaha

(couldn't be me) ^^;
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SilverJ » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:26 am

George777 wrote:You did a great job with the new animations, regardless!

And, as someone with experience doing these vore edits in the past, I certainly can appreciate the pain that goes into spriting new frames for any fighter. Probably the reason why most of us go into edits rather than making a fresh character from scratch. But if that's your plan, then best of luck to you!

Thanks, I don’t have any plans yet though.

Orbstuffed wrote:imagine being one of those guys who makes a vore character from scratch hahahaha

(couldn't be me) ^^;

I always wanted to make smaller scale characters like that to be honest. I’d just need to come up with some ideas I like for it and set aside time.
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orbstuffed » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:19 pm

SilverJ wrote:I always wanted to make smaller scale characters like that to be honest. I’d just need to come up with some ideas I like for it and set aside time.

What exactly do you mean by "smaller scale"? With edits to pre-existing characters, you only really have to code in and sprite one or two new moves, whereas with making a character from scratch you gotta do everything else on top of that. Basic animations, normal and special attacks, et cetera...unless you're planning to make a character with just a vore grab and little to nothing else.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SilverJ » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:20 pm

Orbstuffed wrote:
SilverJ wrote:I always wanted to make smaller scale characters like that to be honest. I’d just need to come up with some ideas I like for it and set aside time.

What exactly do you mean by "smaller scale"? With edits to pre-existing characters, you only really have to code in and sprite one or two new moves, whereas with making a character from scratch you gotta do everything else on top of that. Basic animations, normal and special attacks, et cetera...unless you're planning to make a character with just a vore grab and little to nothing else.

A character using less than usual animations, attacks and sprites. Enough to function and look good with maybe a gimmick to spice it up. Like Noahshime’s characters.
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orbstuffed » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:10 pm

Said characters were still made entirely from scratch though? Even if they don't have a complete moveset I still don't get why they're considered "smaller scale" than editing a pre-existing character, given the former requires a lot more work put into it.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SilverJ » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:03 pm

Orbstuffed wrote:Said characters were still made entirely from scratch though? Even if they don't have a complete moveset I still don't get why they're considered "smaller scale" than editing a pre-existing character, given the former requires a lot more work put into it.

Smaller scale isn't an insult if that's how you feel. I mean it as they aren't full on 6 button characters with some hundreds to a thousand sprites. Simpler may have been a much better term to use now that I think about it.
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby ladre » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:40 pm

amazing work
ladre
Participator

Postby thekirb2019 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:22 pm

making vore characters from scratch isn't entirely a bad thing but it does take quite awhile to make though...but on the flipside, you don't have to adapt on trying to match the design/art style of a character your trying to make the vore edit on. although most people prefer to edit already made characters to make a vore edit since those are of course much easier and less time consuming. but there are some others that do make characters from scratch like that one person who made the muk and eelektross which were both made from scratch
thekirb2019
Been posting for a bit

Postby SilverJ » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:23 am

Yeah I know it takes a long time and a lot of effort. I tried it before and got pretty far in, but didn’t finish it. Wasn’t vore themed though. I did gave fun while it lasted though.

I do have some ideas I want to make.
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby thekirb2019 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:55 pm

well alright then, good luck with that.
thekirb2019
Been posting for a bit

Postby coyote71 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:48 am

Got to ask what does everyone use to make edits to characters to make vore moves? I got my hands on a fighter factory 3 but I was wonder how do you make the sprites to create the moves?
coyote71
New to the forum

Postby thekirb2019 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:25 am

coyote71 wrote:Got to ask what does everyone use to make edits to characters to make vore moves? I got my hands on a fighter factory 3 but I was wonder how do you make the sprites to create the moves?

there are multiple paint programs you can use to make sprites. i would try using paint.net since it is free
thekirb2019
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eniel » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:30 pm

The pencil tool on most art programs is good for pixel art
WHAT
Eniel
Been posting for a bit

Postby AmarthTheRiolu » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:24 pm

Pixly on mobile is portable and free, a little clunky but gives you a touch screen instead of a mouse to draw with and lets you easily draw shapes (something you can abuse for simple bellies). Aseprite on Steam is not free but it's powerful and effective; a lot of professional pixel artists swear by it. Gimp is free and you can do tons with it besides pixel art, but it's not made with pixel art in mind and may be overkill. Really, any program that lets you edit individual pixels and gives you layers is all you need. I would recommend AGAINST regular Paint because it doesn't give you layers, which makes it difficult to keep a smooth flow between animation frames and makes mistakes harder to fix.
Got my Discord username after all, so false alarm!
AmarthTheRiolu
Somewhat familiar

Postby coyote71 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:40 pm

Got it, thank you all very much.
coyote71
New to the forum

Postby Orbstuffed » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:12 am

Paint.net is my go-to, only because I'm so used to using it that stuff like Aseprite feels alien in comparison. Means I can't take advantage of built-in onion skinning or animation playback, but hey, I have ways of making do.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game