Guilde de Felarya - Vore Management Game (Preview: 03/31/23)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Guilde de Felarya - Vore Management Game (Preview: 03/31/23)

Postby CartoonVore » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:48 pm

**EDIT: Starting in mid-December, college classes will be at a pause for me for quite a while. This means I will have much more time on my hands which means I can go back to learning how to code this game! In the meantime, I have been designing the layout, including a framework for how an exhibition to the Grove of Carnivorous Plants would turn out.

Spoiler alert: Unless you have a specialized team with a botanist worth their mettle, it may not end well! However, a team with good knowledge and instincts plus a veteran botanist could have some success in tracking down the relative of that rich benefactor who knocked on your doors!**

Original Post: It's fun to venture forth and risk life and limb with giant preds that would make a snack out of you whenever they can, but what about playing a background role to some of those adventures?

If you're not familiar with Felarya, it is Karbo's brainchild, a world absolutely full of vore and epic stories. If you want to learn more about it: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you somehow haven't stumbled across Karbo's works, he is unbelievably talented. In my opinion, the #1 vore artist around: https://aryion.com/g4/user/Karbo

Because it was mentioned, I mentioned this idea to Karbo before I made any kind of post here, and he gave me the green light to give it my best shot. :D

Anyways, my idea is for you to run an establishment in Negav, the city you could consider to be the capital city in Felarya for anyone who isn't a giant pred. Despite the numerous extreme dangers in the wild, some still dare to venture and explore the Felaryan wilderness in search of riches, artifacts, or pure thrill. You could consider them to have a deathwish, but it's what they enjoy.

Your establishment operates in multiple ways. Early on, you would hire teams to explore nearby zones like the Great Diamond Mines in search of valuable like diamonds or pyralite (a mineral with magical properties). You make a down payment on their contract with you, and when (if) they return with their loot, you pay them for the rest of what they collected. You can then sell your treasures for profit.

There are many ways to expand your business. Greater profits and an increased reputation unlock the potential to hire teams with greater capabilities and even mercenaries to attach to those teams to give them boosts and cover their weaknesses, like sending a mercenary with high knowledge with a team that has low knowledge but high stats in other areas. You can also purchase equipment or have it created with your loot, like improved weapons or mining kits to help your teams survive more and collect even more loot.

There will eventually be more options than merely sending teams in search of treasure. For example, the city of Negav could hear of your success and contract you to send a team with a group of their miners to harvest eidoron rocks that the city needs. Someone could also approach with an offer to pay you to locate some sign of their loved one who went into the Grove of Carnivorous Plants in search of thrills but hasn't returned, for one example. In that case, bringing back their loved one or proof of their fate to help their loved one find closure would net you a reward, plus any loot they may stumble across over there (that is, loot from other digested adventurers).

I have more ideas to expand upon, but wanted to test the waters here and see what people think of this game concept. I've already created a simple java program that sends a group into the Great Diamond Mines where they could potentially be attacked by harpies or a shadow fish. The group size and attributes can be adjusted, as well as the probability that they encounter dangers. Some exhibitions, high in mining skill and who have lucky RNG, return with minerals worth well over 10,000 SK (Skevols, the currency in Negav), but a small percentage of groups don't ever return, being devoured instead, leaving you at a loss.

I will admit that a shortcoming of this game is the visuals. Even with a full interface, you wouldn't venture into the wilds to see the vore for yourself. The most I can imagine is having a short animation that you can view, depicting how your team lost some adventurers on their trip.

I'm a complete novice in java and coding, however, so don't know where I could even share that program as proof of concept. If someone knows how I could do that, has questions about my idea, or possibly is interested in helping make this game a reality, you are more than welcome to comment on the thread or send me a DM. :D

** EDIT **

I finished a crude setup where you can view a team with random attributes and the cost to hire them, send them forth on a mining exhibition, and see how they did after they return (IF they return :gulp: ). Screenshots are attached.

I would like to add a LOT to this including hiring individual mercenaries to supplement a team, buy equipment to aid your team (boost their attributes), and unlock other areas for you to send teams, but this is at least a beginning.

Preview 1.1.png

Preview 1.2.png

Preview 1.3.png

Preview 1.4.png

The screenshots are purely text-based, but you can see the results of the exhibition. I will summarize them if it helps:

I hired a team of 11 adventurers for 1,538 Skevols up front and 326 Skevols due for each returning member after the trip.

Nine of them were devoured. Three by a harpy, and six by a shadow fish inside the cave.

Of course, because nine of them didn't make it back, they didn't need to get paid, which means low costs for my guild. That, coupled with my luck of the survivors finding diamonds and pyralite which they agreed to return to me, means I had a big payday!

Sadly, I still don't know how to export this program in a way where it can be easily shared. If anyone has experience sharing java code like that, please help, because I can't figure it out. :(
Last edited by CartoonVore on Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Re: Felarya Adventuring Guild - Game Idea (Some Proof of Con

Postby sizehunter » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:05 pm

I do know that there are a few preds who are willing to make deals with the smaller folk... Perhaps some of the crews you send out might have an affinity for such, and can be sent out to get extra rare goods that cannot be gotten the normal way. Possibly even giving up some of their members as payment.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:37 pm

sizehunter wrote:I do know that there are a few preds who are willing to make deals with the smaller folk... Perhaps some of the crews you send out might have an affinity for such, and can be sent out to get extra rare goods that cannot be gotten the normal way. Possibly even giving up some of their members as payment.

I wasn't going to reveal it now, but that is literally part of what I had planned for the end-game stages. Offers to send teams into ambushes in exchange for suitable compensation, with various factors in play. I think it's hilarious you had such a similar thought to mine. :lol:

Are these preds you mentioned named preds, or generic fairies and other preds in Felarya?
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Meruem67 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:13 am

I’ll be honest I think that sounds pretty fun, even if it’s a bit simpler and let’s you kinda sit back from it. Plus keeping in mind how the felarya world works I love the idea that it’d be possible to even maybeeee eventually work with some fo the giants in the world. Granted you’re never going to work with someone like Crisis. But,I think it’d be a reallly cool concept plus a small animation could be great since it doesn’t have to be every single thing. And it frees up time for other factors of the game to be worked on since it wouldn’t be a ton of high super quality long animations. And a time killer game too. I think it’s a great concept! I hope it is something you enjoy making if you go through with it.
Meruem67
New to the forum

Postby CartoonVore » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:49 am

Meruem67 wrote:I’ll be honest I think that sounds pretty fun, even if it’s a bit simpler and let’s you kinda sit back from it. Plus keeping in mind how the felarya world works I love the idea that it’d be possible to even maybeeee eventually work with some fo the giants in the world. Granted you’re never going to work with someone like Crisis. But,I think it’d be a reallly cool concept plus a small animation could be great since it doesn’t have to be every single thing. And it frees up time for other factors of the game to be worked on since it wouldn’t be a ton of high super quality long animations. And a time killer game too. I think it’s a great concept! I hope it is something you enjoy making if you go through with it.

Hiya, thanks for the feedback. My initial idea was for the player to end each day on their own accord, making it sort of turn-based, as opposed to watching your teams on a map inch their way towards their goal (or predator's stomach). I was also planning on having named Felaryan characters appear if you sent an exhibition where they could be found. Iridin can sometimes be found in the ascarlin mountains near Negav, for instance.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Re: Felarya Adventuring Guild - Management Game (New Preview

Postby CartoonVore » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:20 am

So I got a bit further, but my inexperience with this subject is keeping me from sharing it. I'd love to share this so others can see what it's like behind the scenes, hiring adventurers to make you some money, and seeing how many of them make it back or wind up in a hungry pred's stomach. :gulp:

Seriously though, if someone knows a website or something, I'll absolutely share any progress I make.

Also let me know of (simple) ideas I could maybe add that I haven't already mentioned. I don't classify myself as even an intermediate programmer, so I still have a ton to learn if I'm to keep going in Java. ^^;
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Daichi777 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:39 am

You might want to state if you got explicit approval by Karbo to make something related to their world. Or link something that says he allows it. Will save you a lot of headache in future if you do.
DISCLAIMER: Due to impersonation & defamation. My official accounts are only on: Patreon, GiantessCity, Aryion, DeviantArt, & Twitter.
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CartoonVore » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:44 am

Daichi777 wrote:You might want to state if you got explicit approval by Karbo to make something related to their world. Or link something that says he allows it. Will save you a lot of headache in future if you do.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I had been in touch with Karbo and have his blessing. :D
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tilalumtar » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:50 am

Great ideas and interesting implementation so far! :D

I think it's pretty daring to use Java as the base of a game, I would use more refined engines than importable libraries, but that just makes it more interesting to me.

I am a senior programmer and was specialized in Java up until a few years ago, so DM me any questions you might have and I will try to help you out! :wink:
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tilalumtar » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:01 am

CVYouTube wrote:Sadly, I still don't know how to export this in a way where it can be easily shared. If anyone has experience sharing java code like that, please help, because I can't figure it out. :(

Oh right, forgot what I actually wanted to tell ya:
Depends. If you want to share the source code and let people play around with it like that, then just set up a git repository or zip it and use any other filesharing website of your liking.

I think that's not what you are intending to do though, so other options and the best if you want to share your game as an actual executable game are following:
1. Pack your files up and export them as a .jar File. Pretty easy to do. You only need an entry point for the JAR. You can do this like so: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial ... ppman.html
2. Most common and efficient way from my perspective: Export it as an .exe by using the javapackager command. (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/10/tools ... m#JSWOR719)
3. Use niche open source packaging programs such as libgdx's packr on github. There is plenty of open source or copyleft Software available to use fitting your needs and they all come with different specialized forms of export capabilites.

HMU if you need further help or explanation.
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby nyanyan » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:39 am

I do like me a good management simulator, I wish you luck.

Small thing, I believe you're mistakenly using 'exhibition' when it should be 'expedition'.

Exhibition is a show, an event that shows something.
An expedition is a large exploration/travel.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SputnikDX » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:03 am

I had an idea very similar to this but set in the Monster Hunter universe. Setting it in Felarya was a fantastic idea, and I hope this turns out to be a fun game. I'm excited to get my hands on it.
SputnikDX
Participator

Postby TacDel » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:49 pm

I will eagerly wait for this one, although I do wonder if there'll be some degree of character customization, like choosing names, upgrading stats/equipment and maybe even special abilities that activate under certain conditions. Maybe a graveyard tab too where you can see which of your adventurers perished to what specifically

That said, I will probably play this regardless, I do love me a good managing game, especially if it makes me wanna kill myself (Cough... Rimworld... cough)
TacDel
New to the forum

Postby CartoonVore » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:01 pm

TacDel wrote:I will eagerly wait for this one, although I do wonder if there'll be some degree of character customization, like choosing names, upgrading stats/equipment and maybe even special abilities that activate under certain conditions. Maybe a graveyard tab too where you can see which of your adventurers perished to what specifically

That said, I will probably play this regardless, I do love me a good managing game, especially if it makes me wanna kill myself (Cough... Rimworld... cough)

Hiya! There would be customization with splashes of RNG. You could choose to sell your minerals or use them to craft equipment for your teams, or even fiddle with some concepts of morality I’ve yet to include.

Also, I would absolutely add an option to view your career stats for your guild, including how many adventurers perished and in what manner. :gulp:
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:40 pm

CVYouTube wrote:
sizehunter wrote:I do know that there are a few preds who are willing to make deals with the smaller folk... Perhaps some of the crews you send out might have an affinity for such, and can be sent out to get extra rare goods that cannot be gotten the normal way. Possibly even giving up some of their members as payment.

I wasn't going to reveal it now, but that is literally part of what I had planned for the end-game stages. Offers to send teams into ambushes in exchange for suitable compensation, with various factors in play. I think it's hilarious you had such a similar thought to mine. :lol:

Are these preds you mentioned named preds, or generic fairies and other preds in Felarya?

A bit of both, with generic preds giving high value goods, and the major named ones giving the best loot by far, though much more costly depending on their mood.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:23 pm

sizehunter wrote:
CVYouTube wrote:

A bit of both, with generic preds giving high value goods, and the major named ones giving the best loot by far, though much more costly depending on their mood.

But what would your usual naga or harpy have interest in keeping? The idea is they are hazards you can encounter whilst seeking treasure. Maybe in the later game stages, when you send truly powerful teams, they could encounter, fight, and defeat a fairy who flees, but not before dropping her satchel which has some artifacts in it.

Early on, you would search for treasure that you wouldn’t get from a pred. Diamonds in the Great Diamond Mines are the first place you would go. :)
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:59 pm

I’m also taking game name suggestions. I am terribly unimaginative when it comes to names.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby TacDel » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:14 am

CVYouTube wrote:I’m also taking game name suggestions. I am terribly unimaginative when it comes to names.

Might not be the answer you want, but there is a little site called fantasynamegenerators that has countless filters to choose from (Ranging from town, nation, artifacts {and many more}, to elves, catfolk, abyssal creatures, demons, etc)

It does give me a little boost when I'm having a writers' block until I figure something out or straight up just build something out of the suggested names. One of my favourite RPG characters I created for a game actually had a randomly generated name; Lorraine Azuregazer.

God, I miss that campaign
TacDel
New to the forum

Postby neko1992 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:03 pm

seems interesting although it would be fun to be able to hire special mercenaries who are preds themselves and while on an expedition they potentially "accidentally eat" the other members of the team or they manage to protect them buy eating the giant preds instead. they could come back and belch or expel lots of valuables from their bodes based on what their meals had on them or your forced to pay for the entire team making it "back alive" even though they are currently being digested by the one member and nothing of value was found. this puts in even more risk vs reward scenarios. *Volunteers as a special mercenary to gobble up giants and or other members of my team and add them to my breast fat* this could also allow you to keep track of stats of your members like how many they have eaten, how much weight they gained *in my case how big my breasts get* or for normal mercenaries how many times they survived, escaped, and treasures found
neko1992
Been posting for a bit

Postby CartoonVore » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:50 pm

neko1992 wrote:seems interesting although it would be fun to be able to hire special mercenaries who are preds themselves and while on an expedition they potentially "accidentally eat" the other members of the team or they manage to protect them buy eating the giant preds instead. they could come back and belch or expel lots of valuables from their bodes based on what their meals had on them or your forced to pay for the entire team making it "back alive" even though they are currently being digested by the one member and nothing of value was found. this puts in even more risk vs reward scenarios. *Volunteers as a special mercenary to gobble up giants and or other members of my team and add them to my breast fat* this could also allow you to keep track of stats of your members like how many they have eaten, how much weight they gained *in my case how big my breasts get* or for normal mercenaries how many times they survived, escaped, and treasures found

Hm… I don’t think giant preds in Felarya are interested in cash or most minerals, not to mention they can’t even get near Negav due to the Isolon Eye. Even a fairy who shrunk herself couldn’t go near it. However, I have some ideas that are similar to this, but they’re not my focus while I try to find out where I’m going to start making this game for real.

Once I get the groundwork finished, interesting choices in morality will present themselves. :wink:
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game