Your guys thoughts on a text game where you are the pred

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Your guys thoughts on a text game where you are the pred

Postby Dele02b62862 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:28 am

So I haven't posted any of my attempts of Text based vore games using Quest. I got really far setting up a whole system for one, and I just need to fill in the rest of it. Problem is for the last couple years I have been suffering from a anxiety based creative mental block that has effected my creative writing and everything else. I'm working on it and making head way, but still feel to much pressure to go back to that previous game just yet. So I want to start a new one free of all the expectations and plans I had for the previous.
Now I have played many text games over the years and one major complaint I hear a lot is their are few games that let you play pred as well as prey, and even less as just a pred.
So I want to make a game where you are exclusively the pred.
I want your guys thoughts o what you think such a game would look like?
I don't want it to be a huge undertaking so let's start out small. My first thought was a game where you play a predator that already has an identity rather then create one yourself. The prey will also be fixed characters. Basically you're in a bottle location of some size and your job as pred is to move around snatching up prey one at a time. I think of it like Alien isolation, only you are the monster.
The first scenario that came to my mind was one that takes place at an abandoned Japanese mansion which is rumored to be haunted, so ghost hunters periodically show up to look for ghosts. Problem is it's not haunted by spirits but instead a very ravenous Kitsune(Aka you the player).
The game play is you stealth around looking for the perfect opportunity to gobble up prey one by one. Their will be more then four of them, and they move from room to room either by themselves or in pairs. You simply watch and wait till you want to strike, and then implement your kitsune abilities to capture the prey as you see fit. This includes casting illusions, mind control, shape shifting. Options for how to use each of these is gained by observing your prey as they unwittingly reveal facts about themselves you can use against them. Like fears, dreams, desires.
So till me what you think of that idea, or give my your own completely original ones for something different. I also want to know what you guys want to see. I'm open to lots of suggestions.
(Edit) One more thing, tell me if you think the player's perspective should be in the first or third person? Like I said the Kitsune already has a name and personality. So that means you assume them, so tell me which perspective you feel would help you imperse in that preexisting identity. I will tally up the answers.
Dele02b62862
Somewhat familiar

Re: Your guys thoughts on a text game where you are the pred

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:43 am

Well, my favorite game featuring a player pred is a text adventure; so it's definitely welcome. But the reason that game is as good as it is, is because of the well written narrative that surrounds the fetish interactions. It's so well written my main playthrough doesn't engage in any of said interactions because I'm too invested in role playing.

I guess the main thing to take away from that game is that such interactions don't just exist in a void, but have context which makes them memorable. Your ideas don't sound bad at all to me though, especially for a one off game; may take a fair amount of tinkering to implement however considering the observation and stealth mechanics.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby KnightleyPaine » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:58 am

More-Vore wrote:Text based

More-Vore wrote:Their will be

More-Vore wrote:imperse

More-Vore wrote:till me what you think of that idea

If text is going to be the only medium their is, and this will be how it reads, then I can till you I'm not impersed so far.

More-Vore wrote:I want your guys thoughts o what you think such a game would look like?

More-Vore wrote:I think of it like Alien isolation, only you are the monster.

More-Vore wrote:Like I said the Kitsune already has a name and personality.

Well that sounds like you already have an idea, doesn't it? You asking for us to make the game for you?

More-Vore wrote: tell me if you think the player's perspective should be in the first or third person?

Okay, so I'm not just discouraging you;

This is not a personalized experience where you have a single RP partner, this is an experience you are crafting for an audience.

Like every game or book, you can't just be in complete concept stage and go 'guys what do you like' for complete chickenshit like that, because it ends up with stuff we're telling you, not created around what you empathize with. At best, it shows you have no confidence in your vision and are micromanaging over it. Just go do the thing. Will it be absolute garbage? So far, signs point to yes, your game will be absolute garbage, at best remotely enjoyed entirely on its fringe interest merits by the few people who go really deep into the rabbit hole out of a singular interest.

But here's the thing, it will have been a piece of absolute garbage made in your vision. It wasn't done by committee. But then you actually have something people can give feedback on to grow from.

Also the game you're describing is just this one but with no graphics, so the good news is yeah I guess it would work because it's worked before.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:07 am

Hmmm, tough crowd. Well, good luck OP; if you're enthusiastic about it, you'll make it.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby SparkyTheWolf » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:52 am

KnightleyPaine wrote:If text is going to be the only medium their is, and this will be how it reads, then I can till you I'm not impersed so far.

Ah yes, having a go about someone else's typing abilities and claiming that you won't like the game based on it while misspelling a word at the same time.
Good job.
Don't be so harsh on people.

As for the OP? - I like the idea and fully understand the anxiety issue as I suffer from it myself.
I hope that you're able to get through it and work on this new project of yours, wishing you a lot of luck as I'd be more than happy to play the game or a demo of it.
SparkyTheWolf
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dongers » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 am

SparkyTheWolf wrote:
KnightleyPaine wrote:If text is going to be the only medium their is, and this will be how it reads, then I can till you I'm not impersed so far.

Ah yes, having a go about someone else's typing abilities and claiming that you won't like the game based on it while misspelling a word at the same time.
Good job.
Don't be so harsh on people.

As for the OP? - I like the idea and fully understand the anxiety issue as I suffer from it myself.
I hope that you're able to get through it and work on this new project of yours, wishing you a lot of luck as I'd be more than happy to play the game or a demo of it.

They're clearly making those mistakes on purpose as they mimicked OP's mistakes
Dongers
Participator

Postby Dele02b62862 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 am

I made those mistakes because it was after midnight when I made the post and I was exhausted and it didn't occur to me to proofread what I wrote other than using Google's auto spell check suggestions. LOL
Dele02b62862
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:22 am

Sounds like a good idea. But ideas are cheap, you can see a hundred of them scattered across this forum. Delivering product is what counts.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:45 pm

I think some people will play a well-made game even if it doesn't fully align with their interests; what's important is that it's a game you like and want to make
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby daeway » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:15 pm

A game where you play as the apex predator has enticed me for years. I have ideas, but I’d maybe elaborate another date. And best of luck to that writers block!
daeway
Participator

Postby SephirothTheLegend » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:32 pm

playing as a pred is always more fun to me than anything.
but ultimately, build the game you want to build. Working on something that doesn't
interest you will end up causing burnout and potentially leaving you to abandon the game.

However, I will say, having some sort of growth attached to being an apex predator sounds fun. If
it's in your scope of course.
SephirothTheLegend
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:51 am

As far as the first/third person thing goes.
Text Adventures are usually written in the Second person.

1st - I ate the Goth Girl
2nd - You ate the Goth Girl <-- This one
3rd - Sally ate the Goth Girl

This is usually the most immersive option since the game is treating the player as if they were the character.
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby DetonaTuto » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:43 am

Personaly speaking, I am not very interested, but I am sure that there are people out there who would like it.
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cimche » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:44 pm

I'm actually working on a game on quest right now called
Pokemon MIA: paradise island. I'm not crazy good with quest yet but I know how attributes/variables work a little, alongside some other things. The Idea of your game does sound cool! Not sure if having a ton of abilities could work if your trying to go for a small game (all I gave my pc is a struggle button lol) but I'm sure there's a creative way around that. The fears/dreams/desires would be cool if they where attached to a obj as a Boolean attribute and then activate one of them using a randomized switch statement or something (sorry been coding a lot Uwu). I do hope you make this game and have fun doing so, and if you need help I can probably be that help.
Cimche
Been posting for a bit

Postby daeway » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:44 am

Your idea of an "alien isolation" kind of game got me thinking.
How about you set the game in a science fantasy universe where ppl travel from different planets delivering cargo, or even just from Earth to Mars or Venus in the earliest stages of exploring the Final Frontier. The idea is the vessel runs a service of transporting cargo, sometimes living other times inanimate, and the crew is often on and off. The MC is a nurse on the ship; tall, curvy, a bit plump, and generally unassuming. She is the predator that roams the ship looking for crewmates or passengers to gobble up. Having the game take place during a casual trip in space locks down outside help and shrinks the game area considerably. Having the character be a nurse means the MC is mostly in the background while a "story" takes place around them. Who she eats changes the story dramatically and she doesn't eat anyone, the story plays out as if she had no affect at all. That is why she isn't the captain or first mate; to be unassuming and unimportant to a pacifist run. The story could be something simple like pirates invading to rob everyone. If the captain isn't gurgling away the MC's gut, he or she would probably fight the pirates. If so, then the pirates would take over the ship and add new prey to the run. If she eats all the pirates, and is caught, she will be seen as a hero by most and maybe a freak by others, if she doesn't eat anyone on the way.
The predator wouldn't be an alien. I much prefer human vore to furries or aliens, so that's why I suggest a human nurse. She would also be exceptionally super strong, durable, and enduring. So maybe more of a superhuman then. She can also multi-vore to deal with several prey at a time, object vore to hide necessary items or just have more opportunities to eat something in a pacifist run, and hammer space vore to hide the belly and lean more to the science fantasy aspect of this scenario.
daeway
Participator

Return to Vore game