Ouroboros 0.1.1 (Demo chapter AKA the Pre-Prologue)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who would you prefer to play as (or not play as) in subsequent chapters?

Yes Slime
8%
No Slime
3%
Yes Spider
7%
No Spider
3%
Yes Werewolf
9%
No Werewolf
1%
Yes Manticore
7%
No Manticore
3%
Yes Mermaid
9%
No Mermaid
2%
Yes Minotaur
8%
No Minotaur
2%
Yes Deer/Dryad
8%
No Deer/Dryad
2%
Yes Chameleon
5%
No Chameleon
4%
Yes Harpy
8%
No Harpy
3%
I have no preference, I like them all!
6%
I hate them all and you. If I ever see you in real life, HiddenBird, I will beat you up.
1%

Total votes : 1359

Ouroboros 0.1.1 (Demo chapter AKA the Pre-Prologue)

Postby HiddenBird » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:51 am

Now with togglable disposal!
Also I fixed a spelling error where the start of a single sentence wasn't capitalized

I'm sure I'll add a super coolTM lore writeup eventually, but for now basically there are humans and also hybrids (demi/monster peeps). The latter do vore. The world is subject to ouroboros, the idea of cycles of life and death, vore and vored. Basically it'll take a tad more serious approach than some of the contemporary hard hitters, though not without some levity. Eventually, I will spoil, it'll probably do a lot of tackling of dealing with death and the cycle people's lives go through. Fun times!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is a half demo / half beta of a game I've been wanting to make for a bit. Super short, (Appx. 20 minutes long) no combat yet, just there for vibes. It doesn't reflect even necessarily what this first ~15 minutes of the game will look like, but I wanted to at least get it out there for purposes of polling what characters people are looking forward to. (I for instance definitely need to brush up some sprite work, Get a proper title screen, figure out tilesets & music, and fix some stuff I'm not 100% happy with.)

Ouroboros takes pretty heavy inspiration from the more story-focused Nyan Adventures and Serpent's Paradox. It's less a collection of vore scenes, and more along the lines of an extended story that happens to be reasonably vorny throughout its run. The game past this pre-prologue will have the more classical "vore scenes around town / post battle", but the first scene is baked right into the plot.

The sorta selling point of this one is that there are a buttload of possible playable characters (9), and each of them (hopefully) fills a different niche for players. Admittedly I have little talent and sporadic motivation, but I have been bizarrely driven to work on this so hopefully I can keep that up in the future.

Now, before the screenshots and game info and download links and all that, if you've played the game, I'd really like to get a bead on which characters
you guys would prefer to play as in the future. Some will be more pred focused, prey focused, participate in different types of vore, etc. Every pc
will be a pred, but not necessarily prey. Below is a brief (spoilery) description of what the character will do, and a very surface level showing of
what they're about.

Characters:
Spoiler: show

Generally, all characters will be prey for and make prey of all genders. All will digest prey at least some of the time. This game is for sure player as pred centric. I'll try and supplant this with observer scenes / scenes from prey perspective for characters that are mostly/all preds (mostly pred on the list ranges from mostly to all pred, I'm just being vague for the purposes of flexibility).

Characters may be marked as "mostly X kind of vore" but that doesn't mean exclusively. Every pred will have some variety in their methods. Unconventional stuff like absorption, tail vore, and breast vore will be specially marked though.

!s are next to characters that have some more difficult attached mechanic, that might force me to take more time on them / develop them in parallel with an easier pred.
  • The Slime: NB, Mostly Pred, Mostly Absorption of the slimy variety. Lacks conventional disposal scenes, though might do bone disposal? Stoic, matter of fact pred, casual. He can slip through small cracks that others can't on account of being slimy and such
  • The Spider: M, Almost Always Pred/Observer. Mostly OV and CV. Some Endo. Tacitly more likely to have non-human prey, will still have plenty of them tho. Most pacifistic of the group along with Deer. Has some human/hybrid friends. Can climb on and around walls.
  • !The Werewolf: F, Mostly Pred at night, Mostly prey during day. Mostly OV. Loses control during the night, often guilty during the day. Main gimmick is shifting from Werewolf to Human depending on time of day.
  • The Manticore: F(uta), Mostly Pred. Mostly CV, UB, and Tail Vore. Dominating pred, given sacrifices by the local peoples. Gimmick is pretty purely that she's very strong in combat.
  • !The Mermaid: F, Pred & Prey. Mostly OV and UB, probably close to entirely. Angry, cruel pred. Does sireny stuff to lure unsuspecting victims. Sorta hypnosis-y, if you're into that. (Admittedly not my wheelhouse writing wise) Can turn back from lady w/ scaly legs into a full on mermaid if she's in a body of water.
  • The Minotaur: F, More Pred. UB, AV, OV, and Breast vore. Cow milf, cause it just seemed like the right thing to do. Motherly, defensive pred. "Yeah the milf pred, we've all seen it."
  • The Deer(taur) & Dryad: Both M. Deertaur is main pred, Dryad being more a feeder, but also partaking occasionally. OV, AV, CV, Plant Vore (Vaguely). Deer's a shy pred, apologetic, etc. Dryad is encouraging, more into it.
  • !The Chameleon: M, More pred. Long tongue, mostly OV and AV. Matter of fact, "Other people are just food, mostly" grindset. Can transform into digested victims.
  • The Harpy: M, Pred & Prey. Mostly OV and AV. Kinda stupid, overconfident pred. Often this leads to him getting gurgled. Bird poop on scat scenes. Can use his wings to jump short cliffs or over gaps.

If you wanna get a bit more lore, there's a book near the end of the demo with a short summary of the villain's knowledge regarding each of the nine.

This game contains:
  • M/M
  • NB/F
  • Digestion (reasonably graphic depiction)
  • Unwilling
  • Same Size
  • Scat Disposal (can be turned off)

Things it will/won't contain eventually:
By the end, it'll be just about every type of vore.
UB, AV, OV, AB, CV, BV, SV, etc.
same with pred/prey genders, pretty much all of the above (including an NB playable character in the slime Reed.)
That being said, there are a couple off limits things for me:
  • Under 18 Characters / characters presenting as under 18. (All characters participating in vore in Ouroboros are over the age of 18+, the youngest PC being Lyre at 20)
  • Obese preds and hyper stuff. (there will be reasonably gratuitous disposal from time to time, just no like filling a swimming pool, y'know?) No issues if you like this kind of stuff, just not for me.
Other than that, if there's something you've yearned to see in a vore game, let me know and if it provides me with the requisite horny for motivation, It'll for sure make it in.

Screenshots:
Screenshot1.PNG

Screenshot 2.PNG

Screenshot 3.PNG

Download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q7hcrpe5 ... s.zip/file

Credits:
As of right now it's all me and default RPGMaker MV. All the vore noises are custom, as are the lightly edited sprites.
(unrelated note, if anyone's interested in like a sound pack for vore game use I'm always adding to the sound collection I got going on and the files are uncrypted. If you want me to format it better and release it as its own thing tho I'm 100% down)

Dev Room:

Interact with the log at the top of the camp to get transported to the dev room. It'll give you access to a few unfinished sprites, the tholos digestion sprites, a now empty digestion scene catalogue, and access to all of the vore specific sound effects I've got for this game so far. (not all of them are mixed yet sorry) Likewise if you wanna lift any of those noises for your own projects be my guest, no credit required. Files should be unencrypted.
Last edited by HiddenBird on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HiddenBird
New to the forum

Re: Ouroboros 0.1 (Demo chapter AKA the Pre-Prologue)

Postby DroolingPred » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:23 am

Is there or will there be an option to disable/skip disposal?
Is this a transforming protag type of setup or genuinely multiple characters? Seems like A LOT to shoot for.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby PsychicClown » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:19 pm

dunno why but google blocks the download
PsychicClown
Been posting for a bit

Postby HiddenBird » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:29 pm

DroolingPred wrote:Is there or will there be an option to disable/skip disposal?
Is this a transforming protag type of setup or genuinely multiple characters? Seems like A LOT to shoot for.

There will be that ability, pretty much gonna be the first thing i add. It just happened that for this first scene it actually needs a more involved parallel scene, just cause the scat scene currently there prompts character interaction. (haha just did this and it took all of 45 minutes. Probably could have put that in the initial deployment whoops)

As for the protag thing it is genuinely 9 characters. Its definitely a ton to shoot for, but ill say this: Im totally aware its like maybe a bit too much, and i might reign it in a bit from the intial concept of 2~ish chapters per pred, but i really dont mind an ambitious goal cause i have no real need to complete this on any sort of timeline. Im gonna take it one chapter and one character at a time, and hopefully that will keep the scope pretty low in like a moment-to-moment sense. (Im also just a real sucker for multi-protagonist narratives)

PsychicClown wrote:dunno why but google blocks the download

I think this is just google getting spooked by a zip file with an unknown author? If its a persistent problem id love to figure that out more thoroughly, but i think it might just be your browser being overprotective.
HiddenBird
New to the forum

Re: Ouroboros 0.1.1 (Demo chapter AKA the Pre-Prologue)

Postby Goldendevil21 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:52 pm

Hello hidden bird and thanks for the free demo to the game. This is the best way to get attention from me as supporting the game with money is a little difficult for me. Still, wanted to give you a sort of review about the game and tell you what I thought.

First, love the theme of this world. Everything born one day is destined to die. The cycle of life. Was nice to hear that intro explain why the MC was so casual about digesting the human. They fully believe in the cycle of life and was great to see that play out.

Also like from a story perspective how the hunter at the beginning was able to shoot down a harpy. Even though monsters are definately more powerful than humans, that does not mean they are invincible. They can be injured just like any other creature. Also love the part where he is able to use his wings to glide over ravines and up cliffs. A really cool feature to add to a RPG game.

Also did enjoy how when you interact with the map, you actually see a world map. Like the little detail. Add more of these little details throughout the game. Maybe discover a potion or herbs in the bushes.

Though did not find the characters all that memorable. The slime, yes, is given a reason for why he acts so smart. Once being a human. Just did not find anything that interesting about him or the harpy.

On to suggestions, would like some more females in this story. If you do take inspiration from Nyan Adventures, what made that game so good was its almost mean protagonist. Willing to do the right thing to stop the monster but not without taking a bite out of prey. She loved a human that turned out the one she was destined to beat, adding some great character in. And just loved the art of her eating so many people. Want more females in the story rubbing their guts and hearing how their figures grew from their meals. Yes, cliché, but works.

Though this might sound strange but recommend you limit how many characters you play as. You don't need to make a character playable in order to enjoy said character in the story. Plenty of sexy vore stories have NPC's that eat other NPC's or the main character and are quite sexy to read.

And also the obvious, just expand the game. Have more characters and enemies to meet and eat.
Goldendevil21
Been posting for a bit

Postby VigorousJazzHands » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:22 am

This is very promising! A great little proof of concept demo, and it's definitely an interesting concept I can get behind. The idea of having this many playable characters each with their own distinct personalities and abilities is fantastic, if quite ambitious. The interactions/relationships between these characters could also be a ton of fun to explore, possibly even allowing them to eat each other in certain scenes (though for story reasons I imagine that would probably end in a game over).

As someone who prefers player-as-prey, having a bit more support for that among more of the characters would be great, though I do like the idea of not every character occupying the same spot at the top of the food chain.

My only other piece of advice would be that if you are wanting these characters to have strong and distinct personalities, don't hesitate to lean into them and their archetypes a little more. In the demo you already get a sense for the ways in which The Harpy and The Slime are different, with The Harpy being more brash & impulsive, and The Slime being much more reserved, cold and intelligent. I just feel these character traits could be accentuated a little more, to help demonstrate more of a contrast and help make the characters more memorable.

Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes and how you choose to develop it. You've got a great core idea that you can take in a lot of different directions and do a lot with.
VigorousJazzHands
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chessa » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:51 am

I enjoyed it, even though I usually don't enjoy pred (The demo anyhoo!) games, it was still a fun story and you did pretty good cutscenes for not having many assets at your disposal etc. I'm excited to see where you take it etc and yuuup for sure you are biting off a lot to make that many separately contained stories, I'd be worried on you becoming burned out and losing motivation, try to go at a sane pace ^^;
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby TETRO » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:53 pm

I briefly played though the beginning of it and it's a great start. You're clearly putting some thought and effort into the writing.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby NonamE1 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:12 am

Is there any progress so far? It was a very promising game(
NonamE1
New to the forum

Postby HiddenBird » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:25 pm

There absolutely is, its just been slow and, in a lot of ways circular. For instance since this dropped Tholos has had like 3 resprites, and I’ve been working out combat stuff for characters not even in the next chapter (which hasn’t itself been started yet, I’m most of the way through an extended prologue w/ Tholos rn). Ive felt comfortable working on it here and there while there’s no actual hype and little interest behind it. I still have a pretty annoying amount to get done before it’s ready to show, and even then there’ll be some placeholder stuff (specifically enemy battle sprites.). Not enough to release as an update, especially after all this time. I haven't been posting any updates cause there hasn’t been anything new to download, and honestly i don’t really need a ton of interest rn. Its given me time to figure out how to write vore in the first place, and get a very vague grasp on things like pixel art. Ive also been trying to be somewhat careful in these early sections, cause bad coding at the root of a game is very hard to change. It’s definitely not perfect, but i wanna make sure there aren’t any major mistakes or big efficiency projects ill have to undertake later on.

TL;DR: game’s not dead, but progress is slow af and I’ve been trying to keep things lowkey while i can.
HiddenBird
New to the forum

Return to Vore game