Buffet: A Vore Card Game (0.22!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game

Postby AddableDragon51 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:07 am

Very fun, creative concept! high score was 225
AddableDragon51
New to the forum

Postby CartoonVore » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:26 pm

This is a creative and interesting concept. However, I wish I knew what all the numbers meant on the cards before I started playing.

Who did the artwork? It's rather impressive!
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby FutureBellyAche » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:45 pm

Good job with this. It's pretty fun and cute! The new cards are pretty good as well. Would be really cool to see something like this expanded beyond a minigame. But that is a whole bag of worms.

Still good and fun though!
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:14 pm

Been playing this a bit intermittently since its release (which admittedly wasn't that long ago) and really liking the improvements to it. The introduction of Elf and changes to Healer finally made Cristina useful beyond just "well I didn't have anything else I could play turn 1" and I'd actually say most of the preds feel like they have their niche atm, though Mobi (cat) took a bit of a hit from comboing poorly with Charlotte and the existence of Nexxi. Juno was also a great addition. Got my new high score (508, previous was a little over 320 in the on release version) from using Juno to spam rerolls and pray for Second Helpings to feed the ever growing Nexxi with. Only pred who really doesn't have a place right now is poor Kayla, the fallen queen of the early patches (though I also think Gianni is a little underwhelming at the moment since she's a fairly high cost unit that lacks any special traits besides good stats, but she at least has a use case). In the early stages Kayla was OP because with only 1 reroll and lack of other good options she was the best way to squeeze extra value out of the limited prey you could consume. Even if her stats had remained unchanged since then she still would probably not be OP anymore just from having increased competition and more strategy options. As is, with all the nerfs she's nearly useless, requiring way too much investment to get value out of. For my 2 cents on her balance, I think she could work with her current stats if her cost was heavily reduced (honestly with her current stats even a cost of 1 seems reasonable, but at the very least down to 2) and make her a unit centered around buffing, a quality over quantity approach to predation.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:39 pm

Fun game. Neat concept and executed well. I like it :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby doinstuff » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:23 pm

This may be heresy on a vore site... but if you made this more cartoony you could post this where kids could see it and make some dough off of it. Animal characters porking out on normal food. Ditch the gut sounds and have more funny burp noises. It'd get some normie traction. Just sayin.

High score: 275
time wasted: too damn much
Acclaimed tentacle rights activist.
If you ever wanted a story where you pick the prey check out my reader input thread: War of the Feasting Braves
doinstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby frostiey » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:38 pm

They possibilities for this are massive. Nexxi needs some kinda buff wither it's more turns in the game or one less cost.
frostiey
New to the forum

Postby PhilSwiftHere » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:19 pm

As a card game lover, this is absolutely great stuff! Easily burned a couple of hours testing different strategies, Juno and Nexxi together are MVP right now.

Here are my high scores using different characters as main pred.
Nexxi: 443
Kayla: 299
Yuno: 278

I imagine the hardest part of making more content would be keeping things balanced. Message me if you want help testing balance, I visit the forum every now and then.
I hope you keep developing this, this game could go really far! :)
PhilSwiftHere
New to the forum

Postby TeamFortress2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:02 am

Pretty simple, yet surprisingly engaging.

While it's luck dependent, it doesn't feel outrageous and encourages you to come up with strategies on the fly.
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Birichino » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:03 pm

It's cute so far. Might want more dynamic seating, like preds who only eat so many meals before leaving, but it should be interesting to follow.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby umakeisee » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Birichino wrote:It's cute so far. Might want more dynamic seating, like preds who only eat so many meals before leaving, but it should be interesting to follow.

There could be a pred that will eat the preds to their left or right if they end their turn without having prey in their stomach.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby somename159 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 pm

Discord link is down can we get a new link?
somename159
New to the forum

Postby Moebius » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:39 pm

somename159 wrote:Discord link is down can we get a new link?

Sure thing! https://discord.gg/WXkCQNUXwE
Moebius
Participator

Postby ninjajoeman » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:10 pm

Would be nice if there was a semi-transparency whenever you drag a card over a pred, so you get quick glimpse of their maw.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dihydrogenperoxide » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:57 pm

will the game feature disposal?
Dihydrogenperoxide
New to the forum

Postby clone4000 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:08 am

The new update is interesting.
The health rebalancing has made the game a lot more challenging through RNG needing to give you the right cards to set your engine up within the 10 turnsand give you the cards to feed it but I can see why it was needed with levelling preds.
Rub seems to be broken as I'm not getting any point back for using it.

Edited to add that I was wrong about the rub card. It adds score points not resource points.
Last edited by clone4000 on Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Moebius » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:03 pm

New Update is live! https://m0b1.itch.io/buffet
Moebius
Participator

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game (v0.3)

Postby Moebius » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:22 pm

Moebius
Participator

Postby Content2020 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:51 pm

Can we get a custom mode? Maybe allow players to import their own prey, and then pre-select prey at the start of each game? Otherwise, all this game is missing is a dialogue feature from the preds.
Content2020
Been posting for a bit

Postby WhatTheNani » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:35 pm

Really liking the new favorite pred feature. Haven't tried it out with anyone outside of Nexxi, but my gut says it might be strongest with Kayla right now. And even outside of just high score hunting, its a fun feature to play around with. Joily is also a fun new addition, and in herself is a nice buff to Kayla who, between higher max energy, pred evolution, and now joily, feels pretty good to use again. That, plus the addition of plum, evolving, and a larger board, for the first time also make juno not feel like a necessity and might finally break the nexxi-juno stranglehold on high scoring. In fact, beat my old high score from before v 0.2 (old score was 508, new is 521) using primarily nexxi-kayla-plum and not even having juno. Game has always been fun, but this is the first time where its felt like there is a strong diversity of viable strategies to play around with and see what scores you can get.

Addition of a new game mode is nice too, and hoping that means we might see more modes in the future.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game