Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version o

Postby GeisKhan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:30 am

GooInABox wrote:
Iwillremember wrote:I think I found two bugs.

The first would be how there is a timer when cleaning up broken bottles in the bar. If you speed the game up by holding the enter key or holding down lmb, the timer also speeds up. Would this be a problem if you were to make quick-time events in the future?

The second would be the harpy in the woods. If you continue to interact with the blue empty chest and complete the event, the harpy dialogue will repeat and give you more soul points.

The first one took me by surprise, I had no idea that holding down the interaction key would speed up 'cutscene' events, so-to-speak. I'll leave this one in for the time being, but I may have to figure out how to temporarily disable it in the future if an event requires precise audio and visual syncing, because as far as I can tell while the visuals speed up the audio does not. Potential quick-time events might also be negatively affected by this speedup feature.

For the harpy chest I can't seem to reproduce that bug, so either I've already fixed that bug and it hasn't made its way into the public version yet, or I'm missing something in the order of events. I'll keep an eye on it just in case.

Yeah I discovered this in Mysta's Open Vore. Holding down Enter will speed up animations where you don't have control of your character, it's not just for skipping dialog.
GeisKhan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tunknownusert » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:57 am

GeisKhan wrote:
GooInABox wrote:
Iwillremember wrote:I think I found two bugs.

The first would be how there is a timer when cleaning up broken bottles in the bar. If you speed the game up by holding the enter key or holding down lmb, the timer also speeds up. Would this be a problem if you were to make quick-time events in the future?

The second would be the harpy in the woods. If you continue to interact with the blue empty chest and complete the event, the harpy dialogue will repeat and give you more soul points.

The first one took me by surprise, I had no idea that holding down the interaction key would speed up 'cutscene' events, so-to-speak. I'll leave this one in for the time being, but I may have to figure out how to temporarily disable it in the future if an event requires precise audio and visual syncing, because as far as I can tell while the visuals speed up the audio does not. Potential quick-time events might also be negatively affected by this speedup feature.

For the harpy chest I can't seem to reproduce that bug, so either I've already fixed that bug and it hasn't made its way into the public version yet, or I'm missing something in the order of events. I'll keep an eye on it just in case.

Yeah I discovered this in Mysta's Open Vore. Holding down Enter will speed up animations where you don't have control of your character, it's not just for skipping dialog.

I personally find that feature to be quite a good thing. It lets players skip through some of the boring waiting for bits to happen such as low character walking off screen etc.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby Iwillremember » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:13 am

I personally find that feature to be quite a good thing. It lets players skip through some of the boring waiting for bits to happen such as low character walking off screen etc.

While it is convenient for now, it would be inconvenient for something like "reach the door at the end of the hallway in 10 seconds", where sprinting would more than likely be needed, but it ends up speeding the timer up as well, giving you 5 seconds instead. Just an example though.
Iwillremember
New to the forum

Postby BlueInfinityZ » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm

I don't think these were mentioned, so:

-It you escape Kaya's womb, then enter the building thru the back, it will replay the escape animation, with you missing your sprite, choosing "dealing with Kaya" will soft-lock the game, choosing to leave lets you play with permanent invisibility.
-If the Maid eats Kaya and you leave, trying to re-enter will act as if you did the modelling and Kaya wasn't eaten.

-If you talk to the Old Priestess while Lilith is sitting on the bench, she'll act as if Lilith was eaten, and be stuck like that even after Lilith is back in the party.
BlueInfinityZ
New to the forum

Postby Xentinova » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:49 pm

IS this game still being worked on?
Xentinova
Somewhat familiar

Postby vore2412 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm

GooInABox wrote:
EvilLime wrote:Played through the game (twice) in v8 and before i download beta v9 theres still one NPC i haven't eating in my "eat everything" run. In the "Deep in thought" place it's the one to the right of the blacksmith and left of the newly-wed elf, right under Astrid. Really really excited for chapter 2 btw, can't wait to discover all the pred scenes :-D

So your missing NPC is Redrina, the other half of the newly-wed elf couple. I'm guessing you had her wife Marya eat her, and then you ate the brown-haired elf. Unfortunately for the Amalgamation to assimilate a soul, they have to be the one to do the digesting; there was nothing left of Redrina's soul to collect after her wife completely absorbed her. If you want both souls, you're going to have to eat both members of the happy couple at the same time.

Oh, and here's a general update for all of you. I'm still working on Smut Lesbian Vore Game which is the new title for the Smutty Lesbian Visual Novel project here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61003&start=100#p2928717. Progress is being made on that front, and once I clear my backlog of community projects I can then return my focus on Amalgamation. Hang in there, everyone.

Last post by the person that made this game was in December. Please quit asking for updates, they'll update you when they're ready to do so. This is to the necropost asking for updates against forum rules.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoidInVoid » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:43 am

Xentinova wrote:IS this game still being worked on?

Yes. Goo just has a number of other projects they're working on too right now.
VoidInVoid
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:36 pm

I apologize for leaving this thread in the dark. I'll explain what's been going on for the past few months.

-I've been working on a side collaboration project for a Renpy game called Smut Lesbian Vore Game (SLVG, previously Smutty Lesbian Vore Story), and I've been posting semi-monthly updates in that thread: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61003 The game is still many months out from being complete, but I am working on it when I can. I have another smaller writing projected on my to-do list as well, but otherwise once I'm done with SLVG I will be returning to Amalgamation.

-I got a full-time job, which while it has financially secured me (and hence I'll never block any of my work behind a paywall), it means that I have significantly less free time during the day. And I'm working from home while living with my family, which basically means 9-5 I'm working for the company and 5-9 I'm helping my family. My game development time is basically limited to when the rest of the household goes to sleep and isn't likely to be knocking on my door, or during the day if I manage to get my work tasks completed early.

-When I do return to Amalgamation, I intend to do some remodeling of some of the art and game structure. I started the game nearly 3.5 years ago and the age of my early work is obvious. Inconsistent lighting, visible green-screen chroma key cropping, those obviously fake round prop bellies, stiff posing of the actors, and more. 3.5 years is a long time for not having finished a single chapter (I still blame the Covid pandemic for putting me in a spot where my development pace was decimated overnight due to my University campus sending everyone home, but I digress), but I haven't been completely idle during that time. I've gotten new assets (including better vore bellies, check my recent gallery items for examples), I've upgraded the Unity graphics engine that I use in Honey Select to be more versatile, I learned how to actually animate (which includes animated digestion for belly shrinking and weight gain), and I would say in general my eye for detail has improved a little bit. The underlining RPG Maker part of the game is also in need of improvements; everything from game balance and design for the soul point system and combat to potentially redesigning some of the maps and making better use of some of the plugins I've acquired. Essentially, I'm talking about a minor overhaul to the game to bring it up to better standards, and while I know that this will take more time to complete I believe that the end result will be worth it, especially with the animation bits (again, see my gallery for examples).

I thank you all for your patience. I'm a little more active in the Discord server here https://discord.gg/5PpNuX5 so if you want more frequent updates or have multiple questions you can ask them there.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby LordKentus » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:47 pm

Well that was unexpected
LordKentus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Xentinova » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:53 pm

GooInABox wrote:I apologize for leaving this thread in the dark. I'll explain what's been going on for the past few months.

-I've been working on a side collaboration project for a Renpy game called Smut Lesbian Vore Game (SLVG, previously Smutty Lesbian Vore Story), and I've been posting semi-monthly updates in that thread: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61003 The game is still many months out from being complete, but I am working on it when I can. I have another smaller writing projected on my to-do list as well, but otherwise once I'm done with SLVG I will be returning to Amalgamation.

-I got a full-time job, which while it has financially secured me (and hence I'll never block any of my work behind a paywall), it means that I have significantly less free time during the day. And I'm working from home while living with my family, which basically means 9-5 I'm working for the company and 5-9 I'm helping my family. My game development time is basically limited to when the rest of the household goes to sleep and isn't likely to be knocking on my door, or during the day if I manage to get my work tasks completed early.

-When I do return to Amalgamation, I intend to do some remodeling of some of the art and game structure. I started the game nearly 3.5 years ago and the age of my early work is obvious. Inconsistent lighting, visible green-screen chroma key cropping, those obviously fake round prop bellies, stiff posing of the actors, and more. 3.5 years is a long time for not having finished a single chapter (I still blame the Covid pandemic for putting me in a spot where my development pace was decimated overnight due to my University campus sending everyone home, but I digress), but I haven't been completely idle during that time. I've gotten new assets (including better vore bellies, check my recent gallery items for examples), I've upgraded the Unity graphics engine that I use in Honey Select to be more versatile, I learned how to actually animate (which includes animated digestion for belly shrinking and weight gain), and I would say in general my eye for detail has improved a little bit. The underlining RPG Maker part of the game is also in need of improvements; everything from game balance and design for the soul point system and combat to potentially redesigning some of the maps and making better use of some of the plugins I've acquired. Essentially, I'm talking about a minor overhaul to the game to bring it up to better standards, and while I know that this will take more time to complete I believe that the end result will be worth it, especially with the animation bits (again, see my gallery for examples).

I thank you all for your patience. I'm a little more active in the Discord server here https://discord.gg/5PpNuX5 so if you want more frequent updates or have multiple questions you can ask them there.

Thanks for the update! I'll follow this with great interest
Xentinova
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aeries » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:36 am

*Edit: JUST REALIZED HOW OLD THIS WAS WOW. This is real damn good, hope to see more when you're able to work on it.

This is real good! Just gonna follow the chicken's request and report bugs/typos I encountered

Typo report:

"Angel Core" is spelled "Angle Core" in the next page when it's referred to in the book in the temple in Petra.
Or... Maybe the first line is spelled "Angel Core" by accident, and Angle Core is in reference to the geometric container?

One of the two.

Mother Fara's Diary:

"She seemed to be in stable mind, although she kept forgetting 'the what day' it is."

"Slime Queen" called her "lair" a "layer"

Bugs:

Possible bug: Kisana and the PC remained on screen after recruiting her for the fight against the "Slime Queen".

Elisen BV scene: "Pole" is misspelled "Poll"
Aeries
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:11 am

Aeries wrote:*Edit: JUST REALIZED HOW OLD THIS WAS WOW. This is real damn good, hope to see more when you're able to work on it.

This is real good! Just gonna follow the chicken's request and report bugs/typos I encountered

Typo report:

"Angel Core" is spelled "Angle Core" in the next page when it's referred to in the book in the temple in Petra.
Or... Maybe the first line is spelled "Angel Core" by accident, and Angle Core is in reference to the geometric container?

One of the two.

Mother Fara's Diary:

"She seemed to be in stable mind, although she kept forgetting 'the what day' it is."

"Slime Queen" called her "lair" a "layer"

Bugs:

Possible bug: Kisana and the PC remained on screen after recruiting her for the fight against the "Slime Queen".

Elisen BV scene: "Pole" is misspelled "Poll"

Thank you! I've gone ahead and made the fixes in the text.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby AGenericPervert » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:09 am

Great to see updates from you!

Two Three questions, if you don't mind:

1: Do you intend to add any way to disable the combat system entirely? No issues with it in and of itself, but at a certain point of replaying the game enough there's a point where one may just want to get to the content after the combat - maybe something you can only get on replays or something?

2: Do you intend to do any of the quality of life things that one sometimes sees for smut games? Making an interactable point after any vore scene the player triggers, to re-do the event at the player's leisure, or similarly allowing players to view player-as-prey scenes if the player encounters them during that save - stuff like that.

EDIT: 3: In the original game while all the characters obviously looked different, there was a certain amount of similarity of proportions (other than bust) - I didn't notice anyone particularly short, or bottom-heavy rather than top-heavy, or particularly willowy or lanky, or sporting a bit of belly/flab, or being (femininely) bulky with muscle, or what have you. Do you plan to change any character designs for more NPC body variety, do you plan to do anything like this with characters going forward, or is this probably something you're not going to muck with?
Last edited by AGenericPervert on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
AGenericPervert
Been posting for a bit

Postby UnsettledTom » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:38 am

GooInABox wrote:I apologize for leaving this thread in the dark. I'll explain what's been going on for the past few months.

Nah man, the quality of your game is incredibly good IMO. The models/art are probably the best I've seen in a vore game, so I think that's probably more just self criticism on your part. Glad to hear that you'll be updating the game soon though!
UnsettledTom
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:53 am

AGenericPervert wrote:Great to see updates from you!

Two Three questions, if you don't mind:

1: Do you intend to add any way to disable the combat system entirely? No issues with it in and of itself, but at a certain point of replaying the game enough there's a point where one may just want to get to the content after the combat - maybe something you can only get on replays or something?

2: Do you intend to do any of the quality of life things that one sometimes sees for smut games? Making an interactable point after any vore scene the player triggers, to re-do the event at the player's leisure, or similarly allowing players to view player-as-prey scenes if the player encounters them during that save - stuff like that.

EDIT: 3: In the original game while all the characters obviously looked different, there was a certain amount of similarity of proportions (other than bust) - I didn't notice anyone particularly short, or bottom-heavy rather than top-heavy, or particularly willowy or lanky, or sporting a bit of belly/flab, or being (femininely) bulky with muscle, or what have you. Do you plan to change any character designs for more NPC body variety, do you plan to do anything like this with characters going forward, or is this probably something you're not going to muck with?

For the combat, I may have a future cheat that disables them entirely, but for now there should be a cheat "nuke" special move that makes you win the fight almost instantly.

I'm not sure how feasible I can make a scene viewer given that scenes often can have slightly different ways of playing out depending on prior variables. For example, if Elisen the stripper accidently starts to absorb you, the scene(s) has different dialogue depending on if Manda is or is not around, and if Lilith is or is not around. However, I did implement a system that helps avoid booting the player back to the menu upon a game-over due to a scene or combat, and instead loads at a recent safe checkpoint, which should help those who are interested in seeing as many prey scenes as possible without the inconvenience of having to redo progress if they forgot to save.

Part of my look-back on my old character designs is that I didn't really try to expand upon the default bodytypes that Honey Select generated for me. It's possible to go for more bulky or bottom-heavy or something else, but I was much more lazy three years ago and didn't really know better. I'll experiment with different body types when I go back and redesign some of the older characters for newer pictures.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby AGenericPervert » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:57 am

GooInABox wrote:I'm not sure how feasible I can make a scene viewer given that scenes often can have slightly different ways of playing out depending on prior variables. For example, if Elisen the stripper accidently starts to absorb you, the scene(s) has different dialogue depending on if Manda is or is not around, and if Lilith is or is not around.

Very bluntly, I feel like most players would be happy even with a janky implementation. Even if the repeated scenes aren't exactly as seen the first time... I mean, that's probably still preferable to having to either have a save pre-event or replay to it, if there's one a player wants to see in particular.

I don't know much about programming these days, but is there really no way to flag an event as not being able to trigger things (that you could turn on for the event after the first time it happens, for example something like an IF [First Time] THEN [flag allowing other triggers to be flipped] ELSE [flag not active so nothing can be triggered].
AGenericPervert
Been posting for a bit

Postby PlayerXxX » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:11 pm

I am in LOVE with this game. I love graphics, I love story, I love characters (especially tasty ones). XD
Please tell me you plan to develop it further.
My all time favorite scene and one that I keep reversing save to, is one with the pregnant centauress unbirth. Seeing Lili mesmerised and then climb into already huge belly of the centauress, trapped with 8 growing centaur babies in there for next two years... just saying that almost made me go into a frenzy.
Literally couldn't pick worse time to find this gem though since I have just underwent circumcision and I cannot jerk to this if I don't want to be in a lot of pain and see a lot of blood. XD
PlayerXxX
New to the forum

Postby ShamefulPeryton » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:04 pm

Hi, I just have to drop by and say this is the best Vore game I have ever played :)) I love being able to physically see how your charactor changes and just all of the fun vore scenes :) Keep up the good work.
ShamefulPeryton
New to the forum

Postby RandomInjury » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:09 pm

I think the errors in the game are only noticeable to you. It's still up there with the best in this sphere that I've ever played, and I've never really noticed a visual problem.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby PleaseCriticizeMe » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:07 pm

Can someone tell me the answere to the harpy puzzle. My brain doesn’t understand what I suppose to do.
PleaseCriticizeMe
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game