It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.38.0 (public), a0.39.2 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.23.1 (public), a0.24 (Patreo

Postby Dongers » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:50 am

bonberjean wrote:Sri needs to optimize the files, the game is being too large to be downloaded from mega in some regions. I no longer can download it in a single day. (I need to use dropbox)

Maybe they could upload on a different hosting site only? Not sure how much making the images less weighty would shrink the game size, but depending on how long this project will go it might hit the limit again regardless. Simply not using Mega would help.
Dongers
Participator

Postby bonberjean » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:21 pm

That or just limit the resolution of the images, make the game have only SD quality images.
And have a higher resolution pack available in a separate download.
An alternative would be to have a file that only contains the new updated files, you paste those files on your current game and it'll be good to go.

I feel that the second alternative would be better to upload it on mega, and the full game with the most recent version on Dropbox.
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby PonycardM » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:38 pm

I think someone that needs to be added or changed from the current version 0.24 is that the new vore scenarios of being eaten in the sea and or whilst on a walk in the park.
Should be changed to be triggered by your energy levels or hunger, instead of the current luck value. As luck isn't something you can change or avoid. So if you have high or mid level luck you're basicly missing out on content.
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarthTrajan » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:14 pm

I just ran into a rather interesting bug with Sigrid's UB scene. Every time I passed out inside of her, up to a month passed. Despite having the digestion toggle for UB on, I was able to stay inside of her from April to October without losing more than 1/2 to 3/4ths of my health. My character also seemingly became easier to tire every time he passed out. By the time that it was October, a single action would deplete my entire energy bar and make me pass out. It was so bad that, when I finally asked her to let me out, my character promptly passed out several times in a row and nearly starved to death.

I don't know how much of this behavior is intentional, so I thought that I might as well point it out.

Oh, and an amusing side effect of the time passage was that the $1000 that I had put into my managed fund was turned into $1.9 million. :)
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:01 am

DarthTrajan wrote:I don't know how much of this behavior is intentional, so I thought that I might as well point it out.

Sriseru addressed it a while back, and this is 100% intentional. It happens with other UB encounters as well. If you don't get out quickly, you just have to hope the person gets bored and lets you out. On the plus side, you do keep progress on struggling through the time gaps, so if you can get close before you start going under for too long, then you may be able to get out on your own even after a few blackouts.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarthTrajan » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:49 am

Seifens wrote:Sriseru addressed it a while back, and this is 100% intentional. It happens with other UB encounters as well. If you don't get out quickly, you just have to hope the person gets bored and lets you out. On the plus side, you do keep progress on struggling through the time gaps, so if you can get close before you start going under for too long, then you may be able to get out on your own even after a few blackouts.

What about the constant blackouts if you do manage to get out? It seems odd to me that it would be intentional that the player's character would pass out for days in a row even after successfully getting out.
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby WhatThBOOM » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:46 pm

WhatThBOOM
New to the forum

Postby Flurby » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:10 am

DarthTrajan wrote:
Seifens wrote:Sriseru addressed it a while back, and this is 100% intentional. It happens with other UB encounters as well. If you don't get out quickly, you just have to hope the person gets bored and lets you out. On the plus side, you do keep progress on struggling through the time gaps, so if you can get close before you start going under for too long, then you may be able to get out on your own even after a few blackouts.

What about the constant blackouts if you do manage to get out? It seems odd to me that it would be intentional that the player's character would pass out for days in a row even after successfully getting out.

The womb, on digestion/absorbtion, is designed to fuck you up, and keep you asleep for up to 2 months at a time. It makes sense that the effects might linger if you get out, doesnt it? It appears to be intentionally coded that way.
Flurby
Participator

Postby LutherCage » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:29 pm

Took a long while but I finally figured out how to pose Zairiza's models. Some of them have way too many bones to work with but are still good to do stuff like dis.

Now to alter the scale pattern so it isn't the default look and making it look like a unique character. XPc

Screenshot of image
Spoiler: show

Link to models: https://zairiza.gumroad.com/
LutherCage
Been posting for a bit

Postby crazytf2 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:31 pm

LutherCage wrote:Took a long while but I finally figured out how to pose Zairiza's models. Some of them have way too many bones to work with but are still good to do stuff like dis.

Now to alter the scale pattern so it isn't the default look and making it look like a unique character. XPc

Screenshot of image

Would hug
crazytf2
Somewhat familiar

Postby PonycardM » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:01 am

This is looking amazing! lets hope all of the characters currently in the game can have this level of detail.

LutherCage wrote:Took a long while but I finally figured out how to pose Zairiza's models. Some of them have way too many bones to work with but are still good to do stuff like dis.

Screenshot of image

PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby RikuHidanza » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:10 pm

is there anyway to change the setting for how long it takes for preds to digest you or whether or not unbirth is fatal without having to start and entirely new game?
Sex is like pizza. When it's good it's great, when it's bad it's better than nothing.
RikuHidanza
Participator

Postby Seifens » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:17 am

RikuHidanza wrote:is there anyway to change the setting for how long it takes for preds to digest you or whether or not unbirth is fatal without having to start and entirely new game?

Not without cheating. It specifies when you're entering everything that you won't be able to change it later.

Spoiler: show
If however you _are_ up for cheating, in the console you can use this command to re-run the initial difficulty setup dialogs and make new elections:

Code: Select all
renpy.call('game_setup')

I haven't tested this extensively, so use at your own risk. To minimize any risks I recommend only doing it when you're outside of a pred and otherwise idle. I wouldn't trust changing those factors in the middle of a vore sequence.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.20.1 (public), a0.21.1 (Patr

Postby Sriseru » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:38 am

Seifens wrote:
Sriseru wrote:That's fine. :)

All right, here's the script. It wouldn't let me attach it with the .py extension, so you'll have to rename it yourself.

To get it to work you'll need the python runtime, plus the Pillow and Pydub packages, as well as ffmpeg installed somewhere on your path.

The script checks timestamps, so can be used to update output files from the source files without doing any unnecessary work. The initial conversion will take several minutes, but subsequent updates will be much faster.

Place it in the root of the project (outside of the game directory), or you can edit the directories that are specified in the script by hand. I specifically targeted the images and audio directories, since there are a number of pngs in the gui directory which may intentionally be left lossless. If that's not a concern and you just want to convert literally everything, aim both converters at './game'. You'll need to update script references to the files that contain extensions either way.

For the record, I'm placing this work in the public domain, so anyone can feel free to use or modify it for any purpose without my consent.

So I finally tried out your script (yes, it took me this long... sorry about that, lol) and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but after running your script all of the original .png, .wav, and .mp3 files remain alongside the converted files. Is this supposed to happen? Because if so, it does make it kind of a hassle to remove the original files. Would it be possible to add something in the script to make it delete all of the original files automatically after conversion?
Sriseru
Participator

Postby hamsterus » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:05 am

Seifens seems to have written the script with updating in mind. As in on the second execution it will convert any new files you added + the ones you've modified, skipping the others. It's intended to be ran on your production enviroment since it doesn't change any of the original files. Say you run it when you develop 0.24 and it compresses 1000 files. You then develop 0.25 and run it again, it will only compress the images and sounds you've added OR modified since then.

As for the question, there's definitely a way of deleting the original files after conversion, but make sure that's what you want. Maybe at one point you'll want to retouch an old image you made back in 0.20 and you'd only have the .webp file

This is my two cents on it, the call is Seifens's
hamsterus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sriseru » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:16 pm

hamsterus wrote:Seifens seems to have written the script with updating in mind. As in on the second execution it will convert any new files you added + the ones you've modified, skipping the others. It's intended to be ran on your production enviroment since it doesn't change any of the original files. Say you run it when you develop 0.24 and it compresses 1000 files. You then develop 0.25 and run it again, it will only compress the images and sounds you've added OR modified since then.

As for the question, there's definitely a way of deleting the original files after conversion, but make sure that's what you want. Maybe at one point you'll want to retouch an old image you made back in 0.20 and you'd only have the .webp file

This is my two cents on it, the call is Seifens's

I've always kept all of the images and audio in a separate work folder as a backup, so there's no risk of losing them by deleting the originals from the game files.
Sriseru
Participator

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.20.1 (public), a0.21.1 (Patr

Postby Seifens » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:22 pm

Sriseru wrote:So I finally tried out your script (yes, it took me this long... sorry about that, lol) and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but after running your script all of the original .png, .wav, and .mp3 files remain alongside the converted files. Is this supposed to happen? Because if so, it does make it kind of a hassle to remove the original files. Would it be possible to add something in the script to make it delete all of the original files automatically after conversion?

hamsterus wrote:Seifens seems to have written the script with updating in mind. As in on the second execution it will convert any new files you added + the ones you've modified, skipping the others. It's intended to be ran on your production enviroment since it doesn't change any of the original files. Say you run it when you develop 0.24 and it compresses 1000 files. You then develop 0.25 and run it again, it will only compress the images and sounds you've added OR modified since then.

Hamsterus is correct here. This is intentional for the sake of preserving your lossless source data so it can be iterated on without worrying about the quality degrading as you decompress and recompress files repeatedly for spot changes. The idea is that you run the command periodically as you're editing, and write your archive definitions to exclude the uncompressed assets so only the webp/ogg files get packed into the rpas that you distribute.

Given that you're keeping the originals elsewhere, the script could safely be modified to delete the source data. I don't think I'd want to make this default behaior, as you'd lose the selective update functionality and would have to copy your source data over more frequently and carefully to avoid large recompressions. One potential additional advantage to keeping the source images around is that theoretically if you remove one of the source images the script could automatically detect that and clean up the compressed image as well. It doesn't currently work like that but that would be a simple enough modification.

If your externally stored source data is using the same directory structure and file names you're using for the game, then it would be possible to change the script to read from one directory tree and write to another, though you'd have to configure it for your particular arrangement.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MickaFox » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:45 pm

I know you've said in the past you're not interested in player as pred, but have you ever considered the idea of having the preds hunting each other? Or like having your player lure a pred somewhere to get devoured by another?
MickaFox
New to the forum

Postby TheMeatx » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:20 pm

Screenshot of image

Karoline got a little big since I was last on this board. How many of y'all did she eat while I was gone lol.
TheMeatx
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheMeatx » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:33 pm

Nah, but in all seriousness I don't think I'll be updating Karoline anytime soon unfortunately.
I got a full time job as a er radiologist in the hospital in my city and I just don't have any free time anymore.

Best of luck to you sir and good luck o7.
TheMeatx
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game