A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG) NEW August Update

Postby TeamFortress2 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:03 am

Just finished the game and I gotta say, this game has easily managed to become one of my all time favorites!

Just wanna get the few negatives out of the way (very likely that I'm not the first to mention them):

Spoiler: show

-Eaten people leaving behind a character sprite. It's really considerate of you to allow players to rewatch scenes, but leaving a character behind, causes me to loose a sense of permanence for my choices and can make it hard to tell which things I still need to do and which things are just replays. (I'm happy to see this is already fixed in the 2nd map and I really hope this also gets applied to earlier scenes).

-The player getting to choose what their prey does. I just don't think it's the player's place to make choices on their prey's behalf. Here as well tho, I think this is feedback that's already been taken to heart, because I've noticed the choices of "the prey is willing | The prey is unwilling" being shifted towards "Seduce the prey | Eat them immediately" which changes it from a choice you make for an NPC to a choice you make as the player character. I still don't think this is ideal though. If a prey has both the option to be willing and unwilling, I'd prefer if it wasn't a binary choice that the player makes during the scene. I think the maid that you call to your suite is the perfect example of how it can be done differently. After the first time where you get the basement key, you can call her again and immediately digest her while she's still unwilling, or you can let her go, call her a 3rd time and have her go willingly.

-A lot of sequence breaks. I imagine these will be fixed over time, but currently there are a lot of characters that will still be around after you've eaten them, even though the place they stay around in isn't a location where you trigger a vore scene. A handful of scenes could be accessed that referred to events I hadn't done yet. As far as I'm aware, all of these have already been reported, so I don't see a need to sum them up.

-During the main quest line there is this one point where you need to gather wood and you come across the (as far as I'm aware) one and only section with random encounters. Random encounters are usually kinda ass, isn't really different for this game either. Random encounters are usually bad because they hamper progress by triggering too often and causing the player to get the same boring fight(s) over and over again. And the ones in this game are actually some of the worst offenders I've ever seen. I trigger a fight about every 2 seconds and it's only this 1 enemy over and over again. I think it prolonged something that should have taken about a minute, to a whopping 30 minutes, just because I had to fight like 20 of those feckers.

Now on to the positives, which far outweigh the negatives for me:

Spoiler: show

-I'm a big fan of the art. It's actually surprisingly consistent. Sure. there's the 2D and there's the 3D art, but when you get the 2D art it's always the same style and same goes for the 3D art. Also, none of the character designs made me throw up in my mouth a little, which is an almost unheard feat in my case as far as vore games are concerned.

-The "animations" you regularly get when swallowing a character work quite well and is way more than you get in your average vore game.

-Lots of fun characters. Among my favorites are Lia of whom I'm almost scared because of how willing she was to feed her friends and family to you just for some sick enjoyment, knowing full well that she's likely to become the next meal and even though she doesn't want that, she just can't help herself but pushing further. Nora who is kind of in a similar boat where she keeps pushing a little bit further, knowing it's not going to end well for her, but in the end gives in to the excitement. And lastly the mother who sells her own daughter to you, probably thinking that 3000GP is too steep of a price anyways only to be surprised that you can actually cough up the money and claim her daughter. (I'm a sucker for 2 people who know each other betraying one another to some 3rd party pred)

With that last one I think I've already crossed into the zone of personal preference and the next few points aren't gonna be much different.

-The weight gain, which, while being noticeable, isn't anything excessive, which is exactly what I prefer. It also gives a sense of permanence when it comes to your choice of eating people (which was somewhat necessary for me because of the aforementioned "characters sticking around for you to replay scenes" and sequence breaks)

-The setting is right up my alley. I love a setting where vore is really rare and/or (almost) unheard of, which is pretty much what we get with the starting area. Unfortunately the 2nd area does away with this and is a setting where vore is a quite common phenomenon, but at least I get a nice trade-off in the form of getting access to demi-human prey.
Another thing that can be said about the first setting is that it has this interesting mix of feeling fantasy like, while still having some modernistic elements. I don't know why, but somehow you made it work.
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bigbadbill6969 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:36 pm

Has Oppi given up on the game? The patreon hasn’t been active for a while
Bigbadbill6969
New to the forum

Postby Azirovka » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:57 pm

Bigbadbill6969 wrote:Has Oppi given up on the game? The patreon hasn’t been active for a while

Have some patience, making a game takes time (+ 2 months is not that much time).
Azirovka
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:33 pm

Azirovka wrote:
Bigbadbill6969 wrote:Has Oppi given up on the game? The patreon hasn’t been active for a while

Have some patience, making a game takes time (+ 2 months is not that much time).

September to December is a busy time in general. Not to mention, two months is less than the gap between this update and the last one if I'm not mistaken.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby feauxen » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:13 pm

So I notice other people are having trouble with the sold girl scene, and different problems than I did, but I can't replay it (despite having done it already, it acts like I've got someone in my stomach whether or not I actually do so the replay option never appears) and I suspect it might be because I played the red haired pred scene before fully digesting. Could be something else, but it is a bit weird regardless that the game lets you eat someone else when your stomach is already full.
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Luigigamer » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:20 pm

umakeisee wrote:
Azirovka wrote:

September to December is a busy time in general. Not to mention, two months is less than the gap between this update and the last one if I'm not mistaken.

May to august, so yeah, more than 2 months.
Luigigamer
New to the forum

Postby TheEvilWithin » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Sorry to inform you guys, but due to technical issue that led to Oppi losing the update assets and desire to start anew, A Way Back Home development is officially stopped. Oppi is currently working on a new project now.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:08 pm

TheEvilWithin wrote:Sorry to inform you guys, but due to technical issue that led to Oppi losing the update assets and desire to start anew, A Way Back Home development is officially stopped. Oppi is currently working on a new project now.

*insert shouting of the word no being yelled loudly and for an extended period of time here*
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby chenwales » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:03 am

Eh,can we get the last parton updata?
chenwales
New to the forum

Postby oppi » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:12 pm

chenwales wrote:Eh,can we get the last parton updata?

You can:)
Unfortunately this is the last update for AWBH. I'll be working on a new game as of right now.
oppi
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:04 pm

oppi wrote:

Unfortunately this is the last update for AWBH. I'll be working on a new game as of right now.

Damn. Really loved this one. I can't wait to see your next game!
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zond » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:33 pm

oppi wrote:

it's really sad... :(
I hope to see your new project :gulp:
do you already having mechanics that work well, new game should definitely be fine)
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Postby PrismaticAria » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:01 am

Does anyone know what triggers Pri's "laying" images to appear? I found the associated common event in the game's files, but haven't found a trigger for the event itself.
PrismaticAria
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rowanwigg » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:52 am

Can someone please tell me how to get the "New tiny scene ? eats Pri."
Rowanwigg
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gobblez12 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:06 am

How do I get the drinks for the new bathroom party?
Gobblez12
New to the forum

Postby TheEvilWithin » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:45 am

Rowanwigg wrote:Can someone please tell me how to get the "New tiny scene ? eats Pri."

Accept the maid request to feed their pet, go to her house and interact with the donkey without having the carrots with you.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby smallfan » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:57 am

do the carrots have to come from somewhere specific, have fourteen on me and still getting the dialogue as if i had no pet food.

"edit": nevermind figured it out and feeling quite silly
smallfan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Asafen » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:15 pm

For anyone else having trouble with the carrots thing, you need pet food, not carrots.
Asafen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Panzershark » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:13 pm

Wait, I‘m confused. I acknowledge that A Way Back Home has finished development, but is the version currently available on Eka‘s the penultimate Patreon Update, or the actual final one?
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby Rainbine » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:22 pm

Have you considerd adding any AV or UB content?
Rainbine
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game