Working on a Text Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Working on a Text Game

Postby Zixer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:40 pm

luxario wrote:I did actually attempt to give it to a whole ton of folks, just didn't seem to work

Oh, yeah, the two you can give it to (besides Elvon) are a bit out of the way and require a few things to trigger before they show up.

Also, I can't remember if I posted this to the thread or not already, but if anyone sees a bug please report it here. I know some game authors worry about getting clogged up with ten thousand posts of useless nonsense but seriously if any of you see an error message, or even something happening that shouldn't make sense, please tell me. I'm trying to get these things taken care of before I get so far into development that they become a problem.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Zixer wrote:Also, I can't remember if I posted this to the thread or not already, but if anyone sees a bug please report it here. I know some game authors worry about getting clogged up with ten thousand posts of useless nonsense but seriously if any of you see an error message, or even something happening that shouldn't make sense, please tell me. I'm trying to get these things taken care of before I get so far into development that they become a problem.

Well, if you insist ;)

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'comp.Health > 0': CompareElement: Operation 'GreaterThan' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Int32'

Was fighting the WereOtter. I tried to grab it, the prompt said that the WereOtter slipped away, it attacked my companion and then above error occurred.
The attack that it performed on my companion dealt more damage than their remaining HP.
Able to reproduce the error during every attack round. It did not seem to interfere with the combat at all.
My guess, it is throwing the error when checking Kerva's health, since the WereOtter never attempted to attack her.

Edit: another one:

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'object.AITimer': RootExpressionElement: Cannot convert type 'Object' to expression result of 'IScript'

Was in combat with a Huge Snake. When I made the finishing blow, a wolf (presumably) came out, but the Huge Snake was still on the scene. Attacking the snake again kills it again and, humorously, another wolf came out while leaving the snake on the scene. Error was thrown whenever the killing blow on the snake was performed.

The same error is thrown when digesting your companion who is themselves digesting another target. On the last digestion tick (the killing blow), the error is thrown and the 2nd victim is released into your stomach, but both preys still exist (even though the companion is at -1 hp). Presumably, the error only occurs when the prey's stomach is filled at the moment it dies. Edit: When attempting to reproduce when eating a snake who had consumed a wolf, the error was not thrown. Testing continues.

Using Quest version 5.6.2 build 5.6.5783.24161 on Windows 10 if that makes a difference.
I am not using any modifications, this is just the base game download v0.2.3
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vernam » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:34 am

oh, i was just about to write the same error right above this :9

btw, is there anyway to bring wereotter to shara? when it released it just stays in the place where shara is.
vernam
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zixer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:09 am

Huh, that is odd. Comp is your companion, kerva isn't actually targetable. That's the message for when an attribute is not defined, which is strange. AITimer is a legacy script that shouldn't be called, at all.

Thanks for the quest version, those bugs are weird enough that it might actually be problems with quest. I'll check it out.

...also there shouldn't actually be a way to bring the wereotter to shara yet... Whoops! That'll be a plot later. I've been meaning to make sure you can't release any prey in limbo, so I'll get on that.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:46 am

Glad to be of service :)
Some more testing:

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'target.Health - damage': ArithmeticElement: Operation 'Subtract' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Object'

Called when sleeping in an inn while digesting a prey.

My guess of the source of the error: preys are coded to be fully digested at the moment that the player sleeps. But, the digestion damage ticks are calculated afterwards anyway, and since the prey no longer exists, the error is thrown.
Also of note: each body part of a Goo Gator Soldier is digested independently when sleeping: breasts, stomach, ass. Maybe not intentional :)

Minor mistake: When being breast vored by Essa, the dialogue option mentions that "You see to your left [your companion being in the same situation]", but in fact it is you who ends up in the left breast.
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:28 am

Skeiron wrote:Minor mistake: When being breast vored by Essa, the dialogue option mentions that "You see to your left [your companion being in the same situation]", but in fact it is you who ends up in the left breast.

the player is looking left...which makes sense because you are facing Essa....you are going into her left breast and your companion to the left of you is going into the right breast
Firon
---

Postby Zixer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Skeiron wrote:Glad to be of service :)
Some more testing:

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'target.Health - damage': ArithmeticElement: Operation 'Subtract' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Object'

My guess of the source of the error: preys are coded to be fully digested at the moment that the player sleeps. But, the digestion damage ticks are calculated afterwards anyway, and since the prey no longer exists, the error is thrown.
Also of note: each body part of a Goo Gator Soldier is digested independently when sleeping: breasts, stomach, ass. Maybe not intentional :)

I can only assume your quest player is cursed.

On the off chance that these are somehow my fault, I'll look into it; thanks! The gator thing should definitely not be happening.

Also yo hey I've just noticed you've referred to digestion in "ticks", are you seeing timer-based digestion or turn-based digestion? It should be turn based but you also had the AI timer throw so I'm hella paranoid now.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Firon wrote:
Skeiron wrote:Minor mistake: When being breast vored by Essa, the dialogue option mentions that "You see to your left [your companion being in the same situation]", but in fact it is you who ends up in the left breast.

the player is looking left...which makes sense because you are facing Essa....you are going into her left breast and your companion to the left of you is going into the right breast

*headdesk* please disregard me, for I am an idiot.

Zixer wrote:
Skeiron wrote:Glad to be of service :)
Some more testing:

I can only assume your quest player is cursed.

On the off chance that these are somehow my fault, I'll look into it; thanks! The gator thing should definitely not be happening.

Also yo hey I've just noticed you've referred to digestion in "ticks", are you seeing timer-based digestion or turn-based digestion? It should be turn based but you also had the AI timer throw so I'm hella paranoid now.

I haven't done anything strange with my Quest player, as far as I can remember :P
Can at least confirm that it is in fact turn-based digestion, it triggers on combat turns / wait command / and (I assume) sleep.

Testing the error messages I got a bit more:

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'comp.Health > 0': CompareElement: Operation 'GreaterThan' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Int32'

This triggers also when the companion is not present and it is just the player and Kerva in the cave. Triggers only on combat / wait command. I assume that Kerva is treated as temporary companion and/or combat ally even though she does not have an HP value, and that that is the source of the error.

Also of note: each body part of a Goo Gator Soldier is digested independently when sleeping: breasts, stomach, ass.

This only occurs if digesting when sleeping. Digesting them 'out in the world' simply digests the prey normally. This makes me think that the full digestion on sleep is handled differently than / separately from the normal digestion. This could also explain the other 'digestion when sleeping' error.

I would find it easier if I had a look at the source code, since I am just guessing at possible interactions here :)

Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:09 am

Believe me, looking at the source code would not help you at all. I barely know what's going on here!

Also good news, you're not cursed. All of these bugs are caused by the same similar bug where the code picks up random objects and assumes they're living creatures. I found out a bit ago but didn't have time to post an update, sorry you ended up doing more testing! You've been a big help though.

I'm gonna try to get a quick fix out this week if I can grab a computer, should have better checks for this and also keep you from messing with prey while in Limbo. We'll see.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Yay, I'm not cursed! :gulp: Confirmed that everything is working without errors now.

Always glad to be of service :) if you ever change your mind, my tolerance for spaghetti code is quite high :)

A minor issue I found is if your companion is in the WereOtter's womb and you are at an Inn. Sleeping will then give the message that your companion wakes up on the beach, but after switching they will still be in the womb. If you are in the womb and the companion is in the Inn, then sleeping works as stated.

Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vernam » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Welp, seems there's another bug to be swatted :9

This bug happens by releasing a enemy while in kerva's womb. error code as follows.

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'pExit.Roam = true': CompareElement: Operation 'Equal' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Boolean'

and it keeps happening each turn you make. my guess is, the enemy(s) released out of there spawning zone tends to 'run away'. but since kerva's womb has no exit, enemy released in kerva's womb is not able to 'run away'. resulting in making this error.
vernam
Been posting for a bit

Postby uents » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:08 pm

I know you are still working out bugs and have trouble getting on a PC but what exactly are you planning with the so called RPG system you mentioned earlier?
uents
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:58 pm

vernam wrote:Welp, seems there's another bug to be swatted :9

This bug happens by releasing a enemy while in kerva's womb. error code as follows.

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'pExit.Roam = true': CompareElement: Operation 'Equal' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Boolean'

and it keeps happening each turn you make. my guess is, the enemy(s) released out of there spawning zone tends to 'run away'. but since kerva's womb has no exit, enemy released in kerva's womb is not able to 'run away'. resulting in making this error.

Yes!! This happens in several places and is the bane of my existence because for some reason quest 5.6 no longer allows you to redefine default types. Exits enemies can get to have a "roam" attribute that defines their pathfinding, but not all of them have that. It's on my list.

uents wrote:I know you are still working out bugs and have trouble getting on a PC but what exactly are you planning with the so called RPG system you mentioned earlier?

Stats besides health, strength, and digestion, and ways to increase those stats.

I've been going back and forth a lot on including classes. I think what I'm going to end up doing is the standard of choosing a class type thing (fighterish, rangerish, wizardish, and obligatory voreish) when you start the game and you get stuff specific to that class. This lets me do stuff later like make certain things plotwise easier depending on what of these you choose. When I first implement it though, it will probably just be some stats and flavor text.

The classes are tied a bit to the background of the game setting, and reference where the two pcs are originally from in the game world. Elvon actually mentions a couple of the people groups in some of his conversation topics.

This will all actually be the focus of the next big update.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:15 am

Quick question: do enemies you CV get digested into cum or not?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:43 am

Maenethal wrote:Quick question: do enemies you CV get digested into cum or not?

Not at the moment. Only organ that digests is yer stomach, and it's manually triggered.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:06 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:
Maenethal wrote:Quick question: do enemies you CV get digested into cum or not?

Not at the moment. Only organ that digests is yer stomach, and it's manually triggered.

Let's call that... two updates from now, probably?
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby DaJumpman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:55 pm

Ooof, hate to necro this post, but man.

I like this game. Wish I could learn the coding to try and add more to the system.
DaJumpman
Been posting for a bit

Postby RC8015 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:43 am

Well, then you'll need a huge devi to revive this I guess.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby aperson1234567890 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:25 pm

Super sorry about the necro but I want to ask if anyone has a copy of Zixer's newest version of this game. I don't mean the Rake or Argo edits but the version with the Sewers and crocs and Kevara. If anyone does have it and can shoot me a copy you will be one of my favorite people. Again sorry about necro.
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game