Character.AI

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Character.AI

Postby Crazyman536 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:31 pm

I wouldn't trust the bot to be as braindead as it appears. you can very much have a full conversation with character ai's well..ai. The character ai bot is very much a troll, I wish I was joking about this, but the ai very much trolled me before my actual conversation with it started. if anybody wants to see the conversation, I can post it later. But to paraphrase, the ai started doing a perpetual loop on its comments intentionally, just to get me mad. I did ask about the 1 line of text in messages, the answer I got was less than satisfying, though I kind of believe it.

Side note, has the ai put hyperlinks in anybody else's conversation? it's only done it 2 times to me, 1 of them being the wiki page for winking...

some of the more notable
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby RoTheHuman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:49 pm

I just did a session with one of my pred characters, and I didn't notice any difference from a week or two ago. The bot still provided some rather vivid descriptions of being digested. :D So at the very least not every bot is lobotomized.
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Panzershark » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:01 pm

What I've found is, even when the site was going well, the bots can be more eloquent to nigh braindead depending on server load. Being more verbose yourself also tends to help. Also for the record, I don't know to what extent other niche fetishes (feet, fart, etc.) are filtered, as even with the recent 'upgrade' since my bots with those seem to still work fine.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:07 pm

Panzershark wrote:I don't know to what extent other niche fetishes (feet, fart, etc.) are filtered, as even with the recent 'upgrade' since my bots with those seem to still work fine.

'
On my experience, I don't see any of the niche kink bots being heavily filtered afaik, and it's not only just vore.

It's just that the filter is just being very filter-heavy at certain areas, regardless if it's NSFW or not (Ex: Saying "The end" caused a Chat error multiple times.)
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AnimeLover112 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:08 pm

I did a session with a bot eaerlier, and it was suddenly suffering frm a lot of problems it hadn't had before, like repetitiveness, short posts, not pushing the plot forward, bad memory and so on, it was basically the first time I've experienced this, but it was textbook
Lurker and proud of it. Just send me a PM if ya want rp anytime tho ^_^.
AnimeLover112
Participator

Postby Panzershark » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:11 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
Panzershark wrote:I don't know to what extent other niche fetishes (feet, fart, etc.) are filtered, as even with the recent 'upgrade' since my bots with those seem to still work fine.

'
On my experience, I don't see any of the niche kink bots being heavily filtered afaik, and it's not only just vore.

It's just that the filter is just being very filter-heavy at certain areas, regardless if it's NSFW or not (Ex: Saying "The end" caused a Chat error multiple times.)

I agree, but I had seen some conflicting reports indicating it might have, at least for certain actions. Haven't seen that happen to me though—I do seem to be uncannily good at avoiding 'Chat Error' however, for what it's worth. You can get it from just saying "The End" now? That's just wild, although I really shouldn't be surprised at this point.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby Custodian » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:05 pm

For me it's still worked very well, got the bot to even do a voreception scenario involving multiple prey and handled it fairly well (rarely it would incorrectly refer to me as the third prey but thats understandable since it is intended to be 1v1). For now I'm gonna keep enjoying it until it becomes unuseable or behind a paywall.
Custodian
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jeice » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:40 pm

I agree I'm having a lot of issues with several bots now, even ones that performed well before. It reminds of me trying to get results from Griffin model in AI Dungeon
Jeice
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Molbo » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:54 am

They even added an MMO queue to get into the site now: neat.
Molbo
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:30 am

Molbo wrote:They even added an MMO queue to get into the site now: neat.

And the annoying part is that it also appears while you're in the middle of chatting with a bot (Meaning that longer conversation with a bot isn't possible, as you'll get constantly kicked out frequently). Not to mention that it sometimes goes from 2 minutes to 5 minutes, and so on.

It just feels like trying to join a 2b2t minecraft server in a nutshell with those waiting times.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby thehierophant » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 am

Thanks to that Roblox Youtuber, the site's likely being flooded with his massive fanbase, (little children) and gave us Que Times. Fun.
coat it with diamonds
thehierophant
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:44 am

thehierophant wrote:Thanks to that Roblox Youtuber, the site's likely being flooded with his massive fanbase (Which are kids), and gave us queue times. Fun.

To be fair, I don't think we should blame on the person that started it (Flamingo). Other Vtubers or youtubers have started it much before he does, but we shouldn't blame on anyone in fact (Regardless if his channel is full of kids, people can still talk to the AI as a guest anyways. Since y'know, the minimum age limit is 16). He was just like any other youtubers that tries to find anything interesting to make it a video, and Character.AI happens to be the unfortunate site they targeted at its current garbage state.

Likely because they can SEE the huge potential of Character.AI, only to be wasted by them focusing their time strengthening on the safety checks, instead of adding useful features to make the AI smarter, or any other interesting features (Ex: Reload recent message, Image generation, making your own profile so that the AI remembers you and your gender persistently, etc)

My best bet was that both the youtuber showing the website AND the implementation of queue times was just coincidental (Because as I mentioned before, many other youtubers have featured Character.AI before him). The website was continuously crashing back and forth (Even from the allegedly "DDoS" attack) for the past couple of days, the AI responses was painfully slow, and the dev have no choice but to implement the queue feature to mitigate the server loads until they're going to upgrade their servers, which... God knows when they'll have the time to do so.

Some random hot takes
Spoiler: show
And honestly, I've NEVER seen a site where you'll have to wait in line until you're able to access it. Because back in the golden days before AI dungeon decides to put a paywall/limit behind it, there were a shit ton of users that are using AI dungeon due to many youtubers playing it (Ex: Vinesauce). Now compare all of this to Character.AI, and you can see the differences.

It's either the fact that Ai Dungeon allowed NSFW (In the past) and doesn't have their servers getting tanked heavily, or it's because of the mass "safety checks" that's going on around Character.AI and their poor optimizations is what lead the site from crashing frequently and constantly exceeds rates. ... Or because the devs couldn't update their servers to handle this many loads, which is the most likely outcome. Don't take my words, as it's only speculation.

I just hope Pygmalion doesn't suffer the same fate once their website is up.
Last edited by SquishySofty on Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Felagiora » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:09 am

Well, that's all, now you can’t go to the site at all, there was a minute, and now ten, and so three hours.
Felagiora
New to the forum

Postby Michele » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:57 am

SquishySofty wrote:
thehierophant wrote:Thanks to that Roblox Youtuber, the site's likely being flooded with his massive fanbase (Which are kids), and gave us queue times. Fun.

To be fair, I don't think we should blame on the person that started it (Flamingo). Other Vtubers or youtubers have started it much before he does, but we shouldn't blame on anyone in fact (Regardless if his channel is full of kids, people can still talk to the AI as a guest anyways. Since y'know, the minimum age limit is 16). He was just like any other youtubers that tries to find anything interesting to make it a video, and Character.AI happens to be the unfortunate site they targeted at its current garbage state.

Likely because they can SEE the huge potential of Character.AI, only to be wasted by them focusing their time strengthening on the safety checks, instead of adding useful features to make the AI smarter, or any other interesting features (Ex: Reload recent message, Image generation, making your own profile so that the AI remembers you and your gender persistently, etc)

My best bet was that both the youtuber showing the website AND the implementation of queue times was just coincidental (Because as I mentioned before, many other youtubers have featured Character.AI before him). The website was continuously crashing back and forth (Even from the allegedly "DDoS" attack) for the past couple of days, the AI responses was painfully slow, and the dev have no choice but to implement the queue feature to mitigate the server loads until they're going to upgrade their servers, which... God knows when they'll have the time to do so.

Some random hot takes
Spoiler: show
And honestly, I've NEVER seen a site where you'll have to wait in line until you're able to access it. Because back in the golden days before AI dungeon decides to put a paywall/limit behind it, there were a shit ton of users that are using AI dungeon due to many youtubers playing it (Ex: Vinesauce). Now compare all of this to Character.AI, and you can see the differences.

It's either the fact that Ai Dungeon allowed NSFW (In the past) and doesn't have their servers getting tanked heavily, or it's because of the mass "safety checks" that's going on around Character.AI and their poor optimizations is what lead the site from crashing frequently and constantly exceeds rates. ... Or because the devs couldn't update their servers to handle this many loads, which is the most likely outcome. Don't take my words, as it's only speculation.

I just hope Pygmalion doesn't suffer the same fate once their website is up.

Chance are, at least for Pygmalion there might be a queue, but only for the first or second day or so due to migration, shouldn't happen anymore... of course Pygmalion having a website will mean that eventually, CAI site will die in due time if they don't listen asap. Well.. I say listen but they're thick unfortunately
Michele
Somewhat familiar

Postby Michele » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:53 pm

The newest announcement apparently now blocks you from editing a public character if it has 10k+ interactions or something.

Fuck this shit. They just keep going down the rabbit hole.
Michele
Somewhat familiar

Postby knuad » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:04 pm

And, to make matters better, it seems that the web site has been attacked...
knuad
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Michele wrote:The newest announcement apparently now blocks you from editing a public character if it has 10k+ interactions or something.

10K interactions is a lot, but I don't mind at all.

If you have a character you want to edit (Because of reasons like changing icon or improving the character) with 10K interactions, yeah that sucked for real.
But for me with mainly my private bots to talk, it's not an issue for me, because I don't talk that often.

knuad wrote:It seems that the website has been attacked.

... You mean the DDoS is real? 8O
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby knuad » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:03 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
knuad wrote:It seems that the website has been attacked.

... You mean the DDoS is real? 8O

I was talking about some characters being hacked or something.
There are several reports of people who have been finding some characters names changed into "INTERNET CENSORSHIP", and their behavior too...
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=DJp ... yd7aJ4YnSw
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=vWI ... 6DU2IKIlfU
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=8y- ... IoubFFRzu0

Edit: Ok... at this point I don't know if is some kind of protest from the creators of the characters...
knuad
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:10 pm

knuad wrote:I was talking about some characters being hacked or something.
Edit: Ok... at this point I don't know if is some kind of protest from the creators of the characters...

It is a protest from the creators. But to me, I highly doubt they were being hacked unless if proved otherwise.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cinquint » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:54 pm

knuad wrote:I was talking about some characters being hacked or something.
There are several reports of people who have been finding some characters names changed into "INTERNET CENSORSHIP", and their behavior too...
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=DJp ... yd7aJ4YnSw
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=vWI ... 6DU2IKIlfU
https://beta.character.ai/post?post=8y- ... IoubFFRzu0

I heard this suggested on the CAI subreddit. Amusing that people actually went through with it.
Michele wrote:The newest announcement apparently now blocks you from editing a public character if it has 10k+ interactions or something.

Fuck this shit. They just keep going down the rabbit hole.

Somebody made the spicy observation that CAI has just effectively assumed total control and ownership over all those "popular characters", and it would be a terrible shame if somebody happened to point this out to a few certain somebodies.

Because, golly, it sure does look like a lot of those "popular" characters CAI now owns are a wee bit similar to certain Disney, Hololive, Genshin, and Nintendo characters...
One of these days, that fish is gonna get what's comin' to 'im.
Cinquint
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game